Leveling CO's

Paralysed by Von Bolt? Kindle caning you? Ask for help on all Advance Wars games here.
GreenEarth

Leveling CO's

Post by GreenEarth » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:20 am

I made a giant mistake. I have Jake at level like 12 or 13, and the rest are either 1, 2, 3 or 0. What's the easiest way to level COs?

ThrawnFett

Post by ThrawnFett » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:24 am

Play the game...

<_<

>_>

Seriously, finish the campaign and HC once and most of your COs will be almost level 10...

If you really want to level quickly, Muck Amok HC over and over...
Wow. We went from a cynical look at history repeating itself and Pichu swearing to Veggie Tales. Thrawn is definitely online. ~Pichu
You know, I have this feeling that one day your sig will be nothing but an archive of witticisms I've made over the years. ~Pichu
"Frankly, I wish that everybody was a little more like you. We'd certainly see less asinine behaviour all over the world." -Terragent

GreenEarth

I'm not even done the NC.

Post by GreenEarth » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:41 am

I've been too busy trying to find ways to level my CO's

DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO

Post by DTaeKim » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:56 am

Play the game. Seriously.
What can change the nature of a man?

GreenEarth

Post by GreenEarth » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:48 pm

ARG!!!

That doesn't help at all!

I just want a way to level my CO's without doing the campaign!

i.e. level them FAST without doing missions because I just wanna be a cheap ass and keep using +20% defense skills.

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:13 pm

You really don't need it for NC. Besides, you can't use some COs outside of Campaign until you get far enough in it.

Muck Amok is your best chance before clearing Campaign, get that far at least and keep a save file before actually starting the mission. Save in a different slot after you finish. You can get 1000 Exp per CO if you destroy everything and get 100 in all categories, not that hard to do, then load up your save from before the mission and you can do it again, keeping the Exp.

Once you've unlocked Hard Campaign, if you can make your way to Mission 4 (only Mission 1 is particularly tough) then you can clear it fairly quickly for 600 Exp for two COs. (Points are doubled in HC.) Muck Amok HC is even better, but it's a lot further along.

If you insist on doing it now, here's a fairly simple way.

War Room, Spann Island, 1.5 Exp Mode.

Use Sami, and whoever you want to level up in the second slot.

Then use the 5-day method (I forget it offhand, you should be able to find it).

You'll get 450 Exp for each CO.

Alternatively, play whichever Survival mode you find easiest, get high scores on the individual maps until it gets tough, then yield and you'll get all the Exp from the map scores you've gotten so far. This gets more profitable once you've *finished* a Survival mode, as you can buy the Champion course and get a bonus for the number of maps you got through before yielding.

Simply put, though, you'll get ranks a *lot* faster once you have access to HC Muck Amok, or even NC Muck Amok. The missions prior to that in NC aren't especially tough, for the most part, even if you go without skills entirely. And if you've got Jake at that high of a level you should have access to enough cheap skills to get there.

And, getting there will probably be a good deal more interesting than going through Spann Island or a Survival mode repeatedly.

I really suggest just taking everybody else's advice and just playing through the game, at least until Muck Amok.
Dragon Fogel,
Marquis Elmdor's Arch-Nemesis

Don't call me "Dragon".

WWN's War Room High Scores: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt
AW1 version: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt

Mr.Mario

Post by Mr.Mario » Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:21 am

AW: DS NC isn't hard. Just clear it [or at least clear Crystal Calamity] to get more COs.

I found HC the best and most open-ended method for leveling COs, though Turn Survival abuse worked for a while.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:23 am

Go on Spann Island 2.0x with Sami and whatever CO you want to level. Do Radioshadow's 5-day 300pt S-Rank Spann Island guide over and over. 1000 points takes about 5 minutes.

GreenEarth

Post by GreenEarth » Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:30 pm

I'm going to do the Spann Island one, but on 2.5x. I think my Sami is only level 1 ;_;

D13

Post by D13 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:38 pm

My advice: Stop caring about alt costumes and force ranks. It just wastes time. Play AWBW instead.

Or just play the game.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:36 am

I'd quite like to get my AWDS 300-Medal'd.

Only 47 more to go.

psychotic guy

Post by psychotic guy » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:54 am

D13 wrote:My advice: Stop caring about alt costumes and force ranks. It just wastes time. Play AWBW instead.

Or just play the game.
QFT

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:24 pm

D13 wrote:My advice: Stop caring about alt costumes and force ranks. It just wastes time. Play AWBW instead.

Or just play the game.
Business Jugger does not approve of this attitude.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:44 pm

Actually, the best way to powerlevel a CO is to do Jelly Island. Anybody with bland-or-better infantry can do it in 5 days in 2.0, and Sami can do it in 2.5. Since it's a DS map, both COs get experience even in 2.0 and 2.5, so that's 600 or 750 experience per attempt for two COs.