CCO: Tychus (SC2 Reference!!!)

This is the section for creating custom COs under the new DS tag system. Users are welcome to post their own creations here or comment on other's CCOs.
eliascpsells

CCO: Tychus (SC2 Reference!!!)

Post by eliascpsells » Wed May 25, 2011 1:21 pm

Tychus
Bio: Though he works in the OS army, Tychus was originally from GE. Tychus was always a bully at school, looking for kids to vent his anger out on. He got into trouble with the police after a fight one day. After a court session with a strict judge, he was deported to OS, where he was instantly put in the army.
He could never stand all his "wishy-washy" CO allies, so he broke free from the rest and started his own special forces group of soldiers. They mainly ran training missions, until Black Hole invaded all the continents. He was the one who finally convinced Hawke to rebel from BH, disguised as a BH soldier at the time. He is honored for his bravery, but he doesn't really care about it.
Description: Brown hair, blue eyes, has a scar across his face. Wears an armored soldiers blue suit, and holds a machine gun-rifle sort of thing.
:hit: Killing Enemies
:miss: Defeat
:skill: His units get angrier faster, so power Bar fills up 50% faster (not that fudge that they say: "Adder's power bar fills up faster", when it really is just that his powers are underpriced).
So a unit that fills 1 star will fill 1.5 stars.
:smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:
:power: Enrage: Tears through terrain, giving him -1 movement cost (not including 0, obviously). Enemies have -1 terrain star (not on plains or roads).
"Tear through 'em boys!"
"Wrath of God, incoming!" (This one was just a quote from Starcraft 2 that I wanted to add)
:super: Eruption: Triggers a volcano eruption, hitting 1/5 of the enemy units (rounded up if needed) on the map and dealing the regular 5 damage. +20 offense and defense (includes regular bonuses).
"Whole lot of pain coming your way."
"Rain of Fire!"

Tags:
Hawke: 110%: Rain of Fire

Victory Quotes:
"How's that?"
"You had no chance!"

Defeat Quotes:
"You got lucky twerp!"
Last edited by eliascpsells on Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:32 am, edited 5 times in total.
Professor Frink: "Pi is exactly 3!!!!"

Audience: "*Gasp!!*"
Frink: "I'm sorry it had to come to that."

Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEIwzueG5UI for the funniest Advance Wars parody.

"Have you ever watched yourself die? It is FASCINATING!"

Zeratul

Re: CCO: Tychus (SC2 Reference!!!)

Post by Zeratul » Thu May 26, 2011 9:42 am

tycus fine i call jim raynor and zeratul and tassadar where scop is crash (lol)
by the way this guy sucks
Nice drink gargle gargle ahhhhhhhhhh refershing, right
Black Hole Infantry1, " They're gonna beat us right?"

Black Hole Infantry2, " Well, we are under Jugger's command."

Black Hole Infantry1, " I'll take that as a yes."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You know you're broke when you cant afford a larva."- HuskyStarcraft
"Bowties are cool." - Doctor Who

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Thu May 26, 2011 9:10 pm

Zeratul wrote:tycus fine i call jim raynor and zeratul and tassadar where scop is crash (lol)
by the way this guy sucks
Nice drink gargle gargle ahhhhhhhhhh refershing, right
What's with this trolling?

Back to the CO.
Its ability is interesting (I would give it to Adder and Koal if I was able to hack that well), well I like that. However the CO Gauge does not really fit.
You could give him a xxXXX gauge and nobody would notice a difference.
It makes the COPs broken.
+50% offense and +10% defense when Adder just gets Sideslip is broken.
The SCOP is too, not for the random lava fall thingy, but for the humongous bonus for 5 stars on top of that. Well, it's so useless I'd spam COP and win...
NEEDS nerf.
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu May 26, 2011 11:00 pm

No, there is a difference here to a xxXXX bar. As the TC says, all units contribute 1.5 times their normal power gauge fill. Since all units contribute a specific value to the power bar [check], it means that this guy's power bar will fill up faster for units with a high star value/funds ratio (ie. infantry) than for units that have a lower ratio. So, it pays to use even more infantry to get your powers even faster.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

eliascpsells

Post by eliascpsells » Fri May 27, 2011 8:20 am

Did a bit of nerfing. hows that?

Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEIwzueG5UI for the funniest Advance Wars parody.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Fri May 27, 2011 9:25 am

That power bar doesn't at all work with your d2d. Powers come by so fast in this game that you'll hardly even notice the difference in charging between you and your opponent with such a small power bar. I'd make something larger, so that your ability actually matters...
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

eliascpsells

Post by eliascpsells » Fri May 27, 2011 9:47 am

What about what I had before? (3-8 power bar, cop +50 attack +10 defense, scop random lava, +30 attack and defense.

Satel

Post by Satel » Fri May 27, 2011 10:20 pm

What you had before is as broken as what you have now... if not more for the reasons mentioned by HPD.
I mean, for 3*, we don't get +50/+10, that should be obvious since Grimm gets +30/+0 (default boost excluded). It's still broken now, unless you include the deaults in that +30/+10, and still... almost nobody have a COP that spammable. And the SCOP.... random lava is nothing reallt noticeable, so I'll only consider the boost... and +30/+30 (first version) is just strong. So if you get the defaults on top of that (I mean if you didn't count them), it leads to 140/140, which is downright OP, but if you count them, it's fair but that ability that makes you get your powers 1,5* faster makes it like it'd cost less than 5 stars. The current version is somewhat broken. for 5 stars which count as just a bit more than 3 (cost of normal COPs), you get your lava, ok, but you get +20/+20 too. For just 3*, it's a bit OP, and more if you get the defaults: 130/130 every 3 days is OP. Hope you get my point: that guy needs nerf in abilities only, not a reduction of his COPs' prices.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sat May 28, 2011 11:22 pm

St3rn wrote:What you had before is as broken as what you have now... if not more for the reasons mentioned by HPD.
I mean, for 3*, we don't get +50/+10, that should be obvious since Grimm gets +30/+0 (default boost excluded). It's still broken now, unless you include the deaults in that +30/+10, and still... almost nobody have a COP that spammable. And the SCOP.... random lava is nothing reallt noticeable, so I'll only consider the boost... and +30/+30 (first version) is just strong. So if you get the defaults on top of that (I mean if you didn't count them), it leads to 140/140, which is downright OP, but if you count them, it's fair but that ability that makes you get your powers 1,5* faster makes it like it'd cost less than 5 stars. The current version is somewhat broken. for 5 stars which count as just a bit more than 3 (cost of normal COPs), you get your lava, ok, but you get +20/+20 too. For just 3*, it's a bit OP, and more if you get the defaults: 130/130 every 3 days is OP. Hope you get my point: that guy needs nerf in abilities only, not a reduction of his COPs' prices.
Quoted for truth.
MysteriousLad be like:
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

eliascpsells

Post by eliascpsells » Sat May 28, 2011 11:42 pm

How's that, what i have right now.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sun May 29, 2011 2:32 am

Your COP is exactly Grimm's. Though with that faster charge, you get it quickly as hell.
And your SCOP gives different bonuses, less attack (which I strongly disapprove), and now the random factor of the volcano "lava bombs" is simply impossible to keep balanced.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

eliascpsells

Post by eliascpsells » Sun May 29, 2011 3:08 am

For the lava bombs, how about if i made it that 1/4 of the enemy units take 5 damage, and capturing infantry and more expensive units are the primary targets.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sun May 29, 2011 9:55 pm

Then it can quickly become broken. +20% offense and defense would be worth its 9 stars if not more.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

JSlayerXero

Post by JSlayerXero » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:38 am

The volcanic eruption should favor full HP units if it attempts to hit enemy units. This does mean it will rarely attack low HP units. But it wouldn't be that bad. I'd say since the cap is 50 units, make it hit 6-8 random units, but favoring both high HP units, and more expensive units. Say Colin has 3 Neotanks, and he builds two more. Tychus' SCOP should either favor those, Bombers, or Battleships. And then hit a few more. It should also favor higher HP units. A Md tank with 5 HP is worth 8000. If there's a full HP Anti-air and a Md tank, it would favor the Anti-air. Granted on small maps with small armies this is deadly, but it would be more spread out on larger maps with more units. This wouldn't be that bad really. At the moment, his COP gives more offense, little defense. Where his SCOP gives equal bonuses, plus volcanic rock. Not that bad a CO, if just a tad over-powered, and a bit Grimm-like. Though I must say he HAS no weakness at the moment.

Edit: The eruption could be spread out like this.
1-6 units: 1 volcanic rock
7-12 units: 2 volcanic rocks
13-18 units: 3 volcanic rocks
19-24 units: 4 volcanic rocks
25-30 units: 5 volcanic rocks
31-35 units: 6 volcanic rocks
36-40 units: 7 volcanic rocks
41-50 units: 8 volcanic rocks

Rather balanced, and doesn't dominate small armies this way.

Edit: If you use my way of spreading the lava, PLEASE say so.
Last edited by JSlayerXero on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

JSlayerXero

Post by JSlayerXero » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:15 am

Name: 3/5
Tychus isn't a half-bad name. Not a common name. But I can imagine a few kids running around with a name like that.

Bio: 8/10
That's quite interesting. Not much detail, but hey, it makes its point. Good.

Quotes: 3/5
Corny quotes are a MUST. And there's only a few corny ones. Not bad, I've seen better. But keep trying. Though I don't know which is worse, Tychus and few quotes.

Creative total: 14/20 :a:
You've gained 11 points, not :s: rank worthy, but I'm stingier with points, so you'll need to work a little more. I liked this none-the-less.

D2D Skill: 35/40
This seems uncreative at first, but unlike Adder, he DOES actually charge faster. Issue is, taking that in to consideration, his bar charges to SCOP and about the same rate Adder does. Still, points for attempting originality.

COP: 18/20
Okay. This can make 1 movement in certain situations, but it is higher in other cases. This means woods pose only a problem to tires, but at least there's something that's not 1 movement, eh? Not bad. Removing 1 star is similar to Sonja D2D in AWDS, but as a COP ability, it's not that bad. Much more original now. Kudos man, kudos. Furthermore, since he doesn't gain any boosts during this, but does during SCOP, we can't have arguments over the boosts.

SCOP: 18/20
This is interesting. +20/+20 is rather balanced, and is not that bad given it is somewhat original. Hmmm, 1/5 means a max of 10 units get's it. But question, what does it favor? Or is it really just random? -2 points until I get a response on that.

Technical total: 69/80 :a:
His D2D stats are fine, but his CO bar is basically a visually larger version of Adder's. His COP is now very interesting. Almost 1 movement period, but not always. Much more original. And for his SCOP, if you were to use my lava system, the lava help out once in awhile, and can punch hole in the enemy budget if they start building expensive units. This can't get much better at this point.

Overall total: 85/100 :a:
This is much better with the creative section. Since I lower your points a few, you need a little more, but 5 points from :s: is probably one of the best rating I've given thus far. Trust me though, I've gone from decent :a: to :b: before. You at least still have your :a: rank.

:arank:

Your getting closer, but since I'm a bit more stingy on points, you need a little more work. still good though.
Last edited by JSlayerXero on Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:37 pm, edited 7 times in total.

eliascpsells

Post by eliascpsells » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:10 pm

Changed the COP, goes with his recklessness and disregard for everything nature I think.

JSlayerXero

Post by JSlayerXero » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:45 am

Well, with that, an edit to my review!

eliascpsells

Post by eliascpsells » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:57 am

Ooooo, hall of fame? gonna start the creativity then.

JSlayerXero

Post by JSlayerXero » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:22 am

eliascpsells wrote:Ooooo, hall of fame? gonna start the creativity then.
Granted, I'd still be considered a junior rater as I just signed-up recently. However, I've visited this site in the past, so I've seen some CCOs for awhile. Since I've owned Advance Wars 2 for awhile, I've seen broken, believe me. You'd still need someone who's rated for awhile now to truly decided how well this goes. But if you can score his :s: rank then generally it has potential to enter the hall of fame. I haven't looked around too too, much, but I haven't found any C worth yet, and that's a good thing.

JSlayerXero

Post by JSlayerXero » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:14 am

Hey question, how many bits of lava fall down, and is there any way of defining where they land?

eliascpsells

Post by eliascpsells » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:36 am

The lava falls on about 1/5 of the enemy units, rounded up if necessary.

JSlayerXero

Post by JSlayerXero » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:47 am

Then please make note of that in your main post. 'Cause random spots is exactly what it says on the box. Also, this means I need to edit my review. Ah well.