This is the thread where any progress and discussion regarding the next war room hack, War Room Hack: Custom Edition (name pending) will take place!
What are the goals of War Room Hack: Custom Edition?
- Another War Room Hack, which will likely also lead to a framework to make AW2 hacking easier(?!)
- Custom COs that will (hopefully) introduce new playstyles and reduce the consistency of strategies, so that approaching each map with a different CO requires some more thinking. (This already occurs for example with Sami and Kanbei.)
- Related to the above, tweak existing COs to fit into the design goal.
Very little at the moment. The current work is establishing a framework that will streamline inserting maps and COs. Keep an eye on this (hopefully growing) list???
- Star charge formula changed. Stars are now worth 6000G. Attacking a unit gives 300 G per HP taken (so 1/2 star for a kill), while units taking damage charge the bar by (Cost/10 - 50) G. The net effect is that destroying cheap units is more advantageous for the attacker, while destroying expensive units is more advantageous for the defender.
- Defense calculations slightly changed. Instead of reducing damage by (200- (Defense + Terrain Defense*HP/10)), defenses reduces damage by (200-Defense)*(100-Terrain Defense). Note the lack of HP in the Terrain Defense calculations. This has the net effect of making terrain defense less stupid for COs with high defense.
- CO Changes:
- Sonja induces FoW.
- THE GRIMM IS IN
- Andy's COP heals 3HP, and his SCOP heals 7 HP
- Eagle has AWDS style Lightning Drive, i.e. all units reanimate with reduced attack. His air are also 120/100 instead of 115/110 to differentiate him from Perry.
- Grit's indirects have 100/120/140 attack during D2D/COP/SCOP to differentiate him from Grimm more.
- Kanbei's units are 120/120.
- New CCO Monet:
- Day to day: Occupying non-allied properties increases income by half the property's value. Enemy occupied cities also reduce income by half the property's value. Note: The income changes aren't reflected in the status menu yet. Capture rate is reduced to 90% (This might cause 1 HP infantry to not have any capture rate...)
- CO Power: Prevents enemies from gaining income for 1 turn.
- Super CO Power: Converts money into damage; Damage from attacks is increased up to 100%, costing the player the target's damage for the difference (e.g. dealing 25% extra damage to a 7000G tank costs 1750G.) The effect only adds what you can afford.
- New CCO Roxanne:
- Day to day: All units except infantry and recons are 150/100, and Infantry/Recons are 80/100. However, Roxanne's units have less max ammo. Specifically, mechs have 1 max ammo, and other units have 3 max ammo. Roxanne also cannot resupply ammo normally (i.e. APCs/properties.)
- CO Power: Gives all units two more ammo, up to their cap.
- Super CO Power: Fully reloads all ammo, and increases attack of non-infantry/recons to 200%.
- New CCO Julia:
- Day to day: Julia's properties have 15 capture points instead of the normal 20.
- CO Power: Infantries may instantly capture cities (but not other property types.)
- Super CO Power: During her turn, any attack that reduces an enemy unit down to 5 HP or less converts that unit to Julia's army (if the enemy unit dies, nothing happens.)
- New CCO Perry:
- Day to day: Perry can deploy T-copters from bases, and air units are 120/120 with -1 movement.
- CO Power: Air units become 150/150, and some B-copters spawn over his properties. You get approximately 1 B-copter for every 6 properties you own, rounded up.
- Super CO Power: Air units become 150/150, and some Bombers/Fighters spawn over his properties. You get approximately 1 Bomber/Fighter for every 6 properties you own, rounded up and the game spawns them alternatingly, starting with Bombers.
- New CCO Jugger:
- Day to day: Whenever you build a unit, there's a small chance something different is built. You're still charged the amount of the unit you tried to build. Units will not transform into unreasonable things in general (i.e. land units only transform into land units, infantries can't transform into high tier units, etc.)
- CO Power: Changes a small number of your deployed army using similar rules as the day to day effect.
- Super CO Power: Shuffles all units on the map.
- New maps:
- Sunburst: A Risky Vale style map vs Grimm. 18 Day time limit.
- Wild Curve: Vs Grit.17 Day time limit.
- Brook Trio: Vs Eagle. 15 Day time limit.
- Spann Air: A remix of Spann Island Vs Adder. 12 Day time limit.
- Eel River: Vs Sonja. 25 Day time limit.
- Bad Dudes: Save the President of the United States! Vs Julia. 18 Day time limit.
- Bean Isle: A remix of Bean Island Vs Grit. 20 Day time limit.
- The new CCO text data replaces existing CCO text data, so don't be surprised to see some strange descriptions.
- Grimm doesn't have any text data inserted yet.
- Joining units with Roxanne will ignore the 1/3 ammo cap. Abuse!
- AI may not be able to use Monet and Roxanne effectively.
- The AI seems to be very bad at actually using air units with Perry if the map doesn't have airports.
- Infantries converted with Julia's SCOP still continue capturing if they are capturing a property, even if it doesn't make sense (e.g. if they're capturing Julia's properties.)
- Units upgraded by Jugger's COP have a few bugs, mostly related to infantry and transports; If an infantry transforms into a non-infantry unit, they will be ammoless (so a bit useless for a bit), still be capturing if they were capturing, and can transform even if they are on mountains. (This last one is more of a feature than a bug, though!) Similarly if a transport is upgraded it will still transport whatever is in it.
- Basically no CO Music added yet.
- Countdown Map test: Patch here. Replaces Spann Island and Moji Island. The Spann Island version has the units; if the AI is too insane try it with this patch on top. No time limit yet. Might not include this in the hack, a bit too large for my tastes.