CCO: Ci

This is the section for creating custom COs under the new DS tag system. Users are welcome to post their own creations here or comment on other's CCOs.
0verlordofyou

CCO: Ci

Post by 0verlordofyou » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:54 pm

Name: Ci
Army: Crimson Quasar

Bio: A brilliant genetic engineer who experimented on herself in an attempt to avoid aging. She was shunned by her family and attacked by her own people. She fled her country when she found herself at the Crimson Quasar capital. She offered her abilities to Tiberius in exchange for the destruction of her former city.

History: She was always at odds with somebody when growing up. Most notably when she was suspended from school for attacking some of the bigger kids just because they looked at her funny. On the day they graduated everyone was surprised to find that she had graduated with perfect grades.Everyone said she should join the military, but she never liked the idea and instead left to travel the world. On one of her travels she met a man that was shrouded in a cloak offering her a job. When she asked what the job was, the man said,"I need to have someone cloned and you seem smart enough to do it." She didn't think too long before saying yes. That was were she first met Gark and learned to despise him, but she was able to swallow her pride and work with him. After she was done there she returned home and found that she had aged horribly. She set about using of what she learned and set out to make herself young forever. She had limited success before her family found out what she was doing and threw her out of the house where upon she was chased by the people of her town. She has since vowed revenge.

Description: A little taller than most women. The entire right side of her head is oddly colored and her right eye is far too large. There are small spines running up her arm. Again working on a picture.

Day-to-Day: She is brash and makes decisions without thinking things through. All her units have increased firepower but are unstable (120/100) Can suffer a sudden drop in defense -40%
[Can produce Grabits, Bruisers, and Wisps]

:hit: Forever Young
:miss: Old Age, Wrinkles

:power: Power: Brash Bash
:smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar:
Greatly increases attack and defense (150/110)

:super: Super Power: Mutagenic Wave
:bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:
Sends out a weak wave of mutagenic energy. Enemy units (with a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 10 per enemy army) are mutated into Grapits (60%) or Wisps (40%) Units get a boost to firepower. (180/110)

Tag Breaks: Grimm(120%) Reckless Duo
Gark(110%)
CABAL(105%)

Quotes:
Tag: Let me show you how it's done
I don't think you're ready for this

Power: Smash'em good boys
I sure hope none of my men explode. HA! Made a funny.
Charge and never stop!

Super Power: So much destruction!
Lay waste to them!
Victory is as good as mine.

Victory: I won! Yay me!
That ought to teach you.
Aw, were you hoping to win? Too bad!

Defeat: If only that one guy hadn't melted I'd have won
No fair! No fair! No fair!
How could I have lost?
Oh, man. Tiberius is gonna have me killed for this.
The Machine is strong. We must purge the weak, hated flesh and replace it with the blessed purity of metal. Only through permanence can we truly triumph, only through the Machine can we find victory. Punish the flesh! Iron in mind and body! Hail the Machine!

southerncross403

Re: CCO: Ci

Post by southerncross403 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:00 am

It would help if you described what grabits, bruisers, and wisps are and how they compare to other units. Also, what is the amount of time that the -40% defense drop kicks in? (That seems like a big weakness though.)

0verlordofyou

Post by 0verlordofyou » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:46 pm

southerncross403 wrote:It would help if you described what grabits, bruisers, and wisps are and how they compare to other units. Also, what is the amount of time that the -40% defense drop kicks in? (That seems like a big weakness though.)
Of course ,
Grabit
Move 6 Type:? / Vision 3/ Fuel---/ Cost 9000
Weapon: Claws: Excellent damage against infantry, good damage against vehicles and subs, and can deal damage to ships
A Grabit is a horribly mutated rabbit that grabs things(can you guess how I came up with the name? :o ) It is amphibious and heals itself 1HP every day. Cannot be healed on cities

Bruiser
Move 8 Type:? / Vision 4/ Fuel---/ Cost 18000
Weapon1: Bio-Cannon, ammo 6/6: Deals good damage to vehicles, ships, and subs
Weapon2: Claw: Excellent damage against infantry, good damage against vehicles and subs, and can deal damage to ships
Like a Grabit, a Bruiser is amphibious and regains 2 HP and 1 ammo every day. Cannot be healed on cities

Wisp
Move 6 Type: Air/ Vision 2/ Fuel ---/ Cost 15000
Weapon: Suicide Drones 2/2: Deals Excellent damage to copters and planes (deals about 8 damage to a bomber)
Wisps are big floating gas sacks and are very brittle. But the drones that defend it are very tough and explosive! Since it uses drones to attack and defend itself every attack/counter attack reduces its health down by 4, can't go lower than 1. It regains 8 HP and 2 ammo every day and cannot be healed on airports. Also, it doesn't suffer from lowered firepower when it has low health.

As for the -40% defense, I should have put can suffer up to -40%. It is luck based so it can happen anytime, this was my way of getting around making her a little Grimm clone.
The Machine is strong. We must purge the weak, hated flesh and replace it with the blessed purity of metal. Only through permanence can we truly triumph, only through the Machine can we find victory. Punish the flesh! Iron in mind and body! Hail the Machine!

eliascpsells

Post by eliascpsells » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:26 am

Your power is Grimm's. Change it.
Professor Frink: "Pi is exactly 3!!!!"

Audience: "*Gasp!!*"
Frink: "I'm sorry it had to come to that."

Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEIwzueG5UI for the funniest Advance Wars parody.

"Have you ever watched yourself die? It is FASCINATING!"

eliascpsells

Post by eliascpsells » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:49 am

I also agree with southerncross. Low defense is weaker than low offense. So its not worth it to have 120 attack, but risking 60 defense.

Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEIwzueG5UI for the funniest Advance Wars parody.

southerncross403

Post by southerncross403 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:34 am

I like the idea of luck-based defense drops. It might have brought Grimm up to par. However, -40% is too high. Nell's COP gives 50% extra damage, and +50% occurs quite often. That d2d weakness is only 10% less and messes with your defense every day. Since the d2d boost of offense is less than Grimm's, go with up to -20% or -30% defense luck based. Also, your mutated units actually seem powerful, why would you want to change your enemy units into more powerful ones? What would happen if, say, a recon turned into a bruiser... :shock:

0verlordofyou

Post by 0verlordofyou » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:38 am

southerncross403 wrote:Also, your mutated units actually seem powerful, why would you want to change your enemy units into more powerful ones? What would happen if, say, a recon turned into a bruiser... :shock:
I apologize if I wasn't clear enough. The mutated units would be turned over to Ci's control. Also, having a defense drop of only -20% seems reasonable :)

eliascpsells

Post by eliascpsells » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:53 am

Its more reasonable, but not reasonable. This still gives you a d2d that at times is worse than bland.

0verlordofyou

Post by 0verlordofyou » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:25 am

eliascpsells wrote:Your power is Grimm's. Change it.
It took me this long to realize that you meant her CO Power :( this whole time I thought you just meant her powers in general. I promise the copied power wasn't intentional, I just threw some numbers together that I thought looked good.

CO Overhaul:
D2D: All her units have increased firepower but are unstable (120/100) Can suffer a sudden drop in defense (up to -20%)

Power: Brash Bash
:smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar:
Greatly Increases attack(160/100) but units are even more unstable (up to -30%)

Super Power: Mutagenic Wave
:bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:
Sends out a weak wave of mutagenic energy. Enemy units (with a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 10 per enemy army) are mutated into Grapits (60%) or Wisps (40%) Units get a boost to firepower (170/100) but at the lost of some stability (up to -30%)

eliascpsells

Post by eliascpsells » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:13 am

I think this CO is alright. The defense drop thing can be really bad at times, but thats how Jugger and Flak work too, except with attack. Using defense for this is a lot riskier though, but I'd like to see where it takes that CO.

Your powers are good. Are there defaults in there?

0verlordofyou

Post by 0verlordofyou » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:32 am

eliascpsells wrote:Your powers are good. Are there defaults in there?
Defaults? I'm afraid I have no idea what that means :?

eliascpsells

Post by eliascpsells » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:43 am

In advance wars dual strike and advance wars 1, every power gave +10 offense and defense to all units, and then whatever else it gave. These are commonly referred to as defaults or default boosts.

0verlordofyou

Post by 0verlordofyou » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:51 am

I include defaults by default. You must be looking at the /100 defense in the powers. I thought that including any boost to defense wouldn't match up with the CO's abilities.

deeeeeemo

Post by deeeeeemo » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:06 am

>random defense loss

bad

>custom units

worse

>custom units without even labeling base unit damage

even worse

Kilian18

Post by Kilian18 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:29 pm

the reason why defense is way more powerful than offense is the way it is calculated.
And to make things worse, it is calculated differently when the defense stat is over/under 100:
over: 100: dmg=(200-def)% example: kanbei (120def): dmg=(200-120)%--> dmg=80%
under 100: dmg=(100/def)% example: grimm (80def): dmg=(100/80)% --> dmg=125%!!!
and thats why grimm gets his a** kicked especially when fighting cos with increased firepower:
for example: maxs tank attacks grimms tank; initial damage is 55%; max deals 20% more direct damage: 66%; grimm takes 25% more damage: 82,5%!!! thats 150% of the initial damage!!!