Help with putting images in AW2 using unzl.gba

Discussion of hacking, editing and developments in Advance Wars games.
Remember, no Rom Requests
RadioShadow

Help with putting images in AW2 using unzl.gba

Post by RadioShadow » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:17 am

I am trying to have a go at putting images into Advance wars. I have decided to put AWDS Lash inot AW2 but I having one problem. The colours (palette) are mucked up. See link

Screenshot link

[img]http://www.freewebs.com/radiotails/Down ... e7)_01.png[/img]

Can anyone tell me how to solve my problem

Edit: Forget to mention she suppose to be wearing a swimm suit.
Last edited by RadioShadow on Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:20 am

The New Lash is too detailed. Also....Is she missing some clothes?
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:46 pm

Naw, the detail is one thing, but the real problem is that you uploaded her over the Max sprite... (Those would be the max colours...)
I suggest using unlz to extract the original lash sprite, copy the colors from her clothes over to swimming lash and then put her back in.
I've never done it though, but clearly you'll need to change some colours on that Lash. It seems to me that Rimdev has experience for that. (He got AWDS jess sprite in AW2, though it was the same palette so he didn't need to change anything)