So, this game is ten years old.

Talk about Advance Wars DS. Debate, laugh, cry, argue about everything to do with our favourite tag game here.
Dragonite

So, this game is ten years old.

Post by Dragonite » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:16 am

I remember when it was released well. September 30th, but that's later then the NA release anyway. Didn't have a DS but my friend did and only had gotten superficial explaining about AW2 from him, but we both got exited to play it regardless. It felt then(and now to be honest), as a candybox of shiny design and options(It's a lot like Brawl in that regard for me).

Time's weird. The WW triology has released in a span of four years, and more then double that has passed already.

Edit: odd writing faillure strikes again. Did leave half a sentence for some odd reason(AKA I'm tired)
Last edited by Dragonite on Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

scraggypunk

Re: So, this game is ten years old.

Post by scraggypunk » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:38 am

rip dead series. too silly and colourful to exist in this super serious diluted graybrown video game world
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Satel

Post by Satel » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:27 am

It was around the time of the release that i got my reintroduction to this series. You know, when i started actually understanding what i did.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:54 am

The first game was *such* a leap forward from the GameBoy Wars and Super Famicom Wars. In art, in content, and design. Both 2 and Dual Strike didn't make such a big leap :/ it's like they were afraid to mess it up (they did).

It's no coincidence the series dwindled in both sales and interest.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:48 am

I like how there's barely any gap at all between AW1,AW2 and DoR.

DS was such a weird game, plus I think ti really suffered from launching before Mario Kart DS and thus before Nintendo Wifi Connection online multiplayer. That really stunted the appeal it could have had.

Although being VGChartz, I'd consider all of those numbers ±20% anyway.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:06 pm

awds is the best one cause jake is in it
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france