CCO: Bakk

This is the section for creating custom COs under the new DS tag system. Users are welcome to post their own creations here or comment on other's CCOs.
0verlordofyou

CCO: Bakk

Post by 0verlordofyou » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:12 am

Name: Bakk
Army: Crimson Quasar

Bio: A former Black Hole soldier who was "volunteered" for Lash's Super Killy Soldier Project. His limbs were removed and replaced. Before he could be properly tested the Allied Nations defeated Sturm, and he was left behind and forgotten. Many years later he was found by Tiberius and offered a position in the Crimson Quasar, which he quickly accepted.

History: After the fall of Sturm, Bakk wandered around the world, but no matter where he went he was attacked by the people of any town or village he visited. He would always fight back, much to the dismay of the towns people. After many years of wandering he was found by Tiberius, another one of Lash's test subjects, who had formed his own nation, The Crimson Quasar Nation. Bakk is now a Commanding Officer and leads his forces with an iron fist (pun intended).

Description: Rather tall and completely encased in metal. His arms and legs are both mechanical. Electricity can be seen arcing across his hands from time to time. His head is encased in a helmet with wires running from it into his back. His face is hidden behind a dark vision giving him one of the best poker faces in all of War Worlds. (I have a picture of him but am still working on it)

Day-to-Day: All units have average attack and defense. All units have a chance (5% to 20% I'm not quite sure which would be more balanced) to stun any unit they attack. A stunned unit has to forfeit its next move turn.
[This is something that would only be implemented if it was at all possible: Can produce (H)eavy Infantry and Brawler.]

:hit: Big Guns
:miss: Hippies

:power: Power: Hydraulic Hype
:smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar:
Raises firepower of all units (direct units: 140/110 indirect units: 120/110) Increases chance to stun (10% to 25%)

:super: Super Power: Iron Fist
:bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:
Sends out a shock wave that deals 1 HP of damage to all enemy land and sea units. Increases firepower of all units (direct units: 160/110 indirect units: 130/110) and chance to stun (20% to 45%)

Tag Breaks: Tiberius (110%)
CABAL(105%)
Lash(80%)

Quotes:
Tag: I'll set them up...
Fear my power

Power: Here comes the hurt!
Ready yourself...
This should give you a real shock
Ready the big guns

Super Power: FEEL PAIN!
Ready the really big guns!
POWER!!!
Get ready for something shocking

Victory: Why am I not surprised?
You'd need an army just to fight me.
I won, how shocking. Heh heh.

Defeat: I am truly shocked!
Wait, what just happened?
This.. is not good.

(note: If giving him a third power were possible then his powers would look like this:
:power: Mechanical Might: Increases firepower of all units (Direct Units: 120/110 Indirect Units: 110/110) 3 stars
:super: Hydraulic Hype: Increases firepower of all units (Direct Units: 150/110 Indirect Units: 120/110) and chance to stun (10% to 25%) 4 big stars
Mega Power: Iron Fist: Sends out a shock wave that deals 2 HP of damage to all enemy land and sea units. Increases firepower of all units (direct units: 190/110 indirect units: 130/110) and chance to stun (25% to 50%) 5 bigger stars [to keep this from becoming broken you'd have to give all COs mega powers as well.])
Last edited by 0verlordofyou on Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Machine is strong. We must purge the weak, hated flesh and replace it with the blessed purity of metal. Only through permanence can we truly triumph, only through the Machine can we find victory. Punish the flesh! Iron in mind and body! Hail the Machine!

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: CCO: Bakk

Post by HPD » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:33 am

Alright. This CO works kind of like a luck-based CO, since there's a small chance of stunning. However, you cannot really make use of it tactically, since you never know when you'll stun anything.

CO Powers giving a firepower boost does not match with the 'stun' theme this CO has going on. Raising your firepower would mean that you wouldn't HAVE to stun anything anymore, since you'll be doing enough damage anyway to cripple or OHKO units. Try to be more creative in thinking up a good power.

Personally, I'd like to see you doing something else with the 'stun' part. Imposing an affliction on the units you attack is a nice idea, but try to do it in a way so that it's not based on luck. How you go about that I'll leave for you to figure out.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

0verlordofyou

Post by 0verlordofyou » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:05 am

What about this?
Day to day: All units have a chance to stun any unit they attack (The attack damage dealt + 10% is the chance to stun. So lets say Bakk's tank attacks Andy's recon. Bakk's tank deals 85%, that gives a 95% chance to stun. That leaves a recon with 1hp that is unable to retreat, not much good there. If Bakk's tank attacks Andys tank, it deals 55%. So that gives a 65% chance to stun. So far there hasn't been much of an advantage, but what if Bakk's tank were to attack Andy's Megatank? That little tank would deal 10%, giving it a 20% chance to stun. This means that Bakk's tank has a 20% chance to completely immobilize a tank costing 4 times as much it.)

Power: Hydrualic Hype :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar:
Sends out a shock wave that deals 1 HP of damage and has a small chance to stun all enemy units (5%). All units get an increased chance to stun (25%) (units firepower: 110/110)
[this would give Bakk's tank a 36% chance to stun a megatank]

Super Power: Iron Fist :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:
Sends out a shock wave that deals 2 HP of damage and has a small chance to stun those enemy units (10%). All units get an increased chance to stun (45%) (units firepower: 110/110)
[this would give Bakk's tank a 46% chance to stun a megatank]

NOTE: no more than three/quarters of an enemy's army can be stunned at any one time.
The Machine is strong. We must purge the weak, hated flesh and replace it with the blessed purity of metal. Only through permanence can we truly triumph, only through the Machine can we find victory. Punish the flesh! Iron in mind and body! Hail the Machine!

eliascpsells

Post by eliascpsells » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:04 am

Well, now you are dealing with mass damage and a bonus of something to your units and a bonus to your mass damage. Your d2d is fairly strong. You have about an 11% chance of using an infantry to stop a megatank, which would encourage spamming. Drake's 4 star power:1 MD plus fuel loss. Your 4 star power: 1 MD with a 5% chance of stunning enemies (this will probably hit one unit, as 5% of the maximum 50 units is 2.5 units). Now we get to OP town with your units bonuses. Theoretically, if 4 infantry attack a megatank, 1 of them will stun it. Underpriced IMO.

Let's deal with SCOP. Drake's 7 star SCOP: 2 MD, fuel loss, and rain. Your 8 star SCOP: 2 MD, a 10% chance to stun (a little more noticeable, 5 out of 50 units). This alone would be a pretty good power, but then you have your stunning thing. Broken Alert!!!
Theoretically, if 2 infantry attack a megatank, one of the infantry will stun it. This is underpriced IMO, but if you raise the star power any more, you will have a Hawke or Sturm length bar. A possible solution is a 5/3 bar, but.....
I'm not sure. I think your best bet is to weaken the powers.
Professor Frink: "Pi is exactly 3!!!!"

Audience: "*Gasp!!*"
Frink: "I'm sorry it had to come to that."

Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEIwzueG5UI for the funniest Advance Wars parody.

"Have you ever watched yourself die? It is FASCINATING!"

0verlordofyou

Post by 0verlordofyou » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:13 pm

What if I were to take the ability to stun and apply it only to weapons that deal "good" damage, meaning a mech could still stun a megatank but an infantry or an Anti-Air couldn't. Either that or making it so that something has to be able to deal at least 10% damage before it can stun something.

As for the CO powers, drop the chance given by the power to 20% and the super power to 30%, and then after all that make it so the chance to stun can never be higher than 80%, that way a tank fighting a tank won't always end up stunning it.

eliascpsells

Post by eliascpsells » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:31 pm

I see. Well even though it has to be higher than 10% to stun, a mech can still do that to all or most ground units, making a 3000g for 22000g trade possible. Even though you dropped the chance for the powers, that would still encourage infantry and cop spamming.

Also, have to say something. He has no weakness for a strong d2d. Sometimes acceptable, but only if the d2d isn't that strong, such as Javier (it's broken in some situations, but only SOME). Find some weakness for that. My advice, find a way to make spamming less effective in the d2d/powers.

Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEIwzueG5UI for the funniest Advance Wars parody.

Mark_009_vn

Post by Mark_009_vn » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:14 pm

This right here is a kick in the balls. The entire stunning mechanic around this guy is deeply flawed, stunning is very, very powerful. Right now, even with the fact that the chances of getting stun depends on damage, there's still a chance, and if there a chance, stuns still hurts majorly bad. Imagine, if you could get lucky you could manage to stun all of Kanbei's front line troops on Samurai Spirit, or disabling Sami's T-copter that is flying directly to your base to Victory March next turn. This guy is a pseudo-Nell in an epic level, he could blow crumpets up and beat anyone randomly for no apparent reason, no one will play him competitively and only plays him for the laughs and hilarity of his randomness.

Remove the randomness completely and give him the ability to stun only in his CO powers (and that he could stun deliberately without randomness taking place that is).
Remember not to feed the animals

eliascpsells

Post by eliascpsells » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:31 pm

Yeah, stunning is pretty strong. His powers are rediculous too, as rediculous as fungal growth in SC2 (if you know what that means. If not, hes almost as rediculous as sensei).

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:49 pm

You should not forget about how you'd normally play against an opponent. I agree that stunning is a pretty ridiculous ability to have on a d2d, but do however note that no one will actually perform attacks at a regular basis with the intention to stun. Sure, it's very nice when you're sacrificing units for power charge (and the main reason why I find it absolutely broken in its current state), but in a lot of cases you're just going to play normally as you cannot rely on something that luck based to win.

Also get rid of the mass damage. It seems like everyone is just adding it for the hell of it these days. It doesn't make any sense at all on this CO, so just stay away from that.

But yeah, to sum it up: this CO as it is right now will spam infantry like no tomorrow, sacrifice a bunch to get powers and disable things, then spam mass damage to pull off a win without too much effort. This concept is still in need of some serious tweaking.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Mark_009_vn

Post by Mark_009_vn » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:18 pm

HPD wrote: Also get rid of the mass damage. It seems like everyone is just adding it for the hell of it these days. It doesn't make any sense at all on this CO, so just stay away from that.
I don't even know why people are so obsessed with mass damage in the first place, it's such an awful mechanic that the mere mention of it makes me want to stick every single IS employers on a pole and pour gravy into their underpants.

0verlordofyou

Post by 0verlordofyou » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:26 am

Mark_009_vn wrote: I don't even know why people are so obsessed with mass damage in the first place, it's such an awful mechanic that the mere mention of it makes me want to stick every single IS employers on a pole and pour gravy into their underpants.
Aw, I really liked the stun ability, but I am keeping the Mass Damage and if anyone pours gravy down my pants I'll rip their arms off.
So I spent most of the night just thinking about this and how I could fix him and this is what I came up with.

D2D: Dropping the stun ability in exchange for all direct fire units having increased firepower and defense (not much just 110/110)

Power: Hydrualic Hype :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar:
Sends out a shock wave that deals 1 HP of damage and has a small chance to stun all enemy units (with a 10% chance and a minimum of 10 units per enemy army). All units get an increase in firepower (Direct units 120/120 indirect units 110/110)

Super Power: Iron Fist :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:
Sends out a shock wave that deals 1 HP of damage and has a small chance to stun those enemy units (with a 30% chance and a minimum of 30 units per enemy army). All units get an increase in firepower (Direct units 140/120 indirect units 120/110)

[again no more than 3/4 of an enemy force can be stunned at any one time]

eliascpsells

Post by eliascpsells » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:33 am

Ok, this is a little bit better.

Mark_009_vn

Post by Mark_009_vn » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:50 pm

Aw, I really liked the stun ability, but I am keeping the Mass Damage and if anyone pours gravy down my pants I'll rip their arms off.
:D

Anyway, 110/110 isn't as "not much" as it seems, according to my testing, 110/110 is better than 120/100. I've once completely changed and revised Sami's mechanic in my balanced hack, in order to eliminate all of the design difficulties an infantry/capture specific CO creates. To do that, instead of boosting infantries, I changed the stats of vehicles around so that they're more powerful when supported by infantries than when they're just alone. One of the changes was making the tank have -1 movement and 110/110 stats. The effects of the 110/110 stats surprised me, it was far better than the -1 movement penalty I've given and beats Andy hands down, it is until I nerfed it back to 105/105 that things became balanced.

Because of that, and the amazing boost you got with the CO powers, made this guy quite overpowered. Fortunately for you, since haft of the original AWDS COs are already overpowered already, this guy is only became better than average in the direct firepower COs department. (mostly due to the mass damage and the stun)