War Room High Scores & Strategy

Talk about Advance Wars DS. Debate, laugh, cry, argue about everything to do with our favourite tag game here.
-STL-

Re: War Room High Scores & Strategy

Post by -STL- » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:59 am

Nice finds.

The Megatank still has more though. Colin´s Tank often suicided on Time Map 9 f.e. while he deals 8-17% and is always OHKO´d.
So maybe Mega is worth twice for the AI too?
Interesting that Infs worth for AI is only 2 times. You know i estimated 2,5.
However it doesn´t change anything but Jelly right?
Btw why did you give Lash the "!" she´s the next best challenger which i tested in the past and ofc better than the luck COs. The CO deserving a ! or even more is Sonja which would be crazy insane since she has bad luck aswell.

Edit: Ok it´s like we assumed. 2 attack waves, the AI makes an estimate under the normal attacker´s damage adresses, if it´s worth to attack (btw same G dmg makes AI attacking or in Infs special case half it) it shows the move ani and after that it calculates an damage + counter damage again which is used for real.

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:00 am

I tested AI attacking Grimm's Mega, Recon seems to attack only when it estimates 12% (doesn't with 10%), Inf is very random... from my tests, it seemed like it only cares about the real counter damage, only attacking when it was <181%

fcastro

Post by fcastro » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:39 pm

I made some new VS tests, nothing very new but it's good to be sure:

1) AI estimation is based on your/his HP values

Test: Ultra-overpowered 6 hp inf always suicide on Grimm's Recon, ofc 7 hp inf never because of the 69 limit.

That is why we so often get the low hp infs suicide. However, it appears that 0.2-1.0 HP units never attack (inf attacks after 4 silo shots, but not 3 :(). I wonder if we will need to suicide a 0.1 HP unit somewhere...

Consequently, if AI has the choice between 2 OHKO of same unit (for instance AA vs 2 infs), he wont take his luck estimation into account. So how will he react?

2) AI loves to waste fuel

That's the real "discovery": if they have same estimation AI will always attack the most away unit! Even injured AA will prefer attacking away inf from road rather than closer inf from his cities (despite it would have allowed repairing)

3) Then after the unit is chosen the choice of attack place depends on attack rather than def, indeed the order appears to be

Normal AI: his HQ, his cities, then def star-based, except for his bases who are last
AI with only road boost: his HQ, his cities, road, then star-based and finally his bases
AI with only plain boost (Jake!): his HQ, his cities, plain, then as usual
AI with only city boost (not Kindle!): his cities, his HQ, other cities, then as usual

That's a bit strange, because AI prefers terrain with higher attack even in OHKO case. Even Jugger with his high range of possible attacks follow these rules, apparently no matter what the estimation is. That still holds with recon against one inf which can't be OHKO'd, i.e. AI prefers attacking from his supposed best attack place even if he would estimate a lower attack. Similarly, the place order above holds before any estimation.

The estimation is only made for deciding who to attack, not from where (as we knew in fact).

That's all, happy new year!

fcastro

Post by fcastro » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:15 am

Some new data that was found during the recent War Room 1.0/1.5 improvement wave:

- AI inf attacks our infs with 7 hp or more before doing anything else, however if our inf has 6 hp or less AI will often ignore it, ie he prefers capping bases/city or even attacking a Tcop, as we clearly see in Stamp 1.0. Besides the moving order will be different.

- Infs never attack if they estimate 10% or less. Consequently, FI 1.5 cant be improved (it would require Andy's 8 hp inf closing base by attacking 9 hp tank, 10% max), and FI 2.0 2/300 tank's strat is even harder than expected. There is a strat with recon though.

edit: STL pointed out that Neos were getting attacked even if our max damage is only 10% (ofc Megas are attacked too, but for a different reason -> AI has no limit against them as explained before). The explanation would be that in that scenario, inf attacks when he estimates that his attack is more than 4 times the counter XD f.e. as max damage is 2200G he will attack only Neos who counter less than 55%... Or Md (1600G) who counter less than 40%. Not the kind of Neo/Md we could have in every-day game... Another thing: AI Neos/Mds attack our infs even if we have 200 def.

edit: lol FI 1.5 was improvable after all...
Last edited by fcastro on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:43 am

Ooh, interesting. I wonder how similar AW2 is?
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

fcastro

Post by fcastro » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:26 pm

AW2 inf are different, less offensive than in AWDS (not as peaceful as in AW1 though). They can even ignore your HQ-capping inf, as in Spann 5/300. That is why it is imo impossible to get Map 1 NC 3/300 by suiciding inf... But indeed we still dont know the reason why.

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:48 pm

Michele was playing Mission 2 HC and i noticed that the Infs break the 70% limits with their attacks on it easyly too.
So i have a new theory, when you break the 70% counter Ai still attacks when it can do 4 times the damage it takes, just like when it deals 10% or less damage.
This also explains the attacks on the Megatank, so we can finally explain everything.

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:23 am

it kind of sounds like randomly made up theories, but it works

JSlayerXero

Post by JSlayerXero » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:20 am

If I remember correctly, the AI takes luck into account and can suicide if it thinks it'll deal more monetary damage than in takes. Ex. an Infantry will attack a Megatank because a 1HP Megatank is worth 2800, whereas a 10HP Infantry is worth only 1000. Thus wise the AI thinks that if it do luck damage to a unit worth at least 10x an infantry it'll suicide now and again. Even if the Megatank has 10HP, the AI thinks it'll gain something by doing 1HP luck damage. Believe me, it's happened to me before.

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:23 am

Yes but in fact AI sees your Megatank as double worth just like your Inf.
So all in short.

Your Inf and Megatank are treated as if they cost the double.
If in the estimation the AI does at least the same or more damage in G, the AI attacks
If the attack is 10% or less and/or the counter is 70% or more, then AI only attacks if it does 4 times the damage in G

That's all, finally we can explain everything

STL

Post by STL » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:36 pm

Ok some test about AI attack priority:
I let AI the choice between my full HP Units while he had a Mega/Neo so was sure of the kill.
I tested all ground units (except the Piperunner), the order is as follows:

Megatank
Rockets
Neotank
Missiles
MD Tank
AA
Tank
Recon
Mech
APC
Inf

Then i made a test Tank against Silo'd Art, 7HP Art (4200G) was prefered over 10HP Tank while 10HP Tank was prefered over 4HP Art (2400G), so i guessed that Indirects are seen with double worth for the AI.
Note that this doesn't match for Missiles and Neotank, but that's the next point.

There are "tiers". When AI can attack (ofc only if the attack is positive G wise) a unit of a higher tier, it prefers attacking it, no matter the damage in comparision.
1HP Tank was prefered over full HP Recon, Mech, APC and Inf.
1HP Recon and 1HP Mech were prefered over full HP APC and Inf.

Then finally we see that APC is seen as half of its price, so 2500G
10HP Inf attacked over 7HP APC over 8HP Inf
Since we know that Inf is seen as 2000G this adds up well.

Now the consequences, i suspect that T-Cop is the same as APC for the AI. This would explain why B-Copter attacked even low HP Recon over T-Cop while it has a far higher base damage on T-Cop and T-Cop costs more. It also means we don't have to be sad that late B-Cop doesn't exist, because even if the Tank would hit our Recon to 1HP first, B-Cop still would prefer 1HP Recon over T-Cop.
Then when Mech is in a higher "tier than Inf (But it might be that different attackers, have different "tiers") , so the E Inf would always prefer Mech over Inf.
That means that if we want an Inf suiciding into Mech we don't have to worry about any of ours Inf in his range. It should also confirm that FI 2.0 with Jugger is possible since the requirement i had was that Inf prefers full HP Tank over 4HP Recon.
Also for Risky Duo, it means your Mech must be strong enough to fear Flak's Inf if you want him prefering to attack Inf over Mech. (IIRC that would eliminate some COs in Risky Duo 2.5?)

So finally in case of a tie, when AI does the same damage (like when it kills more than 1 unit of the same type and HP).
The unit which will be attacked is the unit which is the most South (and then east). The reason for that is that appearantly checks all attackable units from NW to NE and then continues from line by line west to east and in case of a tie takes overwrites the unit to attack in case of a tie.
Ofc does AI not "love to waste fuel" =P
After deciding the unit to attack it takes the place which uses the fewest fuel when the defense (or attack bonus) from the terrain is the same, in case of "fuel tie" the attack place is chosen random, like we saw often.

And furthermore fidel, i was right. You lied =P I checked the old topic and you mention Moji 2.0 with Kanbei in a 10-6 and not 10-4 cap, so you took in fact +12 Def and Cap+ 2 not Cap +3.
Under this condition your Inf can keep 5HP, the 6HP Recon min damage is 18% so 360G from the point of view of the AI and the counter is 10% at max when the Recon attacks from Plain, so 400G.
So it means that Enemy units can be feared even if you capture the HQ.
The question are the conditions, we know that Infs and Mechs will always attack you even if you just capture a Base and have 200+ Def (Money Map 10!)
Furthermore i know from Money Map 9, that full HP AA does attack 190 Def, while Tank does not(since it cant do 1HP damage) and neither does attack 200 Def Mech.

So i would guess from all that info that only non-Soldier with less than 10HP can be feared, if they could stop the Soldier from being able to finish the cap by attacking but ending bad G wise.

Now the use, if we think of Jelly 2.0 again, we could damage the Enemy Tank with Art, Colin (Dir Def + 20, Cap+2, Luck) but since Colin is so weak he can only do 5Hp damage to the Tank, 7HP Tank makes 30% min attack on Inf (600G) and our max counter is 7% when he attacks from City (490G) so it doesnt work here.

STL

Post by STL » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:39 pm

Oh and i forgot that even Colin would need a Money Skill for Jelly 2.0, so it definitly doesnt work.

STL

Post by STL » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:10 pm

Or maybe you had late Tank, therefore the Recon would have wanted to attack first, would have ended bad G wise and wouldnt have been able to stop your cap and therefore attacked Recon instead.

fcastro

Post by fcastro » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:11 am

And furthermore fidel, i was right.
Did you mean "wrong"? :roll:

edit: Ok let's see if we can fear Tank Jelly with def+20, luck and cap+2. In best scenario our mountain inf took 26 damage, and tank makes at min 43%, so we could keep 4 hp. As tank did 430 G damage, we should counter 13% to fear him right?, not even for Jugger =(

Btw, I dont know if Tank was late or not for Moji, but I can tell u that in Whiplash Recon was the last to attack, and inf had 4 hp. So how do you explain that :twisted: Maybe AI can prefer attacking someone else too?

edit 2: wait tank will attack from plain if we fear him with mech right? So its really up to Jugger and even Flak =O Iirc we dont even need mech and can force tank to attack from south plain if we put inf in north plain, that blocks his way to city.

STL

Post by STL » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:15 am

Nah you told me that you had a 10-4 cap in Moji 2.0 when we spoke few days ago, but in the old topic you speak of a 10-6 cap.
This shows me that your info was not correct and not really trustable.
I don't want to ignore something that exists in the game, but even more i dont want to pointlessy search for an explanation of something that might not even exist.
So if you trust your info so much, why don't you search for the explanation yourself? Or you try again and get any position where AI didnt attack you while you could still finish the cap.
Then give me the EXACT details and then i will not search for the explanation but promise to find the explanation!

I made some tests and i only got not attacked when i couldnt finish the cap and it would have ended bad G wise for AI. Only once i got not attacked when i tried extreme tests
133/190 Kanbei with Luck and Sonja and Cap+2 against Grimm's Tank, and he prefered Rockets instead, but w/o the Rockets he always attacked and often died with that attack.

Either way i got some nice results from my AI attack prio and will continue it, so that we finally can math strats where AI has the choice between attacking different units =)

fcastro

Post by fcastro » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:15 am

<_< I thought u were joking.

Ofc didnt I tell u that I got 10-4 cap, when u told me u started Moji 2.0 with +3 cap I wanted to say that I didnt remember what my skills were (that's how I remember I didnt say 10-4 during our convo), but u acted like if I had ever said 10-4 before so I trusted u. I may have said 10-4 before but u now say that I posted that it was 10-6, so it's very stupid to talk about lying XD and especially for such stuff <_<

But I was stupid too in thinking that u made any test before stating that "Enemy units can be feared even if you capture the HQ", as u seem to retract now... Maybe you focus too much on your theories? I saw two times AI letting me finish the cap, what can make any theory against it? You are the (only) one who saw magic APC in Land's End AW1, you should be able to understand it alone. And this score matters more than Moji 2.0 old crappy strat =p

STL

Post by STL » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:12 am

Well you dont seem to unterstand that everything in the game must be based on logic. There's nothing "illogical" so we must find the theories to explain everything.
As i said it is possible for the AI to not attack your HQ Capping Inf/Mech. With 200+ Def Enemy Inf/Mech still attack but other units not.
The point is just to find the condition when enemy does not attack.
The theory was that you need to fear Enemy so it doesn't attack you and i confirmed that in a test.
Kanbei*s 190 Def Inf against 4 Grit Tanks. 2 attacked me to 9HP, the other two ignored me then. So we already see that if you cant finish the cap you will fear the AI, maybe again since you capture the worth of your unit is multiplied with 2 or 4 or something.
Then it also is true that you can be not attacked when you can finish the cap. MAYBE (warning just my theory) when the AI cant stop you finish the cap (maybe when it cant do 1hp damage or something AND has a better target in range.
What i got from a real test was that Grimms Tank prefered Rockets over 10HP 133/190 Mech with Cap+2.
So about your statements that you mean you got not attacked while AI would stop your cap AND wouldnt end bad G wise, the most likely theory is that your memory is off and/or you didnt notice Ai couldnt reach etc.
If you have another theory that could explain it, then say it and we could test it.

Finally AW1 APC is different. I still don't know what causes that weird APC move (one theory could be that the APC thinks it is loaded while it is not), but we both saw it in Spann and me in Spann on Emu aswell, so it definitly was an effect from the game and not just some contacts mistakes from game to console or something. Furthermore if it was an contact error it would be very unlikely that only APC move was different and everything else the same =P
So the mostlikely is that it's the APC "glitch" we saw in Spann too.
So if you try and get Lands End too, we could "officially" confirm it =P FYI i tried Spann much more than Lands.

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:24 am

Ok indirects!

Indirects with 8-10HP will always attack when they can, even if they can't do any damage.
With 7HP or less it seems they don't attack when they do less than about 1000 G, no matter if you capture the HQ. (You got that on Sole Harbor f.e.)
Then in 2nd wave if Art doesn't want or can't move, it will still attack. So even 190 Def Inf got attacked while capturing HQ by 7HP Art on my little test map, while Mech wasn't attacked with enough Def as AI feared range and moved Art away =)
Last edited by -STL- on Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:06 am

ONE MAP TO GO!

Mial's Hope - Grimm - 8 days - 300

Thanks to DxDyDzD for the basic strategy. I tweaked it a bit, though.

-First off, you need a lot of luck. Grimm's reduced defense means he needs to have a recon survive a copter hit twice - and the first one requires that copter to go after a relatively unlikely target to boot.
-On Day 6, I attacked the copter with a healthy recon to charge a CO power, then joined the 1 HP recon and healthy recon with it. The CO power lets Grimm destroy a mech with a recon (93% chance, so luck is needed); attack from the city north of the mech instead of the road. The other recons and the APC block bases, or move closer to the HQ in the case of the recon that got attacked by a tank on the last turn; make sure a healthy recon is in artillery range. Move the recon on the north side to the east; the 6 HP infantry capturing a city is now in range. Build another recon. Build infantry.
-Enemy Day 6, the Mid Tank should move west, and the tank should attack your city recon from the east.
-Day 7, move the damaged recon on the west side of the map to a forest and join the healthy recon to it. Build an anti-air. Capture the HQ. Even if a copter is built near the enemy HQ, you're in good shape; you have four recons and a healthy APC. You want recons west and south of the enemy tank, and surround the copter on all sides except the east. Don't attack the 6 HP infantry with the recon.
-Day 8, attack the 6 HP infantry with the recon, and the battle copter with the anti-air for Power. Build for Technique if needed. (I'm not sure right now, but I might have only lost two units. I think I did, and only the tank and B-Copter on Day 7 destroyed anything? In that case, you wouldn't need the surviving recon on Day 6.) Capture HQ and win.

Anyways! Now only Dire Range remains before I finally complete the War Room with Grimm!
Dragon Fogel,
Marquis Elmdor's Arch-Nemesis

Don't call me "Dragon".

WWN's War Room High Scores: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt
AW1 version: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:35 am

DONE!

Dire Range - Grimm - 11 days - 300

This was pretty much "keep reloading until Colin somehow doesn't build anything at the HQ that can hit your capturing infantry". On the winning run, he built a Fighter near there, but on the turn after that he built a Neotank and infantry over on the west side for some reason. Don't know why, but it doesn't matter; I managed to get my points.

For Power, I ended up hitting a weakened copter on the west side, a recon that headed for my HQ, and a T-Copter by sending one of my fighters into the middle of the map. For Technique, I only lost two units, and probably could have avoided one of those.

In any case: yay! I finally cleared the entire War Room with Grimm!
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

WWN's War Room High Scores: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:51 am

Wow very nice and both in minimum time =O
Do you want to take a look at Little Lion? There are many COs which could do it as fast as Sami (and Sensei) in 2.5 but didnt get a 10-10 cap yet.
Koal/Adder with day 7 SCOP and Money COs (!) thanks D1 or D2 S Inf and north APCs.

george_the_greek

Post by george_the_greek » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:56 am

I thought this would be the right topic to post this in. I've done searches on the forum and haven't quite found what I'm looking for. I just have a question about how the power score is calculated in War Room maps. Is it based on damage dealt in funds? Is it based on percentage of enemy units destroyed? Is it based instead on destroying a certain number of units in one turn? Could it be any one of these, depending on the map?

Reason I ask is because earlier today I tackled Terra Maw and might have gotten an S if not for a really low power score. It baffled me because I've never had trouble with the power score in the past and I destroyed most of the enemy army before capturing Sonja's HQ (with Kanbei, haha). My technique and time scores were both over 90, so if I had gotten a high power score like I usually do, I might have gotten the S.

I'm not a perfectionist with this game, I will settle for just achieving an S on most maps. So I'm not the best player who's ever played, ha, nowhere near it. I just like seeing pages of playable maps with :s: symbols next to them. This time I had to settle for an :a: , but I'll be back!

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:29 pm

Power is based on the number of enemy units destroyed in one turn. This includes units you destroy on counterattacks (rare as that is), but not air or sea units that run out of fuel.

Basically, you need to destroy 1/10th of the total enemy units in one turn, rounded up. (That's the total at the end of the map, not the total when you destroy however many units.)
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

george_the_greek

Post by george_the_greek » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:16 am

So, as an example, just to make sure I actually understand this: if I capture the enemy's HQ and the enemy had deployed 50 units over the course of the whole battle prior to losing their HQ (regardless of how many units were surviving at the time of the HQ capture, whether there were 5 or 25 or 45 left), I must have, at some point, destroyed 5 enemy units in one turn to achieve a 100 in power?

Sorry if that's a little confusing or convoluted...

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:24 am

^that’s precisely it

SJCrew

Post by SJCrew » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:33 am

I've been grinding War Room for the past week with no external aid whatsoever and I still can't beat Last Mission without a terrible technique score or some "capture the HQ with Sami" technique I haven't figured out (Nell will build an anti-air right away and whatever she builds on her base will just gang up on the lone infantry. I really don't want to tour the War Room with Sami anyway.

I'm taking a break from all that and just Kanbei/Sonja touring the War Room with skills on. It's like letting Mewtwo play in OU for a day. It feels so good.

EDIT: Fortress Isle in 4 days. I just marched two infantry to the HQs and they couldn't do anything about it because Kanbei had like 150%. Suck it, Advance Wars.
Hi, I play DoR PM me for a match.

PSN: the_sjcrew

Playing: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Friend me if you want to join my lobbies and/or compete!

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:53 am

My basic strategy for Last Mission was "swarm Nell's HQ with T-Copters and mess around until something works". I think I generally used a fighter to help in luring the AAs away, too.

I never quite managed to write out a full strategy despite beating it with... 24 COs, I think?
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

SJCrew

Post by SJCrew » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:45 pm

The one thing that usually manages to trip me up is Technique. I always try to lose a very minimal amount of units, or else I end the map no matter how close I am to beating it. 298s and 299s aren't doing anything for me anymore.

Playing: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Friend me if you want to join my lobbies and/or compete!

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:13 am

Well, Technique is based on the number of units lost out of the total number you build. If you lose a lot, the main issue is the 50-unit limit.

Which you can easily get around on Last Mission (provided you have control of the map) because you can make Black Bombs. Detonate on a pile of infantry, join them together, hey look, you can build more units.
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:55 am

Dragon Fogel wrote:Which you can easily get around on Last Mission (provided you have control of the map) because you can make Black Bombs. Detonate on a pile of infantry, join them together, hey look, you can build more units.
that’s a nice strategy, I never thought about it

SJCrew

Post by SJCrew » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:07 pm

Hey, remember when I said I was struggling to beat Last Mission?

I picked Eagle. Nevermind.

DxDyDzD

Post by DxDyDzD » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:12 pm

New high score.
Silo Nation Kanbei 7/300
I managed 7/300 with all the other COs as well.
Basically 2 APC rush, it took me a long time to figure that out because I always went 1 APC + 1 Recon/Tank. The only Recon you build is to decoy the enemy Recon away from its HQ so that you can kill it for Power and keep your capturing inf safe.

Code: Select all

D1:
Build infs in NW & S.

D2:
S Inf 1N 1E, cap.
Build APC in NE.

D3:
Finish cap.
NW inf 3E, load, APC 6E, drop N.
Build APC in NE.
Save.

Enemy D3:
Recon must move 3S 5W.

D4:
Road inf 1N 2E, attack inf.
Road APC 1N 2E.
City inf 3N, load, APC 6E, drop N.
Build Recon in NE.

Enemy D4:
Art must move 1S 3W.

Day 5:
10HP Inf 2E, load, APC 1S 5E, drop E.
Other APC 3E.
Recon 1N 4E.
Damaged inf attack inf OR move 1S.
Build Mechs in NW & NE.
Save.

Enemy Day 5:
West APC must not be attacked from E.

Day 6:
Cap HQ, use APCs to cover inf N & W.

If Recon attacked NW Mech:
NE Mech 1S 1E.
Recon 2S 4W.

If Recon attacked NE Mech:
Recon 2S 3W, attack Recon.
Damaged Mech 1E.
NW Mech 2E.

Build Mech NE.

Day 7:
Destroy both Recons.
Build 2 units.
Cap HQ.

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:55 am

Great :)
Also nice to see you back.

fcastro

Post by fcastro » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:33 am

Nice job DxDyDzD! By the way, I have very recently discovered what DxDyDzD means! ;)

Also btw, new (perhaps useless) stuff was found about the game mechanics. AI estimates our mech as costing 4500G (while his mech is still 3000G). It is similar to what we knew that our inf is 2000G and our mega 56000G (or maybe 224000G :p).

We also knew already that when the estimated AI attack is less than 11% or when the estimated counter is more than 69%, the estimated attack must be 4 times the counter. This allows 0.1 hp units to suicide very well, for example 0.1 hp recon (with 110 attack) VS bcop: 2% of bcop is 180G, 1% of recon is 40G. This was the case in the new Turn Survival 16-day strategy of STL, who wonderfully killed my old record (I still have to update the Survival thread btw XD).

However, it seems that the value of the units can be modified in the process. For example AI inf estimating less than 11% will estimate our inf, mech and mega at their real values (1, 3 and 28K). I have no clue why, and moreover AI mech also has very strange behaviour (he seems to estimate inf as being 1500G, ofc only when dealing less than 11% still). But this seems to have absolutely no application...

Anyway, congrats again for the Kanbei score (and also congrats again to stl for the Turn Survival score :))

edit: got Sole and Ridge 2.5 with Kanbei! :) But only imperfect Ridge with Grit, I have to lose 2 units...

DxDyDzD

Post by DxDyDzD » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:11 pm

Congrats on your Kanbei scores.

Silo Nation 7/300 all except Kanbei
Surprisingly Grit and Grimm have no trouble following this strat; like Kanbei's strat, the recon is only used to lure the enemy Recon near your bases and to sacrifice itself to the enemy Tank.

Code: Select all

D1:
Build infs in all bases.

D2:
NE inf 3E.
Build APC in NE base.
NW Inf 3E, load.
S Inf 1N 1E, cap.
Build infs in all bases.

D3:
Finish cap.
S Inf 1N 1W, cap.
NW Inf 1S.
APC 6E, drop N.
Build APC in NE base.
Save.

Enemy D3:
Recon must go 3S 5W.

D4:
Finish cap.
City Inf 2N.
NE Inf 1N 2E, attack inf.
Plains inf 3E, load, APC 1N 2E, drop W.
Base APC 6E.
Build infs NW & S, Recon NE.

Enemy D4:
Art ust move 1S 3W.

D5:
10HP Road Inf 1E, load, APC 1S 5E, drop E.
Other APC 3E.
Damaged base inf 1N 2W, join NW base inf.
City Inf 1N.
E plains Inf 2S.
Recon 5E.
Build inf NW, Mechs NE & S.
Save.

Enemy D5:
APC next to art must not be attacked from E.

D6:
Cap HQ.
Cover capping inf with APCs.
NE Mech 1S 1E.
Recon 1N 3E OR 1S 5W.

If Recon attacked Mech:
City Inf 2W, hit Recon.
Inf 1E of HQ 3S, hit Recon.
Join infs 1N of injured infs to them.
Mech 1S 1W.
NW Inf 1S.

If Recon attacked inf:
S Mech 1N, hit Recon.
City inf 1S 2W, hit Recon. Join inf 1N 1W of it.
Base Inf 3S.
If possible, inf 1E of HQ 1S 1E, join

Build inf NW, Mechs NE & S.

Enemy D6:
If Recon moved 1N 3E: Tank kill Recon. 1S 5W: Tank kill APC.

D7:
Kill both Recons.
Build 3 units.
Cap HQ.
On enemy D6 the tank may move first or last. If it moves first your Recon should go 1N 3E to sacrifice itself; if it moves last your Recon should retreat and let the Tank kill your APC instead (your capping inf is safe because the enemy infs cannot kill your APCs, and the tank moves last so nothing else can attack your infs once your covering APC is destroyed).

Hopefully this can help with Ridge Island Grit 6/300. Somehow :)

fcastro

Post by fcastro » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:34 pm

Guess what it worked! :D After reading your post I thought about late tank, and it was the key for Grit's success.

Ridge 2.5 is much easier than what I remembered! If ever you have trouble getting it, here are some tips, I guess it should be enough for you:

South way must be used, if you can kill rocket with both recon and inf (f.e. with Kanbei) it is great because AI will then rebuild art and "cover" your cap, else with weak COs like Grit 2 hp rocket goes back to HQ and a mech blocks your way; it is killed with inf and D3 AA. Late tank is needed for tech because t D4 he must come to the south for being lured at D5 by a second AA, else he will always kill the first injured AA. Note that without late tank, I tried to lure him away from 1 hp AA with D4 mech, but he ignored it; while in VS mode he prefers mech over 1 hp AA. Dont know why...

ALAKTORN

Post by ALAKTORN » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:28 am

“Note that without late tank, I tried to lure him away from 1 hp AA with D4 mech, but he ignored it; while in VS mode he prefers mech over 1 hp AA. Dont know why...”

have you tried different AI settings?

fcastro

Post by fcastro » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:24 am

Right I tried offensive setting and AA was preferred. So we now know the difference between normal and offensive setting!
And so apparently AI setting is offensive in War Room (it cannot be "very offensive" since this mode doesn't apply the 69% rule).

Slazzy

Post by Slazzy » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:14 am

There is an error in your mial's hope guide. Day 1 builds/base locations are wrong. Please, can you correct it?

SJCrew

Post by SJCrew » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:01 pm

0_o Didn't realize the record for Rachel on Sole Harbor was so slow. Add mine, please:

16 days, forgot how I did it. It had something to do with Covering Fire being cheap on small to medium-sized maps though.

I actually forgot how I did most of these, so I'll edit some more in as I find them.

Toil Ferry - 15 days with Sasha; you guys were exceptionally slow here!

Egg Islands - 22 days w/Hawke

Lost Basin - 23 days w/ Hawke

Rivers Four - 18 days w/Jess; not a new record, but just adding my name is fine.

Ring Islands - 22 days w/ Sasha; I actually thought she was the easiest one to do this with, so the high score surprised me. Basically, anyone with an annoying/mass damage SCOP forces my hand to Sasha. I will not watch my units get half-eaten.

Stamp Islands - 21 days w/Sasha

Risky Vale - 14 days w/Kindle