CCO: Tommy

This is the section for creating custom COs under the new DS tag system. Users are welcome to post their own creations here or comment on other's CCOs.
Kilian18

CCO: Tommy

Post by Kilian18 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Name: Tommy

Nation: :os: Orange Star

Bio: The little brother of Andy, so Andy is his idol but since he has always been the little brother, he felt a bit overshadowed by him, especially when he heard of the great victories of his brother in the wars of cosmo land and makro land. So he decided to join the OS-army as a CO. and set his aim to be better than his brother. He trained very hard to do so and he got the ability to encourage his troops.

:hit: Andy
:miss: not getting any attention

:skill: beacause of the desire to be better than his brother, he encourages all of his troops, so they have increased firepower and defence 120/110. But because Tommy is not very experienced at war, his troops will loose their morale time to time:
Whenever a Unit <=10000$ attacks an enemy all of his troops get -1 in fire power. If a Unit costs more than 10000 and up to 20000$ his troops get -2 firepower and if the unit costs more than 20000$ he gets -3 firepower. Also when he is attacked by a unit he looses defence (enemy troop < 10001$ -> -1 def, enemy troop up to 20000$ -> -2 def and enemy troop more than 20000$ -> -3 def) his units can't become weaker than 80/90

:smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:
:power: Courage
Tommy encourages his troops so their stats are resettet to 120/110 and they won't lose any firepower or defence until his next turn. (+10/10 for this turn)

:super: Courage Storm
Tommy encourages his troops even more so their stats increase to 130/120 and they won't lose firepower and defence until his next turn. Additionally, the 130/120 stats will not vanish after SCOP (attacking will still make him lose firepower and defence after the SCOP-effect is gone) (+10/10 for this turn)

Power Quotes: "C'mon guys, let's get them"
"Hey Andy, come here and watch this..."
"I can do better than Andy and now it's time to proove it!"
"You thought, you got me, didn't you?

Co-Swap Quotes: "Hey! Leave something over to me, too!"

Tag Affinities:
*** Andy: 130 (Brothers in arms)
* Kanbei: 110 (Morale Storm)
** Colin: 115 (Little bros power)
Black Hole COs (Besides of Hawke*): 85%**

*Because Hawke saved Andys life by killing Sturm in Advance Wars 2
**Because of creating clones of Andy
---------------------
This is the first CCO I ever made and I think he's a little unbalanced. So I'd like to get some suggestions on how to improve him to be more balanced. Also don't mind if there are any mistakes, I'm from Germany and I know that some things I wrote might sound a little weird to you.
Last edited by Kilian18 on Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:30 am, edited 4 times in total.

kiwi

Re: CCO: Tommy

Post by kiwi » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:31 am

needs less maths

DieselPheonix

Post by DieselPheonix » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:36 am

As you can plainly see, there's no need to worry about your writing since it's better than half the other users' here.

Hmm, it starts at 120/110 and gets
-1 for attacking a unit less than or equal to 10,000
-2 for attacking 10,000-20,000
-3 for attacking 20,000+
is that right?

Kilian18

Post by Kilian18 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:33 am

Yes, it's right and I think I won't make counterattacks reduce anything. And for defence the unit cost of the enemy is the important one (I made that because this way the enemy can't decrease his defence harshly by attacking one of tommy's neotanks with some little infantry units, so both players will have to decide which unit should do the first strike). And by the way, fighters and subs will still do -2 as they cost 20000 and Colin's, Hachi's and Kanbei's units as well as units that are reduced in price due to skills are handeled as if they were normal prized.

DieselPheonix

Post by DieselPheonix » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:04 pm

Well, it sounds like you know what you want your CO to be.

Kilian18

Post by Kilian18 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:20 am

I did some little changes on him and editted some new quotes and a bad tag-affinity with BH-COs (besides of Hawke) and I'm thinking of removing 1 SCOP-Star of his powermeter but since I can't test it...I don't know...I can only Imagine some scenarios but I don't exactly know the power-charging system in AWDS. So I wanna hear your opinion: What's better, a 4/8 or a 4/7 powermeter?

DieselPheonix

Post by DieselPheonix » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:36 am

You can read about DS charge rates here.

Kilian18

Post by Kilian18 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:38 pm

Thanks for the link, i've read through it and now I'll have to make a decission: 1. remove 1 SCOP-star, 2. add an additional effect like +1movement to the SCOP, what do you think which is the better one? Or do you have any different idea?

DieselPheonix

Post by DieselPheonix » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:06 am

If I've read it correctly, the Super raises stats to 130/120 and keeps them there until loss through wear and tear. Something like 4/7 will do. If you want to be conservative, run a 5/9 meter. There's only a difference of 10/10 between the two currently so you should factor that in as well.

Kilian18

Post by Kilian18 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:25 am

I think 9 stars are quite too much for this SCOP because I think a Lightning Strike is stronger than a Courage Storm so I'd more think of :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: (8 stars is still more than Kanbeis 7-Star Samurai-Spirit!) for having 140/130 stats during SCOP and 130/120 afterwards, decreasing continually. Of course it will take a longer time then to get him down below 100/100 but I think 8 stars is worth the price since, you will have to run around with weak units for a long time, before being able to use it. Making it 5/9 will have the effect that the power overshadows the super. Of course he will be nasty in tag battles, but as I read through the forum, nearly noone plays with 2 COs and I can understand it. Personally, I think the idea of having 2 COs is nice but the Tag-power is very much overpowered and they overshadow every single super and most of the powers. (I've never seen the AI using a super in a tag-battle and sometimes some powers like goldrush, turbo-charge, urban blight and knuckleduster.)

DieselPheonix

Post by DieselPheonix » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:06 am

Samurai Spirit is 160/160 with x2 counter strength, but okay. DS charge rates are so fast I don't think there's a large difference between eight and nine stars. So, price it how you like it.

Kilian18

Post by Kilian18 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:38 am

Hi, I'm back again after some time (nearly 1 year^^)
If anyone is still reading the ccos, I'd like mine to be rated.
Thanks.