Those who have a CCO in the Hall of Fame...

Forum news. If you are a new member, please read the Forum Rules.
HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Postby HPD » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:19 am

*From now on ignores every post made by Sven.*
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

CO_Frosty

Postby CO_Frosty » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:26 am

DTaeKim wrote:1) We only have four total commentators right now. Tronn is missing in action at the moment, which leaves myself, Nobody, and Treedweller. Go bug the other two, since I've commented on those CCOs. If we can get some more members active in the forums, I wouldn't mind adding more commentators.

I was gonna point out othat the ammount of commentators is way too small to be effective, but thanks for doing that for me. There are some active members with some balance knowledge, like Blame Game, for example >_>.

2) The quotes you used there are from two different conversations. "The theme is a minor point" was referring to Cena, while the second quote was from the conversation about CCO Edge. I'm not sure what point you were trying to make using two different conversations as if they were in the same conversation, but I'll address the second dialogue in particular.

If you looked at the conversation about CCO Edge, we do go in-depth about his D2D. Basically, none of us could find any serious flaws with the D2D. It may have not been perfect, but we didn't believe there was a serious flaw with the D2D that would prevent it from entering the HoF.

Situational? Good on ground, bad everywhere else, as known as Jess disease? promotes artillery spam? plays similar, maybe too similar with some COs? All is in the convo, maybe thats just me and my annoying nazi way of life, but there are flaws >_>;;.

Again, the odds is that I am being way too nazi, and my personal bias against Edge is acting again, but I can't stop to think that...I don't know, it could have been better <_<;

Sven

Postby Sven » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:30 am

HPD wrote:*From now on ignores every post made by Sven.*

Your ignorance, your loss. It would be foolish to ignore someone just because you disagree with them. To read and ignore, sure, but to plain old ignore is just being foolish.

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Postby DTaeKim » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:44 am

Well, it's the same as declaring the WWN CO Rating System dead.

A bold statement like that demands elaboration.

I know you're a lot more eloquent than that Sven.
What can change the nature of a man?

CO_Frosty

Postby CO_Frosty » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:45 am

Its your natural charm :P .

I agree that CW gives everything the current system at its current form can give >_>. But I disagree with the "WWN system has no hope" comment. If we manage to hire more commentators or if the current ones get way more active, things might get better.

Sven

Postby Sven » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:48 am

What do I get from the WWN rating system that I cannot get from an MSN network of contacts or the CW boards?

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Postby DTaeKim » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:56 am

A CCO that doesn't get nayed to hell and back. Hell, I don't know. I've washed myself of CW entirely Sven. You tell me.

Frankdeslimste

Postby Frankdeslimste » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:05 am

Well, I think it's good to have the creative section count for less (on CW). Since all those long bios can't be found in-game. What do we actually know about Drake? And what do we know about Kanbei, except for the fact that he lost a sock? See, it's not important for CW since there it's all about getting CO's in the game.
I bet the bastard is throwing a party with a huge poster of a 2HP B-copter ~ Linkman 145
I like Frankie, so nyeh. ~ Linkman 145
Dammit now I have a bunch of emails in my inbox saying 'Dirty Penguin Sex Notification' ~ Thefalman

Sven

Postby Sven » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:12 am

DTaeKim wrote:A CCO that doesn't get nayed to hell and back. Hell, I don't know. I've washed myself of CW entirely Sven. You tell me.

I believe you've recently washed yourself of it rather recently. You have a general idea of what goes on.

So tell me, what can I get from WWN specifically? Sell me the site.

CO_Frosty

Postby CO_Frosty » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:13 am

Sven wrote:What do I get from the WWN rating system that I cannot get from an MSN network of contacts or the CW boards?

Why don't you do this: work on a CCO and try to put it in CW. I am sure you will see the difference. If you don't want to, I will try to sum up:

Step 1: Posting it and getting comments:

The rule says that your CO only gets commented if either the creator is a vet, if the CCO is old or if it sucks so much anyone can step in and say the obvious. The exception occurs when your CCO interests the people, but thats hard.

Step 2: Getting rates:

Either a test of patient or a test of free time. You can put it on all lists, but it will still take a month to get that rate on most cases, and the quicker ways require you making a rate or something else in the first place, meaning that you will need some knowledge, since the CCOs that trade rates are complicated most of the time

Step 3: Getting boothed:

You need to work your ass and your patience if you want to reach the booth. You need to get many rates to tell you the problems and you will have to continue tweaking until you hit a combination good enough, and that takes time.

Step 4: Booth:

You know tat step pretty well, I think. The Nay sayers and the nay-sayer disease (people naying for no apparent reason) only makes a CCO get in worthy if it is damn good, damn original and/or damn popular, and that combination is insanely hard to achieve.

Step 5: And now?:

The whole process repeats itself again again and again until you can't handle anymore or until you get the perfect combination. This can be insanely mind-tiring, but you don't know that, or ever will.

Long Story Short: On most cases you will lose your sanity, your patience and your time if you wanna work your CCO on Custom "omg you can't beat that" Wars, with a big emphasis on time. I have some experience with this, I am still trying after 3 CCOs failing, 2 booths from one and 1 booth from the other, and no consistent thing yet, so I am 100% sure of every single piece of what I am saying.

On WWN, right now, you will lose only time and patience, since there isn't much pressure on getting into a game etc etc etc, and thats easy to fix, since we don't have to handle the countless CCOs CW has and we have a "professional" group of people just for that.

Treedweller

Postby Treedweller » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:24 am

To be honest, I find that too many terrible COs get boothed and yayed through on the grounds of friendship and/or following one respected user's opinion. I think the process is rather lax; certainly, it's hard to get rates and comments, but once you have those, it's by far a less demanding system than WWN's.

I mean, look how easy it was for Alex to get in; I hardly had to even do anything, and he got through with almost no problems while I left him on autopilot.

CO_Frosty

Postby CO_Frosty » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:32 am

It IS lax if you get that support and tough if you don't.

I agree that Alex got in rather easily, but remember that he already was voted in on BHHQ CW and a lot of WWNers know Alex...and a big number of them were at CW that time.

Treedweller

Postby Treedweller » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:36 am

Well, just look at it as a plus of working on your CCO on WWN then. If you do, a fair amount of WWNers will know the CCO and all the effort you put into refining it, thus making it easier to get into CW.

Sven

Postby Sven » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:43 am

Hey Frosty, let's have some fun.

I'll make a proxy and a new account on CW, keep it in secret, and try and get a CO into CW. I'll let you know how that goes.

CO_Frosty

Postby CO_Frosty » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:49 am

Hey Frosty, let's have some fun.

You got me incredibly scared O.o

Sounds good enough, I want to know if that is somewhat what should happen or if it just happens to me XD.

Crystal Guard 292

Postby Crystal Guard 292 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:50 pm

I'd like to be more active, but this week has been rather hellish on my free time. If you want to know, I'm on MSN from time to time.
"It's game storage...THAT'LL TOTALLY PUNCH YOUR BALLS OFF! EXTREEEEEME!" -Airrider
"Well, he lives in Aussie land, where up is down and hamburgers eat people." -Familyguyman
"I'll get to it tomorrow." -Heropsychodreamer01

Tronn_Bonne

Postby Tronn_Bonne » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:47 am

Getting back on topic…

Every HoF CCO creator needs to make the changes we suggested sooner rather than later. The list Treed posted was only a skeletal list meant for HPD but I see that DTK posted most of our conversations later in the topic. If you want a more in-depth explanation in addition to suggestions then catch one of us on MSN or PM us.
"I wish my PS1 wasn't dead. Talking to you makes me wanna go play Megaman Legends again." - JuggerV2
“Tronn wins an internet. Or all the Koal quotes that ever existed.. You decide.” - Guesty

Lego

Postby Lego » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:24 am

So.. Treed.. What right did you have posting any of this in the first place, when you shouldn't have even had access to this?

Terragent

Postby Terragent » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:49 am

Where the hell did that come from, Lego?

Aaaanyway, this reminds me of my reasons for quitting the CCO game way back when. Not only is it far too demanding of the rater's time (as DTaeKim pointed out), it seems to attract all of the morons in the community to it like a giant magnet. Having to wade through page after page of incredibly bad CCOs is not something I looked forward to, and having to repeat the same old 'your CO sucks, and if it isn't blindingly obvious to you that they suck then frankly you've got no idea' time after time got very wearing.

I'm glad I left when I did, to be honest.

Tronn, I'll try to fix up Ray, but I'm honestly at a loss for a new SCOP. :'(

Treedweller

Postby Treedweller » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:26 pm

Lego wrote:So.. Treed.. What right did you have posting any of this in the first place, when you shouldn't have even had access to this?

I'd also like to know where the hell this came from. I have every right to access this information, because I have access to the rater's board where they originally posted this in. I agree, I should've elected to PM the creators about their CCO's issues individually, but what's done is done, I apologized, and if you want to continue to bitch about it, then you're just wasting your time.

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Postby DTaeKim » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:29 pm

Lego wrote:So.. Treed.. What right did you have posting any of this in the first place, when you shouldn't have even had access to this?

We gave him modship. He has access to the RD. It was a misunderstanding and it's over, so let's drop the issue.

NovaCid9

Postby NovaCid9 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:30 pm

I'll try to get to Cena, but I really don't have a lot of free time at the moment. Real life, y'know?

ThrawnFett

Postby ThrawnFett » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:59 am

<_<

>_>

Go ahead and kill Ghost. I'm surprised that you liked his creative well enough to not require major edits...

Ghost now lives as Eric. I've been thinking about reverting him to AW2 anyway, so I might as well go ahead and do that soon...

Tempest will be a bit easier to fix. I'll get on that soon...
Wow. We went from a cynical look at history repeating itself and Pichu swearing to Veggie Tales. Thrawn is definitely online. ~Pichu
You know, I have this feeling that one day your sig will be nothing but an archive of witticisms I've made over the years. ~Pichu
"Frankly, I wish that everybody was a little more like you. We'd certainly see less asinine behaviour all over the world." -Terragent

Liam

Postby Liam » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:04 am

Treedweller wrote:To be honest, I find that too many terrible COs get boothed and yayed through on the grounds of friendship and/or following one respected user's opinion.

Treed, I thank you for at least realising what I hate about CW and the Elitist Cult, lol
Your political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -5.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.21

Treedweller

Postby Treedweller » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:06 am

I'm just clever like that, Liam. Hee hee...

Crystal Guard 292

Postby Crystal Guard 292 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:55 pm

*wonders where he'll find the time to fix up Dawson*

"It's game storage...THAT'LL TOTALLY PUNCH YOUR BALLS OFF! EXTREEEEEME!" -Airrider

"Well, he lives in Aussie land, where up is down and hamburgers eat people." -Familyguyman

"I'll get to it tomorrow." -Heropsychodreamer01

Tronn_Bonne

Postby Tronn_Bonne » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:46 pm

@Terr
If you need suggestions for a new SCOP for Ray then please post any ideas you are might have in the CCO Rating Center. You can also PM myself, DTK, and/or Nobody if you want to discuss in detail the things we disliked about the current SCOP and what direction we felt would be best for a new SCOP.

@NovaCid
Yeah, I know what you mean. Just try to do what you can when you do get a few minutes here and there.

@Thrawnfett
Sounds good.

@CG
<.<;
"I wish my PS1 wasn't dead. Talking to you makes me wanna go play Megaman Legends again." - JuggerV2
“Tronn wins an internet. Or all the Koal quotes that ever existed.. You decide.” - Guesty

Postby Newbie » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:42 pm

So, is there anything about the idea that Newbie's boost should be fundamentally altered from a counterattack-begone boost to one with counterattacks? >_>

Really, to be perfectly honest I feel as if I have already overstayed my welcome in the AW CCO community the instant I posted it on Red Crystal.
Credit to Sasquatch.
"Well, out loud, I said, "What the ****!?"
However, when I translated it on the internet, it came out, "Oh, it's a game." Lost in translation, you know?" ~ Shadowdude

Return to “Forum Announcements”