Effects of Hidden CO Powers

Paralysed by Von Bolt? Kindle caning you? Ask for help on all Advance Wars games here.
DieselPheonix

Effects of Hidden CO Powers

Post by DieselPheonix » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:45 am

How would not being able to see how much your opponent has charged affect a game? This is under AW1-DS settings and not a universal attribute i.e. think Sonja's HP, but with the CO Power meter. You would know when a CO with this attribute has used a Power and which one, however.

It may be easier to imagine if the CO did something like increase movement or range. When you see such a CO can use such a Power, you would arrange your units to minimize damage, correct? If the Power is hidden, would the element of surprise offset the loss of such leverage or would it be a hindrance?

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Re: Effects of Hidden CO Powers

Post by DTaeKim » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:47 am

It would be less annoying than Sonja's hidden HP because you only have to keep track of the CO meter. If you know the charge rate, you can estimate how much is charged.
What can change the nature of a man?

DieselPheonix

Post by DieselPheonix » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:46 am

How would you utilize such an ability, especially in the second scenario?

-STL-

Post by -STL- » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:58 am

You can also just watch for the zone size...

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:15 pm

-STL-, he was asking about AW1-AWDS. You would be right with the zone change though.

As for your second scenario, I don't normally adjust for increased movement. I do adjust for increased range. Again, if I keep track of the charge in my head, it wouldn't change that much. I might speak for myself, but I do keep track of the enemy CO bar during the match. I always check to see if making that one additional attack might trigger a counterattack that will punish my actions.
What can change the nature of a man?