wtf?

Discussion of hacking, editing and developments in Advance Wars games.
Remember, no Rom Requests
Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

wtf?

Post by Bog » Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:15 am

Errr....how are you hacking this game? There's no way yet to even get a AWDS rom (Unless you work for Nintendo or something.), let alone hack it. Can someone please explain how you're doing it!

mayojjin

Post by mayojjin » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:06 am

People on AWN have had the rom for a while now.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:14 am

I gathered that much, idiot. I want to know HOW they got thier mits on it. You can't just plug in the game card into a PC like you can with a GBA cart and flash linker. Those aren't out for DS yet.

Yuganon

Post by Yuganon » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:26 am

bog-bog wrote:I gathered that much, idiot. I want to know HOW they got thier mits on it. You can't just plug in the game card into a PC like you can with a GBA cart and flash linker. Those aren't out for DS yet.
Nice blatant flame there. >_>
teabag a piranha tank, heart barely beatin'

Belgdor

Post by Belgdor » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:33 am

1.Hex editing does not require an emulator, although 'tis harder than hell without it.
2.Nice blatant flame there, Bogman #2
You're an escaped prisoner, this ship is about to explode, and I have the ONLY way off of this ship. I'm offering to take you with me. And you're arguing.

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:41 am

Insults are not only unnecessary they make the other party less encline to answer. You should apologize.

On a side note, I wasn't aware that AWN as an entity had the rom... It's not as if they had released it, unless I'm mistaken.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:34 am

Someone (I forget who) shotgunned everybody with a PM containing a copy of the European ROM. I don't know how they got the Japanese (and possibly US) ROMs, but they do.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Re: wtf?

Post by Xenesis » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:40 pm

bog-bog wrote:Errr....how are you hacking this game? There's no way yet to even get a AWDS rom (Unless you work for Nintendo or something.), let alone hack it. Can someone please explain how you're doing it!
Actually, people have been dumping DS Roms for quite a while. I know that there's at least 80 DS Roms dumped (AWDS Being 0080), and it's probably over 100 by now.

There's probably a few crazy homebrew developers who've just taken apart a DS and used some homemade software to read the contents of the DS Rom and dump it onto the computer.

The only real issue at the moment is that there's no DS emulator as of yet.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

mayojjin

Post by mayojjin » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:53 pm

yes there are, they just don't run anything yet except a few demos.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:19 pm

Well, you know what I mean.

No commercially capable emulators. For what I'm doing, that's all that counts. <_<;
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:51 pm

You could always make your own.

ViashinoWizard

Post by ViashinoWizard » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:57 pm

How do people get hacks into their games anyway?
Hans Stockmann wrote:Tecmo quite literally make their games for the most powerful system, so they can make higher resolution mammary glands.

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:04 pm

Why, through magic of course!

ViashinoWizard

Post by ViashinoWizard » Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:11 pm

I'm serious. I wanna know how to get Thrash into my game when he's been hacked.
Hans Stockmann wrote:Tecmo quite literally make their games for the most powerful system, so they can make higher resolution mammary glands.

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:12 pm

With ips files and the right compiler.

ViashinoWizard

Post by ViashinoWizard » Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:50 pm

Oh.

But how do you get the file from the computer into the actual cartridge?

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:52 pm

Through panicking.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:53 pm

ViashinoWizard wrote:Oh.

But how do you get the file from the computer into the actual cartridge?
You can't edit your own without extreme difficulty. You need something like a GBA Flash Card (for AW2) or an AWDS Flash Card (Which don't really exist that much yet).

They'll let you put ROMs off your computer onto a cartridge that the DS/GBA can read.

ViashinoWizard

Post by ViashinoWizard » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:08 pm

Ah seh...

Thanks.

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:10 pm

No thanking my fantastic response?

ViashinoWizard

Post by ViashinoWizard » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:12 pm

Allow me to respond to that in the following way:

BLACK STORM!!!

*sends Stockman to meet her maker... and maybe Sturm*

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:15 pm

That is the funniest thing you've said so far.

ViashinoWizard

Post by ViashinoWizard » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:20 pm

Thanks... I think.

Oracle of Wuffing

Re: wtf?

Post by Oracle of Wuffing » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:33 pm

Xenesis wrote:Actually, people have been dumping DS Roms for quite a while. I know that there's at least 80 DS Roms dumped (AWDS Being 0080), and it's probably over 100 by now.
*Checks*
Well, Mario Kart DS is #168 and Sonic Rush appears to be #176, so yeah, it's over 100.

As far as getting the ROM onto the computer? Dunno much, but Pocketheaven has a section on DS ROM-dumping applications in their wiki.
CumulusCentral : It's dot-com!
"He's gonna win..." The Ever-Loving Linkman, talking about my Character Battle Predictions.

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:35 pm

Don't you just love the Wiki?

ViashinoWizard

Post by ViashinoWizard » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:38 pm

postnotfound
Last edited by ViashinoWizard on Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:40 pm

Thing 1: There are 2 n's on the end of Stockmann

Thing 2: Read this topic

Thing 3: I am listening to Nightwish

Thing 4:
Crystal Guard 292 wrote:This isn't ASDF
Thing 5: You repeating the phrase BLACK STORM is about as funny as declaring that we should play Jedi Outcast multiplayer with guns on.

Thing 7: I still hate Thing 6's.

ViashinoWizard

Post by ViashinoWizard » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:42 pm

*removes computer from his own reach and goes to run around until sugar rushwearsoff*

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:48 pm

Kireato wrote:...
Insults are not only unnecessary they make the other party less encline to answer. You should apologize.

On a side note, I wasn't aware that AWN as an entity had the rom... It's not as if they had released it, unless I'm mistaken.
Ok, sorry, but he said something so obvious it wasn't even funny. I mean...like....DUH.

Frankdeslimste

Post by Frankdeslimste » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:15 am

ViashinoWizard wrote:Allow me to respond to that in the following way:

(some annoying dots)

BLACK STORM!!!

*sends Stockman to meet her maker... and maybe Sturm*
The thing bolded above is kinda dumb
I bet the bastard is throwing a party with a huge poster of a 2HP B-copter ~ Linkman 145
I like Frankie, so nyeh. ~ Linkman 145
Dammit now I have a bunch of emails in my inbox saying 'Dirty Penguin Sex Notification' ~ Thefalman

ViashinoWizard

Post by ViashinoWizard » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:40 am

What? She's not a girl?

Frankdeslimste

Post by Frankdeslimste » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:41 am

Hans doesn't sounds girly now does it?
I bet the bastard is throwing a party with a huge poster of a 2HP B-copter ~ Linkman 145
Dammit now I have a bunch of emails in my inbox saying 'Dirty Penguin Sex Notification' ~ Thefalman

ViashinoWizard

Post by ViashinoWizard » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:42 am

*disintigrates Frank's head*

Frankdeslimste

Post by Frankdeslimste » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:20 am

I think you mean 'disintegrate'

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:59 pm

Curses! My accidental prank has been foiled!

Yuganon

Post by Yuganon » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:07 pm

bog-bog wrote:
Kireato wrote:...

Ok, sorry, but he said something so obvious it wasn't even funny. I mean...like....DUH.
Saying things obvious isn't funny in the first place. And I didn't even know some people had the rom, or you can get it yet. I don't think your "idiot" was necessary.
teabag a piranha tank, heart barely beatin'

Belgdor

Post by Belgdor » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:25 pm

I have the JP and US ROMs, and CO_Sonic shotgunned the EU ROM around once he got his hands on it. <.<
You're an escaped prisoner, this ship is about to explode, and I have the ONLY way off of this ship. I'm offering to take you with me. And you're arguing.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:25 pm

Speaking of the EU rom, I reckon I know why I couldn't find anything worth beans in it...

DS Cartridges are encrypted by default. I reckon some fool decided not to decrypt it.