Shiny new site!

Forum news. If you are a new member, please read the Forum Rules.
Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: Shiny new site!

Post by Dragon Fogel » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:02 am

I'm almost certain it's the rounding error because I'm ridiculously paranoid about those gauges. The only way I might have missed one is if they all fell short by the same amount. Maybe if a 99-point gauge looks close enough to a 100-point gauge to overlook, but even then there can't be that many maps where a 99 is plausible.
Dragon Fogel,
Marquis Elmdor's Arch-Nemesis

Don't call me "Dragon".

WWN's War Room High Scores: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt
AW1 version: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:53 am

I'll accept that then.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:50 am

Xenesis wrote:I think I need to do updates that don't require me to rip dozens of images from DS ROMs
Have you tried Google Images? I know there is a full sprite sheet for all units on AW2, 3, and 4, and I seem to remember seeing a sprite sheet for at least some full-body characters of AW4.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:55 am

hawkesnightmare wrote:
Xenesis wrote:I think I need to do updates that don't require me to rip dozens of images from DS ROMs
Have you tried Google Images? I know there is a full sprite sheet for all units on AW2, 3, and 4, and I seem to remember seeing a sprite sheet for at least some full-body characters of AW4.
Yeah, but if I was going to use images, I'd rather rip them myself - otherwise you need to source it (and deal with dubious paletting and png/gif/whatever artifacts)
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:37 pm

sourcing stuff

you mean you actually give credit where credit is due?

*jawdrop*
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:58 pm

blah blah blah the old site was better blah blah blah new things are terrible blah blah blah everything is so ugly blah blah blah Majora's Mask 3DS when?
BUY GOLD

Narts

Post by Narts » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:46 am

ummm

png doesn't have artifacts. It's a non-lossy format.

gif doesn't usually either for images of less than 256 colours (all sprites in AW)

also

>giving credit for stealing images

daisy

Post by daisy » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:26 am

Xenesis wrote:And approximately 8 years too late, we now have pages for the AW4 COs. :P
DoR only came out 2 years ago. I don't care what anyone says. It's just wrong for that game to be almost 10.

Also, screw you all. I've got that itch again and my DS is in a box somewhere in Reading. I forgot this is actually a fansite.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:19 am

I hate the fact that the game has different English translations. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like the names Stolos and Sigismundo but the lack of consistency is annoying and when I check online I still don't have a clue who the hell anyone is.
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:23 am

Shift Breaker wrote:I hate the fact that the game has different English translations. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like the names Stolos and Sigismundo but the lack of consistency is annoying and when I check online I still don't have a clue who the hell anyone is.
One of the nice things is that it should be pretty easily possible to put up 'alternate' versions of pages, so we can actually keep the translation in mind. Need to figure out a clean way of doing it, though.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:01 am

Shift Breaker wrote:I hate the fact that the game has different English translations. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like the names Stolos and Sigismundo but the lack of consistency is annoying and when I check online I still don't have a clue who the hell anyone is.
Who the hell are Stolos and Sigismundo?
EDIT: Google told me.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:45 am

hawkesnightmare wrote:
Who the hell are Stolos and Sigismundo?
EDIT: Google told me.
You see?

It seems entirely detrimental to any sort of discussion online. Or anything to do with the internet. Which I guess was to be expected of Nintendo at any time before the year 2014.
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:44 pm

Honestly, the unit names are the worst.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:39 pm

Ugh, yeah. Whoever decided to rename the fighter to an interceptor and the duster to the fighter deserves to be shot. Or at least get a talking to. Hopefully the game will get a release on the Wii U or 3DS with just the one translation and we can all move on from this.

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:35 pm

Hey look, it's an overview for AW1 War Room.

Let me know if there's anything else I should say in there.
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

WWN's War Room High Scores: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:46 pm

Welp, got the AWDS units ripped. Now to transparentise them and uh, write the AWDS units guide.

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:33 pm

I noticed for DoR Campaign guides, C1 has the tag “ALAKTORN” as I was the maker of the strategy, but all other entries have no author-of-strategy tag.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:36 pm

Ah, yeah. We need to go through and do that in general. Fogel didn't tag the entries he brought across as he basically did them in bulk, while C1 was a test post.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:43 pm

All this work on the site warms my heart. It really does. I mean, even if we are a fansite for a game past it's prime, there are still people who stumble onto these old gems and when they do they'll see our site all nice and updated and will know that the AW community is still alive!

Is there anything you need unskilled labor to do? I can't say I have any AW feats and my web design skills are literally nonexistent but if you guys need something that doesn't require expertise (such as, say, updating tags!), I'm available. >_>
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

daisy

Post by daisy » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:17 am

....until they go into the forum and realise that it's basically a social forum with AW stuff tagged on.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:27 am

Pkdragon wrote:Is there anything you need unskilled labor to do? I can't say I have any AW feats and my web design skills are literally nonexistent but if you guys need something that doesn't require expertise (such as, say, updating tags!), I'm available. >_>
If you're willing, I'm currently working on filling out the informational parts of the site.

My current job is knocking up a table template for the AW3 units (see here) and then copying over all the data. Once the template's designed it's pretty much a job of copy + paste, then fill in the correct names and numbers?

There's lots of bitsy jobs like that really...if you're wanting to help though, just come poke me on the IRC or send me a PM and I'm sure I can get a few things your way.

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:08 am

Another thing we could use help with is scouring the forum for strategies that aren't up on the site.

Most will be in the War Room threads, but there may be other good stuff lying around. I have a thread for each game listing the maps we don't have guides for on the site, so you can just open that in another tab and go searching through the forum on a nostalgia trip. Said threads can also serve as useful places to post the links to whatever you find.
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:05 pm

So, I've Started adding the capacity for multi-lingual pages. Theoretically it will allow us to set up the two major localisations for AW4 and get very confused when there's two different entries for "Fighter" :P

I've also added a huge chunk of the AW3 units, (a handful to go, but it's 11 pm..) either way, check and tell me if I made any mistakes copying them across. Which it wouldn't surprise me if there were. That was a lot of stuff.

Finally, I updated the AW3 Skills Guide to look less janky. (And I threw away the silly Japanese version of it. Not going to bother unless it's actually in Japanese, completely)

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:52 am

Xenesis is da bomb
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:53 pm

There we go, all the AW3 units are done now. Can probably transfer a lot of that stuff across to the AW2 category with minimal changes. Gippy gave me the suggestion to include the defensive stats too, but that's going to take a lot longer to compile...and I want to get other stuff up first.

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:01 am

“Any equipped skill with add to the CO’s natural abilities”

*will

Keep up the good work.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:01 am

Fixed. :)

And I've got a template worked out for filling in the AW2 units, so that'll happen over the next few days.

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:37 pm

http://www.warsworldnews.com/wp/aw3/co-aw3/jake/ for SCOP:
“Indirect Ground Vehicles: 110/110, +2 Movement Range, +1 Maximum Firing Range”

But then the icons are in the Firing Range – Movement Range order. I think the order should stay consistent between the text and the icons. Is there a reason why it’s not?

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:53 am

ALAKTORN wrote:Is there a reason why it’s not?
Apathy about really minor things, I guess. Considering that's one of the two only instances in the entirety of AW where it comes up, I suppose I can fix it though.

kiwi

Post by kiwi » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:22 pm

this new layout looks empty and soulless but mostly because I'm used to the old one and too stubborn to let the past go!

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:27 pm

Yeah, but the old site was a butt to update.

Edit:

All the AW3 and AW1 COs now have unit tables! Hurrah for pretty tables of stats!

Edit 2: The AW2 COs now have their tables as well!