Coming soon...

Discussion of hacking, editing and developments in Advance Wars games.
Remember, no Rom Requests
Belgdor

Coming soon...

Post by Belgdor » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:01 am

the new patch.. and my biggest hack to date. the one, the only...
APH'S HOMEYS INVADE WARS WORLD! patch, featuring the 4 COs mention already, and many more, such as:
Arik, weak units(80/80), no COP, and an insanely powerful SCOP(Mass damage 8 and +8 Hp to allies en masse for 5 EFFIN' STARS!)
Shyver, the Fuel Sapper.
Kortany, the chick that practically owns the bargain bin, who has uber-cheap units with a mere stat drop of -10/-10 out of laziness
Cortney, who's more or less a super lash
and MANY more.
oh, to the people that will say "broken as hell!" remember, in this patch, EVERYONE will be broken, here is some logic:
The easiest way to balance broken COs is to make everybody else broken.
You're an escaped prisoner, this ship is about to explode, and I have the ONLY way off of this ship. I'm offering to take you with me. And you're arguing.

Belgdor

Post by Belgdor » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:10 am

people of WWN! I give you...SCREENSHOTS!
oh snapz.
harf?
ZOMFG!
damn, them's some cheap weaponz!
hmm, okay.
uhh...you can stop now...
HOLY F***ING SH**!

as you can see, the graphics are not teh haxxorz yet..and Arik's SCOP makes baby jesus cry
Last edited by Belgdor on Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
You're an escaped prisoner, this ship is about to explode, and I have the ONLY way off of this ship. I'm offering to take you with me. And you're arguing.

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:01 am

Err... why the lack of round numbers when it comes to prices?

And how much does parasitic drain heal?

The Rose's Thorn

Post by The Rose's Thorn » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:20 am

Why 71% prices day to day and 41% prices on the power?
"Math is the language in which god has written the universe"

Belgdor

Post by Belgdor » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:26 am

The Rose's Thorn wrote:Why 71% prices day to day and 41% prices on the power?
uhh, I thought it was 70% daily, 60% COP, 40% SCOP, I guess I miscalculated.
and Parasitic Drain heals 8 and deals 8, with Hawke(or should I say, Arik) his new weakness is 80/80 units that only get a +10/+10 boost during super.
and Flak, or Kortany(Flak's gonna be replaced by a chick in this patch) has 90/90 units for insanely low prices.

legoman727

Post by legoman727 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:29 am

Ok. Kortney isn't that broken.

Hachi would rape her. Colin would rape her.

And as for the others, Arik will rape all. As soon as he gets the SCOP launched, you lose.
Avatar by Kosheh and OoW. Sig by Sasquatch.

Pichu: So, I was like "DIE YOU EVIL ZOMBIE"
Terragent: Please Pichu, stop telling me about your lovelife and just let me work.
Pichu: Hey! I was talking about video games!
Terragent: The way you love those things, my statement still holds true. - PKdragon

Belgdor

Post by Belgdor » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:33 am

legoman727 wrote: And as for the others, Arik will rape all. As soon as he gets the SCOP launched, you lose.
that's why I'm thinking about bumping the SCOP up a few stars.

The Rose's Thorn

Post by The Rose's Thorn » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:34 am

Belgdor wrote:
The Rose's Thorn wrote:Why 71% prices day to day and 41% prices on the power?
uhh, I thought it was 70% daily, 60% COP, 40% SCOP, I guess I miscalculated.
and Parasitic Drain heals 8 and deals 8, with Hawke(or should I say, Arik) his new weakness is 80/80 units that only get a +10/+10 boost during super.
and Flak, or Kortany(Flak's gonna be replaced by a chick in this patch) has 90/90 units for insanely low prices.
You may have meant for it to be 70, 60, and 40, but if you look at those prices and do the math you'll see it's 71, (most likely 61, but no pic), and 41.

Narro87

Post by Narro87 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:34 am

I renew my arguement that making all the CO's broken does not balance them. One will inherently be uber-broken and dominate all. It's the way it works. (coughArikcough)
To all the Code Lyoko fans out there...
"Credibility problem, because people can trust me when I'm leading them to death, but won't trust me when I'm leading them to life." -donnyton

Belgdor

Post by Belgdor » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:37 am

Narro87 wrote:I renew my arguement that making all the CO's broken does not balance them. One will inherently be uber-broken and dominate all. It's the way it works. (coughArikcough)
Arik is going to get a nerf somehow(he already has 80/80 units isn't that enough?). this is a beta version, besides, the new nell will dominate, but in an odd way:
no COP
SCOP=reset da game lawl.

The Rose's Thorn

Post by The Rose's Thorn » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:43 am

You should have a CO that kills all units and resets all properties to the starting control, or have one of those effects for the COP and one for the SCOP... then it becomes a really interesting game as you've been saving up funds, so you can... nvm, I'm going to do a custom CO like that XD

Belgdor

Post by Belgdor » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:45 am

The Rose's Thorn wrote:You should have a CO that kills all units and resets all properties to the starting control, or have one of those effects for the COP and one for the SCOP... then it becomes a really interesting game as you've been saving up funds, so you can... nvm, I'm going to do a custom CO like that XD
currently not possible.
BUT..a CO that resets the game to the title screen IS possible.

Narro87

Post by Narro87 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:59 am

I'm going to win!
*Uses COP*
*Returns to Title Screen*
NO!!!!
"Credibility problem, because people can trust me when I'm leading them to death, but won't trust me when I'm leading them to life." -donnyton

Belgdor

Post by Belgdor » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:10 pm

Narro87 wrote:I'm going to win!
*Uses COP*
*Returns to Title Screen*
NO!!!!
yeh, that would make for some interesting reconnasiance missions ^_^
"find the strongest existing enemy unit without triggering the enemy's Super CO Power" XD
Jake:aww man, you gave me this big-ass army and I can't smash stuff? WEAKSAUCE!

BowYosh

Post by BowYosh » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:49 pm

Oh oh oh!!!
Can you make a hack for me turning Jess to my home made CO Marmoth? Yaya... That really would be nice...

Narro87

Post by Narro87 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:15 pm

*goes off to look up Marmoth*
*points out that he may not be hackable*
*notes that Xen has this really handy feature called a "Hackability Rate" that you may want*

BowYosh

Post by BowYosh » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:18 pm

Why not hackable?

Oracle of Wuffing

Post by Oracle of Wuffing » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:32 pm

BowYosh wrote:Why not hackable?
Because you can't assign a firepower boost to a movement type in the game (Tires, in this case)- that is, movement types don't have battle stats. You can only assign boosts/drops to Infantry(Mech), Transport, Vehicle, Copter, Plane, Sea, Direct, or Indirect units... Okay, am I missing anything from that list?
Additionally, price is a "blanket" modifier- you get price changes on all units, you can't pick specific ones.
CumulusCentral : It's dot-com!
"He's gonna win..." The Ever-Loving Linkman, talking about my Character Battle Predictions.

Narro87

Post by Narro87 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:33 pm

There's a great topic here about why that is. You may want to check out the old board a bit too if you're new.

EDIT: Grrr...OoW beat me to it again...

Belgdor

Post by Belgdor » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:18 pm

GOOD news, it's 5 AM here so I'm up when not supposed to be, I'll release a beta patch with all the changes I've made so far when I get home from school, let's all let out a big w00t! ^_^

Belgdor

Post by Belgdor » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:54 am

*skipped school for the day*
NEWS OF DEATH, DOOM, DESTRUCTION, AND WHATNOT!!! ^_^
the Beta patch is ready, Hawke, Sturm, Adder, Flak, Lash, and Grit have been changed into Arik(he's been nerfed to a 10 star meter now), Claudio, Jaclyn, Kortany, Cortey, and Thomas(Me :P) respectively.
BUT only Jaclyn and Thomas have had Graphics and name changes, and I still haven't done Thomas's facial anims yet...and Jaclyn's meter face image isn't done yet, enjoy!
Download teh patchzorz!
and I don't know why but I removed Kanbei's fountain hair thingy for no apparent reason. :P

Pwned...

Yes, great gameplay!

Post by Pwned... » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:27 pm

I dunno why, but when my game did this I laughed.

... :crank: ...

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:44 pm

Oh my. It looks like it's ammilated into some serious wipqozn.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

White Sun

Post by White Sun » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:09 am

Cool hack, but a few questions:
1. Why is there always a bug when i try 3p or 4p maps?
2. Did you notice theres a green square in Jaclyn's smiling face [which cused me to have a heart attack by the way... wonderful job!].
3. Why did i ask 3 questions?

Anywho, i like it the new themes fit very well [of course, Jaclyn still gives me a heart attack], Pretty much good work on Jaclyn and Thomas... Thomas looks a bit weird [rainbow outline?] but whatever.

Overall i like it, keep it up! [you can shot me now]
ImageImage
Pair of units, Sniffitank and T.copter

golden_cow2

Post by golden_cow2 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:58 am

Pics. Naow. *No emulator for me ;_;*
No, I do not make golden milk. Technically I'm a bull.

Imano Ob
3DS Code: 0516-7426-0296

Post by Imano Ob » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:07 am

GC2? Here? I would never expect that...
This signature is boring. I don't know why you're reading it.

golden_cow2

Post by golden_cow2 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:22 am

Well heyz Imano I didn't notice you were here! I am a fan of AW2.
No, I do not make golden milk. Technically I'm a bull.