Those damn battleships!

Paralysed by Von Bolt? Kindle caning you? Ask for help on all Advance Wars games here.
Litzana

Those damn battleships!

Post by Litzana » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:09 pm

Okay, so I beat Drake's Dilemma (thanks everyone who gave me strategy tips!) But now I'm stuck again. Both the following Green Earth missions that follow on are giving me a lot of trouble.

Sea Fortress - So first time I played through this I thought it'd be pretty straightforward. I wiped out Hawke's jets and copters without much problem... But with my bombers being pummeled with missiles, cruisers and black cannons I just didn't have enough firepower to kill the back four cannons.

Sinking Feeling - I'm failing more on this one because of the time limit than anything else. I get the overall feel of what I need to do, but every time I haven't managed to destroy even half the ships in the time limit.

Anyone got strategy tips for these two missions? ^^

-Litz

ThunderWalker

Re: Those damn battleships!

Post by ThunderWalker » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:21 pm

Sea Fortress: Avoid the cannons and don't let Hawke get any first strike on you. It is also helpful to join units together when they reach 6 HP or lower.

Sinking Feeling is a mission that is somewhat nightmarish especially in Hard Campaign. First you should buy a Lander and load it up with Infantry, capturing the properties on the western island. Then buy a battleship or two as well as Artillery in the eastern factory block and pummel the batteleships. Be aggressive, it is possible and actually not hard once you know how to handle it.

Note: it is ages ago I played both missions.
My sig is a void.

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:22 am

The big trick to Sea Fortress is using Lightning Strike before Hawke can use his powers.

Also, don't destroy the cannons on the main island until you've destroyed the ones on the back. The anti-airs can't attack you if you don't destroy the cannons, so if you finish all four on the last turn, you won't have to worry about the anti-airs. Focus on the missiles and on getting bombers safely in range to hit the back cannons.
Dragon Fogel,
Marquis Elmdor's Arch-Nemesis

Don't call me "Dragon".

WWN's War Room High Scores: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt
AW1 version: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt

Litzana

Post by Litzana » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:40 pm

Okay dokie, a quick update. Managed to get close (soooo close!) to beating Sea Fortress... It ended with one cannon on 20hp before his AA killed my last bomber.
All the times I've played this mission, Hawke got his super CO power first. How am I to ensure I get lightning Strike first?

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:58 am

Don't give Hawke any chance to attack with his AA. They have a very limited range they can move in until you destroy the cannons on the main island. Stay out of that range and hold off on destroying any of those four cannons until you can take them all out at once. And again, go for the cannons at the back first.

To avoid Hawke charging up his super first, don't attack his B-Copters right away. They can only attack your B-Copters, not your planes, so you can hold off destroying them until you have a chance to attack more of Hawke's units on the same turn. Use your planes to block the path to some of your B-Copters so you can attack Hawke's on the next turn, and keep the rest out of range.
Dragon Fogel,
Marquis Elmdor's Arch-Nemesis

Don't call me "Dragon".

WWN's War Room High Scores: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt
AW1 version: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt

Gabriel

Post by Gabriel » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:19 pm

god can help