A CCO: Director Jefferson Wilson

This board section is for creation of Custom COs under the Advance system. Users are encouraged to rate and comment on other's COs.
89305092R

A CCO: Director Jefferson Wilson

Post by 89305092R » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:03 pm

Name: Jefferson Wilson

Allegiance: Orange Star

History: One of the unsung heroes of the long war between Orange Star and Blue Moon, Jefferson Wilson was a respected senior agent with the OSIS (Orange Star Intelligence Service). He was responsible for foiling dozens of sabotage attempts, uncovering secret strategies and even catching several enemy agents.

The height of his fame came when he successfully infiltrated the Blue Moon military. Working from the inside, he was able to transmit vast amounts of information to Orange Star, allowing them to gain the upper hand in the war. Even the isolated border skirmishes died down; Blue Moon could not attempt any attacks without Wilson alerting Orange Star.

However, this situation was too good to last. When Olaf and Grit defected to Blue Moon, Wilson was forced to abandon his position, as he could not take the risk that either of them would recognise him. Upon his return, he was given a hero's welcome and promoted to the post of Director, his intimate knowledge of Blue Moon making him invaluable to his country.

Wilson continued to gather intelligence during Olaf's invasion, but to no avail. Blue Moon's considerable military superiority left Orange Star helpless, and despite what knowledge they had of Blue Moon, the enemy war engine pierced deep into the heart of Orange Star.

During the peak of the invasion, Wilson was forced into duty as a CO. A small enemy force had moved towards the capital, and all of Orange Star's COs were on other fronts. Wilson took command of the garrison and was able to easily drive off the enemy force, his rational mind and almost preemptive tactical sense earning him the respect of his soldiers.

After Orange Star recovered, it was not necessary for Wilson to serve as a CO again, instead focusing on supporting the military through intelligence gathering. After Sturm's plot was revealed and the war ended, Wilson decided to put more resources towards building the OSIS into a better agency to ensure such a thing could never happen again.

Much to his embarrassment, he was confounded when Black Hole suddenly and violently returned - without a hint of warning, the vast Black Hole Army reappeared, swarming over all of Wars World. During the second war, he fought a few minor skirmishes that were specifically suited to his abilities, but his major role was in gathering intelligence on the new Black Hole weaponry. He even managed to personally infiltrate Black Hole's factory in Orange Star, communicating vital information on its weakness to the attacking army.

Jefferson Wilson goes from strength to strength within Orange Star political circles, respected for both his work in the field and in building the OSIS to the finest intelligence gathering agency in Wars World. He has even gained some acclaim for his skill as a CO, his sharp mind and infiltrating ability making him useful in battles with unknown factors.

Description: Director Wilson is an unsmiling, inscrutable man in his late fifties. He is of average height and weight with no real distinguishing marks other than his bald head, making him well suited to undercover work. He usually wears a standard business suit, but replaces the jacket with a black trench coat.

Personality: Serious and hardworking, the Director rarely indulges in activities without a purpose. He prefers to take his time and gather intelligence rather than rush into things, making him calm and methodical as a CO. While he is often disliked for his professional detachment, he will sometimes make jokes that put others to shame.

:hit: Intel
:miss: Public Image

Power Quotes:
"This will make for an interesting report."
"You'll not escape from my jurisdiction."
"I shall file you under... endangered."
"Ah! You've fallen right into my trap."
"My Intel has made me invincible."
"I already know your every move."

Victory Quote:
"I won before this battle began."

:skill: Director Wilson's most valued units are those that can gather the most Intel; hence, his units gain a 5% firepower boost for each point of vision they have after the first. This affects the stats of his units as follows:

5 Vision - 120/100 stats (Recons, Missiles, Subs)
3 Vision - 110/100 stats (Tanks, B-Copters, Cruisers)
2 Vision - 105/100 stats (Infantry, Mechs, Anti-Airs, Fighters, Bombers, Battleships)
1 Vision - 100/100 stats (Md Tanks, Neotanks, Artillery, Rockets)

However, Wilson fares poorly in rainy weather. When moving in rain, all his units are penalised as though moving in snow.

Power Bar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:

:power: Covert Ops
The Director has his units try to gain as much Intel on the enemy as possible. All units gain a +3 bonus to their vision range. This affects the stats of his units as follows (factoring in the default defensive boost):

8 Vision - 135/110 stats (Recons, Missiles, Subs)
6 Vision - 125/110 stats (Tanks, B-Copters, Cruisers)
5 Vision - 120/110 stats (Infantry, Mechs, Anti-Airs, Fighters, Bombers, Battleships)
4 Vision - 115/110 stats (Md Tanks, Neotanks, Artillery, Rockets)

:super: Critical Strike
Director Wilson finally gives the order to strike, having finally gathered enough information. All enemy units suffer 2HP of damage as Wilson's units exploit their weak points. In addition, all of his units gain a +3 bonus to their vision.
Last edited by 89305092R on Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When adventure knocks, answer the door.
When war comes calling, hit the floor.

Kilian18

Re: A CCO: Director Jefferson Wilson

Post by Kilian18 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:53 am

Nice story, D2D seems to be OK, Power is a little weak, but therefore his super is too strong, 2MD+15%FP for 6Stars? That's worth at least 7 (look at Olaf and Drake). In FoW however, his power gives him quite a kick but his super is still overshadowing his Power. But since FoW is very rare in PvP battles, you should rethink the Powers again: How about +1vision and +10% for each Point of Vision instead of 5% during COP, while making the Super like +2Vision 2MD for 7Stars.
That way, your Units would get a good boost during COP (without making him too OP in FoW) while his super gives him less FP, but more Vision and 2MD. (you don't have to do it like that, it was just a suggestion of how I would balance this). By the way, Rain will hurt him very much: Getting stuck like in snow with all Units is already bad but rain also decreases vision range of all units by 1 (can't drop below 1), so he'll lose FP as well in Rain. But that's Ok since random weather is almost as rare as FoW (so only Drakes Super will hurt him). I hope I could help you Improving your CO.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:08 am

Mechanically, does he lose firepower when it rains? (Being that rain reduces vision by 1 to all units). Also, do infantry on mountains gain 10 attack (for the +2 vision)? Or is it calculated from their base vision stats before mods.

(If it's the latter, you can actually do this with Nightmare2 and give it a play)
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

89305092R

Post by 89305092R » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:02 pm

Killian, I do agree that his super is too strong. My intent was to make his regular power see more usage in FoW (thanks to the vision boost), as outside of it a 15% firepower boost for all units is fairly unimpressive, while the mass damage was to give him a bit of usefulness outside of it. His Super definitely deserves another star (I'll edit this now), and after this, I think in a FoW situation +3 vision with extra firepower would look quite attractive compared to waiting four stars for 2MD (which, in FoW, would be somewhat risky, as you wouldn't know how many units the enemy had, or if they were far from properties).
As for his weakness in rain, this is intentional, and I don't think it's too crippling - it only lasts one turn, after all, and in FoW the enemy gets a vision penalty too.
Xenesis wrote:Mechanically, does he lose firepower when it rains? (Being that rain reduces vision by 1 to all units). Also, do infantry on mountains gain 10 attack (for the +2 vision)? Or is it calculated from their base vision stats before mods.

(If it's the latter, you can actually do this with Nightmare2 and give it a play)
By the letter of the rule, he would lose firepower during rain (this ties in to the movement weakness, thematically speaking), and he would also gain firepower when his infantry and mechs were on mountains, but these are both fairly situational happenings (on any map that isn't Four Corners), so I'd be willing to let it slide.

89305092R

Post by 89305092R » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:43 pm

For your viewing pleasure, here's a quick sprite of the guy I put together.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:09 pm

At 7 stars, that looks about right. You don't really want to make 2 Mass damage much cheaper than 7 stars barring exceptional circumstances. Coupled with the fact that this guy actually has a D2D, it sits right.

The COP seems like a modest boost. Unlike a power from Max, Jess, or similar the firepower boost doesn't have much of a punch. I suppose it works with the fact that he has a D2D, as oddball as it is.

Edit: Was bored, hacked together a test-of-concept. Have a play. Won't adjust power if it's rainy or units are on mountains, but firepower matches vision stats. Patch to AW2 to play, and use Olaf to test.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

89305092R

Post by 89305092R » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:42 pm

Thanks! I must admit, my own hacking hasn't yet amounted to much more than modifying random values and then laughing when my bombers can't attack.

Kilian18

Post by Kilian18 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:33 pm

I think, you can have the Infantry-Mountain-boost, it really isn't that cummon (unless you're playing on my design maps since I love having great Mountainchains in my maps), and Lash also has a great boost on mountains (at least in AW2)

Xen

Post by Xen » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:18 am

Oh, I don't think it'd be particularly OP or anything. I just couldn't be bothered coding something complex like that for a quick and dirty 10 minute hack.