Advance Wars 2 - Balance Hack - Version 2.1

Discussion of hacking, editing and developments in Advance Wars games.
Remember, no Rom Requests
Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:58 am

To be quite honest, I can't quite remember. <_<;
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

RS

Post by RS » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:35 am

Whoop! <_<

Well Adder's shouldn't be too hard to figure out. It will just invole the use of a calculator. :D

Colin's, I'm juts going to have to look through the 'Power Of Money' data and see if I can find the stats in there.

From Memory, the units you changed were:

Infantry
Mechs
Tanks
Anti Air
Missiles
Landers
Subs

EDIT:

Well I figure out the formula for Adder. It took me a little while to notice Adder still gets a +10% Offence bonus. :)

The formula is: '(current day X 1%) +10% = offence increased

So if Adder was on Day 23, the offence increase would be:

(23 X 1%) +10% = 33% ^_^

Now to figure out Colin's SCOP formular

RadioShadow

Post by RadioShadow » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:20 am

I've just finished updating Xen's balance hack topic.

You will now be to see the changes by looking at the first post.

Please note that the information I've added is not 100% correct. I know Colin's SCOP formula is wrong and the Unit stats section is incomplete.

I plan to make the layout more neater once the information is correct.

@Xen: Feel free to make any changes to the layout of the first post. What I do need help with Xen is finding out Colin's SCOP formula and mention what units you changed. :wink:

EDIT: Don't forget that I already added the +10 Default Defence to the COs stats so you don't need to add it in your head.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:14 pm

50% Capture rate for Sami? Don't you mean 150%? Or has Sami's Capture Abilities been really reduced?
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

RadioShadow

Post by RadioShadow » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:04 am

I was meant to say 50% better capture rate. But yeah, I'll fix that to say 150%. :wink:

RadioShadow

Post by RadioShadow » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:25 am

Xen, although I could find this out myself, it would be a great help if you could post what units you have changed. I don't feel like compare all of the unit changes against the original data.

Not quite sure how I'm going to figure out 'Colin's new SCOP formula'. The rest I can easily double check and fix any errors I posted.

EDIT:
Xenesis wrote:Xen discovers where the Power of Money divisor is:

08044574: mov r1, 0x96 (150)
lsl r1, r1, 0x1 (=300)

So, the amount is doubled and then used to divide how much funds Colin has, default is 1% per 300G, and then it's multiplied by Colin's inherent Firepower (eg, 0.9 by default)
Now in the balance hack you changed the value to 'FA' (250).

Bomber VS Rocket on Road = 108 Offence

Bomber VS Rocket on Road = SCOP = 114% Offense

Colin's units increase by 4%

250 x 2 = 500 / Funds = answer

Default Formula is 1% per 500g

I could be wrong since it seems Power of Money is better than before. 0_0

Wasn't the idea to make POW weaker? I'll double check on that tomorrow.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:16 pm

RS, it's a divisor. AW2 was 1% per 300G
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

RadioShadow

Post by RadioShadow » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:50 pm

So its the same as in the balance hack.

In the balance hack, if Colin has 6000g of funds, his units will gain an +18% Offence. ^_^

If I worked that out right. Colin's abilities hurt my head. :(

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:02 pm

+1% per 500g? So, if he had 6000g, he'd only get +12% Offence. In the Original AW2, he'd get +20%.

Provided that the stats here are correct, and my maths is right.
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:04 pm

You're forgetting the inherent +10/10

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:09 pm

Ah, right, I forgot that +10% attack was inherent in the Balance Hack during powers.

RadioShadow

Post by RadioShadow » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:05 am

Shift Breaker wrote:+1% per 500g? So, if he had 6000g, he'd only get +12% Offence. In the Original AW2, he'd get +20%.

Provided that the stats here are correct, and my maths is right.
That seems right. So Colin will need to store alot more money to do a good amount of damage. Clever clever Xen. :wink:

Well we know his formula is '+1% Offence per 500g'.

Now to double check the rest of the CO Stats, another time mind.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:26 am

Though if you have 6000g, You're actually going to do more damage than on the original AW2 because of the 10% Power boost.

Of course, if you have only 6000g, then what the hell are you doing using PoM in the first place?

RadioShadow

Post by RadioShadow » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:38 am

When I update this topic this Thursday, I'm going to add a section which refers to any bugs. Whether they are small or big, please post them. Such as the Subs not diving correctly.

Xen, you must have kept a list of units you changed? If not, I'll just to have to have fun with a calculator and comparing data.

GreenEarth

Post by GreenEarth » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:17 am

I might be seeing things, but in this hack a missile just killed my recon.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:55 pm

It's supposed to. Missiles do minor damage to ground units.

GreenEarth

Post by GreenEarth » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:11 am

Oh ok. I thought missiles were still strictly ground-to-air

RadioShadow

Post by RadioShadow » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:08 am

I'll see if I can start updating the stat's this weekend. No promises know.

GreenEarth

Post by GreenEarth » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:29 am

How would I make it so that Grit's indirects can fire twice instead of 4 times?

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:04 pm

I can't remember off the top of my head (I'd have to go look up my own code) but you'd have to just change the limit from 4, to 2.

GreenEarth

Post by GreenEarth » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:20 pm

Somewhere in grit's data sheet?

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:54 pm

Hahahah, no.

It's some assembly code that runs when you fire or hit wait or whatever.

GreenEarth

Post by GreenEarth » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:30 am

:/

Where can the one where it lets grit fire 4 times during SCOP be found? :)

RadioShadow

Post by RadioShadow » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:09 am

For making Sensei more interesting, how about this:

DTD:

Soldiers - 110/100
Battle Copter - 110/100
Transport - +1 Movement
Ground Units - 90/100

Star Gauge
xxXXXX

COP

7HP B-Copters appear on Sensei's Bases
Battle Copters gain +30 Offence
All units gain +10 Offence and Defence

SCOP

10HP B-Copters appear on Sensei's Bases
Battle Copters gain +30 Offence
All units gain +10 Offence and Defence

I never understood Senei has a weakness with Sea units. Why not just get rid of that weakness but give him a small offence boost with Soldiers and Battle Copters.

As he is suppose to be the B-Copter expect, why not have them spawn on his own Bases (which Xen has figured out how to do). I would certainly use him more and makes him slightly different to Sami.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:23 am

GreenEarth wrote::/

Where can the one where it lets grit fire 4 times during SCOP be found? :)
In doing some hacking work today to fix one of the two bugs (The Sub bug) I came across where the address is.

6FFF36 2D04 Cmp R5 0x4

Change the 04 to whatever you want to have it compared to.

RS: But what about his paratrooper theme?

GreenEarth

Post by GreenEarth » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:09 pm

How about colins 10 day decrease? How do you make it so it's all the time and doesn't stop decreasing? Like a permanent 10% instead of 2%, 2%, 2%...

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:16 pm

Oh. Just turn off the byte = 10 in Colin's special skills.

GreenEarth

Post by GreenEarth » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:20 pm

That too is in the assembly code right?

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:43 pm

No no.

That's just like the other special skills bitfield things. There's a switch to turn it off. Turn it off the same way you'd turn off Sonja's Hidden HP.

GreenEarth

Post by GreenEarth » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:00 pm

Oh ok. Thanks for everything Xen.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:38 am

Balance Hack 2.1 Announcement!

Okay, came to a decision regarding this hack a few days ago.

For reference, my efforts to hack AW2 and balance the game started in 2004. As it's almost 2008, a whole 4 years later I thought it was time that I finish up this project and start something new in AW2 hacking. (Which I've been planning a bit when I've thought about it).

So, 2.1 will be the final* release of the Balance Hacks. I'm going to fix all the major bugs that I know of (There's 3) and do some final balance tweaks.

Additionally, as a last hurrah I'm going to stock the Vs Map case with a set of maps from AWBW/CW as something to play on.

*By which I mean if I find more bugs, or get a sudden burst of motivation, I might update it. :P

RadioShadow

Post by RadioShadow » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:42 am

Feel free to use some maps from the 'Ember Hack' Xen. I can easily dump some for you. In fact, why not replce the 'Classic Maps' section instead of the 'VS Section'? You could call the section 'Balanced'. :D

For balance wise, there's one two or three CO's like Grit that need balancing. As for Bug's, I know there's the Submarines not diving and the Air Units have defence stars (but don't gain the defence) bugs.

I was going to release the 'War lord' update tool today but one of my teachers marked an assignment before the Xmas holidays, gave it back and I had to fix some errors I made on the assignment (and make a graph). I'll defiantly get it released this Friday in the evening GMT time.

What were you planning to do about the damaging system? Are you just going to fix the errors it's producing or change it? Or stick with the original?

Xen

Post by Xen » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:03 pm

RadioShadow wrote:Feel free to use some maps from the 'Ember Hack' Xen. I can easily dump some for you. In fact, why not replce the 'Classic Maps' section instead of the 'VS Section'? You could call the section 'Balanced'. :D
Hahaha. Maybe I'll just convert the classic maps case into a second Vs. case.
For balance wise, there's one two or three CO's like Grit that need balancing.
Elaborate? I know I was planning to tweak Grit's SCOP and the like, there'll definitely be a few minor changes to most COs.
As for Bug's, I know there's the Submarines not diving and the Air Units have defence stars (but don't gain the defence) bugs.
Yeah, I've already written a fix for the sub-bug, and the Defence star display should be easily fixed. The trickiest one will be fixing the FoW related bugs with Sonja and Saving (It's possible to turn a fog game into a non-fog one by saving and reloading - I might have to rewrite the whole Sonja thing.)
What were you planning to do about the damaging system? Are you just going to fix the errors it's producing or change it? Or stick with the original?
Uh, what errors? I haven't heard of any.

GreenEarth

Post by GreenEarth » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:05 pm

Rabies.
Last edited by GreenEarth on Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:11 pm

D2D:

100/100 Infantry
90/100 Direct Combat
110/100 +1 range Indirects
It's broken.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:48 pm

lol +3 range scop

loool

GreenEarth

Post by GreenEarth » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:10 am

What's broken? I didn't post anything. Did I post anything? Nope.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:15 am

<_<;

Mark999

Post by Mark999 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:05 am

GreenEarth wrote:What's broken? I didn't post anything. Did I post anything? Nope.
Dork. You edited you post! :D :) :? :o :shock: :( 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :arrow: :idea: :?: :!:

RadioShadow

Post by RadioShadow » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:11 am

Xen wrote:
Uh, what errors? I haven't heard of any.
My bad. I was referring to the terrain stars errors which I already mentioned. ^^'