CCO: Miranda (revised!)

This is the section for creating custom COs under the new DS tag system. Users are welcome to post their own creations here or comment on other's CCOs.
MisterVercetti

CCO: Miranda (revised!)

Post by MisterVercetti » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:47 am

(I'm posting this in a new thread because this version of Miranda is so radically different from the last one.)

Name: Miranda

Allegiance: :ge:

Game Description: A genius engineer who can improve almost any machine she can get her hands on. Creator of the Megatank.

:hit: Racing
:miss: Boredom

CO Meter: :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:

:skill:
Her noninfantry units are special-engineered to increase their movement capability by one. However, a design flaw in the technology causes them to consume double fuel while moving.

:power: Adrenaline Rush
Resupplies all units and increases their movement range by an additional space. Prevents units from consuming fuel for the day.

:super: Speed Demon
Resupplies all units, increases their movement range by an additional two spaces, and reduces movement cost across all terrain to one. Prevents units from consuming fuel for the day.

Dual Strike Affinities:

Eagle: Blitzkreig :bigstar: :bigstar: (120%)
Olaf: Gain and Drain :bigstar: (110%)
Lash: Whiz Kids :bigstar: (105%)
Koal (80%)
Von Bolt (90%)

(Creator Notes: After reading the feedback for the original draft, I completely revised Miranda from the ground up so that now, instead of carrying increased supply capacity (which, in hindsight, really was a weaksauce advantage), she now has a movement bonus, at the cost of double fuel consumption. This means that, while she shouldn't have much of a problem against most COs provided you have an APC/Black Boat or two on hand, she's virtually useless against fuel-draining COs like Drake and Olaf who can leave her units stranded or crashing before she can get a chance to move into position. This also means it's a stupid idea to bring her on snowy maps, since they make her consume quadruple fuel! However, notice the qualifier "while moving" in her skill description. This means that while her units will consume 2 fuel per space moved, the day-to-day fuel loss of air and naval units is unaffected, so don't be totally discouraged from purchasing them. However, because her land units have the least adverse effects from fuel loss overall, players using Miranda should focus on ground troops, utilizing air and naval forces as a supplement but never fully relying on them. I went ahead and added the "no fuel consumption" aspect to the SCOP as well so that players would feel no qualms about using their newfound movement capability to the fullest, speeding around the map and blasting whatever's in reach. If you pair her with Olaf, however, make sure you always initiate their Tag Power with her so that she doesn't get bitten by the second day of snow caused by Winter Fury.)

monkymeet
3DS Code: 3480-3067-3928

Re: CCO: Miranda (revised!)

Post by monkymeet » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:55 am

lol +1 move d2d

broken
imageshack swallowed up my sig. This is a placeholder.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:58 am

Would still lose to Sensei/hachi though :p
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

monkymeet
3DS Code: 3480-3067-3928

Post by monkymeet » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:11 pm

lol
imageshack swallowed up my sig. This is a placeholder.

MisterVercetti

Post by MisterVercetti » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:24 pm

That's precisely why I also gave her such a huge weakness. Sure, double fuel consumption doesn't sound like much on paper, but when you take into account low-fuel vehicles like the Megatank, suddenly it becomes a big deal if said Megatank is far from any resupplying areas. It also means that stealths and subs can't stay hidden as long unless you plan on just leaving them stationary, which kinda defeats the purpose of hiding. Plus, as mentioned, she's easily broken by fuel-draining COs such as Olaf and Drake and is useless on snow maps (to put it in perspective, a Miranda-driven Megatank on snow can only move 12 spaces before running out of gas), so she's not quite as overpowered as you'd think.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:25 pm

It's not a huge weakness. The only reason Olaf is good is because he gets that natty firepower boost and has mass damage.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

eliascpsells

Post by eliascpsells » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:44 pm

I've learned some stuff on this site, and one is that +1 movement d2d should never! be given to a CO, unless it was intended to be broken. You would have to apply such weaknesses to the CO, that in the end it just wouldn't be balanced.

Fuel losses are an ok weakness. Drake's is good (talking about strenghts here) because it cuts it completely in half, reducing the effect of enemy air units greatly (other units too).

Now for the powers: Don't negate your d2d strengths/weaknesses with your powers.
COP: It's only a star more than sideslip, but it gives you +2 movement (after adding with the d2d), Jess's resupplying stuff, and absolutely no fuel loss for that turn. Broken/OP.

SCOP: So you have +3 movement now, the resupplying stuff, perfect movement, and no fuel loss for that turn. What the H were you thinking man? That's completely broken, and only 1 star greater than sidewinder. Your mechs move as much as Md tanks, your tanks move as much as fighters, and your megatanks lost one of there weaknesses, which is rather slow movement. And to top it all off, we have perfect movement, allowing your 6 move infantry to sprint across the mountains. There is also that fuel stuff, which ruins the idea of the CO. Spam COP and your weakness doesn't exist, and you have sidewinder movement for 3 stars. Nerf that CO like crazy man.
Professor Frink: "Pi is exactly 3!!!!"

Audience: "*Gasp!!*"
Frink: "I'm sorry it had to come to that."

Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEIwzueG5UI for the funniest Advance Wars parody.

"Have you ever watched yourself die? It is FASCINATING!"

JSlayerXero

Post by JSlayerXero » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:48 pm

I have to agree with eliascpsells on this one. The only CO I know of that negates her weakness is Sonja, as she negates her bad luck during her powers. This should never be done. Also, +1 movement D2D is unfair, and broken, Heck, keep 2 APC and that's an easy train of up to 6 Megatanks. FIX THAT.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:48 pm

This CO is currently broken.
You basically have Sideslip as a day-to-day (with an unnoticeable weakness), a resupplying Sidewinder and weakness suppression for 3 stars, and a gamebreaker for 6 stars.
Nerf the day-to-day massively, and follow the other adice given by other users.
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

Crystal Guard 292

Post by Crystal Guard 292 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:21 am

Check out the golden rules. These are for AW2, so they'll be slightly off, but they mostly remain true for AWDS.

http://warsworldnews.com/index.php?page ... nrules.php
"It's game storage...THAT'LL TOTALLY PUNCH YOUR BALLS OFF! EXTREEEEEME!" -Airrider
"Well, he lives in Aussie land, where up is down and hamburgers eat people." -Familyguyman
"I'll get to it tomorrow." -Heropsychodreamer01

Satel

Post by Satel » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:33 am

Quite a useful page to read. 'Reminds me of the time I had a CO that dealt 3MD for 6 stars, and 5 for 9 stars...
Yeah, reading this makes me realize I've gone a long way on the road of balance.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

JSlayerXero

Post by JSlayerXero » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:42 am

Say MisterVercetti, you still have hope, here's a thought you could use. DON'T give a movement bonus, BUT cause units to use half fuel, and air units to burn less daily. Note it rounds up, so 5 movement = 3 fuel, 1 move = 1 fuel. But if fuel is important to this CO, make it so you burn less. Burning less isn't a major advantage outside of aerial combat, but it's deadly inside of it. The resupplying and movement I could care less about as LONG as it's on her powers. Any-ways, try that. I'd take it over +1 movement D2D any day.

JSlayerXero

Post by JSlayerXero » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:01 pm

Here's an idea that doesn't require concept change: Instead of not consuming fuel during powers, she simply resupplies. See? Not that bad an idea.

Edit: I am so stupid...