Can Grimm be hacked into AW2? Should he.

Discussion of hacking, editing and developments in Advance Wars games.
Remember, no Rom Requests
ubergeneral

Can Grimm be hacked into AW2? Should he.

Post by ubergeneral » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:00 am

Well Grimm seems pritty bland in terms of skills. He's just a simple matter of a lose of defence for a boost of offence. He seems hackible but the question is will anyone do it? Or better yet to have him included with Xensis's game hack that will have tons of new co's.

Discuss.
rifton wrote:I think the TC deserves a medal for taking something with the most win ever, and making it fail horribly. :\

I'm still a LUEser (at heart) and proud of it

Oracle of Wuffing

Re: Can Grimm be hacked into AW2? Should he.

Post by Oracle of Wuffing » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:25 am

ubergeneral wrote:He seems hackible but the question is will anyone search the old message board for the old hack Xenesis did where he replaced Sonja with Grimm, but back then everybody thought that Grimm's name was Javier?
And the answer is yes, indeed, someone will do so!

This link is the topic, and this is the direct download to the patch.
CumulusCentral : It's dot-com!
"He's gonna win..." The Ever-Loving Linkman, talking about my Character Battle Predictions.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:51 am

FINALLY! I asked about this a while ago, and got no answer. Thanks Wuffles.

EDIT: Ummm......Okay. WTF? 4 Stars for everyone, and they all have -1/2 movement. Sonja's COP names have been changed, but everyone's lost at least 2 Stars on their Power Bar.
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

Oracle of Wuffing

Post by Oracle of Wuffing » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:13 am

If you check the topic, Xenesis said he readjusted the power meters so as to estimate the difference between the AW2 and AWDS charge system. Though, I can't explain the movement problem.

However, fixing the bars back to their normal length is quite easy. Just send Xenesis a hundred private messages asking him quite nicely to do so.
"He's gonna win..." The Ever-Loving Linkman, talking about my Character Battle Predictions.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:20 am

I must've missed that bit when reading through Xen's post. Also, EVERYONE has 100/100 stats. I think that patch needs Updating. You can stick AW:DS sprites in the game(I think), so it should be fixed. But it's not that important. I just want it until I get AW:DS for christmas.
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

Oracle of Wuffing

Post by Oracle of Wuffing » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:27 am

Egh... Unless Xenesis says otherwise, I'll try making a new patch from scratch later today. I won't bother putting new sprites in yet (Hehehe... Grimm with Sonja's music, crazy peoples).

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:29 am

Hold on....really? Seriosly? Kudos. Freakin Awesome Kudos. Thanks etc...

Also, Grimm w/ nice calm relaxed music....That WOULD be cool/weird.

RadioShadow

Post by RadioShadow » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:54 am

I had a go at trying to replace Kanbie with Grimm. Got the Stats put it. Some of the biography in but I later screwed up the game. Dam. Anyway I will try and have a another go at putting Grimm in the game later on.

Also how do you edit the name graphics. I can't find them in unzl.gba

ubergeneral

Post by ubergeneral » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:52 am

Well the reason I asked was because I thought it would be cool if Grimm was hacked into the game with all those CCO's that people are making that are suppositly also being hacked.
rifton wrote:I think the TC deserves a medal for taking something with the most win ever, and making it fail horribly. :\

I'm still a LUEser (at heart) and proud of it