C10 - Day of Rest

Paralysed by Von Bolt? Kindle caning you? Ask for help on all Advance Wars games here.
I_CAN_SEE_YOU

C10 - Day of Rest

Post by I_CAN_SEE_YOU » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:16 am

I'm getting killed horribly on this map. I take the central bases but am then rushed by counters to my units, a bomber is anti-aired, an anti-tank will come out as a tank is deployed. I'm getting ripped to shreds. I park Rockets on properties and gradually charge my way through the level. It took me 49 days and I was left with a bad C rank. Are there any better strategies?

Guesty

Post by Guesty » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:17 am

Huh. C10 is "Almost Home" for me, and I got an S-rank on it (finished in 13 days). Let me see what I did...

Have you tried the tactics menu? Write down/remember the tips there.

Here's what I have so far:

Use your Missiles to protect your Fighter, so that the enemy fighter won't get it. The air units will retreat if you use your Missiles effectively.

Try to push the enemy back early while being careful with your units. Keep the enemy on the other side of the mountains; if you aren't pushing ahead to the other side in the first few days, there's something wrong. Aggressive but careful is the game to play here.

Build bombers. They definitely help.

If you can, block the enemy production facilities.

I just beat this mission again on day 15. And I got an A rank (my lowest score was technique, my highest was Power). So basically, if you aren't winning by day 15 or so, there's something wrong with your strategy.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific.
Sig by Sasquatch.
Hit: Cute Things
Miss: Phones