AW2 Extended (RC v1.7)

Discussion of hacking, editing and developments in Advance Wars games.
Remember, no Rom Requests
Taelith2

Re: AW2 Extended (Beta v1.8)

Post by Taelith2 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:25 am

Getting log in errors right now. But I forgot to apply some patches (several CO Powers won't work correctly). I'll post the updated patch once I can log in again.

Taelith

Re: AW2 Extended (Beta v1.8a)

Post by Taelith » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:04 am

Ok, finally able to log in. Posted updated patch with missing code added (Everyone's COP should be working now).
Changed a couple of minor things.
- New title screen text added.
- fixed campaign/hard campaign unlock and access
- adjusted anti-tank
- changed Nell's and Andy's stats a bit.

Taelith

Re: AW2 Extended (Beta v1.8b)

Post by Taelith » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:00 am

Updated to Beta v1.8b. (Patch over beta 1.8a)

Changes made to Nell's auto power mode.
Nell will retain COP charge after coming out of auto power mode instead of losing her charge. Nell will stay in Super mode for its duration (was downgrading to power mode from super). Nell will go from Super to Power mode if coming out of super mode someone still has an active COP.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:29 pm

3 Small bugs:
1. Pallets of yellow comet are off in the design map unit/building selection
2. Sometimes in CO selection all the pallets go off and change to black hole after viewing one of their co's, also haichi is in orange star in the CO custom colour change area list.
3. Haichi is bluring out random names of added units or nothing at all when entering shop, mabye you could get rid of the shop as I see you used its text and replaced it for your custom unit names.

Thats it, awsome work though and as stated only small graphic bugs.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

Taelith

Post by Taelith » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:47 am

Thanks MysteriousLad. Actually I know about those bugs but they haven't been a priority. Probably will get to them last.

Coming out in v1.9:
Increased CO Roster size to 24.
Added in Sasha, Javier, Grimm, Kindle and Jugger. All with working AI, stats, sprites, etc.
Sasha1.png
Sasha1.png (11.65 KiB) Viewed 667 times
Javier_Grimm.png
Javier_Grimm.png (25.68 KiB) Viewed 667 times
Kindle_Jugger.png
Kindle_Jugger.png (21.28 KiB) Viewed 667 times

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:08 am

Ok I question, how did you increase the amount of usable cos! Thats insane!

Wait, wait, wait.

Lambda

Post by Lambda » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:24 am

MysteriousLad wrote:Ok I question, how did you increase the amount of usable cos! Thats insane!
By expanding the tables and arrays inherent to COs, mainly CO headers, Unit boost tables, Graphic tables, AI tables and other minor things.

There is also some little tweaks to do if you want more than 24 cos because some spaces in memory are rather tight.

That's not really hard in the end, most of the work is doing something modulable in order to help you adding COs easily.

@Taelith : That's excellent, keep up the good work !

AzureTranquility

Post by AzureTranquility » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:21 am

What an interesting concept. Can't say I agree with all of the CO changes, though. Sonja seems way better, but Hawke's changes are odd to me. Also the stuff where your attack increases based on movement and attack ranges... I might give this a try in the future.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:34 pm

Oh and Haichi is insanley OP and as for sturms ability, no labs appear in war room maps :/

Wait, wait, wait.

Taelith

Post by Taelith » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:25 am

@AzureTranquility: The COs aren't probably balanced. The process was: this is a cool idea, write up some code, decide who it fits, then shuffle cos around to make room for new abilities while retaining old ones. Once I'm done, others can mess with the balance if they want.

@MysteriousLad: No I took those out, Sturm will be more like his aw2 self with grimm taking over for his high attack weak defense stats.

Coming out for the next version:

removing co dependent unit stat and build list and replacing it with map dependent unit stat and build list. This will allow you to have situations where you can only build land units + copters, or infantry + sea and air units. It also makes it possible to have predeployed units such as air/sea units that can heal at airports/ports w/o being able to build new units. As of now the ai doesn't follow this restriction.
[Edit: AI now roughly follows building restrictions]

Added two more move type. Replacing the anti-tank with the railrunner. Instead of changing pipes to rails as I originally planned, railrunners will only be able to move on roads, bridges and buildings and can only load unload on buildings.

Taelith

Post by Taelith » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:55 pm

Next update should be out soonish. Working on predeployed and map stuff for the new cos.

While working on getting the AI to follow map specific build list, found how to fix hachi's city deployment power.

Andy vs. Hachi on a predeployed map
AW2 - City Deployment 1.png
AW2 - City Deployment 1.png (9.57 KiB) Viewed 620 times
After Hachi used COP with city deployment.
AW2 - City Deployment 2.png
AW2 - City Deployment 2.png (10.04 KiB) Viewed 620 times
Also updated a preview of CO changes for the upcoming patch

Taelith

Re: AW2 Extended (Beta v1.9)

Post by Taelith » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:00 am

Updated to Beta v1.9. Changes noted in original post.

Kiltman2

Post by Kiltman2 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:06 am

I'm sorry, this must be a noob problem - but when I apply the patch on a clean ROM and run it, the screen is blank white and doesn't progress. I'm pretty sure I'm using a US AW2 ROM, but I imagine that could be the problem. Any other ideas what it might be / anything I can send you to help fix the problem?

Cheers!

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:15 am

From the FAQ topic:
Try applying this Cleanser Patch first and then apply the other IPS Patch. You should find the rom will work now. If that fails then I am afraid you have got a bad copy of the Advance Wars 2 rom. If that’s the case then just download the rom from another site.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Kiltman2

Post by Kiltman2 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:45 am

Looks like a bad ROM. Och well.

Kiltman2

Post by Kiltman2 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:57 am

Got it working! Cheers HPD :)

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:30 am

No problemo ;)
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Kiltman2

Post by Kiltman2 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:15 am

I just wanted to say how much I am enjoying the hack, the new maps and the redone COs. It's given the game an amazing new lease of life, and I'm enjoying it thoroughly! Thank you!

Taelith

Re: AW2 Extended (RC v1.0)

Post by Taelith » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:17 am

@Kiltman2: Thanks, new maps for you to try.

Updated to RC v1.0. Changes noted in original post. Changed status from Beta to RC.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:30 pm

Theres is a Glitch in one of the War Room maps;
On the map "Iron ..." (Forgot the name but I will edit the second part in later) you start with some infantry and 1 transport-copter next to the oponents base. If you select any one of the infantry your cursor permanentlry dissapears and a light lag also pops up. The only way to regain your cursor is to quit the map. The paller for the design map Yellow Comet CO is still incorrect and the pallets also mess up occasionally in the CO select screen.
Further then that, still great work! Gosh, some of those war-room maps are hard.

Wait, wait, wait.

Kiltman2

Post by Kiltman2 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:28 pm

I'm reporting a bug - on British Isles, when I attack a bike on a fort as Candy / Kindle in OS, the game crashes. I tried to attach a .sav file to this post, but the forums don't like that

EDIT on further testing, any attack on that day causes the game to crash. Am I able to PM / email you the save file?

ThunderWalker

Post by ThunderWalker » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:30 pm

For some reason, I get a black screen whenever I attempt to start a battle. I am assuming I am doing something wrong, but I have no clue what it could be.
My sig is a void.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:44 pm

Kiltman2 wrote:I tried to attach a .sav file to this post, but the forums don't like that
Darn. I'll go fix that ASAP.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Taelith

Post by Taelith » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:06 am

Thanks for the bug/glitch reports

@MysteriousLad: I haven't been able to see the infantry and transport-copter bug. The map Iron Knuckle shouldn't have a any predeployed units on it.
@Kiltman2: I can't seem to replicate the kindle crash. What day was causing the crashes.
@ThunderWalker: I'm not sure what could be causing it. Are you playing with animations off? I always play with animation off. Actually I didn't consider battle animations for any of my changes.

Did you guys all patch over a clean rom? Does anyone else run into these same bugs/glitches?

Kiltman2

Post by Kiltman2 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:45 am

Day 6 on British Isles, and yeah I ran the cleanser patch before patching. Additionally - I'm sure you know this, but when playing as Sonja & activating COP and SCOP, the AI doesn't seem to respond to it. It's not in the known bugs list, so I'm just making you aware :)

I particularly really like what you've done with Jugger, he plays unlike any other CO I've used and it's super strategic and awesome. Sonja also is really fun to play with, the +1R on forests is really fun tactically. Drake too is super fun, the COP is killer now and I love it. Olaf as a pure weather CO is also really interesting & his boosts are really good, I just don't know if he lacks a bit of bite. Flak is cracking, and his SCOP and COP have nice synergy & he lends himself to a pretty natural strategy - go for small tanks, use the COP when you need a quick boost, keep them alive and get a fleet of Md Tanks at the SCOP.

Javier is a really bizarre CO to play as, as soon as you're winning you're put at a disadvantage - but it's really very drastically changing the way I'm playing which is fun. I'm sure though he'll come in handy against some of the more tricky War Rooms, eh?

The maps as well are really varied and fun.

Have I mentioned how much I like this? I'm liking this a lot. I guess my only suggestion would be to make the cruisers a bit like the ones in AWDS /AWDoR, able to inflict some damage on other ships than the sub and possibly on land units too? Just makes it offensively more viable, rather than a pure counter.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:59 am

I patched over an old patch, so that could explain the glitchy predeployed data. Ignore my bug report I redid it on a clean ROM without and the bugs gone.
Also I completely broke the laws you placed in the Spann Island map. Flak's units still upgrade so all you need to do is rampage nell with mainly tanks, save up for SCOP and use it and the you have alot of medium tanks which nell cannot face or oppose in any way, if you really want to just be unfair you farm her units and get neotanks and more mediums. So far I have a score of 286 with this strategy.
I agree with the nerf on Haichi and he is now less broken, but his abilities are run in an endless cycle which once underway is hard to stop;
Build infantry --> capture cities --> play normally and build units (more units more strength) --> use COP and build cities on all new captured cities --> even more strength as you have more units --> more units capture more cities --> and the loop restarts.
And his SCOP is a deadly finishing blow after you have so many units as it just allows you to make more money for.... More units.

Wait, wait, wait.

Kiltman2

Post by Kiltman2 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:47 am

True about Hachi - but he really suffers on smaller maps where he can't get ~4 of each unit going easily to begin the snowball. Got another bug attacking Candy / Kindle on the City Rampage map. Think she might be the problem on my patch.
Xenesis wrote:
Kiltman2 wrote:I tried to attach a .sav file to this post, but the forums don't like that
Darn. I'll go fix that ASAP.
You da best

ThunderWalker

Post by ThunderWalker » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:43 am

Taelith wrote:Thanks for the bug/glitch reports

@MysteriousLad: I haven't been able to see the infantry and transport-copter bug. The map Iron Knuckle shouldn't have a any predeployed units on it.
@Kiltman2: I can't seem to replicate the kindle crash. What day was causing the crashes.
@ThunderWalker: I'm not sure what could be causing it. Are you playing with animations off? I always play with animation off. Actually I didn't consider battle animations for any of my changes.

Did you guys all patch over a clean rom? Does anyone else run into these same bugs/glitches?
I patched over a clean rom. To make sure I even used the Cleanser Patch and then tried again.
And I played with both visuals on and off.
My sig is a void.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:48 am

Goody! More bugs, using Haichi''s COP in besieged causes the game to crash.
Btw, how many bugs does it take to become official bug tester? :P

Wait, wait, wait.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:52 am

Another bug! The four infantry and T-copter which when you hover over it with the cursor says its a hv-tank are back, the same result when clicking a on them.
Map: Iron Knuckle

Wait, wait, wait.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:55 am

Yet another one!!!! XD
In versus mode my challenge maps won't load or show their miniature version in the map selection.

Wait, wait, wait.

Taelith

Post by Taelith » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:18 am

@Kiltman2: The AI is supposed to treat both sonja's cop and scop as dived units. Looking through my files, I can't seem to find the files I used to patch this in (might have been deleted, misplaced). Might have to find the pointers again and repatch. I can't seem to replicate the bug with Kindle that you are having. Hmm not sure. Maybe if others get the same bug I can narrow down what is causing it.

@MysteriousLad: I'm not getting any of the bugs you mentioned. Were you using an old save file and/or save state?

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:33 am

Yes, this would be the problem then. Meh, now I need to regain my war room scores.

Edit:
I deleted all my saves and data of the ROM and repatched a new fresh ROM (after using cleanser) and gave it a different name than the last patched ROM (idk, just to be 100% no witchcraft is going on) and rebooted the ROM. Both bugs still persist, predeployed glitched units in Iron Knuckle and Haichi's COP crashing the ROM on usage. :|
Same problem with the challenge maps.

Wait, wait, wait.

Taelith

Re: AW2 Extended (RC v1.1)

Post by Taelith » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:31 am

Yeah sorry. I'm not sure about all these bugs/errors since I am not getting them, I can't tell where the problems are. I'll keep bug testing to see if some of them show up eventually.

Updated to RC v1.1
Javier's numbers boost now working with number of units on the field.
Adjusted some cop charging values (Hachi now charges both attacking and defending at 50% along with some other changes)
Hachi's COP reduces cost to only 80% and his SCOP only gives back 50% from attacking and defending damage.
Sonja's SCOP working with AI but the AI still ignores her COP.
T Copters now transport 1 light land unit.
Flak's SCOP will temp. upgrade his tanks for 1 turn on maps that are low-tech

Taelith

Re: AW2 Extended (RC v1.2)

Post by Taelith » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:59 am

Updated to RC v1.2. Changes noted in original post.

Taelith

Re: AW2 Extended (RC v1.3)

Post by Taelith » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:14 pm

Updated to RC v1.3. Changes noted in original post.

Should be last of the major CO Changes. made changes to Sasha, Olaf, Drake, Sonja, Sensei, Sturm and Kindle. Added several new COP mechanics and CO skills.

Taelith

Re: AW2 Extended (RC v1.4)

Post by Taelith » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:09 pm

Updated to RC v1.4. Changes noted in original post.

Taelith

Re: AW2 Extended (RC v1.5)

Post by Taelith » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:11 pm

Updated to RC v1.5. Changes noted in original post.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Re: AW2 Extended (RC v1.5)

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:04 pm

I found a glitch on the 3 Player map Pinwheel where the first five top left tiles got health bars as if they were Lash inventions. I wasn't able to get pics (used a phone emulator), but the HP they had was random, ranging from 1 to 99 to numbers like J2. Units could still move on these squares, and destroying them did nothing but cause an exploding animation. I'll try redownloading and see if that fixes it, but I'll take pics if I run into it again.
BUY GOLD

Taelith

Re: AW2 Extended (RC v1.6)

Post by Taelith » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:42 am

Updated to RC v1.6. Changes noted in original post.