Best all-around tag team with skills?

Talk about Advance Wars DS. Debate, laugh, cry, argue about everything to do with our favourite tag game here.
Atticus!

Post by Atticus! » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:01 am

Yeah, but if you tag break, Sonja will be out at some point, and she could use the luck. You could also stick on the Bodyguard force, but this way Sonja has tons of luck so she can hold the line until enough units are deployed and Kanbei comes out.

tasthomas

Post by tasthomas » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:44 pm

Terragent is the only guy with the right answer so far(in an early post) Colin/Sasha-forget the tag, just use their normal powers. I can work it where the other team NEVER gets a tag or super power, and Colin keeps Gold Rushing for the $. My circle has totally banned this team. We call it the "snowball" technique. $20,000 becomes $30k/ $50k becomes $75k/ $100k becomes $150k etc. etc. All the while Sasha is slurping star power. Just operate on a budget; buy what you need to keep the battle even. "Money is power"

Link_DZ

Re: Best all-around tag team with skills?

Post by Link_DZ » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:21 pm

Ok, everyone has already hailed Kanbei as "the power God", and Hachi as his humble server. But I think the best combination is Earth&Sky (Eagle+Sami). It's completely devasting, not only because it has a 120% Tag Power, but also because it lets you attack not only twice, but three times in the same turn. It's so, SO easy to take a loaded T-Copter/APC to your enemy's HQ, unload it and use Sami's Victory March to finish him that this combination proves to be bothering too. I simply love these lovebirds, I've always loved them because of their abilities, and they make quite a pair.

BTW, I think that "Earth&Sky" should be the name for a Eagle+Jess Tag...

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:36 pm

The problem with Eagle/Sami is that they have one of the longest tag powers in the game. It's entirely feasible that most other tags will have their tag power before Eagle/Sami, and that is a disadvantage.

In addition, no competent player will leave his HQ undefended when playing against Sami. If you managed to capture the HQ using Earth + Sky, your opponent deserves the loss.
What can change the nature of a man?

hawkes nightmare
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by hawkes nightmare » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:16 pm

hawke/ andy is by far the best tag team ever with skills. heres what i mean:

hawke:
-fire sale
-brawler
-slam shield
-soul of hachi

andy:
-synergy
-fire sale
-brawler
-soul of hachi
try it on a map with lots of funds, and see the sparks fly
xenesis wrote:
hawkes nightmare wrote: i only came here because i thought there would be pudding.
That's a pretty good reason to go anywhere.
xen wrote:Prepare to receive judgment. And possibly cookies.

Thelonious

Post by Thelonious » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:03 pm

Avoiding broken CO's, Kindle and Sami make a great team. Especially throwing Soul of Hachi and Gear Head on Kindle, and perhaps Gold Rush. In fog, sometimes I'll switch Sonja for Kindle. I honestly don't like Earth and Sky because it takes too much to go off, and the characters generally don't have that much unit synergy without going off. Kindle and Sami both deal with cities pretty well, and Sonja can make great tactical plays with Sami, turning weaknesses into strengths. Both combinations are really good at taking ground, holding it, and my personal favorite playstyle: punishing mistakes.

JuigiKario

Post by JuigiKario » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:39 pm

Try this on for size:

Sasha:
-Money forces
-Gear Head

Eagle:
-Gold Rush
-Fire Sale
-Gear Head
-Star Power

-The objective is to get Eagle units ASAP. More vehicles + constant double turning. You do the math.
-Sasha is in front at the start so as to give Eagle an early Light Tank and whatnot.
-She also comes out on any opportunity where taking damage won't be a problem to further boost the duo's money supply.
-Market Crash severely limits the opponent's ability to TB, and also reduce the CO Power frequency.
-Eagle, meanwhile, is out in front in general so as to charge up Lightning Drive, which costs only 3 stars AND can be charged up during the vehicles' first turn.
-Remember: LD reduces attack power only on the second turn. On the first turn, meatshields take FULL damage.
-LD, providing double turn, allows vehicles to basically act as indirects. Or strike multiple units. Or.....well, we'd probably be here all day if I'd have to name everything it can do, even with the reduced attack power.
-Simply, Sasha makes sure Eagle's units live longer, and Eagle gets much more dangerous if his units live longer as well.

So yeah, contender at the very least.
Captain of the Battle Car Squad. Those Transport Planes really help.

SRC's new board. Please come and join.

GipFace

Post by GipFace » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:58 am

To be honest? I'd try...

Hachi: -13% cost, +100G/property, Mistwalker [first strike]
Sensei: -13% cost, +100G/property, Soul of Hachi [cities become bases]

Hachi gets Mistwalker because he will always end the tag. All the other skills are irrelevant when this can re-max to 50 units every other day. If Hachi/Sensei hits 50 due to masses of infantry, they can then bank and tech. Maybe Kanbei with +30% direct DEF puts up a fight, but I don't know, since Hachi/Sensei will charge faster anyway. Sensei could probably get away with giving Hachi +10% DEF over +100G/property because he'd only be leading for 2 days.

Given 14 properties with 2 bases and 1 airport:
+$15400 at beginning of the day
Use tag, +10 mechs from Sensei's SCOP ($27000 value)
+12 infantry from cities and bases costing $10440 ($12000 value)
Switch, +12 infantry from cities and bases costing $4440 ($12000 value)

That's +34 units at a cost of $14880 ($438/unit), but with $51000 value. Sure beats the hell out of Gold Rush and the Earth+Sky tag. This would also most certainly beat a double mass damage combo. Who cares about -4 HP when you can re-max to 50?

Colin/Sasha-forget the tag, just use their normal powers. I can work it where the other team NEVER gets a tag or super power, and Colin keeps Gold Rushing for the $.
Good luck trying to save up enough money when you have tags going off on day 9.

JuigiKario

Post by JuigiKario » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:50 am

Well, since you're just going with broken COs and you brought up God Kanbei, I ought to mention +80% DEF on Cities. So here's something to try out:

Hachi:
-Money forces
-Bodyguard

Kanbei:
-Defense forces
-Conqueror (Capture +2)
-Gold Rush

...and I just realized that Kanbei doesn't even need to use Samurai Spirit to make his DEF doubly ridiculous. Morale Boost at this point is sufficient to get base +60% DEF. Even if it doesn't provide counterdamage.
Captain of the Battle Car Squad. Those Transport Planes really help.

SRC's new board. Please come and join.

Satel

Post by Satel » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:24 pm

Works very well with Colin too.

I prefer playing another way, even if it's not the best.
Max:
-Tackle Duo
-Defense forces
Grit (or Andy):
-Teamwork/Synergy/Bodyguard
-Star Power

Max packs quite a punch with 146/122 Directs D2D. Max Force is sufficient to strike almost everyone, Max Blast is here for the tag. Playing this with Andy is easier, but I prefer with Grit.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

FormicHiveQueen

Post by FormicHiveQueen » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:02 am

Sami/Eagle

Eagle:
-Partner forces
-Star Power

Sami:
-Defense forces
-Capture forces

If you managed to lose with this setup I would die laughing.

Slazzy

Re:

Post by Slazzy » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:07 am

Sleepnowinthefire wrote:Depends on the map. I personaly go for Eagle/Sami or Hawke/Andy. But in predeployed, i spose Hachi/Sensei pwns. Mainly I chose tags because of characters though. (even Eagle/Hawke)
you mean NOT predeployed?
--[Olaf]--

Description: What do you get if Santa Claus dyes his beard and changes
his clothes? OK, enough jokes,