Advice to Newcomers

Talk about Advance Wars DS. Debate, laugh, cry, argue about everything to do with our favourite tag game here.
Post Reply
revivingadvancewars

Advice to Newcomers

Post by revivingadvancewars » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:53 am

* During first few turns, build several Infantry, APC and then maybe Recon if the map has roads.
* Capture the cities/factories in the middle first. You can get the ones nearby your HQ later. Don't overextend past the middle though.
* Build lots of infantry because they're cheap, they capture, and are used as meatshields that can bait enemies into vulnerability.

User avatar
Sven

Re: Advice to Newcomers

Post by Sven » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:01 am

i relly like ur advices! but i dont like infantry very much, i like the neotranks more! how do u like neotranks?!

i dont like apcs because they cant attack. bombers are a lot better

revivingadvancewars

Re: Advice to Newcomers

Post by revivingadvancewars » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:27 am

well, in order to build more neotanks and bombers, you need to capture enough cities to fund them.

so , you go buy your neotank and bomber while i capture cities. then, i'll have a whole fleet of them while you just have one.

User avatar
Sven

Re: Advice to Newcomers

Post by Sven » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:47 am

maps start with a lot of money u dont need to build lots of infantrys!

i always beat the computer with bombers sometimes i have more than 20!

User avatar
Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Hydrocarbon Inspector
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163
Location: 0x020232DD
Contact:

Re: Advice to Newcomers

Post by Xenesis » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:46 pm

Be nice, Sven.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

AnonymousPerson

Re: Advice to Newcomers

Post by AnonymousPerson » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:16 am

Like you're capable of that?

User avatar
Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Master of Fiction
Contact:

Re: Advice to Newcomers

Post by Linkman » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:58 am

...why do you insist on being anonymous? Half the dudes here have mod powers, you know that.

In fact, if we annoy you so much, why do you keep coming back?
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

User avatar
AzureTranquility

Re: Advice to Newcomers

Post by AzureTranquility » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:05 pm

Stealth Fighters can be potentially broken. Pair a Stealth with an APC, hide the Stealth, and you have an invincible unit provided the enemy doesn't use their own Stealths or Fighters.

AnonymousPerson

Re: Advice to Newcomers

Post by AnonymousPerson » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:16 pm

Linkman wrote:...why do you insist on being anonymous? Half the dudes here have mod powers, you know that.
Linkman wrote:Half the dudes here have mod powers.
Linkman wrote:Half the dudes here have mod powers.
Ah, to have powers people can only dream of that let you think you can see stuff, and not see the obvious.

If half the people here have mod powers, it is because this community is basically DEAD. At most, it's on life support. And it deserves it given how cruel you have proven to be. You have flung insults from out of nowhere again and again and AGAIN, all in the name of your filthy elitism, and then you have refused to answer for your own actions in a hypocritical, teeth-gnashing manner given that you're just thinking you can hide behind power.

You're just scumbags. The end.

User avatar
Sven

Re: Advice to Newcomers

Post by Sven » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:36 pm

power is pretty cool

and you can't have any!

thanks for the rank!

User avatar
Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Master of Fiction
Contact:

Re: Advice to Newcomers

Post by Linkman » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:49 pm

Linkman wrote:In fact, if we annoy you so much, why do you keep coming back?
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

User avatar
Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Hydrocarbon Inspector
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163
Location: 0x020232DD
Contact:

Re: Advice to Newcomers

Post by Xenesis » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:59 pm

Sorry Juigi, you're not some brave hero of the internet fighting the evil injustice of WWN, no matter how much you'd like to see yourself as it.

Linky: Guess the Kid Icarus or Fire Emblem community got bored of him or something?
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

User avatar
DieselPheonix

Re: Advice to Newcomers

Post by DieselPheonix » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:41 am

I was scratching my memory banks trying to think of someone who could despise WWN and came up with no one, which I suppose is close enough.

GipFace
Rank: Lord of Children Games

Re: Advice to Newcomers

Post by GipFace » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:31 am

I wanna be a filthy elitist too

Actually put me down as "Lord of Children's Games"

User avatar
Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Hydrocarbon Inspector
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163
Location: 0x020232DD
Contact:

Re: Advice to Newcomers

Post by Xenesis » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:53 am

GipFace wrote:I wanna be a filthy elitist too

Actually put me down as "Lord of Children's Games"
You could always change your Forum Title to that :P
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

User avatar
Satel

Re: Advice to Newcomers

Post by Satel » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:02 pm

Just like I did... Before I was The Voice, but you see, that was before the TV program of the same name started prime-time'ing in France.

Now I'm the Leader of the Back Hole Army. (yes I shortened it xD)
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

AnonymousPerson

Re: Advice to Newcomers

Post by AnonymousPerson » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:03 am

Wow. Is that your continued response? To make nothing but degenerate comments? And don't even claim I derailed the thread when you decided to nonchalantly attack a newbie like it's something to be proud of. Not that your rudeness wouldn't have been preferable to THIS. You can't even try to provide advice to newcomers, even if it would have been stupid advice like "zomg have bombers bomb everything"? My God have you dumped your pride for a few ill-gotten laughs.

I take it back. You're not filthy elitists. You're just hypocritical scumbags.

User avatar
Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Hydrocarbon Inspector
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163
Location: 0x020232DD
Contact:

Re: Advice to Newcomers

Post by Xenesis » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:08 am

Lol, rotating the insults again. I think it's been about 2-3 years since you've called us hypocrites? Perhaps I need to dig through the IRC logs for your drive by neanderthal insults. :)

Honestly, it doesn't matter. You've decided that you hate us because we don't hang off and adore your every word and agree with what you think Advance Wars should be. You've been given numerous offers over the years to show what you want to show, there's more than enough tools, advice and experience here on the forum to let you make your dream Advance Wars, but you'd rather just throw tantrums instead of co-exist. You've been given 6 years to show that x unit is ridiculously overpowered in AW4, you never took up the gauntlet. If things really are as you say, you should have been able to single-handedly crush GipFace, Sneetch, myself and everyone who regularly lives in the IRC. You've had over a decade with the other games in the series to seriously have a chance to demonstrate anything you want if you tried.

If you want to be taken seriously, do something worth being taken serious. Until that time, people are just going to continue to dismiss your ideas. So yes, that's my continued response.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

GipFace
Rank: Lord of Children Games

Re: Advice to Newcomers

Post by GipFace » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:51 am

Sven's advice is actually spot-on.

APCs suck because they can't attack. In Dual Strike, building an APC means you just forgone your first tank.

Also Juigi didn't play us because we didn't play Game Boy Wars 3 with him

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest