War Room High Scores & Strategy

Talk about Advance Wars DS. Debate, laugh, cry, argue about everything to do with our favourite tag game here.
thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

War Room High Scores & Strategy

Post by thefalman » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:05 am

It's back, with 100% more AWDS!

Yeah, at the moment this is just a 'post your scores' topic. Also, this is the place to post and strategies or tips you may have developed while playing the War Room, so we can get the War Room section on the site filled with tactical goodness.

I myself will be attempting to contribute as much as possible to this topic. I'll be attempting to write general strategies for some of the levels, but CO specific ones may be easier to begin with.

Some general notes I've found during my limited playtime:

1. The AI is no longer stupid. It will attempt to counter the units you build, and it will make good use of its funds, rather than sticking to some set build order. The only thing that seems to have been maintained is the 'Build 6 infantry' routine.

2. HQ rushes are made easier, due to you having more funds. However, they will take some planning to achieve, as the enemy will generally build more units that will be a threat to your capturing infantry.

And finally, some scores and notes from my first few attempts:

Spann Island:

Adder, 8 days, 300, no forces.

This looks deceptively easy, but can get plain annoying as Andy does nothing but spam tanks. HQ capture is the way to go here, the quicker the better. Also, disrupt the enemy from day one with a recon.

Moji Island:

Adder, 14 days, 300, no forces.

Hmm, they changed the layout considerably, making a rush down the forested side a bit more difficult. I decidied to opt for the 'crush them with big tanks' option instead. :P I imagine Forest Free or whatever it's name is could be very useful here.

Duo Falls:

Adder, 17 days, 298, no forces.

This map demonstrated the AI's newfound intelligence to me. Spam air units, and you WILL get spammed with AAs. Add a fighter from out of the blue, and my progress was slowed enough for me to miss the speed requirement. My advice here is to be prepared for resistance in the air, and build accordingly.

Sole Harbor:

Adder, 17 days, 300, no forces.

If I remember correctly, that's cutting it fine with the speed limit (unless it's changed). I actually managed to rout Drake on the same turn I would have finished capturing his HQ. Also, Drake tends to spam Tsunami rather than use Typhoon, so Andy or Jess make a good foil to this plan. As an aside, the edited layout makes my AW2 strategy redundant. :P

That's all for now folks, let's see what you've got!

Xen: I think this should be stickied

Addendum: War Room Completion Project:

The standard is 1 CO, no skills (i.e. 2.5 EXP mode). For DS mode, use the CPU as your partner and have no skills (again, 2.5 EXP mode) - it doesn't matter which CO you use as your partner though. The aim is to get a perfect score with every CO on every single map, so as such there are no 'banned' COs, but we'll have to go through them all eventually if we want to meet that goal.

The current list of completed scores can be found here: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt (this link is also in Dragon Fogel's signature). Note that only the fastest time for each map/CO combination is noted (and for DS maps, only the first CO of a pair matters for the purposes of completion).
Last edited by thefalman on Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.
You look awesome. - Shift Breaker

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:12 am

Rachel's another incredibly good choice for Sole Harbour, as her SCOP completely and utterly destroys the chokepoint.

It netted me a 300, 17 days on my one and only attempt.

Edit: I think I'll add my other one or two 300's to the pile:

The Trident: 19 Days, Grit.
Well, considering the AI actually breaks the seams now, this mission's difficulty went up a notch. Grit works great as his indirects shoot down aerial units behind the pipes and prevent the middle base from being captured. I basically just captured Nell's middle base, shot things up for power and captured the HQ.

Megalopolis: 24 Days, Javier
Er, it's Javier with 6 Towers..do I REALLY need to say anymore?

'Last Victory Island' (Jpn Name) - It's the 2nd to last 3p War room against Lash and Sonja.
35 Days, Grit, 300.
Simply took out Lash with Artillery Fire, and then set up rockets on the south coast to take out Sonja. No doubt it can be done much faster.

Risky Duo, Sami, (I had Hachi in there, but it made no difference)
9 Days, 292.
Basically, Sami Mech floods for the win. Victory march ensures that you get all the property, and you just uh, spam more troops to up technique. I think the S-Limit is around 15 days, but I couldn't be arsed going back and spamming up for the 8 tech points. Easier to win the top before the bottom.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

The Rose's Thorn

Post by The Rose's Thorn » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:06 am

I haven't played a ton of war room, but I've played a little. All of these are on the no forces/no top screen control etc. mode.

Spann Island: I've gotten the 5 day Sami thing to work, but aside from that, 8 day 300 point S rank with Rachel done by rout. Covering fire+small area for Andy's units=mass 1 hp enemies to finish up.

Moji Island: Meh, a 16 day 300 point S rank with Rachel again. Once again covering fire=excellent for these maps.

Duo Falls: Eagle 14 days 300 point S rank. Yeah, Abuse Lightning Drive, not Lightning Strike, and use a lot of ground units, as Max will crank out AAs since you're Eagle and you shouldn't have too many problems.

Sole Harbor: Andy, 17 days, 300 point S rank. Pretty much I used his COP tio counteract the mass damage and just worked towards his HQ.

Pivot Isle: Meh, I got bored and used Colin here. 15 days 300 point S rank. oPut a megatank on the bridge to his HQ, support it with a rocket and stealths, then use black bombs. You will quickly clear a path to his HQ for a t-copter with an infantry. Basically black bomb cheese at its finest.

Land's End: 14 days 300 point S rank with Sami. Yeah, basically I got a t-copter with infantry near her HQ when I got my SCOP, and managed to hold out up north without losing a bunch of units.

Nest Egg: 18 days 300 point S rank with Grit. Pretty much an artillery swarm. It works well aginst mechs, and just slowly advance and use the 4 missiles to take ground quickly when you need to.

Megalopolis: 22 days 300 point S rank with Javier...yeah. 6 towers=gg

Risky Vale: 14 days 300 point S rank with Kanbei. It's sad. It's now easier than Spann island. Just infantry/mech swarm with Kanbei at the beginning and swap to building an occasional tank later on.

Jelly Island: 14 days 300 point S rank with Javier on bottom and Jake on top. Pretty much mech swarm over the mountains. If Jake wins fast enough, great, used the tag and capture the HQ. If not, do the same but without the tag, instead using your SCOP to get massive defense. A much swarm with Javier is actually quite good, mostly due to his powers.

Risky Duo: 9 days 300 point S rank with Kindle on bottom and Jake on top. I routed them pretty easily here. Just do an infantry/mech swarm and make use of the mass cities. I even forgot about my bases at the very bottom of the map and just used the top part of the bottom map. Mechs on cities=mass damage.
"Math is the language in which god has written the universe"

BJack

Post by BJack » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:59 am

I've been beating up WR with Colin. :oops:

Ridge Island: 13 days 296 points. Eagle mops the floor with Grit. LS as soon as possible and follow up with LD. Tank swarm from the two new bases.

Megalopolis: 23 days 300 points. Javier of course. :D

Fortress Isle: 16 days 300 points. Colin. Rout Andy with powerful units. Build MD Tank on south-western base to prevent it from being captured. Then spam Megatanks. Abuse GR.

Final Battle: 10 days 300 points. Javier, again. Aim for com towers and use COP for invincible HQ captures all round.

GaroNinja

Post by GaroNinja » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:18 am

Yeah, those bastages actually build Anti-Airs when I spam Bombers >_>. I'm so glad they rearranged the War Room so much, because it would be very difficult to overcome the odds of the later maps with the new AI.

Theres Advance Wars hentai? Who the Hell would draw that? There are far better things to draw Hentai of. - Marsillo
Like me. - Blame Game

I was going to post a "Why'd you buy when you could rent?" but then I remembered Austrailia is a gimped continent where people build careers on raping crocodiles and there's no places to rent stuff. - Marsillo

ThrawnFett

Post by ThrawnFett » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:41 am

Spann Island
300 - 12 days - Max
300 - 12 days - Andy

Moji Island
292 - 20 days - Kindle
292 - 20 days - Olaf

Duo Falls
300 - 13 days - Kindle
293 - 17 days - Olaf
291 - 13 days - Rachel

Pivot Island
300 - 13 days - Kindle

Pay Dirt
298 - 18 days - Rachel

Megalopolis
300 - 22 days - Javier

All I need to say is, spamming Urban Blight on city infested chokepoints > j00...
Wow. We went from a cynical look at history repeating itself and Pichu swearing to Veggie Tales. Thrawn is definitely online. ~Pichu
You know, I have this feeling that one day your sig will be nothing but an archive of witticisms I've made over the years. ~Pichu
"Frankly, I wish that everybody was a little more like you. We'd certainly see less asinine behaviour all over the world." -Terragent

mayojjin

Post by mayojjin » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:25 am

Here are some of my scores, with skills turned off

Spann Island
300 points, 11 days with Kanbei
296 points, 10 days with Colin

Moji Island
300 points, 14 days with Jess
297 points, 16 days with Kanbei

Duo Falls
300 points, 14 days with Kanbei
294 points, 15 days with Olaf

Sole Harbor
291 points, 19 days with Andy

Pivot Isle
285 points, 20 days with Max

Land's End
291 points, 17 days with Rachel

Ridge Island
214 points, 23 days with Rachel (I HATE THIS MAP)

Bounty River
265 points, 35 days with Drake (bad power score)

Megalopolis
300 points, 25 days with Javier

With skills on:

Spann Island
300 points, 7 days with Colin/Sasha

Moji Island
300 points, 13 days with Jess

Duo Falls
300 points, 13 days with Kanbei and Sasha (separately, not tagged)
300 points, 12 days with Sonja/Kanbei

Kita Straight
299 points, 26 days with Sonja/Kanbei

Ridge Island
298 points, 13 days with Kindle (now that's more like it)
300 points, 12 days with Kanbei/Sonja

Twin Isle
283 points, 27 days with Sonja/Kanbei (okay, that is a sucky score)

Megalopolis
300 points, 22 days with Javier/Sasha

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:38 pm

More from me...

Pivot Isle:
Adder, 12 days, 300, no forces.

My 'elite' strategy basically involves spamming Eagle to death with recons and tanks: I actually won by rout. The general idea is to stop Eagle from getting any decent amount of funds by attacking his capturing infantry with recons, then add some tanks to increase the pressure. I might be able to write a general strategy, or at the very least an Adder-specific one. Jess may well be a better choice, as I used nothing but land units.

Land's End:
Adder, 18 days, 294, no forces.

Ew... the AI's newfound competence make this a bugger to finish within the time limit... you almost have to rout Lash in order to capture the HQ. It may be better to aim for a rout straight off, but I'll need to work on it some more.

Little Lion:
Adder, 21 days, 300, Slam Guard 1, Slam Guard 2, Pathfinder, Fire Sale.

After numerous attempts to do this without forces, I gave up and went the whole hog. Pathfinder is the key force here, allowing you to snag the southern airport and missle with an APC/infantry. The other forces were mainly a product of my frustration, although Fire Sale is very useful. The key thing is to keep the enemy off the southern base/cities while establishing a chokepoint in the north... it's difficult with 2 fronts to defend and the enemy spamming MD tanks at you. :/ Whether this is possible without forces remains to be seen, but at least I have a better idea of a general strategy now.

Risky Vale:
Adder, 24 days, 293, no forces.

This seems very encouraging; it's unlikely that completing Risky Vale will require any rediculous shenanegans a la AW2. With the new setup you can spam infantry till your heart's content, and then use the money you've built up for some heavier hardware. You can also capture Max's northern base almost straight away, which is useful. I might be able to write a guide for this as well, I'll see how it goes.

Whiplash:
Adder(Main)/Koal(Secondary), 22 days, 300, no forces, secondary front AI controlled.

This seems straightforward enough. Start grabbing the properties using black boats and infantry to expand, then crank out battleships. Drake will get bored after a while and send a load of stuff to the second front. Use this opportunity to blast his remaining forces, then land some infantry on the mainland to finish the job. I just left the AI to it's own devices, it seems pretty good at surviving if you leave it on 'General'. Interestingly, Drake didn't ever build a sub to counter my battleships, which I found odd.
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

mayojjin

Post by mayojjin » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:41 am

Mial's Hope - 260 points, 28 days with Rachel

that was hard... my strategy was to first, build A-Airs. Abuse them to no end. I think my first 6 or 7 attacking units were all Anti-Airs.

Then I easily took control of the north part while holding Sensei back at the bottom, and I had to build Fighters to stop his air units, along with A-Airs.

Eventually I had enough money to pretty much flood the top with Neotanks and I built some more fighters, along with still more A-Airs (these were REALLY useful against the Mechs) and a random Rocket Launcher.

Black Bombs were also useful, I had to use 2 of them to clear the path to Sensei's HQ from the bottom part. There were like 15 mechs there. But the amazing part was that when I started capturing Sensei's HQ, he only had 3 units left on the WHOLE MAP, I could've won by rout but one of the units was too far away. He also built a huge force near his HQ when my Infantry was near there, so that's where my 2nd Black Bomb came in handy along with the Neotanks/Megatank I also built.

Or you can just capture his HQ in 9 days with Sami.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:21 am

How in the world can you play so much, Fal?
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Familyguyman

Post by Familyguyman » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:48 pm

Spann Island

Days: 8
CO: Kindle
Forces: none

Strat: Well, it is Kindle, so logically, cities are a priority on this map. Urban Blight allows for Kindle's Tanks to OHKO Andy's if they have been damaged by the COP. This one is pretty self explaintory, just use Kindle's city boost as much as possible and use her SCOP only for a finisher (if it is assured), otherwise, the COP is much more cost effective on this map.

Jelly Island

Days: 12
CO: Grit on the bottom/Kindle on the top
Forces: none

Strat: Grit easily overwhelms Olaf and allows for an HQ capture. Using his COP can really be devastating, just make sure you can utilize joining while captureing the HQ so have infantry/mechs swarm the HQ. With the two towers, 170/100 +2 range indirects can really be devastating so use them (this is with COP).

Have Kindle on General or Defensive just be sure she breaks the pipe seams ASAP. While this front isn't important as Grit will be owning it up on the main front. If you lose here, you might get screwed on the main front, so just keep her alive.

That's all my good one's so far.
Last edited by Familyguyman on Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan = Novacid
David = Me

Dan says:
I'm plenty smart
David says:
exactly
Dan says:
I just have a problem with laziness
David says:
duh
preaching to the chior man
Dan says:
That seems to be very common these days
IT'S AN EPIDEMIC
We'll find the cure later

I got the Annual CG292 Abrupt Topic Change Award.

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:15 pm

heropsychodreamer01 wrote:How in the world can you play so much, Fal?
Short answer: Because I'm a lazy ****.

Slightly longer answer: Uni only started last week, so I haven't had that much to do... and anything I have had to do was conveiniently sidelined over the weekend. :P Plus, not sleeping much helps.

So basically, I've been a dirty stopout. >_>

I do have some more scores to post... but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

Oh, and I missed your Risky Vale score, The Roses Thorn. I hadn't realised that it could be done so quickly! :)

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:06 am

Well at least you so SOMETHING useful...

j/k
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Frankdeslimste

Post by Frankdeslimste » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:46 am

But how can you already play as Adder? Or Koal/Zak?
I bet the bastard is throwing a party with a huge poster of a 2HP B-copter ~ Linkman 145
I like Frankie, so nyeh. ~ Linkman 145
Dammit now I have a bunch of emails in my inbox saying 'Dirty Penguin Sex Notification' ~ Thefalman

Yuganon

Post by Yuganon » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:37 am

Spann Island-300-Max
Strategy: Just the usual "use tanks to beat em up" strategy. Cheap way is always cool, right?

Moji Island-300-Max
Strategy: Build many infantry and APCs early game to capture the 2 bases (southwest and northeast) and the cities. Once finished, begin deploying tanks and some MD Tanks, and even some rockets for support.

Land's End-300-Eagle
Strategy: Capture the base in the middle. The AI doesn't capture the middle side until after a while, so use that to your advantage and build many powerful air units and a balanced ground force when the enemy comes.

Sole Harbor-299-Sami, Rachel
Strategy: If using Sami, proceed capturing as much properties in the early game and build indirects to back up your mechs and tanks. If you are Rachel, build a balanced army and use your support skills wisely. Go on full attack when you can use Covering Fire.

Pivot Isle-300-Sami, Rachel
Land's End-300-Eagle
Kita Straight-298-Drake
Point Stormy-300-Eagle, Rachel, Andy
Ridge Island-299-Eagle, Rachel
Mial's Hope-300-Eagle
Bounty River-295-Rachel, Drake
Toil Ferry-300-297-Andy (300), Eagle (297)
Twin Isle-295-293-292-290-Andy, Colin, Eagle, Sami
Egg Islands-300-Grit, Sami
Terra Maw-289-Rachel, Eagle
Pay Dirt-300-Eagle, Sensei
Long Road-299-Jess, Eagle
Nest Egg-300-Rachel
The Trident-300-Grit
Banker Hills-300-Sami
Missile Plains-300-Kanbei, Grimm
Little Lion-298-Grit, Rachel
Megalopolis-300-Javier
Pipeline-298-290-Rachel (298), Eagle (290)
Lost Basin-290-Sami, Rachel, Sensei
Rivers Four-295-Colin, Rachel
Ring Islands-300-Eagle, Drake
Last Mission-300-Sami
Stamp Islands-300-Eagle
Risky Vale-292-Grimm
Rabbit Island-295-291-Eagle (295), Colin (291)
Watery Downs-300-Rachel, Sami
Fortress Isle-297-Colin, Eagle
The Ring-300-Andy, Rachel
Strong Land-300-Sami
Treble Ridge-300-Sami
Final Battle-300-Sami

I haven't done the DS ones, and I'm missing two of these... Four Acres and Dire Range.
Last edited by Yuganon on Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Rose's Thorn

Post by The Rose's Thorn » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:38 am

@thefalman: Yeah, Risky Vale is considerably easier this time around with Kanbei, and I'm adept at least with Adder, and while I think Grit, Sami, or Sensei could beat little island with a 300 pretty easily with a 300, I might give it a try with ADder and see if I can work it out, especially as I managed to snag the southern airport and missile without forces on a half runthrough my first time through (bored and only played the beginning part of the game).

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:58 pm

Frankdeslimste wrote:But how can you already play as Adder? Or Koal/Zak?
I finished the campaign Sunday morning, and Adder was the first CO I bought. I then played some combat/survival to gain some easy points (including a 29 map Champion Turn survival run which netted me a princely sum).

Anyway, some more scores:

Megapolis:

Javier, 300, 23 days, no forces.

Move along, nothing to see here.

Strong Land

Adder, 254, 38, no forces.

Damn the AI's newfound competence! I need to work out a way to finish Jugger off quickly. I ended up in a near stalemate with Lash and Koal, without any missles left to break through, dragging the battle out so I needed at least 8 units to get the power score. >_>

Jelly Island

Adder/Flak, 300, 12, no forces.

Lock down the two bases near Olaf's HQ with artillery, then bait the enemy away. Add a rocket or two to then attack over the mountains with mechs. I used Sidewinder to rush in and clear the area out while simultaniously starting the HQ capture. Olaf's troops were to far away to matter.

Silo Nation

Adder/Flak, 296, 18, no forces.

Kanbei's tough units mean you'll have a hard time... I ended up missing out on technique. You can grab the centre airport fairly easily, and then spam B-copters with the occasionaly tank to take out any AAs.

Frankdeslimste

Post by Frankdeslimste » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:52 am

Gasp! You already finished Campaign!
You really got TOO much free time ;)
I bet the bastard is throwing a party with a huge poster of a 2HP B-copter ~ Linkman 145
I like Frankie, so nyeh. ~ Linkman 145
Dammit now I have a bunch of emails in my inbox saying 'Dirty Penguin Sex Notification' ~ Thefalman

TheChronoMaster

Post by TheChronoMaster » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:00 am

Frankdeslimste wrote:Gasp! You already finished Campaign!
You really got TOO much free time ;)
I finished campaign within three days of getting the game. >_> I did it again by the end of the week.
Credit to Deoxy.

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:58 pm

Just one new score, but some more strategy potential comes with it:

Missle Plains:

Sami, 300, 7 days, no forces.

Ok, there's the potential for a writeup here. It might be fairly straightforward to do, so I'll see what I can figure out later.

The Rose's Thorn

Post by The Rose's Thorn » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:35 am

Kita Straight: 24 days, 300 point S rank: Olaf. Basically charge up your SCOP and get 4 consecutive days of snow, followed by 1 day of clear, 2 of snow, 1 of clear, and another 2 of snow. During this you should be MD/Neo spamming down with landers to her main, plugged uop her ports with a cruiser and a battleship, and destroyed her landers with a sub. That much snow makes it pretty easy for you to knock a path to her HQ to capture.

Garozzo

Post by Garozzo » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:46 am

Here are all the maps I have finished
EXP 2.5 with skills off
2P
Spann Island 5 days Sami 300
Moji Island 8 days Sami 300
Duo Falls 7 days Sami 300
Sole Harbor 8 days Sami 300
Pivot Isle 7 days Kindle 300
Land's End 8 days Sami 300
Kita Straight 8 days Sami 300(7days Sami 200)
Point Stormy 8 days Sensei 300
Mial's Hope 9 days Sami 300
Bounty River 14 days Sami 300
Toil Ferry 7 days Sami 300
Twin Isle 10 days Sami 300
Dire Range 10 days Sami 300
Egg Islands 8 days Sami 300
Terra Maw 13 days Sami 300
Pay Dirt 9 days Sami 300
Nest Egg 8 days Sami 300
The Trident 8 days Sensei 300
Banker Hills 7 days Sami 300/7 days Kanbei 300
Missile Plains 5 days all COs 300
Megaloplis 13 days Javier 300

3P
Risky Vale 8 days Sami 300
Fortress Isle 6 days Sami 300

4P
Final Battle 5 days Sami 300

Since I focus on the fastest 300pts so Sami is always the best choice.
And I am looking forward to seeing someone beat my records:)

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:54 am

Ah, you're that Benito_Garazzo guy from Gamefaqs? Welcome... I've been somewhat astounded by your scores... those are some crazy times you've got there.

Very impressive, I look forward to seeing more!

Cat

Post by Cat » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:44 am

There's goes any good scores I thought I had. >_>'

Here's a few notables (1 CO, no forces):

-Spann Island: 7 days Jess 300
-Point Stormy: 15 days Eagle 300 (took me a while to get, but it can't compare with Sami =/)
-Final Battle: 7 days Javier 300
-Lost Basin: 34 days Hachi 300
-Land's End: 15 days Eagle 300
-Kita Straight: 23 days Colin 300
-Sole Harbor: 18 days Grit 300

Not very fast, but I never really use Sami, and I prefer to win by rout instead of HQ capture. >.>'

Now I -must- figure out how to 300 S rank Ridge Island. It is driving me crazy. I can get in the low 90s, but then speed or technique kills me. Has anyone done this successfully, and is it possible without Sami? >_>'
m30w
-Cat

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:07 am

More random scores from me:

Duo Falls:

Adder, 300, 14 days, no forces

Out, damn imperfect S-Rank, out I say!

Risky Vale

Adder, 300, 16 days, no forces.

Ditto, and much faster this time too.

Four Acres

Adder, 292, 23 days, no forces.

Failed on the power score. I captured Sasha's HQ by rushing it with three tanks and a loaded APC, then used my superior funds to beat first Javier, then Grimm. Should have built a fighter earlier though, Grimm's air units are annoying as hell.

Garozzo

Post by Garozzo » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:39 pm

Yes,it's me:)
Some new scores:
Banker Hills 7 days 300 all except Grim/7 days 295 Grimm

I think it is possible for Sami or some of the other COs to 300S rank Ridge Island by hq capture though haven't done it yet. — —

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:29 pm

While it pales in comparison to Garozzo's score, here's mine for Final Battle.

4P:
Final Battle 2.5X mode.
:vonbolt: - 11 Days.
300 :s:
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Laureola

Post by Laureola » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:09 am

My few War Room scores, I haven’t really tried to get perfect scores. I don’t really care about technique… >.>

2.5x (All maps)
2 COs
Spann Isle: 9 Day, 300. Andy.
It's Spann Isle. Put the game down if you can't S Rank it.

Duo Falls: 13 Day, 300. Hawke.
Spam NeoTanks for the win. Built one AA, Mid. Tank, and Fighter to conter his Bomber.

Sole Harbor: 18 Day, 290. Andy.
Spam Hyper Repair to conter Drake's COP, and pushed down the road with Mid Tanks. I had two Rockets in the forest killing off anything big he made.

Pivot Isle: 10 Day 289. Hawke.
I took Thefalman's strat. It works quite well, thank you. :D

2.5x
4 COs
Final Battle: 6 Day, 288. Sami.
Spam Inf. And get those towers!!!
Last edited by Laureola on Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nembras: I was thinking in German. Of course it means something in English. Still, very wrong.
thefalman: Well, I suppose it could be a Nazi deer?
Nembras & thefalman on a "ReichStag"

Tronn_Bonne

Post by Tronn_Bonne » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:42 pm

I have not played the War Room in a while (I have been too involved in playing vs mode and finishing the hard campaign) but seeing this post made me think that I should give it another go. Here are my scores for the first five maps and, as you can tell, I have been using Koal a lot lately 8)

2.5X Spann Island:
:koal: Koal, 9 days, 300, no forces.
Nothing too special here besides that I kept Andy at only six properties with an early Recon. I then spammed Tanks and A-Airs until I finally routed him.

2.5X Moji Island:
:koal: Koal, 16 days, 300, no forces.

I decided to be defensive in the Eastern forested region and succeeded in holding it with 1 Mech, 1 Infantry, and 1 Artillery. My main forces were concentrated along the roads in the southwest and consisted mostly of Neotanks and Megatanks. One well timed Trail of Woe and it was all over for the enemy Koal. This one also ended in a route.

2.5X Duo Falls:
:koal: Koal, 14 days, 300, no forces.

A mixture of MDTanks, B-Copters, 1 A-Air and 1 Stealth enabled me to counter Max's mix of A-Airs and B-Copters. A good strategy is to keep Max from gaining the one northern neutral city along the cove in the middle of the map by attacking his capturing Infantry from the Sea with a B-Copter. That way it will take his Infantry an extra day to capture it and your B-Copter will not be destroyed by Max's A-Airs. I finished this one in a route as well (Yeah, I like wiping out the enemy army)

2.5X Sole Harbor:
:koal: Koal, 18 days, 300, no forces.

With the exception that Drake actually did cause my army to lose some momentum with his SCOP, everything went according to plan. I was defensive along the western side of Drake's mountains while I was offensive along the eastern side. Once my SCOP was charged I attacked down both sides of the mountains and succeeded in wiping out Drake's Indirects. It ended in a route and I got 100 for speed even though it took 18 days.

2.5X Pivot Isle:

I was very aggressive in this mission and I actually decided to fight Eagle for air supremacy. I first kept him from gaining a foot hold in the northern island. I then supported a small assault force of some infantry, an MD Tank, and a Tank with several B-Copters and two Bombers. Eagle produced a lot of A-Airs but Koal's CO Powers enabled me to gain first strike on them with my Bombers and tanks. I won with another route.

Anyway, I'll post more as I complete them.
"I wish my PS1 wasn't dead. Talking to you makes me wanna go play Megaman Legends again." - JuggerV2
“Tronn wins an internet. Or all the Koal quotes that ever existed.. You decide.” - Guesty

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:46 pm

This deserves to be bumped.

x0_000

Post by x0_000 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:42 am

x2.5

Spann Island 300/5/Sami (duh)
Moji Island 292/20/Jess
Duo Falls 300/9/Sami
Sole Harbor 300/14/Sami
Pivot Isle 300/13/Sensei
Ridge Island 300/9/Sami
Pay Dirt 296/21/Rachel
Banker Hills 274/18/Sami
Missile Plains 268/9/Kanbei
Megalopolis 299/26/Javier
Pipeline 300/22/Colin
Risky Vale 300/15/Sami
Rabbit Island 300/20/Kindle
Final Battle 300/7/Sami
Jelly Island 288/23/Javier/Kanbei
Risky Duo 299/16/Sami/DOESN'T MATTER DOES IT?!
Helix Peninsula 300/22/Max/Andy

x2.0

Megalopolis 300/23/Javier
Risky Vale 296/23/Kindle
Strong Land 276/34/Kindle

x1.5

Spann Island 300/9/Koal/Adder
Sole Harbor 300/16/Ditto
Pay Dirt 300/13/Ditto
Megalopolis 296/28/Javier/Jess
Risky Vale 279/28/Kindle/Von Bolt

No Bonus

Spann Island 300/12/Max/Jess
Rivers Four 300/19/Jake/Jess
Jelly Island 300/10/Javier/Kanbei
Silo Nation 300/13/Max/Colin
Risky Duo 300/10/Sami/DOES IT REALLY MATTER?! ARGH!
Only in math can you buy 600 cantaloupes and not look like a nutter.

Ti-An R.F. Chen

Post by Ti-An R.F. Chen » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:24 pm

I'll only mention the honorble ones.

EXP X2.5:

Spann Island:
Max 10 day 300 Rout.
Tank Rushing, Andy NEVER buildings anything more then a Tank after the little Island's cities are yours.

Pivot Isle:
Kindle 299 14 day Rout.
I sent Two infantries to the island, and Blocked the bridges with a few Tanks and Arteillery. Lost a Neo, though, I accidently made it into the Range of Two Rockets while on the bridge.

EXP X 2.0:

Spann Island:
Jess 300 11 day Rout.
Forces: Star power,Plains Free, Road Rage, Direct 2.
See EXP X 2.5 Spann Island.

Moji island:
Hawke 298 15 Day Rout.
Forces: Forest Free, Star Power, Road Rage, Direct 2.
Busted with a double team from East and West (With one Neotank daily from the Forest base.)

Duo Falls:
Sensei 297 14 Day rout.
Forces: Transport+1, Direct 1, Direct 2, Star Power.
Spammed Copters, An-Ti Airs, Tanks and Fighters.

Sole Harbor:
Colin 284 20 Day Rout.
Forces: Star power, Transport+1, Forest Free, Direct 2.
Tsunami was annoying, but I got most of the cities and outnumbered Drake.

Pivot Isle:
Hawke 289 17 Day Rout.
Forces: Road Rage, Urban Fighter, Transport+1, Star Power.
See Kindle, only without Urban Blight.

Megalopolis:
Javier 286 30 Day Rout
Forces: Tower Power, Forest Free, Transport+1, Star Power.
...you got Six, SIX FREAKING TOWERS. With that insane defense with +20% indirect defense it's not even funny to begin with, I overtook Kanbei's cash while holding the two chokepoints...seems like I held it a bit long and lost Speed points, and I was 8 points away from a perfect Power score.

Rivers Four:
Sami 252 26 Day Capture N' Rout.
Forces: Invader, Conquerer, Star Power, Transport+1.
Outnumbered them severely with Infantry+Mech spam, then use the "Hurt Merge" tactic to get hold of most properties, then started to spam Tank type units.

Risky Vale:
Sami 290 18 Day Double Rout.
Forces: (See Rivers 4)
Bust a cap. once I Infantry+Mech Spam, I worked my way out the circle and won. By Day 7 I had Cities of the Blue Rim and two of Max's Bases under my possestion.

Final Battle:
Javier 300 8 Day Double Rout n' Capture.
Forces: Tower power, Star power, invader, Conquerer.
C'mon. You get THREE towers by day 3, it's not even funny. And 4 by day 6, I would like to see the point of making the towers to be easily reached.

Jelly Fortress
Javier+Adder288 7 Day First Front Capture
...do I have to say this? With two towers and a HQ defense, that's +60%, and it's not snowing either. Olaf barely scrtached me (4 HP at most) I captured, used COP, and done and done.

Don't feel like mentioning Tag Matches, I rarely play WR with TWO COs, 'bit too easy, i say.

Also, this leads me to a conclusion. Javier should be banned from Megalopolis, because Towers are bad for even Kanbei.

~Ti-An

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:31 pm

Eh, here are my notable scores for 2.5 (all listed scores are 300 points)

Spann Island: 8 days with Max
Moji Island: 15 days with Jess
Duo Falls: 14 days with Eagle
Pivot Isle: 14 days with Flak
Final Battle: 9 days with Von Bolt

We need a 1.5x topic. 1.5 and 1.0 are sufficiently different from 2.5 and 2.0 to warrant their own tactics.

x0_000

Post by x0_000 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:43 am

New scores:

Moji Island: 10 Days/Sami/300
Pivot Isle: 11 Days/Sami/300
Egg Islands: 9 Days/Sami/300
Nest Egg: 9 Days/Sami/300
Treble Ridge: 21 Days/Sami/299 (OH NOEZ)
Silo Nation: 14 Days/Max/Grit/300
Risky Duo 13 Days/Sami/Anyone/300
Only in math can you buy 600 cantaloupes and not look like a nutter.

Tronn_Bonne

Post by Tronn_Bonne » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:01 pm

Here are two more maps that I managed to do in the past two weeks.

2.5X Land’s End:
The trick to this level, I believe, is to focus the majority of your resources on air units. I only needed 1 Neo Tank, 2 Tanks, and 1 A-Air (for guarding my southern properties) for my ground forces (Besides a bunch of Infantry of course). I then focused my resources on B-Copters and, once I had enough funds, I spammed Bombers from the southern airfield. Lash responded by producing a lot of A-Airs but my few Tanks were capable of damaging them and Bombers with first strike could also seriously damage A-Airs while taking only 1-2 HP of damage in return. The extra speed of the air units was essential to routing Lash’s army within the time limit.

2.5X Megalopolis:
:koal: Koal, 27 days, 273 :P , no forces.

Yes, this one is considerably more challenging without Javier’s 60% defense boost. It basically was me using everything I had, including the kitchen sink, to fend off Kanbei until I could close the economic gap between us. The extra attack boost by the Towers proved to be a necessity rather than a luxury considering that all I had available to stop Kanbei’s Megatanks was some Artillery and a bunch of guys with pitchforks :?
"I wish my PS1 wasn't dead. Talking to you makes me wanna go play Megaman Legends again." - JuggerV2
“Tronn wins an internet. Or all the Koal quotes that ever existed.. You decide.” - Guesty

Banzo803

Post by Banzo803 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:34 am

can someone help me out pay dirt.
Chill on the Mexican stereotypes before I get my macho burrito and whip your butt like a candy-filled pinata, you filthy gringo. - Marceux <3

Winners of the Breakdancing Monk Stamp of Approval Award: 4
-Gameshark
-DTaeKim
-Dark Conscience
-Shift Breaker

x0_000

Post by x0_000 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:38 am

"Just post your scores..."

There is something known as a help forum.

Banzo803

Post by Banzo803 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:37 pm

sorry, i just though since this a war room topic, i might post here.
Chill on the Mexican stereotypes before I get my macho burrito and whip your butt like a candy-filled pinata, you filthy gringo. - Marceux <3

Winners of the Breakdancing Monk Stamp of Approval Award: 4
-Gameshark
-DTaeKim
-Dark Conscience
-Shift Breaker

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:22 am

Pay Dirt

300, Adder, 13 Days, no forces.

It took me a fair few tries to work out the best starting strategy, but I got it sorted in the end.

Day One: 2 Infantry
Day Two: Move both infantry towards the airports, build tow more infantry.
Day Three: Start capturing the cities/airports, build a tank from the north base, and an infantry from the south base. Colin should build a B-copter.
Day Four: Finish capturing, move the tank along the road, move the newly built infantry towards the southern airport, build an AA.
Day 5: Start capturing more properties, move the tank into range of the B-copter, move the AA along the road. Build 2 T-copters. Make sure you have infantry available to load into the T-copters. Colin should attack your tank with his B-copter.
Day 6: Trash the B-copter, move the tank back for repairs. Send both loaded T-copters to the Silos. Capture some more stuff.

From there on, throw a mix of Tanks and AAs at Colin, using the missles to break through the choke. To deal with the fighter he builds, throw a single missile at it once it leaves the airport. It will no-longer be able to OHKO your copters, and you should be able to take it out with an AA at some point. Then fly a T-copter to Colins HQ and cover the capture with your other units.

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:47 am

Hmm... maybe I'll give Dire Range a shot. That map's one of my areas of expertise in AW2, and it looks like the trick I used there may still work, improved AI or not. Still working on Campaign at the moment, though.

Currently, I'm trying to get 300 points, destroy all pipelines (and minicannons, but those are the objective anyways), and get the lab map in the first mission against Hawke.

I've already managed to clear Combat on all three levels (which helped with unlocking most of the War Room... just need to get two more DS maps) and cleared Turn Survival with 150 points on each map and getting all bonuses for destroying objects. (I used Colin and Kanbei, no skills.) I still had 39 days left at the end... while I could probably do better, especially if I went for just speed, I care more about the scores on a map-by-map basis at this point. =P
Dragon Fogel,
Marquis Elmdor's Arch-Nemesis

Don't call me "Dragon".

WWN's War Room High Scores: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt
AW1 version: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt