CCO: Dudley

This is the section for creating custom COs under the new DS tag system. Users are welcome to post their own creations here or comment on other's CCOs.
eliascpsells

CCO: Dudley

Post by eliascpsells » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:17 am

Just giving you stats right now.

Dudley

:skill: His properties (including HQ) can create hallucinations of non-infantry units for half the cost of that unit. Hallucinations have the following attributes:
-Last 5 days.
-Have --/-- stats (they get OHKOed and cannot attack).
-Cannot use special abilites such as capture, resupply, etc.
-Do not receive terrain bonuses.
-Can be passed through in FoW without the "Trap!!!" thing.
:smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:
:power: Trickery: Changes the sprite and range (only a visual thing to the enemy, doesn't affect user in any way) of all units. So for example, a bomber will look like a tank to the enemy, and would have a range of 4-10, but would keep the stats, sprite, and range of a bomber to the player.
:super: Magical Reality: Spawns a matching hallucination for next to each unit, if there is no space, they will go as close as possible. Hallucination stats are raised to 30/--. Hallucination abilities can be used for two turns (example: a hallucinated infantry can capture). Default boosts for regular units.

I think this might be broken. Then again I could be wrong. Let me know.
Last edited by eliascpsells on Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Professor Frink: "Pi is exactly 3!!!!"

Audience: "*Gasp!!*"
Frink: "I'm sorry it had to come to that."

Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEIwzueG5UI for the funniest Advance Wars parody.

"Have you ever watched yourself die? It is FASCINATING!"

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: CCO: Dudley

Post by HPD » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:37 am

That is seriously broken.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Crystal Guard 292

Post by Crystal Guard 292 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:28 am

Oh lawdy. Did you want some meatwall for your meatwall?
"It's game storage...THAT'LL TOTALLY PUNCH YOUR BALLS OFF! EXTREEEEEME!" -Airrider
"Well, he lives in Aussie land, where up is down and hamburgers eat people." -Familyguyman
"I'll get to it tomorrow." -Heropsychodreamer01

eliascpsells

Post by eliascpsells » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:30 am

How can i fix this?

What if they only lasted for 2 days?

Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEIwzueG5UI for the funniest Advance Wars parody.

Mark_009_vn

Post by Mark_009_vn » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:32 am

eliascpsells wrote:How can i fix this?

What if they only lasted for 2 days?
Even if they last for one day, it would still be broken. Even OHK hallucinated infantries are strong enough to do a good wall up for a turn, then in the next turn the real infantries would create even more hallucinations, thus creating another wall. You might think this would be cost inefficient, but in reality it could actually cost less since you could use fewer infantries, while hallucinations only cost 50%.

Supposedly you want to create something like ruses. Well in that case, it'd be far better if it is deployed upon bases (don't allow foot soldiers to be deployed as ruses though), have all the stats of a normal unit, cost haft of a normal unit, but cannot attack and returns the cost of that unit once it is destroyed.
Remember not to feed the animals

Crystal Guard 292

Post by Crystal Guard 292 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:35 am

That's an interesting idea. Another one I thought that could be interesting is if you could disguise a unit as another unit for a cost at a city. If everything looks like a tank, whatcha gonna do?
"It's game storage...THAT'LL TOTALLY PUNCH YOUR BALLS OFF! EXTREEEEEME!" -Airrider
"Well, he lives in Aussie land, where up is down and hamburgers eat people." -Familyguyman
"I'll get to it tomorrow." -Heropsychodreamer01

Mark_009_vn

Post by Mark_009_vn » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:55 am

Well, that would only be viable as a COP (with some editing to that), because:

a)It'd create way too much confusion to the enemy. For example if you disguise all your artileries as tanks, the enemy can never check the range of those artileries, and that might be too much of an advantage.

b)It'll encourage spam instead of clever mind games.

If it is a COP, it could negate both problem as you can never spam it, and it'd only be a turn advantage or so.

JSlayerXero

Post by JSlayerXero » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:40 pm

I thought magic was one of those don'ts. But if it's one of those "magician" things then it's fine. Also, if it lasts 5 days, you could spam Fighter hallucinations, and surround the enemy in such a way that they can't escape, meanwhile you back them up with REAL fighters. But I'm not here for a full rate, yet. Thought his is a good concept, as it allows for mind games outside of FoW this isn't hidden HP based.
-Can be passed through in FoW without the "Trap!!!" thing.
This does mean if you try to land on one it will trap right?

Also, this would make one heck of a boss character, granted the AI knows how to use it.

eliascpsells

Post by eliascpsells » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:11 pm

Yeah, it would be a trap if you landed on it.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:37 pm

Eh, stealth technology exists.

We can disguise things as other things (it makes sense in the real world) :P
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Mark_009_vn

Post by Mark_009_vn » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:44 pm

In it's current state, if hallucinations lasts for only 2 days, it wouldn't do anything. The main usage of hallucinations right now is to trick the enemy, for example building a hallucinated B copter and send it out to scare enemy units away. As such, deploying on city and HQ is perfectly useless on non fog of war games, since it ruins the illusion that the unit is real (well it could be use to spam cheap meat walls, which would be bad). I suggest doing this:

Hallucinations can be created upon bases, ports and airports with haft the cost. They have --/-- stats (they get OHKOed and cannot attack), can't use abilities, and lasts forever.

JSlayerXero

Post by JSlayerXero » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:22 am

Hallucinations can't attack, and I'm cool with that. The reason I said you could spam fighters, is if you HAD a cash flow that would allow you to do so, you could rush them in. Making them last awhile isn't a "bad" idea. Also, I take things and put an "extreme limits" tag on it. Fighters are expensive, even at half cost. Sure they can't attack, but if the enemy uses land units, block them off with planes should they not use A-Airs. See, the deal here is, like with any units, if they can't attack you, you can stop their advance and just go free on anything you want to capture, or anything. I'd need to actually use this CO to see if it's impractical or not. I might have made 5 days seem like a lot, but fighters benefit the most as they move up to 9 spaces. With lasting only 2 days, NOTHING is going to reach the enemy unless you has build properties near enemy units. And like vn said, the real effectiveness is sending a hallucination in to scare them. Infinite illusion aren't a bad idea. I was just trying to point out a major issue, and that's that if you use units they can't attack, you pretty much win until they make a way to attack you. Still, I support infinite illusions.
Also, do they add to the unit cap? As that would SERIOUSLY screw with human players.