War Room High Scores & Strategy

Talk about Advance Wars DS. Debate, laugh, cry, argue about everything to do with our favourite tag game here.
fcastro

Re: War Room High Scores & Strategy

Post by fcastro » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:51 am

Well Imo it's clearly impossible but u can check once again.
As I posted recently Jugger's killing rate in Risky 2.0 is 1 to 296 and he's very often attacked, so he's still under the 500. Since FI is banned "allowed luck" is the next insane map, I'm 99% sure Javier has a human strat for Spann, so for now the limit is Pivot 1.5 and I wish we could reduce it. =)

Edit: I math'd Risky 2.0 Jugger attack rate at 39% so it'd be a 1 to 758, let's say 1 to 800 with the other stuff XD.

DxDyDzD

Post by DxDyDzD » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:55 pm

I think Kanbei is possible for Megalopolis. I have a strategy which gets the APC attacked 3 times: once by an Infantry on forest (min 9 damage), once by an Infantry on roads (min 12 damage) and once by a Mech on roads (min 72 damage). If the enemy Kanbei rolls min luck all 3 times, the APC will survive and a 2-day capture is possible.
My strat:
D1: APC in N base.
D2: Infantry in N base.
D3: Tank in S base. Enemy Recon goes SW, Megatank goes W.
D4: Tank in S base. On this day the first APC attack occurs. It's possible to get no visible damage, i.e. 9% only.
D5: Recon in S base, Infantry in N base. On this day the second Infantry attack occurs, your HP will be 8 at best. If it's 7 then you have no hope. The Neotank must move 1S.
D6: Recon in S base, Infantry in N base. Both your Tanks will be used to lure the Rockets and Neotank. On this day the last attack occurs (by a Mech), hopefully your APC will survive. If it does, the Mech will block additional enemies from attacking your Infantry.
D7: Win, The Power score is gotten by destroying 2 Infantries, or maybe an Infantry and a Recon.

edit: YES!!! Kanbei Megalopolis 7/300!!! I've finally perfected it with all COs!
http://s885.photobucket.com/albums/ac51/DxDyDzD/
Check my photobucket for proof: Power is gotten by destroying the Recon and Infantry. Amazingly, no units were lost due to Kanbei's high defense.
Last edited by DxDyDzD on Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:19 pm

Amazing O_o

fcastro

Post by fcastro » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:54 pm

Un-believable O_o

DxDyDzD

Post by DxDyDzD » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:14 pm

Thank you gentlemen. If you want to figure it out yourself, here are some tips: you need 1 APC, 1 Infantry (obviously) and 2 Tanks for the capture. The Tanks help manipulate the AI (first Tank causes a Rockets build, second Tank stops an Infantry build) and they're fed to Rockets and a Neo when their job is done. For Power I used 2 Infantry and 2 Recons, but it may be possible to improve on this...one of the Recons had to kill a 4HP Recon (damage read 31%), but luckily my Tank had hurt the enemy Recon enough for the kill.
If you don't, here is the D2D:

Code: Select all

Day 1:
Build an APC in the northeast base.
Day 2:
Move the APC 3E.
Build an Infantry in the northeast base.
Save.
Day 3:
Move the APC 4E.
Build a Tank in the southeast base.
Kanbei Day 3:
His Megatank must move west.
His Recon must move southwest, through the bottom lane.
Day 4:
Move the APC 3S.
Move the Tank 4E.
Build a Tank in the east base.
Save.
Kanbei Day 4:
His Infantry will attack your APC. You should not take any visible damage.
Day 5:
Save.
Move the eastmost Tank 3E and attack the Recon.
Move the other Tank 1S 4E.
Move the APC 1N 3E. Drop the Infantry east.
Build an Infantry in the northeast base.
Build a Recon in the southeast base.
Kanbei Day 5:
His Neotank must move 1S. (Restart the map if this does not happen. Otherwise, do not overwrite your Day 5 save until you win.)
Day 6:
Move the Infantry near the HQ 3E and start capturing Kanbei’s HQ.
Move the APC 3E.
Move the eastmost Tank 1N 2E.
Move the other Tank 3E.
Move the other Infantry 3E and attack the Infantry.
Move the Recon 3E and attack the Infantry.
Build a Recon in the northeast base.
Kanbei Day 6:
Your APC must survive.
Both your Tanks should survive, if one is destroyed, build units until you have 10 on the next day.
Day 7:
Move the Infantry near the northeast base 1S 1E and attack the Infantry.
Destroy the Infantry with the Recon on the northeast base.
Destroy the Recon with your other Recon.
Finish capturing Kanbei’s HQ.

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:29 pm

The map which was supposed to be the hardest map is now beaten in minimum time by every CO!
That leaves 1,5, we already ruled it out, but we didn´t believe a second in Kanbei either. So will/could u try 1,5 in 6 days with Sensei/Javier or Sensei/Sami or Colin/Sensei even? Maybe u find a fresh idea on it.

DxDyDzD

Post by DxDyDzD » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:54 pm

I find maps with chokepoints harder, like Ridge Island and Long Road. For Megalopolis there are chokepoints, but they are easily unblocked when the Rockets moves to the bottom lane. I still haven't completed Long Road yet...facing 2 Recons right off the bat is too much for me, especially when I'm using Sami (90% Tank attack).
The theory behind 1.5 is that Sensei gives a transport boost and the other CO (Javier/Sami) gets the capture, right? One problem I forsee is that my strategy uses the Rockets to shield my Infantry. In 6 days I can't use that unless I can charge Sami's SCOP to capture in 1 turn (i.e. never). The other problem is that my strategy does not require you to capture towers, so Javier might have to be dropped. In fact I don't think I can capture the towers in time to receive the boost. In short, I don't have a lot of experience with the 2.0/No Bonus 6 day strategy, perhaps you could share it?
I think the skill set is like this, am I right?
Normal COs: APC Boost, 2 defense skills, capture +2 (or 1 defense skill and capture +1, +2)
Kanbei: APC boost, 2 money skills, capture +2

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:05 pm

I don´t remember the 2,0 strat, it wasn´t hard to find but we surely used Woods=1. I think for 1,5 there was a position prob w/o Woods=1, the AI never opened the way. So even if i would remember the 2,0 strat it wouldn´t help at all for 1,5.

Long Road isn´t hard, if u use Sami. The 9 day strat was cool, keep ur APC out of Recon range and the Enemy Recons will keep out of ur Recon range so APC way is free.

DxDyDzD

Post by DxDyDzD » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:24 am

The woods mp=1 was used to move the APC further and influence the AI movement, like Kita Staight with Sensei, right? If so, I don't have high hopes for 6 days without skills since no CO has innate woods mp=1. I tried 1.5 and the APC keps blocking the middle lane, for the 7 day win this wouldn't be a problem because it moves out the next turn.
I got Bounty River 13/300 with Sami and 14/300 with Kanbei (hooray for Samurai Spirit), maybe I'll try Eagle next.

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:00 pm

Kita is a different thing as we need APC +2 to reach, on Mega we can reach with just Sensei, but not a good position to get a open way it seems.

On Bounty the quest is to find early ways to charge, Eagle might be able to get 12 days on 2,0 or even 2,5.

DxDyDzD

Post by DxDyDzD » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:29 pm

The idea is the same for Kita and Mega: the APC/Black Boat position manipulates the AI, right?

Bounty: You mean try to get 2 COPs as Eagle? It looks impossible on 2.5, by Day 9 I have these units:
2 Infantry (0.8)*, 3 APCs (3.0), 1 Lander (1.4), 1 Submarine (2.0), 1 Black Boat (1.2) and maybe a Mech that has taken 4 damage (0.24). I have 1 other Mech that is uninjured. Adding them up gives enough to double COP, but the hard part is letting them get attacked and maintain Technique at the same time. The Lander is the main difficulty: usually only a Tank, maybe with a Neotank, can attack it, so it takes little damage from the attacks.
My strategy is to send 2 Mechs through the mountains on the west side to capture the port, using 2 APCs to speed up their movement. I build another APC and 2 Infantry and send them to capture the port and city east of my HQ. Once that is done I build a Lander and load 2 APCs with Infantry, then load the APCs onto the Lander. The Lander then drops off the APCs onto the shoals northeast of my bases to feed them to the enemy forces in the area and charge my SCOP. Once the northwestern port is captured I build a Black Boat and load both Mechs, then I build a Submarine to kill any stray Landers or Black Boats (and is later fed to a Cruiser to charge my SCOP). From then on I just charge SCOP and move my Black Boat towards the HQ. I haven't been able to manipulate the AI into not building land units near its HQ, so I always need a SCOP that makes me invincible/gives me a 1-turn capture.
The only idea I have is to use Black Boats to repair damaged units (it's faster than buying new units) and to luck abuse for Jugger so that he does max damage to your units, charging your COP faster. If there is a way to force an early Rockets build in the middle base, it might be easier to charge COP since you can put Recons 5S of the base.

*typing in 8 then ) gives me a smiley, I don't know how to deactivate this.

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:51 pm

Mega 1,5 has nothing to do with Kita 2,0, it can be compared to Nest Egg 2,5 with Colin and Toil Ferry 1,5 with Sensei/Sami where we can reach but the Ai prevents ur win by moving bad cause of our position.

Bounty, yeah it´s about 2 Eagle´s COP, Fidel got 13/300 on 2,5 with 2 COP while 1 would be enough.
First off ur charge numbers are wrong, APC is worth 0,8 Lander 1,2, Sub 1,8, Black Boat 1,0.
Yeah it looks very hard to charge Day 9 and Day 10 COP, indeed we can have early Rockets (Day 5 or 6) East and charge with Recons.
So if we capture the south Port early we can iirc send 4 Recons to middle Isle with Eagle´s Day 9 COP, but it´s not sure that a Tank is there, at least it´s great that Jugger is Enemy. I wouldn´t worry about Tech or even the free cap yet.
A 2nd APC for the Mechs is not needed btw, use the Day 2 APC rather for an Inf to capture the south port.

fcastro

Post by fcastro » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:14 pm

Lol Mega 1.5 looks like general Kita 2.5 ( if we wanna copy the strat with Sensei), and also like Nest 2.5 with Colin. However these two have very few possible moves whereas Mega could get surprises with "forgotten" stupid moves leading to AI's strange reaction. Also, in Bounty River we never really tried to manip AI with buildings, as it looked so boring... But maybe you can find a great idea there. Indeed AI can sometimes send you some units like Tanks near to your HQ, the question is what is the soonest day to get that...
STL, I may have a go to Risky Duo, anything to add to your cyberscore's posts about it?

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:26 pm

fcastro wrote:Lol Mega 1.5 looks like general Kita 2.5 ( if we wanna copy the strat with Sensei), and also like Nest 2.5 with Colin.
In Kita 2,5 we can´t reach 1 day faster, so what do u mean?
fcastro wrote:STL, I may have a go to Risky Duo, anything to add to your cyberscore's posts about it?
2 Words: Good luck :wink:

fcastro

Post by fcastro » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:40 am

In Kita 2.5 with Sensei I killed a Tank on little island because thx his boost, AI played differently.
And very good news!!! I think I found a strat with Koal which doesnt really require luck, the only open question is if AI 6/7 hp inf will prefer attacking a base mech over COPing road 8 hp inf. During my play I had a 7 hp inf and he was attacked over mech... :(

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:48 am

You guys are freaking amazing. I'm going to have to go through this later and see if I can pull the walkthroughs off.

Do you mind if we add them to the site?
What can change the nature of a man?

DxDyDzD

Post by DxDyDzD » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:59 pm

edit: All my Bounty River achievements: Sami 13/300, Andy, Lash, Kanbei 14/300
I managed to force the AI to build a Md. Tank near the HQ and dropped two Mechs there. The first Mech was killed while the second captured the HQ in 2 days under the influence of Prime Tactics. My main problem is that the AI loves to build land units when I drop the Mechs off. Hence, I have to use COs who give large defense/healing/capture bonuses (Lash, Kanbei, Andy, Sami). Looks like I still have a long way to go before trying Eagle.
I may try Drake next, since his SCOP causes Fog of War and Md. Tanks only have 1 vision. It'll be harder because Jugger must not have an Infantry or Submarine near the HQ, as those can reveal the capturing Mech.
@DTK: I'm fine with my walkthroughs on the site, in fact I have already sent them by email. Incidentally, swifty wrote guides for Land's End 9, Dire Range 11 and Fortress Isle 6 in this topic, but now that he's gone, it may not be right to put them on the main site without his explicit permission. However, since he already revealed the strategy, I don't think it would matter if it was found in the forums or the main site.
Last edited by DxDyDzD on Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:22 pm

You sent them in? I'd have to check.
What can change the nature of a man?

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:55 am

DxDyDzD wrote: I may try Drake next, since his SCOP causes Fog of War and Md. Tanks only have 1 vision. It'll be harder because Jugger must not have an Infantry or Submarine near the HQ, as those can reveal the capturing Mech.
In FoW u can always see ur own properties.

fcastro

Post by fcastro » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:12 am

Mmm are u sure u cant avoid getting units near HQ? 10-10 cap is possible in 13 days, so why not in 14. Anyway thats very good job. You should also take a look at Silo Nation maybe, for Kanbei.
I made Risky Duo 2.0 with Kanbei and 2.5 with Koal, it was unexpectedly fast while Koal's COP is tight to charge.

Risky Duo for Koal (works also for Adder)

D1: W mech, 3 infs.
D2: Mech caps south city for appealing Recon, S inf gets plain 8-6 against south east inf, E inf gets 10-1, N inf hits NW inf to 6 from road (in order to "cover" future W base mech) and is countered to 8 or high 7. Build W, S mech and infs.
D2 enemy: Here's a good situation, but other can work: North road injured inf gets 3-7 (3-6 is better but rare), north base inf gets 5-8, W base mech gets 7-6 (7-5 is better), W city mech gets 6-5 from Recon, S road inf gets 8-0, and E base inf gets 7-6 (or 6-7?)
D3: In north front suicide your 3 hp inf in 6/7 inf, reattack the other inf with base inf, get a 5-3 (or 4-4 if u're very lucky), in south front kill the Recon, and now here's the problem of the mech. Here the conditions to win are unclear since east inf must attack future base mech instead of one of your infs. Besides if you first attack from east plain with road inf (to free the road), and then from north road with base inf, AI will ignore them for sure but then it will be too hard to charge and kill the mech I think. But in my success run I made 2-8 from east, 5-4 from west and 0-9 from road and fortunately 6 hp enemy inf prefered attacking the mech! :)

Btw STL, what COs did u make in 2.0? Maybe AI will play weirdly against some COs like Grimm...

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:56 am

Very nice^^ Now will u try Sasha?

And don´t worry i made Grimm for real.

fcastro

Post by fcastro » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:33 am

Nah I let u Sasha =P
For Kanbei 2.0 I note that our strats were lightly different, I built 3 infs and 1 mech at d2 (whereas u built another mech to kill the recon), indeed very low hp mech and 2 infs are enough to kill the recon (even 1 inf in my run! ) and I guess Recon plays more nicely when there's no 10 hp mech around.
Btw, do u think ur Kanbei 2.0 strat can be followed by Grimm in 2.5? :o Ofc mech would be killed but it's still possible to get perfect Tech no?
Also, can u explain ur insane Sonja's strat?

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:12 am

Grimm 2,5, are u kidding? XD Kanbei´s 2,0 was only possible cause of his high Defense and Grimm has the lowest.
For Sonja there´s no strat, the point was just that she can kill Enemy Tank with 2 Mechs.

DxDyDzD

Post by DxDyDzD » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:52 pm

-STL- wrote: In FoW u can always see ur own properties.
Whoops, I overlooked that. For the 13 day Eagle strat, how do you avoid land units being built near the HQ? Is it just pure luck?
I don't feel like trying Silo Nation because the top screen wastes time. I haven't had success in figuring out the all-CO strat either.
I think I might try to recreate swifty's Mial's Hope 7/300 with Adder/Koal/Eagle/Sensei/Andy. Or Fortress Isle 6/300 with 21 COs.

fcastro

Post by fcastro » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:30 pm

DxDyDzD wrote: the top screen wastes time
You are allowed to play DS maps in 1.5 for saving time =P.

And for Bounty River 13 no idea if it's luck or manip, but iirc usual tips like "build a tank to manip AI" werent known at that time so it looks like there's big room. Also, iirc there were units near HQ (maybe an inf) but 2nd mech helped to cover.
When playing Bounty u may have noticed that sometimes AI sents units to ur HQ very early, what was the earliest u got?

DxDyDzD

Post by DxDyDzD » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:15 pm

Oh, right. You can yield in 1.5 and just deal with the bottom screen, right? I suppose Kanbei doesn't switch to Sonja.
The AI never sent units to my HQ early, usually it was around 3 days before my win i.e. day 11. It sent all sorts of things from Recons to Artillery to Neotanks. Preferably, it sent a high-damage unit so that I can charge my SCOP.
On one occasion I managed to capture the base next to the captured port. Do you think this is useful? I don't think so, since you should be building sea units to manipulate the AI instead.

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:13 pm

Don´t yield on SIlo 1,5. Kanbei will swap to Sonja so the build order is changed and don´t forget the huge extra luck. Exactly this yieding allowed to charge Sami´s SCOP in 6 days which is impossible in 2,5.
Yeah Enemy Day 10/ My Day 11 is the earliest i got Neo/MD and or Tank to my HQ area. With it 1,5 Sami/Eagle TAG is charged. But for Eagle´s COPs we need an earlier Tank.

DxDyDzD

Post by DxDyDzD » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:53 pm

Ugh, Silo Nation is still too hard for me. The AI keeps building Infantry and I always get attacked even if I drop and start the first turn capture safely. I can get a safe capture as Sami but I'll lose 2 units so Technique isn't 300.
edit: Wow! I figured Fortress Isle 6/300 with bland COs!

AWDS War Room Guide-Fortress Isle
Enemy CO: Andy, Hawke
CO: Anyone except Grit, Colin, Sami, Jess, Max, Grimm. Lash is possible but not recommended.
Speed Limit (days): 20
Days: 6
Skills: None. 1 CO is used. (2.5x EXP mode)
Overview: Using 3 Tanks and a missile silo, manipulate Hawke to slow down his unit production by attacking from his bases. Clear the units around the base for an unhindered capture. For Andy, build a force of Recons accompanied by Infantry and a Tank and storm his HQ.
There are 2 different strategies. The first strategy involves destroying a 5HP Mech with a 6HP Tank, a normally impossible feat, but can be accomplished with an early COP (2 stars), late but powerful COP (3 stars), inherent attack boost, luck boost, healing, mass damage, or double turn. COs who fulfill these conditions are: Adder, Andy, Drake, Eagle, Flak, Hawke, Jugger, Nell, Olaf, Rachel, Sasha, Sensei, Sonja, Von Bolt. Lash is possible but requires a lot of luck in order not to KO the Tank on Day 3.
The second strategy involves sacrificing a Recon to get your COP early. Unfortunately, you will lose 3 units in the process. There is an ingenious way around this: once you capture Andy’s HQ, you may use his factories and airport. Use them to produce units for Technique. You will not have enough money to build 28 in total, but here is another ingenious way around it: join your Tanks at Hawke’s HQ. This funding boost will be enough to allow you to build 28 units exactly.
For the second strategy, a lot of luck is needed for the Day 3 Tank-Recon attack to end 10-5. You have been warned. Speaking of which, Rachel cannot use this strategy because the Recon repair would eat up too many of her funds.
Grit, Colin and Sami cannot follow this strategy because of reduced direct attack. Jess, Max, Grimm, Kanbei, and Kindle cannot either because of increased attack, which makes Hawke’s movements different. (And increased costs, in Kanbei’s case.) Note that Kindle and Kanbei have an alternative strategy.
In this guide, when I write 2 numbers in brackets (i.e. X-Y), X refers to how much HP your unit must have, while Y refers to how much HP the enemy unit must have.
The west base refers to the base near Hawke’s HQ. The north and east base refer to the bases near Andy’s HQ.
For full Power, you need to destroy 2 units in 1 day. Clearing the area around Hawke’s HQ on Day 5 gives you that already.
For full Technique, if you use the first strategy, you can lose 2 units, a Tank and a Recon. You can easily build 19 units due to the four bases near your HQ. If you use the second strategy, you can lose 3 units, a Tank, Recon and Artillery. You will have enough funds and bases to produce 28 units, enough for full Technique.
First strategy (Adder, Andy, Drake, Eagle, Flak, Hawke, Jugger, Lash, Nell, Olaf, Rachel, Sasha, Sensei, Sonja, Von Bolt)
Day 1:
Build a Tank in the west base.
Build a Recon in the north base.
Build an Infantry in the east base.
Day 2:
Hawke:
Move the Tank 6S and attack Hawke’s east Infantry (10-5). (Lash: Move 5S 1E and attack instead. Sonja: Save before attacking.)
Andy:
Move the Infantry 3S.
Save, then move the Recon 2S 4E and attack Andy’s Infantry (10-5).
Build an Infantry in the north base.
Build a Recon in the east base.
(Lash: The healthy Infantry must not attack your Tank.)
Day 3:
Hawke:
Save.
Move the south Tank 1S 1E and attack Hawke’s Tank (8-6).
Move the other Tank 6S and attack Hawke’s Tank (10-1). (This part requires the most luck for Lash.)
Save.
Build an Infantry in the west base.
Andy:
Move the south Infantry 3S.
Move the other Infantry 2E 1S.
Move the middle Recon 1N 1W.
Move the south Recon 4N 1E and attack Andy’s Infantry.
Save.
Hawke Day 3:
Your Tank must survive after Hawke’s Mech and Tank attack it.
Andy Day 3:
He must attack your Recon on the city with his Tank.
Day 4:
(Adder, Sasha, Sensei: Activate your COP now).
Hawke:
Move the south Infantry on Andy’s side 3S and fire the silo. Target Hawke’s injured Tank as the centre.
Save.
Attack Hawke’s Tank with your healthy Tank (10-2, 9-2 if your COP is not activated or you are not Von Bolt).
Do not move the other Tank.
Move the Infantry 3S.
Build a Tank on the west base.
Andy:
Move the wounded Recon 2S.
Move the Infantry 1E. Do not capture the city.
Move the Recon on the neutral base 3W.
Move the Recon on the north base 3E.
Move the Tank 2N.
Save.
Hawke Day 4:
He attacks your healthy Tank with his Mech (Adder, Hawke, Sasha, Sensei, Von Bolt: 7-4).
He destroys your Tank with his base Tank.
He joins his Tanks.
Andy Day 4:
He must attack your Recons in the north with his Tanks. The Tanks must be positioned adjacent to each other.
Your Infantry must not be attacked.
Day 5:
Hawke:
(Andy, Drake, Flak, Jugger, Nell, Olaf, Rachel, Sonja: Activate your COP now. Hawke: Finish Andy's side, then activate your COP.)
Save.
Move the wounded Tank 1S 1E and destroy Hawke’s Mech. (Eagle: Wounding it is sufficient.)
Move the base Tank 5S 1E and destroy Hawke’s Tank. (Eagle: Wounding it is sufficient.)
Move the Infantry 3S and start capturing Hawke’s HQ.
Andy:
Move the north base Recon 5E 1S and destroy Andy’s Infantry.
Move the wounded Recon on the plains 1S 2E and join it.
Move the wounded Recon on the forest 4N 2E.
Move the other forest Recon 2N 4E.
Move the Tank 3N.
Move the Infantry near the HQ 3E and start capturing Andy’s HQ.
Do not move the other Infantries.
Build an Artillery in the north base.
(Eagle: Activate your COP and destroy Hawke’s Mech and Tank.)
Save.
Andy Day 5:
He must destroy only 1 unit, the Artillery.
Day 6:
Build units until you have 19.
Finish capturing Andy’s and Hawke’s HQs.
Last edited by DxDyDzD on Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:31 am, edited 4 times in total.

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:26 am

Very nice. But please note that several CO can win in 5 days. It got less interessting as Sami improved it to 4, it was the first score fidel improved after i got this game.
Silo Nation 7 day strat is really not that easy, i was only able to do it with Sami and only after wadoludo told me of an enemy movement i hadn´t seen yet. 6 day strat is however very easy. Sensei/Colin would get it in a real 1,5 i think, but for a single CO without skills it seems impossible even if we use 1,5 to play against Sonja.

DxDyDzD

Post by DxDyDzD » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:39 pm

Do you have a comprehensive list of COs who can finish in 5 days? So far I only know of Eagle, Rachel and the luck trio, from fcastro's post. I think Andy can as well, since fcastro mentioned that Rachel can charge her SCOP, so why not Andy. He also gets a +30 attack boost for killing Hawke's units. All the COs with powerful Tanks may be able to as well-Jess, Max, Kindle, Sonja, perhaps Grimm.
FI is very interesting for me, there is so much to discover:
1) Figure out the 6-day strategy for Colin.
2) Find a less luck-intensive strategy for 3-star COP COs, rather than trying to get the base Recon to survive with 5HP.
3) Find the 8-day Jess/Max/Grimm strat.
4) Finish with Grit in minimum time.
5) Find the 5-day strategy for various COs.
And of course it is interesting to you because 2 days in 1.0 is theoretically possible. *shudder*
In Silo Nation was the "enemy movement" the Artillery moving south?

edit: FI Kindle 6/300, this one was cool because I got so many Infantry/Mech OHKOs from the city boost, 4 in total:

Kindle’s Strategy
Overview: Kindle’s Anti-Air gets such a large attack boost while it is on a property that it is capable of OHKOing Infantry and Mechs. Thus, for Hawke’s side, an Anti-Air is used in place of a Tank. In addition, only 1 AA and 1 Tank is needed to clear the area. For Andy’s side, the same strategy applies, except that the builds are changed slightly because the AA build leaves you with insufficient funds for a Recon and Infantry on Day 1.
For full Power, you need to destroy 2 units in 1 day. Picking off Infantry does that for you.
For full Technique, you can only lose 2 units. These are a Recon and an Artillery.
Day 1:
Build an Anti-Air in the west base.
Build Infantry in the north and east bases.
Day 2:
Hawke:
Move the Anti-Air 6S and destroy the Infantry on the south base.
Andy:
Move the east Infantry 3S.
Move the north Infantry 1S 2E.
Day 3:
Hawke:
Move the Anti-Air 1S 1E and destroy the Mech.
Save.
Move the Tank 6S and attack the Tank (9-5).
Andy:
Save, then move the Recon 3N 1E and destroy the Infantry. 
Save, then move the 6HP Infantry 1S 1E and attack the Infantry (4-4).
Move the Infantry 1S 2E and destroy the Infantry.
Day 4:
Andy:
Move the 4HP Infantry 1N 2E.
Move the 10HP Infantry next to it 1E.
Move the damaged Recon 1S 2E.
Move the other Recon 1S 1W.
Move the Tank 3N 1E and destroy the Infantry.
Build an Artillery in the north base.
Hawke:
Move the Infantry 3S.
Move the Infantry on Andy’s side 3S and fire the silo. Target Hawke’s Tanks and Infantry.
Save.
Attack the Tank with your Tank from the HQ.
Destroy the Tank with your Anti-Air from the city.
Hawke Day 4:
His damaged Tank must move east.
Day 5:
Activate your COP.
Hawke:
Save.
Move the Anti-Air 1N 1E and attack the Tank.
Move the Tank 1S 1E and destroy the Tank.
Andy:
Save.
Move the Tank on your base 5N and attack the Tank.
Move the other Tank 3N 2W and destroy the Tank.
Move the Recon 4N 1E and attack the Infantry.
Move the 4HP Infantry 1N 1E and destroy the Infantry.
Move the Infantry 3E and start capturing Andy’s HQ.
Build Infantry in the bases near your HQ and the west base.
Save.
(Optional: Build an Artillery in the north base.)
Andy Day 5:
He must not destroy any of your units.
Day 6:
Move all units off the bases and build until you have 19 units.
Finish capturing both HQs.
edit 2: I broke one of swifty's records. Fortress Isle Kanbei 6/300, another instance of a invincible HQ capture by SCOP.

Kanbei’s Strategy
Overview: Sacrifice Recons in order to charge up Kanbei’s SCOP. Even though the Recons may be heavily damaged, Kanbei’s SCOP grants them near-invulnerability. The SCOP also grants your capturing Infantry with absolute invulnerability-no attack can damage them.
This strategy will require many reloads because the enemy Infantry on Day 2 must have 5HP after you attack them.
For full Power, you need to destroy 2 units in one day. Unconventionally, you can get this from Andy’s Infantry and Mech suiciding against your capturing Infantry.
For full Tecnhique, you can lose 2 units, but it is possible to lose just one.
Day 1:
Build Recons in the west and north bases.
Day 2:
Hawke:
Save, then move the Recon 5S 1E and attack Hawke’s Infantry (10-5).
Build a Recon in the west base.
Andy:
Move the Infantry 3S.
Save, then move the Recon 2S 4E and attack Andy’s Infantry (10-5).
Build a Recon in the east base.
Save.
Hawke Day 2:
His healthy Infantry must move 3E instead of attacking your Recon.
Day 3:
Hawke:
Save, then move the road Recon 2S and attack the Mech (8-5).
Move the base Recon 6S and destroy the Mech.
Andy:
Save, then move the east base Recon 3N 1E and attack the Infantry.
Move the Infantry 1S 2E.
Move the Recon 3S 2E and destroy the Infantry.
Build Recons in the north and east bases.
Save.
Andy Day 3:
His Tank must attack the Recon on the east base.
Day 4:
Hawke:
Move the south Infantry on Andy’s side 3S and fire the silo. The missile should be centred on the Tank on the road.
Save, then destroy the Infantry with the healthy Recon.
Move the other Recon 2N 1W.
Andy:
Move the Infantry 1E.
Move the 8HP Recon 4N 1E and destroy the Infantry.
Move the Recon on the airport 4N and attack the Mech.
Move the Recon on the neutral base 2N and destroy the Mech.
Move the last Recon 3E.
Build a Mech in the east base.
Save.
From here on the moves vary greatly for Andy. The following is one such scenario. Adapt if Andy moves differently.
Hawke Day 4:
He should attack your Recon from his bases with his Tanks.
Andy Day 4:
His Mech must attack your Recon on the HQ from the north.
His newly-built Tank must attack your Recon in the north.
Day 5:
Hawke:
Move the HQ Recon 4E and attack the Infantry. Join the other Recon to it.
Move the Tank 5S 1E and attack Hawke’s Tank.
Andy:
Move the Recon on the east base 3N and attack Andy’s Tank.
Move the Infantry in the north base 1E and attack Andy’s Tank.
Move the HQ Recon 4W and suicide it on Andy’s Tank.
Move the 4/5HP Recon 2E and attack Andy’s Mech. Join the last damaged Recon to it.
Move the last healthy Recon 1S and attack Andy’s Tank.
Move the Infantry 3E and start capturing Andy’s HQ.
Activate your SCOP. (If it is not fully charged then reload and try again.)
Day 6:
Check that you have lost 2 units or less. Otherwise, reload and try again.
If you have lost 2 units, build until you have 19 units.
Finish capturing Hawke’s and Andy’s HQs.

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:35 am

U will need to wait for fidel for a list of 5/300 COs for FI 2,5. I tried a bit Kanbei 5 days on 2,5. It sound reasonable as Sami charges 8 Stars and Kanbei can aswell build 7 Recon and 2 Infs. Hawke however refuses to build a 2nd Tank as my Recon in his area can´t survive 93%*50% = 46(,5)% and 93%*62% = 57(,66)%. And if you put your Recon somewhere else then Hawke´s City your way to the HQ will be blocked.
So yeah good luck with FI, it´s a very strange map.

On SIlo 2,5 i don´t remember what it was, but i don´t think it was the Art. Enemy Indirect never cause any problems usually.

Edit: Andy FI 2,5 5/300, very easy. And wow O_o capturing Andy´s HQ in 5 days is a joke.

Tried ur Kindle 2,5 strat. I liked that one, very nice^^

fcastro

Post by fcastro » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:59 am

Good job!
I started Lost Basin 1.5, your tips were great help. In fact it's not necessary to kill Sonja's inf as we can suicide one of Sami, but apparently we must still play Sonja the same way because of the art (if u dont attack the inf with recon, art wont be in range to attack it anymore). But I was wondering, could it be possible to get inf attacking before art? This way we could charge a little more... Btw, did u achieve the 293 points or they were only theoretical?

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:21 am

Yes i made the 287 points (not 293 that was Last Mission 1,5) for real. I don´t know if late Indirects are possible but i would say rather not. Indirects attack normally very first.

DxDyDzD

Post by DxDyDzD » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:39 am

Woot, FI Colin 6/300. This strat is even stranger than the Kindle one:
1) I build a Day 2 Neotank.
2) An Anti-Air takes a 5HP Tank to 0HP all by itself - it takes 2HP from a counter and 3HP from a COPed attack.
3) I use an APC to block the south side of Andy's HQ. An east base Recon can't reach there because of the forest, and Tanks cost too much. In fact this APC is used only to manipulate the AI - it isn't attacked at all, but if the south side was unprotected a Tank would definitely have popped the capturing Infantry.
4) I can afford two Artillery on Day 5, which are Tank bait.

Overview: What Colin lacks in attack, he makes up for in spending power. He is able to build a Neotank on Day 2 for blitzing Hawke’s base. On Andy’s side, he can afford 2 Artillery on Day 5 for luring Andy’s Tanks away from the units protecting the capturing Infantry.
For full Power, you need to destroy 2 units in 1 day. Clearing the area around Hawke’s HQ gives you that already.
For full Technique, you can only lose 2 units. Losing only 1, an Artillery, is possible.
Day 1:
Build Infantry in the west and south bases.
Day 2:
Hawke:
Move the Infantry 2S.
Build a Neotank in the west base.
Andy:
Move the Infantry 3S.
Save, then move the Recon 2S 4E and attack the Infantry (10-6).
Andy Day 2:
His 8HP Infantry must move 3S.
Day 3:
Hawke:
Move the Infantry 1S 1E.
Save, then move the Neotank 6S and attack the Tank (10-3).
Build an Anti-Air in the west base.
Andy:
Move the other Infantry 1S 2E.
Save, then move the Recon 3S 2E and attack the Infantry (9-2).
Build Recons in the north and east bases.
Hawke Day 3:
His Tank must attack your Anti-Air (8-3).
His Mech must attack your Neotank (9-4 or 9-3).
Andy Day 3:
His Tank must attack the Recon on the airport (10-3).
Day 4:
Hawke:
Move the south Infantry on Andy’s side 3S and fire the silo. Target the Tank and Mech on the bases.
Save, then move the Neotank 1S 1E and destroy the Tank.
Activate your COP.
Save, then move the Anti-Air 2S and destroy the Tank.
Move the Infantry 1S.
Andy:
Save, then move the Recon on the north base 1S 3E and attack the Mech (8-4 or 8-5).
Move the Infantry next to it 1S 2E and destroy the Mech.
Save, then move the 3HP Recon 1S 1W and destroy the Infantry.
Move the Recon on the east base 2N.
Build an Anti-Air in the north base.
Build an APC in the east base.
Hawke Day 4:
He should build a Tank in his east base.
Day 5:
Hawke:
Move the Anti-Air 3S and destroy the Mech.
Destroy the Tank with your Tank and Neotank.
Move the Infantry 2S 1W and start capturing Hawke’s HQ.
Andy:
Move the APC 5N.
Move the Anti-Air 1S 5E and attack the Mech.
Move the 8HP Recon 1N 3E and attack the Mech.
Move the 5HP Recon 4N 1E.
Move the 3HP Recon 8S.
Move the Infantry 1N 2E and start capturing Andy’s HQ.
Build Artillery in the north and east bases.
Day 6:
Check that you have lost only 1 unit.
Finish capturing Andy’s and Hawke’s HQs.

fcastro

Post by fcastro » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:09 am

Great, but what if u find 5 days strat for all COs soon =P

STL I have two questions:

1) In Basin 1.5 were u really able to kill Sonja's inf only with inf counter and Recon attack? I math'd it to 99% only... Anyway even w/o it I'm now at 5 kills in one turn XD (apc forgot to drop his mech and there was 2 infs suiciding), I hope 4 or even 3 units lost are possible.

2) In your Risky 2.5 Sasha's strat u wanted north mech attacked by 2 infs and west mech attacked by 1 inf and 1 recon, and then to kill recon with both injured mechs, that's what made ur strat so hard. Why not just letting 2 infs and Recon killing ur north mech and then use your COP for killing recon with west 10 hp mech?! (if it was a prob of charging u can make one early mech attack on tank). Also u said that Flak's COP had to be avoided but maybe on the contrary, it could help for the suiciding... So yeah it doesnt sound so much unhuman, maybe I'll try later...

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:42 am

1) True
http://www.cyberscoreforums.com/index.p ... #msg151726
I math´d it to 99% (33% + 66%) too. Makes me wonder if i remember bad and just math´d it without rounding down or my 287 was a bit different. Anyway i don´t even have my own LB 2,0 strat anymore as i lost it while formatting PC, could u resend it to me with ur new ideas?
So if u don´t need to drop this Inf for Power, u could maybe drop him better so he has 1HP in the end and not 5?
Anyway great to hear u found new ways =O But don´t let it end on 297 XD

2) I didn´t work too much on this strat. So great if/that u find an improvement and good luck achieving her :)
Maybe while playing her u find ideas for Hachi.

fcastro

Post by fcastro » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:50 am

2) Ok. For Hachi I hope it can be impossible as his COP is too long to charge ^^ but I maintain that Grimm could have some chances, ofc with insanest luck XD Well fortunately it looks impossible for now.

1) I'm currently in a run that should end in 287, but I'll finish it only later. (Edit: it was 291)
As there are so many possible ways, I will try to sum them up and maybe we'll be able to see it more clearly soon. And I didnt find a better way for Sonja...

D1: 2 infs. South is for catching SW base, north is for the silos (east silo if we dont want Sonja's inf attacking urs near HQ).

D2: 2 APCs

D3: 2 infs, shot Sami. There are 4 possibilities for shooting 2 infs, but the point is that apparently u must shot north west inf, otherwise he will later load in APC instead of mech. Also note that we could eventually wait d4 for shooting this inf but it didnt show any benefit.
So the best choice seems to shot both west infs.

D4: 2 Recons. Apparently it's not good to shoot Sami now as we later want a 4 hp APC (so a recon can kill it and free the way), however it's possible to get APC out of our way...

D5: For Sonja we drop on road, as I said I didnt find better way.
For Sami we have 3 possibilities to drop inf from APC: west, north and south. I usually drop north to avoid my APC getting attacked (so he'll later survive to mech attack, but note that he can survive 6 hp inf + mech attack), normally inf isnt attacked.
We also have various possibilites to shoot Sami, the best is to shoot the south infs. Also if we can force MD Tank to move 2S on city by shooting him, but note that it's not necessary.

D5 enemy: Usually Md Tank moves randomly south, but if u previously shot him he will always move on city, and so injured inf wont go there. It's good because an inf on this city would be very dangerous for ur HQ inf at next day. Also the question is whether the mech will be dropped from APC or not, I think its linked with if u shot or not the most south inf...
And ofc Sonja makes 4 hp to ur inf.

D6: There are various situations but the plan is clear: shoot Sami as much as u can, and free the way. Also try to hit Sonja's injured inf to 1 hp with recon.

D6 enemy: If u shot Md Tank, Sami has built 2 mechs, they will kill the APC. Your HQ inf can also be hit to 1 hp by being attacked by 3 hp and 10 hp inf. The big question now is to know, when there is only one mech (ie if u didnt shoot Md Tank) if inf will prefer killing 1 hp APC or attacking ur HQ inf. Apparently HQ inf is ignored when he got attacked by 3 hp inf...

D7: Charge as much as u can! :wink:
Last edited by fcastro on Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

fcastro

Post by fcastro » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:53 am

I finally ended my LB run and much to my surprise it was a 291!!! :lol: So I will edit the former guide to make it more clear.
The current 4 lost are on Sonja's front APC and Recon, on Sami's front APC and Recon (to free way) and there was little room in charging.

So now the question is if it can be improved. I replayed again and this time got the mech out of APC, he gives us 0.06 more cause he attacks recon to 3-6 (ofc after being silo'd)) and then recon reattacks him to 4 hp. But we need a blind save (at 30%) to be sure to survive the reattack. So there's room but what kills can be avoided?

As I said 1 Recon must make a suicide against Md for freeing the way, if Md was 1 more east we could attack from base instead but even if SCOP was still chargeable, the prob is that apparently Md MUST move in blue city at his D5, otherwise 6 hp inf will go there for repair and kill your HQ inf later.

The other option is the APC. Indeed we dont have to push Md Tankin city by silo'ing him, he can go there by himself. Then Sami will have extra money for building east art instead of mech, and your APC has a chance to survive. More precisely, APC is attacked by mech to 1 hp, HQ inf is attacked by 3 hp inf to 8/9 hp and then 10 hp inf would have to attack ur HQ inf to 1. But this stupid inf attacks HQ inf only if he has 10 hp!!! Otherwise he prefers killing the 1 hp APC... Except once I saw him attacking a 8 hp inf but not the good one! Unfortunately its hard to test because 3 hp inf attacks HQ inf rarely, so we would need someone checking this 296 strat with emu...

So for now I moved on Little Lion 1.5, but feel really far away from charging the SCOP X( Whats your current score for 7 days STL?

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:12 am

Good Job^^ So 291, we should figure the Tech formula even if it´s not so important, the Power formula is easy just Kills*1000/Enemy Units round down.
I remember that 3 Units are unsaveable for sure and you seem to confirm it. APC and Recon in Sonja´s area and Recon in Sami´s area as we don´t have enough sides to attack. 296 would be so frustrating :( I think every Score that is imperfect now will keep imperfect.

For Little Lion 1,5 i never won in 7 days. The strat was simply suiciding everything, the kill was hard. I think Enemy Inf must attack my Recon which is rare and my Recon must deal max luck. It was really not interessting at all and i don´t think it´s improveable. Silo Nation 1,5 is far more interessting.

samurai goroh

Post by samurai goroh » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:25 am

Wasn't the technique formula (for War Room) something like:
9*units + roundup[units/10]

Where units stands for your units that where killed.

1 -> 10
2 -> 19
3 -> 28
9 -> 82
10 -> 92

Or do you mean the formula that determines how many points you'll get? I think I worked that out, but most likely lost the information :P