Spiral Freaking Garden (NC)

Paralysed by Von Bolt? Kindle caning you? Ask for help on all Advance Wars games here.
Messenger Of Dreams2
Location: In a Yellow Comet seen once in a Blue Moon above this Green Earth shining like an Orange Star.

Spiral Freaking Garden (NC)

Post by Messenger Of Dreams2 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:09 pm

I really hate this mission and that you can't skip it like in AW2. I hardly freaking want goddamn Piperunners anymore, but I have to finish this. This is harder than ANY AW2 Mission for me. It's just- JESUS. I could probably freaking beat the entire campaign over again and skip the lab map before I get this son of a b***h.

Anyway, I've tried going behind their backs, I tried capturing all properties,both of which are hard enough, but as soon as I hit their base area, I'm f**ked. Any advice?

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: Spiral Freaking Garden (NC)

Post by Dragon Fogel » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:20 pm

I recall the key being to rush for the upper-right base, and keep it defended. (Not particularly hard to do.) You'll keep Kindle's expansion locked down and then only have to deal with the predeployeds on most of the map, which isn't too bad on NC. Capturing every other city will give you enough properties without having to bother entering Kindle's base area.

Also! You can avoid Urban Blight if fewer than 10% of your units are on cities; for most of the map, this means no more than two units at a time. Keep this in mind when Kindle's power meter hits three stars. When it fills up, go on as many cities as you please, because she'll use High Society instead. This is more important in HC than NC, but it's still useful to know here.
Dragon Fogel,
Marquis Elmdor's Arch-Nemesis

Don't call me "Dragon".

WWN's War Room High Scores: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt
AW1 version: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt

Messenger Of Dreams2
Location: In a Yellow Comet seen once in a Blue Moon above this Green Earth shining like an Orange Star.

Post by Messenger Of Dreams2 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:49 pm

Strategy worked brilliantly! :D I almost feel kinda stupid. Ah, well, on I go!

eliascpsells

Post by eliascpsells » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:48 pm

I stole your signature!
hehehehe
by the way, i found this stage very easy (and i did it on hard mode, mainly cuz i forgot to in easy mode). u just have to prevent kindle from capturing 15 cities, and that's sort of easy. even if its just 14 cities that they have, but there are no neutral, u can win. just dont let her capture urs, but that shouldnt be hard.
Professor Frink: "Pi is exactly 3!!!!"

Audience: "*Gasp!!*"
Frink: "I'm sorry it had to come to that."

Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEIwzueG5UI for the funniest Advance Wars parody.

"Have you ever watched yourself die? It is FASCINATING!"

Gabriel

Post by Gabriel » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:05 pm

Messenger Of Dreams2 wrote:I really hate this mission and that you can't skip it like in AW2. I hardly freaking want goddamn Piperunners anymore, but I have to finish this. This is harder than ANY AW2 Mission for me. It's just- JESUS. I could probably freaking beat the entire campaign over again and skip the lab map before I get this son of a b***h.

Anyway, I've tried going behind their backs, I tried capturing all properties,both of which are hard enough, but as soon as I hit their base area, I'm f**ked. Any advice?
it can be skipped. also, watch your mouth. base area, is that around the NE base or near the laboratory? actually its very easy with colin, money and star power skills, for me. so i'd recommend that. to get the piperunners, use a bait, preferably a recon (this tip is easy to do if you advance recon west as much as possible), place the recon just inside the range of the piperunner, and you should be able to attack w/ tank on next day if you moved your units right. also buy an anti air asap. and make the best of infantry and apcs in cooperation with artilleries and tanks to break pipe seams and get your base number to increase AS FAST AS POSSIBLE by using your infantries and apcs and tanks and right to get your infantries to capture bases as soon as possible. but fight the enemy first if they hinder you/are a threat to ONLY (i believe) your infantries and maybe all kinds of tanks and air units except t copter. the pricier the unit, the more important it is to protect it, although infantries can be the most important to protect.try to get high society instead of urban blight, only happens if less than 10% of your units are on bases or her entire meter is full, for sure! or if you can keep her meter under 3 stars, but she might use on her turn if she gets over 3 stars when she is attacking you on her turn. dont go for the laboratory, elimination is easiest, in my opinion. this t9-dictionary doesnt have the word howbeit nor suicide, WHAT.