C21 - Lin's Gambit

Paralysed by Von Bolt? Kindle caning you? Ask for help on all Advance Wars games here.
I_CAN_SEE_YOU

C21 - Lin's Gambit

Post by I_CAN_SEE_YOU » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:46 am

can anyone give me a day by day guide to just set me on the righ track for this mission. maybe the first 6 days. i suck at FoW and Need help.

Dubloh

Re: C21 - Lin's Gambit

Post by Dubloh » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:04 pm

Really all you need to do for that map is play your sea units defensivly for the first few turns to allow Greytfield's naval units to expose themselves out in the open and then blow his B-Ships away with your subs and his supporting naval units with your cruisers and gunboats. All the while you should be capturing properties near your base (only 1 or two infantry is needed). All your land units save a bike that should capture the middle island and the leftmost Rig and its infantry nearby (to capture the leftmost island) should be directed to the right side of the map. Just keep producing direct and indirect units as you see fit to push Greyfield back on land. Keep building supporting units to push him back to his factory. Once you take the factory the rest of the map is a piece of cake. If you need to (and can afford it) produce a a carrier, battleship etc. to help you with the land battle. (Carrier to produce seaplanes is very effective, battleship for long indirect support is helpfull too) and everything should fall into place.

Hope I helped, I know it wasn't D2D but I'm sure you cna manage, the hardest part of any mission is just starting it and hanging in there until you get yourself established with a secure base and strategy.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:46 pm

Four months later, I kind of doubt that he'll check for an answer now.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:42 am

Well, I am reading it now.
And I guess it will help me.

Funny how help topics turn out.

Broken Link

Post by Broken Link » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:07 pm

Helped me too. Heh, his B-Ships were always blowing me away.