Mission C14 help (Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict)

Paralysed by Von Bolt? Kindle caning you? Ask for help on all Advance Wars games here.
Guesty

Mission C14 help (Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict)

Post by Guesty » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:39 pm

For some reason, luring the battleship never works; somehow, the Sub is always destroyed before I can get to the battleship.

Also, do you have a general idea for the opening moves? I don't want to use a DTD guide unless absolutely necessary.
Sig by Sasquatch.
Hit: Cute Things
Miss: Phones

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:52 pm

I can't remember what I did with the Sub and Cruiser, but I do recall managing to somehow destroy the enemy Carrier with it. There is a way to sneak the sub past, it's a case of trial and error.

Anyway, for the land battle, ignore what Brenner says about the meteor - you can just send an infantry over the mountains and capture the airport that way instead. What you do want to do is use your MD Tank and Artillery to break one of the Meteors blocking access to the port - capturing this (use a bike for speed) will help you get naval units to the frontline quicker.

Move the rest of your units up to capture the nearby neutral properties, then form a battle line just out of range of the enemy rockets (you can also sneak a Tank/MD Tank into its blind spot, which can be useful to do. When you think you've got a sufficient force, destroy the right-hand meteor with an indirect unit or bomber, then move in to destroy whatever you can and hopefully block Forscythe's forward base. From there, you should be able to crank out a victory.
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.
You look awesome. - Shift Breaker

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:22 pm

What I did was send my force across the eastern bridge and up there. On the naval front, I did not move my Sub and Cruiser until Day 3, where I moved the Cruiser 1W and the Sub as far north as possible. From there, I smacked the B-ship silly.
What can change the nature of a man?

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:45 pm

You can use a couple gunboats to lure out the battleship and cruiser from the beginning if you want. You should have 2 cities, the base, and the airport captured on turn 3 and the port soon after. Keep capturing as quickly as possible. Use the choke point between the sea and river to your advantage. Unfortunately the city there is just in enemy rocket range but you have lots of meatshields to use, rotate for repairs and reinforcements.

You can pretty much build up a large force to overwhelm the enemy. Not gonna get the high score that way though.

Guesty

Post by Guesty » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:45 am

Hm, thanks.

One more question: What should I be building, and in what concentration?

I think I'll try DTaeKim's DTD guide on GameFAQs, since I really want to unlock Forsythe.

EDIT: For some reason, Forsythe doesn't do the right conditions on day 4, so the DTD guide doesn't seem to work for me.

So back to the above question.
Sig by Sasquatch.

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:50 am

There's two options. You can work with the change in Day 4, or you can restart and try again for those conditions.

From my experience, it seems to happen once in every three tries or so. You can try saving on Day 2 and seeing if Forscythe changes his build order or movement.

Honestly, the Recon movement is probably more important than the build, but it's up to you.
What can change the nature of a man?

Guesty

Post by Guesty » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:07 am

I completed the mission, using a combination of the basic idea of DTaeKim's guide (to know where to move units in the beginning) in the beginning and Fal's strategy. I won by HQ capture.

This topic is now for anyone else who needs help with C14.
Sig by Sasquatch.