C-22, Pulsatrix assualt

Paralysed by Von Bolt? Kindle caning you? Ask for help on all Advance Wars games here.
Kiltman2

C-22, Pulsatrix assualt

Post by Kiltman2 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:32 am

I can't seem to get anywhere on this map. If I hold back, she batters me with bombers and heavy tanks, if I move forward she kills me swiftly and highly efficiently.

Any tips?

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:47 am

Tip 1: Rout the Enemy or Capture the enemy HQ
Tip 2: Let me finish it first before I make any comment.

Also, Pulsatrix = The Great Owl, for all you fiends across any sort of pond.
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:59 am

I basically pushed towards the lower right, took the base there, and then proceeded towards the HQ. I think I only got an A-rank for doing that, but it got me through the mission.
Dragon Fogel,
Marquis Elmdor's Arch-Nemesis

Don't call me "Dragon".

WWN's War Room High Scores: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt
AW1 version: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt

x0_000

Post by x0_000 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:02 pm

The AI's an idiot and will send units into the bombing zone anyway
Only in math can you buy 600 cantaloupes and not look like a nutter.

Kiltman2

Post by Kiltman2 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:38 am

Yeah, I took care of this mission but it was pretty sloppy. Spammed tanks and artillery like no tomorrow and took the base, then did some nifty stuff with bombers. A Rank, so room for improvement, fo' shizz'.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:53 am

I found an easy way to do it, and removed all enemy air units by Day 4. Don't catch the airport/SE city, it'll distract 'em. Leave all fighters back, catch other properties, move all units south. They'll all fly into the bombing zone. Work from there.
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett