What are YOU working on?

Discussion of hacking, editing and developments in Advance Wars games.
Remember, no Rom Requests
Lambda

Re: What are YOU working on?

Post by Lambda » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:27 am

Are you trying to turn AW2 into Command&Conquer or what?
That's exactly what I had in mind when I did that. :)

Mark999

Post by Mark999 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:18 pm

Welp, I'm sure I'll be overshadowed by everyone else, but here's one image that sums up one of my side projects.

It's a custom campaign. Probably the first of its kind in a ROM hack, too, come to think of it.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:46 am

Xen, get Zed in your hack :P
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:37 am

HPD wrote:Xen, get Zed in your hack :P
Get me some graphics and its a deal :P
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:49 am

There was actually a CW sprite made for him. Forgot who made it though.

Also one thing that I don't agree with come 2014 is the name I picked for him. I think "Tim" would be much more relevant to the CO <_<;

So yeah if you want to rename him I'd be happy with that :P
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Heroic Spyro

Post by Heroic Spyro » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:00 am

Mark999 wrote:Welp, I'm sure I'll be overshadowed by everyone else, but here's one image that sums up one of my side projects.

It's a custom campaign. Probably the first of its kind in a ROM hack, too, come to think of it.
I have seen a battleship in a lake and a cruiser on a river or they are called frigates in battalion wars 2 which apart of a series that was going to be part of the advance wars series but got name changed the Japanese version still retains the name Famicom Wars although.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:11 am

No screenshots, but I managed to code some new functions that make the game run a 'Day to Day' CO Power at the start of every player's turn if they want.

Wackiness ensues when I accidentally had Black Storm as one of the test powers. :o
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:18 am

Xenesis wrote: Black Storm as one of the test powers.
Do want.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:38 am

Wait so heal 1 per day damage 1 per day DTD power? Like Hawke wasn't broken enough he could now even beat Caulder!

Edit: Wait could you make DTD meteor drop? and using DTD Eagles SCOP wouldn't that give him endless amount of turns for non infantry.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:04 am

I take it that Lightning Strike would not work, as it's a begin-of-turn thing. A daily Meteor Strike or Black Storm, however... wow...

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:44 am

MysteriousLad wrote:Wait so heal 1 per day damage 1 per day DTD power? Like Hawke wasn't broken enough he could now even beat Caulder!
Couple that with property heals and SCOP, and you have a healing ability that rivals Andy's SCOP.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:45 pm

HPD wrote:I take it that Lightning Strike would not work, as it's a begin-of-turn thing. A daily Meteor Strike or Black Storm, however... wow...
I was going to make a video showing Meteors flipping out at the start of every turn, but it behaves really weirdly. It'll probably take some more work to figure out why. I'll probably have to find a better time to run the code, more or less.

The other ones work pretty well for the most part, but only the more basic ones. Black Wave has this weirdness where the background animation doesn't move...

In the mean time, enjoy:

[youtube]C8z2qfDTWuQ[/youtube]

Marmalad

Post by Marmalad » Fri May 23, 2014 9:12 pm

For my part, I'm working on a new version of AW2, called for the moment "Advance Wars 2 - Black Hole Rising (X)".
Just because "(X)" is supposed to make the title name cooler. Haem.

I've removed all COs of the game, and I've replaced them by new characters. With an another background, quotes, and of course gameplay ! :D (and yes, it's waaaaaaay more balanced than the COs I've made in my AW2CCO's topic)

Nowadays, the game is playable, but I want to change the campaign (and also the storyline, but it's... not really easy and mainly useless). It will take a long time but I'm on my way. (I have some ideas) :wink:

However, it's really difficult for me to put new sprites on the game. :ph43r:

I tried to understand how to do it correctly in that topic: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12610&p=371870&hil ... af#p371870

But when I try to change a Top body, the Low body become weird. I thinked it was just a bug due to color palette, and so, it will erased when I would change the Low body too, but it still not work properly, and all the character's sprite crash (and often, the game).

Maybe I have to ask that question on a more appropriate topic, but did anyone here could help me please ? :|

Taelith

Post by Taelith » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:20 am

Working on adding in units for the dummy slots. Unit Data updated. Map graphics and movement graphics all done. Unit info panel descriptions done. Just need to update info panel graphics.
Working on CO dependent unit stats page to go with CO dependent deployment list for the new units.
New Units 1.png
New Units 2.png
New Units 3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Taelith

Post by Taelith » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:20 am

Replaced Pipes with Rails from SFW. Replaced Neotank/Hv Tank with Railrunner. Railrunner can only move on rails, bridges, cities, bases, hq.
Railrunner 1.png
Railrunner 2.png
Railrunner 3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Taelith

Post by Taelith » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:53 am

Got tables setup for individualized COP charging. Each CO has their own attacking charge multiplier, defending charge multiplier, number of usage before max star cost, maximum star cost and initial star cost.

Taelith

Post by Taelith » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:35 am

New CO Skill: Loaded Units Attack
This allows APCs and T Copters to attack like the unit it is transporting. They take the damage as APCs and T Copters but can counterattack as the unit transporting.

Here is a mech loaded into an apc.
AW2_LoadedUnitsAttack_Mech.png
artilleries inside t copters follow indirect firing rules
AW2_LoadedUnitsAttack_Artillery.png
anti-airs inside t copters allow t copters to attack air units
AW2_LoadedUnitsAttack_AA.png

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:56 am

That is balls-to-the-wall crazy. :o

Nice work, though!

Satel

Post by Satel » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:34 pm

This is awesome. I NEED to know how I can make that! =D
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:16 pm

x0 teaching me how to do really, really basic stuff in python has had some positive effects.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:23 pm

It's not quite the same due to the lack of AWDS Units/Terrain, but it's pretty dang close.

DieselPheonix

Post by DieselPheonix » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:26 am

I am unsure as to what I am beholding. Python Wars? I seem to recall one of the many abortive fan games was going to use Python.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:19 am

No, it's just Advance Wars 2.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:09 pm

And

AW1 Map & Unit Script Conversion is down pretty well now.

x0_000

Post by x0_000 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:42 pm

WRH:Custom Edition is getting real

ImageImage
ImageImage
Only in math can you buy 600 cantaloupes and not look like a nutter.

Taelith

Post by Taelith » Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

Hybrid Attack Type, combining elements from direct and indirect units. All secondary weapons act as a direct combat weapon even if the primary weapon is a ranged one.

The cruiser acts as an indirect with 2~5 range when not moving.
HybridAttack1.png
After moving, the cruiser can only attack in direct combat with the secondary weapon.
HybridAttack2.png
Only the B Copter takes counterattack damage from the cruiser set up in this way.
HybridAttack3.png

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Sun May 31, 2015 8:16 pm

Ooh, that's very cool.

How'd you do it behind the scenes?

Taelith

Post by Taelith » Sun May 31, 2015 9:54 pm

damage formula - when checking range = 1 checks direct attack type or has a secondary weapon (new info in unit data)

fire menu - saves if unit moved and has a secondary weapon to the stack

range gatherer for fire/fire(x) menu - checks if unit moved w/ 2nd weapon from stack and sets max and min range = 1

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:03 pm

Some AW2 Shenanigans for Infinite COs:

All dynamic! :D

Mark999

Post by Mark999 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:14 pm

Dude are you porting AWDS to GBA or something? Because that's AWESOME!

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:30 am

Not intentionally, but I seem to have gotten fixated on some of the fun features. :P

Who knows, it might happen.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:39 pm

Image Image Image Image

Take that, AW2 GUI!

ThunderWalker

Post by ThunderWalker » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:54 pm

Nice. Did you code most if not all features (related to standard battles) from AWDS and AWDoR into AW2 now?
My sig is a void.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:13 pm

Not even close TBH. Some will also never happen (e.g. Dual Map battles).

Some however are fairly simple:

Mark999

Post by Mark999 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:32 pm

Oh my word. Complete with AI switching and individual power meter tracking?

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:55 pm

Mark999 wrote:Oh my word. Complete with AI switching and individual power meter tracking?
AI Switching, not yet (won't be too hard), but individual power meter tracking? Yup. Although presently only the front CO's bar fills and the reserve doesn't fill at all. Not hard to change, it just needs to be added in. I'm actually working on giving it a real animation first.

Satel

Post by Satel » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:45 pm

That sounds pretty amazing.

I can already see the Tag Breaks (even though I don't like them that much) being a thing.

And now I get reminded of an idea I had about Combination Powers... but that'd be more complicated.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:03 pm

Yeah, Tag Powers are dumb but the CO Swap system is fun enough.

I might do it eventually, but no real rush to.

Taelith

Post by Taelith » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:22 am

Cool stuff. I like how you set up the graphics for the skills. I did something similar to the co swap. I gave jugger 5 modes that he can switch to. Each mode has different stats and cop to use.

Taelith

Post by Taelith » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:44 am

Added more army colors for a total of 8. Army color is set in co data and map header data. Amry colors are used in war room and campaign maps. Just a couple more palettes to change.
WhiteArmy.png
PurpleArmy.png
TealArmy.png
Last edited by Taelith on Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.