Staffing changes.

Forum news. If you are a new member, please read the Forum Rules.
Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Staffing changes.

Post by Dragon Fogel » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:54 am

Changes: I'm now an admin and thefalman is a global mod, instead of the other way around.

To be clear, this isn't a punishment for Fal or anything; he just wasn't using any of his admin powers. He told us beforehand that he doesn't mind the change.

The main focus of my new position will be getting rid of spambots. I'm already catching most of them as it is, but now I can IP-ban them. And if another bot comes along and makes 20 or so posts throughout the boards, I can delete them all with one moderator action. As such, I have updated my custom title to reflect this new duty.
Dragon Fogel,
Marquis Elmdor's Arch-Nemesis

Don't call me "Dragon".

WWN's War Room High Scores: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt
AW1 version: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: Staffing changes.

Post by HPD » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:20 am

Have fun!
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:57 pm

My name looks weird in green.

(N.B. This is not a serious complaint.)
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.
You look awesome. - Shift Breaker

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

Mr Dev

Post by Mr Dev » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:51 am

All complaints must be taken seriously!

Although yeah red suited it more =p

Oh well.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:19 am

I can switch the colours around, if you like. <_<

N.B. Not a serious proposal.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:34 am

But green's too perfect for Linky's name, I wouldn't want to ruin that! ;)
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:45 am

Then we just 'green up' your shiz:

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:55 am

Eww no that looks even wronger.

I mean, the thought was there, but I think I'll just stick with the green name...

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:01 am

Omigodfalsnameisgreen

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:39 pm

Here's Linkman being late once again.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:22 pm

...and my copy of Killer7 seems to have gone missing. Maybe I lent it out to someone. >_>

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:48 am

[quote="Dragon Fogel"]The main focus of my new position will be getting rid of spambots. I'm already catching most of them as it is, but now I can IP-ban them. And if another bot comes along and makes 20 or so posts throughout the boards, I can delete them all with one moderator action. As such, I have updated my custom title to reflect this new duty.[/quote]

Surely "addons" or external programs exist which automatically do that? Kind of like email filters. I haven't looked, but even if there isn't no doubt one of the decent programmers here could create something along those lines.

EDIT: BBcode isn't working.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:52 am

There is, but for what it's worth admins have a 'nuke this person so that they never existed on the forum' button.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:58 am

Then they have no right to complain.

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:45 am

MAN wrote:...and my copy of Killer7 seems to have gone missing. Maybe I lent it out to someone. >_>
THIS IS A BAAAAD OMEN.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:51 am

Fal, I'm sure I've heard that in a film somewhere. It's really annoying me because I can't for the life of me figure out which. Enlighten me.

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:25 am

I'm sure there have been lines about bad omens in various films, but like the geek I am I'm actually referencing a line from the first mission of AoE II's Aztec campaign:

"I hear the growl of the jaguar. Is this a baaad omen?"

Alecat

Post by Alecat » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:08 am

MAN wrote:...and my copy of Killer7 seems to have gone missing. Maybe I lent it out to someone. >_>
Hopefully not MIA due to AVCon. Did it get taken there in the jumble?

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:22 pm

I'm pretty sure I didn't bring it because of the whole MA waaaaaaaaaaaaahfest. =
thefalman wrote:THIS IS A BAAAAD OMEN.
Y'know, I was kind of hoping you'd have gone for "we're in a tight spot!" >_>

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:52 am

Can't you make then both green, and the admins in caps?

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:20 am

I don't want my name in green :o
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:21 am

I don't want Xen's name to be green :O

----------------
Now playing: Pink Floyd - Your Possible Pasts
via FoxyTunes

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:27 am

And I don't want my name in caps.
Dragon Fogel,
Marquis Elmdor's Arch-Nemesis

Don't call me "Dragon".

WWN's War Room High Scores: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt
AW1 version: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:35 am

My name's already in caps.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:43 am

dragonite wrote:Can't you make then both green, and the admins in caps?
Sorry but the caps idea is retarded.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:06 am

I knew, but y,know, this place is crazy, so it was worth a try.

DieselPheonix

Post by DieselPheonix » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:29 pm

Mods in italics, admins in bold and italics, users choose what their name's color is.

:\

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:15 pm

DieselPheonix wrote:users choose what their name's color is.
This.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:23 pm

That would involve modding of the forums, which I do not have the resources to do this far from home. (And it'd be silly)

Alecat

Post by Alecat » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:46 am

Sure you do, you're running a linux distro, right? Just do everything from the terminal~

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:30 pm

HPD, why are you suddenly monochrome?
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
RadioShadow wrote:Including having SEX? :o
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:11 am

Because I sent him to the 20s. Turns out he was the man who made the bookends for The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:58 am

onewaystreet wrote:HPD, why are you suddenly monochrome?
Umm, because I can?

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:15 am

Alecat wrote:Sure you do, you're running a linux distro, right? Just do everything from the terminal~
Ubuntu, specifically.

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:01 am

HPD wrote:
onewaystreet wrote:HPD, why are you suddenly monochrome?
Umm, because I can?
Okay
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:42 pm

onewaystreet wrote:
HPD wrote:
Umm, because I can?
Okay
I should have said "because I already performed an action this turn", obviously.

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:10 am

Hell of a missed opportunity.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:17 pm

Indeed.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:48 am

Xenesis wrote:That would involve modding of the forums, which I do not have the resources to do this far from home. (And it'd be silly)

And fun.
Whee, wwn goes rainbow hippie colourful!!!!!!!! :geflash:

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:39 am

Admins need to be pink.

And I demand pictures of Xen atop Mount Everest wearing a panda costume.

And a tutu.
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett