Something broken is festering in the land

This board section is for creation of Custom COs under the Advance system. Users are encouraged to rate and comment on other's COs.
Mark_009_vn

Something broken is festering in the land

Post by Mark_009_vn » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:32 pm

Name: Vasiliy "Trigger Finger" Dynamo

-Faction/Army: EA Games.

-In Game Biography: A Ukrainian gun seller who could go Super Saiyan.
-Profile quote:"Wut?"

:hit: Nothing.
:miss: You.

-Description: Age 22, 1.8 meter in height, weights 180 lbs. Wears a worn hooded leather jacket and blue jeans.

-Personality: a Pain in the ass. Quite a ladies man.

-History: Was born in 1986 near the radioactive wasteland of the Chernobyl Excursion Zone. High level of radiation have gave him AK47s for hands. Being called Vasiliy "Trigger Finger", he couldn't really go out with any woman without accidentally shot them to death. That is why on 15th of March 2012, he joins the Orange Star army at hope of finding a woman who is badass enough to dodge at bullet travelling at 2000 miles per hour. He got his first combat experience on April 1st 2012, where Orange Star invaded Cuba to attend to their growing need of cigars and sugar canes, his fireteam were tasked with the mission to kill the local Catholic priest, who have now became badass and pinned down the 1st Armored Division by him self for 3 consecutive months, using only his custom tailored cheese grater. His fireteam (consisting of Richard Simmons, Lee Ermey, Jackie Chan, Mao Zedong, Chuck Norris and Jesus) suffered heavy losses. However, with his great leadership, he ordered the last surviving members under his command to blast the Catholic priest with piss, right in the eye. The priest, blinded, was then been beaten to death with a dead horse. It took 12 hours for Vasiliy and his team to crack his skull open, but finally he did it. After the invasion of Cuba and the fall of Western civilization to the might of the Orange Star empire, he was finally be able to woo a woman, Sami, who could enter "The Matrix". However, that angers Adoft Eagle, who still wants to sleep with Sami and ten other different women that he stored in his basement. So he became the Fuhrer of Nazi Germany and invaded Poland. Vasiliy then teamed up with the Soviet Union to fight the ever growing Nazi party. In 2027, after 15 years of nuclear warfare, 90% of War World's population have died either due radioactive kittens or been forced to serve the Eastern Front. Since all that time, Eagle has now became severely bald and unattractive due to radiation poisoning, McCain have grown a cool mustache, and Duke Nukem was forever forgotten in gaming. Due to car bombings by Talibans and the lack of cigars and sugar canes, in 2033, the Soviet Union and the Nazi party crumbles. Vasiliy and Eagle, along with 10% left of the population, leave the barren surface of the planet, which has now became unfit for human population, to leave in an ever growing underground known as the "Metro".

CO's Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZweYew2AnA

Quotes:

Power: Vati petusara!
Haba suka!

Victory: How do you like me now you ass wiping Irish bastard?

Defeat: Look at me, i got guns for hands! You know how hard is it to eat pizza or pay my bills with these hand?

:skill: Skill: Having AKs for hands, he always have to remain hidden from gun law enforcers.
-D2D: Hidden HP, 100/100

CO Power Meter: :smallstar: :smallstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:

:power: CO Power: Super Saiyan.
He went Super Saiyan and became badass for a turn. Unfortunately he's extra vulnerable toward lawsuits for copyright infringement. His counterattack got weaker and he looses his Hidden HP.
-125/100 directs. 100/110 for transports and indirects. Counter attacks are 110/100, hidden HP is removed

:super: Super CO Power: Super Super Saiyan.
He went Super Super Saiyan and became forever badass. He's less vulnerable to law suits now, but still looses his hidden HP.
-110/120 for all units, +1 movement for infantries, indirects, and transports, +1 range for indirects, Hidden HP removed.
Last edited by Mark_009_vn on Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:49 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Remember not to feed the animals

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: Something broken is festering in the land

Post by HPD » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:20 am

Ahahaha. This guy is so much like Epoch. Only worse.
See: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=233

So yeah, uh, Epoch is probably the most balanced version of this CO. It's already been done.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Mark_009_vn

Post by Mark_009_vn » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:57 am

Whoa, kind of surprising how much of a resemblance it had, and it was perfectly unintentional. In the first version of this guy, his COP allows him to have +1 range to all units but indirects, at the penalty that he couldn't move, and his SCOP boosts his indirects range by one (he was suppose to be a replacement for Grit). The star cost for the COP was then found completely impossible to balance, 2 stars was way too expensive, 1 star was way too powerful. That is when I decided to change his mechanics, so I came up with an idea of guerrilla warfare, and the only way I could do that is to implement the Hidden HP. His SCOP was kept the way it was it is and I just balanced it around, adding the +1 movement to allow it to keep up with other, more powerful SCOPs.

I did that all afternoon on Nightmare2 while listening to this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLO34jgrahs

The other stuff I wrote around this guy was all thought up on the move as I wrote the topic, just for the hilarity of it since at least it is less cliche than most CO descriptions out there.

eliascpsells

Post by eliascpsells » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:27 am

His cop doesnt't seem strong to me. Maybe the hidden hp, but 110/90 is worse than 100/100 because of defense being better than offense.
Professor Frink: "Pi is exactly 3!!!!"

Audience: "*Gasp!!*"
Frink: "I'm sorry it had to come to that."

Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEIwzueG5UI for the funniest Advance Wars parody.

"Have you ever watched yourself die? It is FASCINATING!"

Mark_009_vn

Post by Mark_009_vn » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:13 pm

Well, 110/90 could only be worse than 100/100 on terrains with defense status higher than +10, as the differences created by the broken damage calculator upon terrains with 1-2 stars where so low that it makes almost no difference what's or ever(when a Co's standard defense got stacked with terrain defense, it'd be higher than what intended, but that would only be noticeable when the overall defense is +30 or more). So unless your units are on cities or maybe forests, you'd get screwed then. The CO creation guide told you that defense is better than offense mostly due to the defense differences upon cities and mountains, which by D2D attrition would be quite weaker.

I'm going to change this guy anyway, as I don't like how he's too much of a clone of Epoch.

Mark_009_vn

Post by Mark_009_vn » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:02 am

Heavily changed this guy today.

eliascpsells

Post by eliascpsells » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:44 am

I don't know how I would rate this CO. SCOP seems kinda meh. He does get movement, but Adder get's +2 movement for ALL units, not just the ones u listed. He also gets that standard 110/110 for all units, and for the same star cost.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but giving movement power to indirects doesn't really affect them at all to me, as they cant move and shoot (unless you are a battleship from AWDoR).

Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEIwzueG5UI for the funniest Advance Wars parody.

Mark_009_vn

Post by Mark_009_vn » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:43 am

Well, this is actually just a draft about the overall concept. I forgot to tell that I've only balanced this guy somewhat in my hack, as it follows the rule where COP can only allow you to have stat boosts at the maximum of +10, and SCOP only allow you to have stat boosts at the maximum of +20 (I never really like it when insane amount of firepower got packed into a single day). I'll have to tweak it alot later to get the optimal result from him, and maybe even release a hack with him playable.

Mark_009_vn

Post by Mark_009_vn » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:12 pm

Mess around with the stats a bit, and throws in some random offensive crumpets in the CO power descriptions.

eliascpsells

Post by eliascpsells » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:57 am

That is quite an, "outgoing" CO. Seems well balanced though, unless i missed something.

Mark_009_vn

Post by Mark_009_vn » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:54 pm

That is quite an, "outgoing" CO
Well kinda, the mechanic around this guy really is a mind game, if he uses his COP, it have the potential to be terribly effective due to the rather low star cost, but could also back fires hazardously due to the fact that not only hidden HP is removed, but if the enemy uses his/her COP to counter, you're screwed. Then you have another option, that is to save up for the SCOP, which is albeit not as powerful as a double COP, is ALOT safer. So really you have think alot when you use this guy, play the hidden HP mind game until you find a good exploit in the opposing army and use COP, or play defensively using the hidden HP and SCOP.
Seems well balanced though, unless i missed something.
If 3 days worth of testing doesn't make him balanced, I don't know what would. :D

Crystal Guard 292

Post by Crystal Guard 292 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:26 pm

The flavor of this CO is... nauseating.
"It's game storage...THAT'LL TOTALLY PUNCH YOUR BALLS OFF! EXTREEEEEME!" -Airrider
"Well, he lives in Aussie land, where up is down and hamburgers eat people." -Familyguyman
"I'll get to it tomorrow." -Heropsychodreamer01

eliascpsells

Post by eliascpsells » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:32 pm

I'm with CG. What I meant by "outgoing" is the way his personality is. It's so, supposed to be in the adult section. I never glanced at the history/bio before because, well, I didn't care. A single look at it though, and I scrolled away. Please, change that part.

PLEASE!!!

Mark_009_vn

Post by Mark_009_vn » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:11 pm

Ha ha ha, I'll keep the cheese grater part still. :D

eliascpsells

Post by eliascpsells » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:53 am

That's alot better.

I love his fireteam. I laughed at that part.

"You really are Duffman. Then I must be Jesus! Up up and away!!"