Fuel Glitch – How does it work?

Talk about Advance Wars DS. Debate, laugh, cry, argue about everything to do with our favourite tag game here.
ALAKTORN

Fuel Glitch – How does it work?

Post by ALAKTORN » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:17 am

Help request. Does anybody here know how to use the fuel glitch, in all its possible ways with all its possible outcomes (is there just 1?), or understands why the game glitches the way it does?

If we could load the Inf into APC on Time Survival map 10 without using even 1 unit of fuel, we would be able to save 1 in-game second when dropping the Inf because then the APC has nothing to Supply (which wastes time). Maybe it’s not possible to do this with the fuel glitch, but I’m still interested in knowing how it works.

Edit: Sven told me how it works somewhat. Trying to explain: basically you just have to do a diagonal movement with either DPad or stylus from a “neutral” cursor position. So like for a Tank, you leave the cursor at 3S, then press Down+Right then A or touch that square with stylus and the movement will only cost 2 fuel, independent of how much it should’ve cost.

Anybody else got something to add?

2017y/03m/12d edit: The path can’t be redrawn though, so going full movement (such as 6N with a BC) will cancel out the glitch.
Last edited by ALAKTORN on Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Fuel Glitch – How does it work?

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:07 am

I might've been the 1st to discover this.

Zebastian

Re: Fuel Glitch – How does it work?

Post by Zebastian » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:14 pm

I learned through this forum as well.