I need help on Mission 5,"Neverending War", on HC

Paralysed by Von Bolt? Kindle caning you? Ask for help on all Advance Wars games here.

I need help on Mission 5,"Neverending War", on HC

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:53 am

Can anyone help me on this mission like what COs to use or any tips?

Who_Drank_My_Milk

Post by Who_Drank_My_Milk » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:37 am

Colin:
Rank 9

Combat Pay, Sale Price, Gold Rush, Fire Sale

Sasha:
Rank 9

Combat Pay, Sale Price, Gold Rush, Fire Sale

at least, that's how I did it. along with the help of chaos-creator with the skills.
Image Image
The Red Dude: "Gimme beer, punk!" The Archer Guy: "Sorry, I seem to have lost my keys."

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:02 am

One thing I did last time that proved quite effective was sending all the starting mechs north. I managed to take the base and city in that area and pump out an artillery and a stream of mechs, which kept Koal pretty busy in the upper area. For some reason, he was reluctant to attack a mech on the city with more than one unit.

I used Olaf/Drake that time. No skills, as usual for me. It probably helps with most CO combinations - I'll have to try the map again to mess around with it more fully, but that's not going to be for a while.
Dragon Fogel,
Marquis Elmdor's Arch-Nemesis

Don't call me "Dragon".

WWN's War Room High Scores: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt
AW1 version: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt

Banzo803

Post by Banzo803 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:08 pm

Just cheese you way though with a eagle/Sami tag. Eagle moves the APC, moves it again, drop infantry on mountain 5 spots away and the VM to victory. Hell i got 300 pt S rank without the Airport.
Chill on the Mexican stereotypes before I get my macho burrito and whip your butt like a candy-filled pinata, you filthy gringo. - Marceux <3

Winners of the Breakdancing Monk Stamp of Approval Award: 4
-Gameshark
-DTaeKim
-Dark Conscience
-Shift Breaker

AWboy

Post by AWboy » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:06 am

I found Rachel/Nell to be most effective. Easily removed those Neotanks he churns out, so a flood of lucky tanks ate Koal alive.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:12 am

Did anyone notice that the tags suggested are cheap as hell? First Colin/Sasha, then Sami/Eagle, and then Rachel/Nell!

Banzo803

Post by Banzo803 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:22 am

your point?
Chill on the Mexican stereotypes before I get my macho burrito and whip your butt like a candy-filled pinata, you filthy gringo. - Marceux <3

-Gameshark
-DTaeKim
-Dark Conscience
-Shift Breaker

Kiltman2

Post by Kiltman2 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:43 am

i used sami/jake tag, and nabbed the airport pretty quickly and spammed bombers to win. At the northern bit, i used a choke point of mech, artillaries and a couple of tanks. Just held them back til i won.

xFlameMaster

Post by xFlameMaster » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:10 am

i got an S rank using Adder/Koal. Just work your way towards the airport and MASS ARTILLERY SPAM to fight off enemy Md and Neo Tanks in the north.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:39 am

^ First non-broken tag combos in this topic so far FTW.

EagleM

Post by EagleM » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:12 pm

i used ajke and rachel and got the airport and slaughtered them. EASY!!!!

Banzo803

Post by Banzo803 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:20 pm

have you already beaten NC?

-Gameshark
-DTaeKim
-Dark Conscience
-Shift Breaker

Nobody

Post by Nobody » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:17 pm

I used...Andy. If you don't care about your score, just rush for the airport. Just don't be stupid and do stuff like allow all of your units to get first-striked by the AI. Getting a good score on it simply means that you have to actually think a little about unit placement. I got an S-rank this way. This mission is scary the first time through but not that bad your second time around. It's no Kanbei's Error? AC in AW1.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:24 pm

Banzo803 wrote:have you already beaten NC?

If he's at HC, of course he's done NC, stupid!

Banzo803

Post by Banzo803 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:58 pm

see, the thing is Bog, i know EagleM in person, he only got his DS a few days ago, and he asked for help on mission 16, Omens and Signs, whihc would probably be a healthy checkpoint on NC after a few days of owning the game. My post was of geniune surprise if he is at HC (which i doubt, as it's very difficult to beat it this fast). Considering the lack of proper help and coherence in the post, i doubt he actually knows what he's talking about.

I know what I'm posting Bog, i don't need you stated the obvious.

-Gameshark
-DTaeKim
-Dark Conscience
-Shift Breaker

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:00 pm

Well I didn't know that, did I. How was I supposed to know? Phychic powers? >_>

Banzo803

Post by Banzo803 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:02 pm

well, maybe you should think there's something behind a seemingly stupid post from an otherwise coherent and intelligent poster.

Funny thing is, in that post you seem to been hoping to bust my chops. Little do you know my chops are unbustable.

-Gameshark
-DTaeKim
-Dark Conscience
-Shift Breaker

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:31 am

Banzo803 wrote:well, maybe you should think there's something behind a seemingly stupid post from an otherwise coherent and intelligent poster.

Well, I wouldn't go QUITE THAT far. >_>

AWboy

Post by AWboy » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:56 am

bog-bog wrote:Did anyone notice that the tags suggested are cheap as hell? First Colin/Sasha, then Sami/Eagle, and then Rachel/Nell!

See, the thing about that is when you are working through the game for the first time, most people don't care about cheap. The words broken, balance, and cheap don't apply to one-player mode, unless applied to the CPU. Unless you want a challenge, you don't worry about cheapness. Balance is applied to multiplayer so we don't assume I'm better than Frank when I beat him using Colin/Sasha. (Something that I won't attempt, because I don't want to.) I use broken tags all the time in Hard Campaign, because I don't want to spend a month figuring out how to do it the fair way. I just want to do it.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:51 am

The time I use broken tags are on Crystal Calamity and Pincer Strike. The rest is usually an Andy/Kanbei tag if it's HC, or whatever CO fits the moment if it's NC. I never use Colin unless I'm really pissed off and want to break something.

AWboy

Post by AWboy » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:34 am

Objection!

An Andy/Kanbei tag is hardly a balanced tag. Kanbei never has to pay for expensive repairs, and Andy will be able to heal them because they never die.

Plus, anybody who hasn't beat Hard Campaign probably wants to finish it for Von Bolt abd the new forces.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:15 am

The whole point of a tag is that the COs work well together. The only exceptions are COs that work TOO WELL together.

AWboy

Post by AWboy » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:39 am

Hold It!

So you decide that based on what, tag stars? Eagle/Sami is a three star tag, but it is generally accepted as balanced or overpowered, because they take forever to charge. If they had no tag stars, the only way we would have discovered that they work well together is because an AW1 fan decided to give it a shot. Teams like Andy/Kanbei are dismissed because people prefer using starred tags, and don't examine how powerful unstarred tags are.

The defense rests.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:50 am

Did I say that? Adder and Flak anyone? Koal and Max?

'Nuff said.

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:36 pm

STFU with your useless spam

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:42 pm

How ironic.
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.
You look awesome. - Shift Breaker

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis