HPD's WWN evaluation poll 4

Forum news. If you are a new member, please read the Forum Rules.

Which of these boards do you think should have the highest priority for improvements?

DS Custom CO Center: We need a rating system and raters!
29%
Ladder: Give us incentive to play!
20%
Tournaments: I'm really missing those.
14%
General boards: There should be another CO Debates.
18%
Hacking: More research needs to be done!
6%
Design room: What happened to the CDM raters?
12%

Total votes: 49

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

HPD's WWN evaluation poll 4

Post by HPD » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:29 am

Who dared to also make a WWN evaluation poll on the site? I just found such a nice spot for them right here..

Anyway, I have a similar poll here as well, and this time with discussion.

Oh yeah, also feel free to discuss the results of this week's site poll here.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:49 am

As much as I love the ladder, it's got to be the DS CCO Centre. CCO creation is one of the main things WWN was founded on, and probably our biggest 'unique selling point'. It's gonna be tough with the majority of the raters suffering from 'real life syndrome', but it needs doing at some point.
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.
You look awesome. - Shift Breaker

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:53 am

I completely agree with that. The DS CCO center should be ready before end 2005, preferably even in December.

I'm also already working on CO Debates 3, though. If things go well, it'll be starting around Christmas this year. And yes, that will be AWDS modes.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

NovaCid9

Post by NovaCid9 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:10 am

I say we get the CO debates back up, along with the CCO center. Also, we need to start the CCO tourney again *glares at everyone who still hasn't turned in COs*

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:12 am

*gets glared at*

What? I said I was willing to step down from my signup spot if I'm the last one to turn in a CO for the tourney.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:59 am

The rating centre does need to get off the ground. It's a pity I'm so bone-idle... I feel guilty about completely ignoring it.

aeginotu

Post by aeginotu » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:27 am

I would like to see both a Rating Center and a General Board.

Yuganon

Post by Yuganon » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:28 pm

No Tournaments? You guys aren't looking forward to the master shark? You guys suck. :wink:
teabag a piranha tank, heart barely beatin'

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:45 pm

Design maps...I need to get back to making my campaign.... But I need to do a lot of things.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:03 pm

At least you never started a tournament...

>_> Meep.

MaxAstro

Post by MaxAstro » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:25 pm

Definated the DS CCO center. Needs raters... On that note, what's likely to be involved in becoming a rater? It's a job I'm interested in, and I certainly seem to have enough free time. ^_^
Mr. Self Destruct wrote:That is one thing you can say about Nintendo: love them or hate them, you can't argue the fact that a Gamecube is a viable form of offensive weaponry. It's like a freaking mace.

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:14 pm

The original requirement to become a Junior rater was to simply make an S rank CO. I stopped bothering shortly after all the new changes were implemented.

In regards to tournaments, I advise you take a look at ASDF.

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:49 pm

I feel we need to make a consistant design map section.
While the DS CCO section does need some raters, I don't really think it's current state can be helped, whereas the design map section has potential.

As for tourneys... Well, I might as well go and start one.

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:50 pm

Speaking of tourneys, I'll be doing something about closing the first 4 battles sometime in the next day or so.

Gameshark

Post by Gameshark » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:57 pm

Reading the CO custom thing is fun. Some of the CO's are well done, and would love to have them in the next AW.

Snowbear

Post by Snowbear » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:29 pm

I voted for the General Discussion. I really liked reading all the debates. They are all good.

But if I could vote for another, it'll probably be for the DS Custom board.

(Do not change my vote)

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:30 pm

Why bump this? :?...
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Snowbear

Post by Snowbear » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:28 pm

Sorry...

Man, i have been horrible.

I didn't notice the date of the last post.

Banzo803

Post by Banzo803 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:20 pm

meh, doesn't matter. Bumps generally lead to new discussion. Anyway, what happened to the Rating Revival Thing you were planning HPD? I'm really interested in becoming a DS CCO rater (hate the AW2 balance system) and this is getting annoying.
Chill on the Mexican stereotypes before I get my macho burrito and whip your butt like a candy-filled pinata, you filthy gringo. - Marceux <3

Winners of the Breakdancing Monk Stamp of Approval Award: 4
-Gameshark
-DTaeKim
-Dark Conscience
-Shift Breaker

x0_000

Post by x0_000 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:23 pm

Now we need some hackers...
Only in math can you buy 600 cantaloupes and not look like a nutter.

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:29 pm

I'll help hacking.
What can change the nature of a man?

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:23 am

Banzo803 wrote:meh, doesn't matter. Bumps generally lead to new discussion. Anyway, what happened to the Rating Revival Thing you were planning HPD? I'm really interested in becoming a DS CCO rater (hate the AW2 balance system) and this is getting annoying.
Still need to fire it up. I'll be doing it soon, but I have other important things to see to as well right now.

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:48 am

Well, I hope it's up soon as I have an AW DS CO that I'd like to rate. I'm still waiting for AW2 Alexander to be rated however *wink wink*

donnytondesterkste

Post by donnytondesterkste » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:45 am

Wait...what happened to the CDM center anyway? I hear AWN's already building a new and better DM of theirs >.>
"I'd sig that, but no room. >_>" -Blame Game

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:40 am

I guess the WWN staff no longer supports a CDM center. Which means you're free to set up your own CDM topic if you like.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:48 am

And you can upload the maps to our design map PHP thingy.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

donnytondesterkste

Post by donnytondesterkste » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:56 am

Psh. Those maps nobody really sees...and nobody submits or votes. I'm better off simply staying at AWN.

Besides, if I set up a CDM topic, who would bother posting there?

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:24 am

That's like saying why would you visit WWN when there's AWN?

The most simple answer being intelligence and eventual evolution of the community. No offense to the DM at AWN, but a lot of the comments are inconsequential and off-topic and subsequently only allow a few mapmakers the opportunity to eventually flourish.

I'd love to see a CDM section on WWN as long as it's fairly active, though I want the CCO center revival to go on first.

Banzo803

Post by Banzo803 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:34 pm

yeah, but it'll be real hard to get it off the ground and competeing with the AWN DM section...
Chill on the Mexican stereotypes before I get my macho burrito and whip your butt like a candy-filled pinata, you filthy gringo. - Marceux <3

Winners of the Breakdancing Monk Stamp of Approval Award: 4
-Gameshark
-DTaeKim
-Dark Conscience
-Shift Breaker

CO_Frosty

Post by CO_Frosty » Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:06 am

[stupid idea]Yeah...I think that trying to compete with AWN solely on the maps thing will be extremely hard, not to say impossible....but maybe you can start something with the other design stuff together with the maps to attract more people...like a center to rate all kinds of design stuff...like design unit and desig maps and maybe themes...people may come here to get that stuff rated, since I don't think that there are lots of places that rate those stuff and eventually they will start to submit more maps...[/stupid idea]

donnytondesterkste

Post by donnytondesterkste » Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:39 pm

treedweller15 wrote:That's like saying why would you visit WWN when there's AWN?

The most simple answer being intelligence and eventual evolution of the community. No offense to the DM at AWN, but a lot of the comments are inconsequential and off-topic and subsequently only allow a few mapmakers the opportunity to eventually flourish.

I'd love to see a CDM section on WWN as long as it's fairly active, though I want the CCO center revival to go on first.
That's the thing! If WWN had the same enthusiasm as AWN about Design Maps, obviously I would prefer it here in a more intelligent community. However, the vastness of AWN and the variance of the members make it the top spot currently. And the comments, while quite a few are off-topic, hardly "allow a few mapmakers the opportunity to eventually flourish". I think that the problem with the CCO revival is, simply, almost all the good ideas have been taken. I mean, now we have DS COs, which are much better, but how far can we go without being exhaustive?

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:04 am

The rating centre revival is necessary due to the large backlog of unrated COs that are currently kicking around. And I think it's unfair to say that there aren't good new ideas coming up, what with COs like Tronne's Julia and Treedweller's Alexander around at the moment.
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.
You look awesome. - Shift Breaker

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:57 am

Donny, that's like saying literature, movies and gaming cannot go any further because we've established all the genres and refined them. The thing is, there's always room for improvement and occassional sparks of creativity, and as long as we have the CCO center there will continue to be great CCOs and ideas. People however must think a little harder before they begin to create more COs.

And the CCO Rating Center is what makes WWN truly standout from AWN; if we lose that, then what do we have over them besides a more intelligent community?

Kiltman2

Post by Kiltman2 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:31 pm

And the CCO Rating Center is what makes WWN truly standout from AWN; if we lose that, then what do we have over them besides a more intelligent community?
Exactly. We have an unique system here, and the revival of it will only take us on to bigger and better things. It will mean a greater incentive to make CCOs and bring in more members. More members = bigger site.

Guesty

Post by Guesty » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:33 pm

But more members also equals more stupidity. And that isn't good, right? But the CCO Center still needs to have more raters.

Urza

Post by Urza » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:58 am

Hey, I want to be CCO rater!!! What do I have to do to become one?
Johnny Damon is going to hell.
pic. by Sasquatch

Guesty

Post by Guesty » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:05 am

Definitely more CO debates. There's a lot of ground to debate on, and I could even participate in one debate ;)
Sig by Sasquatch.
Hit: Cute Things
Miss: Phones

EskimoConvntion

Post by EskimoConvntion » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:00 am

i've no incentive to play as much as i used to. needy more laddery
I'm incapable of any such thing. Ninjas are heartless killers. >_>
However, if you want, I will set up a stand and distribute cookies.- kireato

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:10 pm

Indeed. <_<;
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.