Crystal Calamity NC

Paralysed by Von Bolt? Kindle caning you? Ask for help on all Advance Wars games here.
Advance_Wars_N00b

Post by Advance_Wars_N00b » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:22 am

I wish you guys could be more friendly on someone who's on his FIRST TIME playing this difficult mission. I've had over 5 losses and all your strategies didn't work.

You should try thinking about those who have only encountered this mission as well as those who beat it and are now using their powered COs to beat it again.

Advance_Wars_N00b

Post by Advance_Wars_N00b » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:42 am

And before you start talking about "the rest is easy", I find the missile capture easy but destroying the Black Obelisk hard.

And wake up over there! I'm getting restless for strategies

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:49 am

Is this Guesty the second? >_>

Well, the way I usually destroy the obelisk is to move a rocket into range as OS, and then tag. Not the prettiest method but it gets the job done.
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.
You look awesome. - Shift Breaker

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

Advance_Wars_N00b

Post by Advance_Wars_N00b » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:08 am

Hang on a minute, how do you do that without making Black Hole build a Piperunner that destroys it everytime it's in range?

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:12 am

I didn't ever notice Black Hole build a piperunner, but then I haven't played the mission in a while. If possible, I guess you could distract it with GE's units?
It took me a solid three minutes to fully comprehend your hair, Fallers. - Deoxy
Yes fal, you've got a good sense of style, you're clean shaven, and the cat on your head dares not move itself.

I swear, you two are the worst couple ever. You've somehow managed to PDA on the internet through text. - Xenesis

Atticus

Post by Atticus » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:18 am

Advance_Wars_N00b wrote:I wish you guys could be more friendly on someone who's on his FIRST TIME playing this difficult mission. I've had over 5 losses and all your strategies didn't work.

You should try thinking about those who have only encountered this mission as well as those who beat it and are now using their powered COs to beat it again.

Believe me, we are probably the nicest people among AW sites, but if you wine some people will begin to be elitist, so don't.

Piperunner? Never seen that on this mission. It possible, granted, so I'm not calling you a liar. Well then, you could try luring it near you and blast it with a tank.

At this pouint, I think you should put it down. Take a break. Believe me, as I speak from experience, putting it down for a while and trying again in a week or so will help a lot.
"Attie, man. When did you become this totally kickass dude?"- Linky
"Personally, I'm perfectly fine with anything that makes this world not suck to live in"- SJCrew

Advance_Wars_N00b

Post by Advance_Wars_N00b » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:29 am

Put the game down for a week? :shock:

Look, it does work for me but it's nearly time to go back to school and I'm seeking to get all COs before term starts. :(

If you've got a really good strategy that doesn't make Black Hole build a too strong unit or at least a real dtd guide.That would really help me forget this hard-as-hell mission. :D

Advance_Wars_N00b

Post by Advance_Wars_N00b » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:55 am

And just to let you know, I beat most of the missions in the game using dtd guides. I suck THAT BAD.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:00 am

Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice

Kapeesh?

Everyone Else: De Ja Vu, anyone?

Advance_Wars_N00b

Post by Advance_Wars_N00b » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:52 am

:?

Could someone get RadioShadow for me please? I know he's an expert on the harder missions

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:18 am

Unfortunately, he isn't around at the mo, but I will PM him for you. He isn't exactly the "expert", but he's pretty good.

Or you could just use my tactics. Colin/Sasha for GE. Jess/Javier for BM. Grimm/Jake for OS. As GE, fight off the initial force, and ten spam Infantry to get to the silos. As OS, get to the silos as soon as possible, using T-Copters, and then hold out for a few turns. As BM, using Jess, swamp the Neotank using Mechs, and then make a rush for the Towers. Switch to Javier. Secure all the silos in that area. It's a good idea to keep one Infantry on the island silo near BM's HQ. Fire it if Black Oynx is about to shoot a beam. Then, as Jake, move a Rocket into position behind the seam (DO NOT DESTROY THAT SEAM), use his S/COP, and fire over at crystal.

I hope this helps.

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:21 am

If you got this far with D2D guides, you didn't learn anything about the game.

Second, Radioshadow isn't an expert. All he did was take someone else's strategies and make them more viewable.

Third, if you're still having trouble with this mission, you ought to restart the entire campaign and try to learn a semblence of strategy.

I have no pity for people who want a quick fix to any solution.
What can change the nature of a man?

Advance_Wars_N00b

Mission 22 Complete

Post by Advance_Wars_N00b » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:06 am

Nevermind I beat it.

I did start with d2d but when it showed me the general strategy I managed to get Sasha's Rocket in position with defensive cover from other units and fired away.

RadioShadow

Post by RadioShadow » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:56 am

Advance_Wars_N00b wrote::?

Could someone get RadioShadow for me please? I know he's an expert on the harder missions

That level has been bugging me for ages and I still can't S-Rank. Well you seen to have beaten the level on it so well done. :wink:

DTaeKim wrote:If you got this far with D2D guides, you didn't learn anything about the game.

Second, Radioshadow isn't an expert. All he did was take someone else's strategies and make them more viewable.

Third, if you're still having trouble with this mission, you ought to restart the entire campaign and try to learn a semblance of strategy.

I have no pity for people who want a quick fix to any solution.

First, *slaps DTaekim for not putting a captial S in RS’s name*.

Second. WHAT?

The only guide I've made more readable was the 5 Day Spann Island by xxthunderxx.

The Pincer Strike one I made by myself although other people had similar ideas to the one I came up with. These I never saw when I was creating the guide. But the 3 day guide I written works almost 100% of the time.

Jake's Trial HC was also done by mean but I will admit the COs to use, Sami andJess were suggested by more than 1 person. The strategy however was my own.

I think that covers it.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:34 pm

I got a 282-point S-Rank on that level. OS didn't really take much damage during my play-through. >_>

Mr.Mario

Post by Mr.Mario » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:54 am

BM: Javier/Grimm
GE: Jake/Jess

Green team is going to have a rough time. Ideally, you should be able to use Sasha to prevent them from using the tag. Once your own tag comes around, the Obelisk will be fairly easy to destroy. Remember to lure the Megatank to Orange team's area.

That's how I did it, at least. The only annoying thing was the power, since the team that finishes the mission will have its power ranked, not the other ones.

Advance_Wars_N00b

Post by Advance_Wars_N00b » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:57 am

To Shoop Da Whoop:

Ahem.

Never...mind...I...beat...it.

How hard was that for you to read? I've been past CC for a few days now and now I'm stuck on Ring of Fire.

To Radioshadow:

If you're known for making strategies more easy to understand then can you try to make AWRev's strategy for Ring of Fire a little more d2d? I started losing after Day 1.

Kiltman2

Post by Kiltman2 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:02 am

Here's a strat

1/ Pick Grit on the bottom

Done

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:04 am

Grit isn't a playable character on that mission.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:13 am

He is on HC, but this is NC. Just use Jake w/ S/COP as a substitute.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:33 am

Yeah. I used Sasha/Jake there.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:37 am

I believe he was refering to Ring of Fire, where Grit *is* playable in NC.
Dragon Fogel,
Marquis Elmdor's Arch-Nemesis

Don't call me "Dragon".

WWN's War Room High Scores: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt
AW1 version: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:50 am

Oh. Forgive me my mistake. I should've read the previous messages more thoroughly(sp?).

Frankdeslimste

Post by Frankdeslimste » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:39 am

I thought D2D's failed because the AI was unpredictable? Guess I'm wrong then...

And from what I remember I used a Grit/Kanbei tag. Kanbei sweeped the upper screen for me.
I bet the bastard is throwing a party with a huge poster of a 2HP B-copter ~ Linkman 145
I like Frankie, so nyeh. ~ Linkman 145
Dammit now I have a bunch of emails in my inbox saying 'Dirty Penguin Sex Notification' ~ Thefalman

Mr.Mario

Post by Mr.Mario » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:42 am

Advance_Wars_N00b wrote:To Shoop Da Whoop:

Ahem.

Never...mind...I...beat...it.

How hard was that for you to read? I've been past CC for a few days now and now I'm stuck on Ring of Fire.

I wasn't giving advice directly to you. It was in case anyone else needed it. >_>

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:57 am

D2D can work if it's within the first few days. On a small map, D2Ds can work for up to 10 days or so. On larger maps, you're lucky if the D2D works after 6.

Of course, I'm talking about deployed maps. No units on both sides. All bets are off with predeployed units.
What can change the nature of a man?

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:49 am

HPD wrote:Oh. Forgive me my mistake. I should've read the previous messages more thoroughly(sp?).

Eagle 7754

Post by Eagle 7754 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:47 am

I CANT BEAT H FREAKING C CRYSTAL CALAMITY CAPITAL LETTERS LOL

thefalman
Star CO
Star CO

Post by thefalman » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:54 am

acairnx

Post by acairnx » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:10 am

What units should I be building first for GE near the beginning?
I'm having no problems with BM but when/where should I build/put my AA to defend the black bomb?Or should I just ignore it?

Mr.Mario

Post by Mr.Mario » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:50 am

Lure the black bomb on the first turn by placing all of the orange team's units on the cities and airport by the pipeline.

I would suggest leaving the green team idle the first turn so the megatank doesn't attack them.