Moderator Changes/New Mod Nominations - Everyone Read this

Forum news. If you are a new member, please read the Forum Rules.
Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Moderator Changes/New Mod Nominations - Everyone Read this

Post by Xenesis » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:44 pm

Okay, a few things.

-Heropsychodreamer01 hasn't been active here for close to a month and a half, and I've only heard a word for him once in that period. Due to being completely inactive, I'm demoderating him until the time if and when he becomes active again.

-Crystal Guard has been demoderated for the same reason, although I know of his circumstances. When he's active again I shall remoderate him.

Which leaves the moderators at two. Myself and Mr. Linkman. As such, I need a new moderator or two.

So, what I will be doing is accepting a few nominations for who will become a new global moderator or two. I've got one or two people in mind, but remember a few things:

1) If I don't trust you implicitly, you won't get the status.
2) If you are a moderator, you need to be at least reasonably active.
3) It should be easy for me or the other moderating staff, as well as regular forum members to get in touch with you. This means that you've got to regularly check your PMs/Instant Messengers/Emails.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:06 pm

Serious moderation is something I've always wanted to do, if only to see just what it's like to do semi-administrative tasks.

Although, the temptation to go crazy with the spork is quite strong, so I'm not sure if I'm ready to apply.

Oh what the heck. *applies*

I'm certainly active enough.

donnytondesterkste

Post by donnytondesterkste » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:12 pm

I've been here long enough.

You...trust me...I think.

I'm very easy to contact, as I'm almost always signed into MSN. Too bad our time zones have a slight barrier.

I'm pretty active, if I need, I can be on for four to five hours every day.

I'm a mod on AWN...experience helps.

Anything else I need?
"I'd sig that, but no room. >_>" -Blame Game

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:13 pm

Yes. You need to stop Mr. Domino.

donnytondesterkste

Post by donnytondesterkste » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:18 pm

Done. I even gave snifit a hotdog while I was at it.

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:19 pm

You lie, for noone can stop Mr. Domino!

donnytondesterkste

Post by donnytondesterkste » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:20 pm

O RLY?

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:24 pm

Right now, this is a serious thread. <_<
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

donnytondesterkste

Post by donnytondesterkste » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:25 pm

Right....may I ask who are the few people in your mind?

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:26 pm

You can ask, but that doesn't mean that you'll get an answer. :P

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:00 pm

Well, I personally got a few people on my mind m'self, not that it makes any difference...

I say PM the people you want, the applying method is usually not recommendable.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:01 pm

Well, give me a yell.

The reason I'm putting applications up, because there might be a few good people that I wouldn't normally think of that it might bring my attention to.

It's more a guide for me of 'who's interested a bit'

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:08 pm

Oh, I think it's probably the same chaps. If I see ya, we can discuss it.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Yuganon

Post by Yuganon » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:00 am

Linkman 145 wrote:Well, I personally got a few people on my mind m'self, not that it makes any difference...

I say PM the people you want, the applying method is usually not recommendable.
Like me? :wink: Anyways, I want the job... I'll be committed... Even though I'm being a little owned by homework...
teabag a piranha tank, heart barely beatin'

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:54 am

Do you really need a mod?

Seriously, I don't think anyone really went and made you and linkman work too much during CG and HPD's absence. Unless there's a lot I missed about being a mod.

Meh, I think pretty much anyone who is responsible will do it if you propose it. If thefalman comes around here however, I'd trust him to be a good mod. He's on quite a bit, he goes on most boards and he's apathetic. There are others too.

Mods who don't do anything are good. :D

I second Linkman's advice.

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:17 am

Well, I could probably do a reasonable job due to my current 'bored uni student' status. Cheers for the backup Kir. :D
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.
You look awesome. - Shift Breaker

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

altf4FTW
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by altf4FTW » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:30 am

Seriously, how much moderation does actually need to be done here? I mean, WWN is quite active, but very few topics or posts actually require moderation. WWN is a peaceful place, not a place ready to blow up in a flame war...
Dark Conscience is my God. Unfortunately for her, I've converted to Atheism.
"Condoms aren't 100% safe. My friend wore one the other day, and he got hit by a bus." -- Shifty
"The" -- Terragent on many occasions.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:18 am

Well, I'm mainly thinking of naming another single moderator, mainly because as you said, WWN is mostly not needing in moderation.

It's more an issue of presence. Linky isn't here absolutely loads, and while I live here when I am here, sometimes I just disappear for a few days because stuff happens and life sneaks up on me.

You know, it's like having someone in the front store of a shop even though it's not always needed. Just someone to mind the place is good (And lowers my stress <_< )

Liam

Post by Liam » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:22 am

I'm here nearly all the time. It's just the fact that I've only really been active in the last 2 months might make me be seen as someone who is below the main group of people. I do however think that Falman should get the job since he is a well respected member of WWN and would never abuse his powers...
Your political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -5.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.21

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:24 am

Xenesis wrote:Well, I'm mainly thinking of naming another single moderator, mainly because as you said, WWN is mostly not needing in moderation.

It's more an issue of presence. Linky isn't here absolutely loads, and while I live here when I am here, sometimes I just disappear for a few days because stuff happens and life sneaks up on me.

You know, it's like having someone in the front store of a shop even though it's not always needed. Just someone to mind the place is good (And lowers my stress <_< )
I seriously am! >_>...

Post by Newbie » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:30 am

<_________<

Well we know activity isn't a problem!
Credit to Sasquatch.
"Well, out loud, I said, "What the ****!?"
However, when I translated it on the internet, it came out, "Oh, it's a game." Lost in translation, you know?" ~ Shadowdude

Frankdeslimste

Post by Frankdeslimste » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:51 am

I guess you expected it, but I'd like to be a candidate as well.
I bet the bastard is throwing a party with a huge poster of a 2HP B-copter ~ Linkman 145
I like Frankie, so nyeh. ~ Linkman 145
Dammit now I have a bunch of emails in my inbox saying 'Dirty Penguin Sex Notification' ~ Thefalman

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:43 am

The best was I found this through ASDF...

Pichu as global mod? *shudders slightly*

Seriously though, go for it. ^_^.

altf4FTW
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by altf4FTW » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:56 am

Well, I know you wouldn't trust me. I'd probably blow up the forums on accident if I was a moderator... It's somewhat amazing that I am a moderator of the AWN design forum, considering my insanity and likeness to kill people. :twisted: But anyways, I'd pretty much support anyone here, as I haven't really seen anyone do anything bad. Most I would say are rather nice people. Not that my opinion matters of course; I just like talking. :P
"Condoms aren't 100% safe. My friend wore one the other day, and he got hit by a bus." -- Shifty

Crystal Guard 292

Post by Crystal Guard 292 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:13 pm

Yeah, sorry. I've been thinking about taking a temporary leave from mod position for a little bit myself, but I agree that it's the right thing to do for now. You can't be relying on mods that aren't here. I'll let you know as soon as I start my third tri, I'd be glad to come back to full time duty after that, but right now I'm just too busy.

And after May 10th, I'm going to be made of free time, I'll be happy, and able to come to WWN as much as I used to. I can't wait until then.

-CG292
"It's game storage...THAT'LL TOTALLY PUNCH YOUR BALLS OFF! EXTREEEEEME!" -Airrider
"Well, he lives in Aussie land, where up is down and hamburgers eat people." -Familyguyman
"I'll get to it tomorrow." -Heropsychodreamer01

Post by Newbie » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:20 pm

considering my insanity

ERROR.
Credit to Sasquatch.
"Well, out loud, I said, "What the ****!?"
However, when I translated it on the internet, it came out, "Oh, it's a game." Lost in translation, you know?" ~ Shadowdude

ThrawnFett

Post by ThrawnFett » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:12 pm

Well, except for the fact that he's in the same timezone as you, I'd nominate Terr. You trust him (I'd asume) and he has a fair mind. The only problem I can see with that (other than the timezone) is that he'll be tempted to edit many posts and correct grammar (and I don't blame him for it)...

I'll second TFM as well, as long as I'm posting...
Wow. We went from a cynical look at history repeating itself and Pichu swearing to Veggie Tales. Thrawn is definitely online. ~Pichu
You know, I have this feeling that one day your sig will be nothing but an archive of witticisms I've made over the years. ~Pichu
"Frankly, I wish that everybody was a little more like you. We'd certainly see less asinine behaviour all over the world." -Terragent

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:20 pm

You know Thrawn, you'd probably make a fantastic mod. Nice balance of serious and silly, you have. Only problem is you've become somewhat inactive.

altf4FTW
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by altf4FTW » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:45 pm

Newbie wrote:considering my insanity

ERROR.
Not according to the psychiatrists...

ThrawnFett

Post by ThrawnFett » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:50 pm

Yeah, I blame school and laziness. But I've been trying to come back more...

Another person I just thought of is Tronne. He's become a huge part of WWN and is very active. I think he deserves consideration.
Wow. We went from a cynical look at history repeating itself and Pichu swearing to Veggie Tales. Thrawn is definitely online. ~Pichu
You know, I have this feeling that one day your sig will be nothing but an archive of witticisms I've made over the years. ~Pichu
"Frankly, I wish that everybody was a little more like you. We'd certainly see less asinine behaviour all over the world." -Terragent

altf4FTW
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by altf4FTW » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:57 pm

About every member of this forum has been suggested...

ThrawnFett

Post by ThrawnFett » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:02 pm

pressaltf4 wrote:About every member of this forum has been suggested...
We have 261 registered users
Funny, I only see 9 nominations here...

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:11 pm

I'd like to be considered, but I'd prefer to stick to a couple of boards. Count me in as a "bored college student."
What can change the nature of a man?

altf4FTW
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by altf4FTW » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:38 pm

ThrawnFett wrote:
pressaltf4 wrote:About every member of this forum has been suggested...
We have 261 registered users
Funny, I only see 9 nominations here...
DO NOT DEFY MY LOGIC!

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:12 pm

LOL. And how many were self-nominations?

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:35 am

Was it necessary to de-mod me? I don't see the reason. Okay, I'm currently a bit non-active, but still..

Just if you want to know, I currently need some time for myself and my study. I'll probably return in February.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

legoman727

Post by legoman727 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:27 pm

Edit: Whoops, didn't see that you had chosen.
Avatar by Kosheh and OoW. Sig by Sasquatch.

Pichu: So, I was like "DIE YOU EVIL ZOMBIE"
Terragent: Please Pichu, stop telling me about your lovelife and just let me work.
Pichu: Hey! I was talking about video games!
Terragent: The way you love those things, my statement still holds true. - PKdragon

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:48 am

I nominate Newbie.

I would nominate myself but I won't because of several reasons:

1. I don't think Xen trusts me.

2. I was/am on a waring from a few months back, and I'm not sure if this warning still stands? Xen! Enlighten me!
Last edited by Bog on Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Liam

Post by Liam » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:50 am

What are you doing Bog-Bog?
Your political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -5.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.21

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:57 am

I was wondering that myself.