CCO: Gark

This is the section for creating custom COs under the new DS tag system. Users are welcome to post their own creations here or comment on other's CCOs.
0verlordofyou

CCO: Gark

Post by 0verlordofyou » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:41 am

Name: Gark
Army: Crimson Quasar

Bio: A genius scientist that specializes in advanced robotics. Hoping to increase his ability to think and reason he had a second brain grown and hooked directly into his spine. He was later banned from the four allied nations due to a failed experiment the resulted in the destruction of the city he was based in. He sought out Tiberius hoping to get funding from his research. Tiberius, who was quite impressed with his achievements, put Gark in charge of the science division of Crimson Quasar.

History: Gark had always shown amazing mechanical skill. When he was a child he had tinkered and built small toy robots for himself and his friends. He was actually quite popular in school. After he was finished with school, he worked by hiring himself out as an inventor. It was during the first major conflict that Gark had been hired to work on a cloning device. This was to mark the first time that he would meet Ci. The two quickly learned to despise each other. Gark found her to be loud and brash, definitely not the ideal lab partner. Many years later he thought to experiment with AI and warbots. However, this experiment resulted in the complete annihilation of the town he was working in. It took two medium tanks to finally destroy his robot. Gark was put on trail, where they determined that the rampaging robot was not entirely his fault and merely banned him from doing anymore work on the subject. Gark was furious that he was banned from continuing his research and left the four nations behind to went look for the Crimson Quasar capital, hoping that they might be interested in funding his work. To his joy he found that Tiberius was fascinated by his work in robotics, but to his horror he found Ci had also found her way into the Crimson Quasar nation. Now Gark works as the head of the science division and occasionally as the commanding officer of the military force stationed to guard them.

Description: He is of average height and has an aged look on his face, his right arm and part of his left leg have been replace. This is due mostly to the failed robot that almost killed him. Again working on the picture.

Day-to-Day: He is a scientist first and tactition second. Since most of his units are robotic all non-infantry units are healed 1 HP at the beginning of each day. I am not quite sure how to put this in words that make sense so I'll put it like this: non-infantry 90/110, infantry 90/90
[Can produce Robots and Drones]

:hit: His Lab
:miss: The Outdoors

:power: Power: Tech Savvy
:smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar:
All non-infantry units are healed by 1 HP and gain a movement and firepower bonus. (Move +1, unit firepower 110/130 infantry 100/100)

:super: Super Power: Tech Titan
:bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:
All non-infantry units get a movement, firepower, and defense bonus. (Move +2, unit firepower 120/150 infantry 100/100) Any damage a unit inflicts (excluding counter-attacks) is turned into health for that unit. ( 1/2 Cost Dealt ---> Cost healed)

Tag Breaks: Lash(105%)
Ci(110%)
CABAL(105%)

Quotes:
Tag: Guess it's my turn
I'll think of something
I know just what to do

Power: Looks like I need a little fine tuning
What if I...
I hope this works

Super Power: Lets tweak this and...
What does this button do?
I should have done this earlier

Victory: Knowledge is power
Victory, how sweet it is
I won?

Defeat: Saw this coming
I really hate losing
Well this sucks
I am no warrior
The Machine is strong. We must purge the weak, hated flesh and replace it with the blessed purity of metal. Only through permanence can we truly triumph, only through the Machine can we find victory. Punish the flesh! Iron in mind and body! Hail the Machine!

eliascpsells

Re: CCO: Gark

Post by eliascpsells » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:02 am

I couldnt understand what you wrote for the d2d. You said 1 Mass heal per day, and u said to put that in other words, 90/110 non-infantry. I got confused.

COP is op imo. +1 movement is about 2 stars. 2 mass heal is about 3 stars. You have +1 move and heal, +20 offense and defense. OP

SCOP stat boosts are rediculous IMO because of all that other stuff you are getting. Maybe balanced cuz its 8 stars.
Professor Frink: "Pi is exactly 3!!!!"

Audience: "*Gasp!!*"
Frink: "I'm sorry it had to come to that."

Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEIwzueG5UI for the funniest Advance Wars parody.

"Have you ever watched yourself die? It is FASCINATING!"

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:12 am

This guy would be bottom tier no doubt. Nerfed infantry is a huge weakness.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

southerncross403

Post by southerncross403 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:48 am

HPD wrote:This guy would be bottom tier no doubt. Nerfed infantry is a huge weakness.
Nerfed infantry is a huge weakness no doubt, (look what it did to Grit in AW1) but isn't +1 HP for all non-infantry units d2d with a defense boost overpowered? also, his powers fix his day to day offensive weakness. It seems like balance is difficult to maintain here.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:08 am

That pales in comparison to the infantry weakness. 90/90 is rubbish.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

eliascpsells

Post by eliascpsells » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:28 am

I don't think huge weaknesses and huge strengths are what you should go for here. More subtle things are better. That's why Grimm is low tier, because 130/80 is just fudge.
Professor Frink: "Pi is exactly 3!!!!"

Audience: "*Gasp!!*"
Frink: "I'm sorry it had to come to that."

Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEIwzueG5UI for the funniest Advance Wars parody.

"Have you ever watched yourself die? It is FASCINATING!"

0verlordofyou

Post by 0verlordofyou » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:35 pm

I thank you all kindly for the feedback and shall now attempt to fix what I realize to be a rubbish CO.

Day to day will will be changed to all units are 60 (or some other horribly low attack)/140 (or some other ridiculously high defense), 1 mass heal
Power: Tech Savvy
:smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar:
All units 80/150, 1 mass heal, +1 move
Super Power: Tech Titan
:bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:
All units 80/150, 2 mass heal, +2 move

I'd make the defense higher but I think I remember that if it were to go higher than x/200 (including terrain) it would prove problematic. Something about ending up with health higher than 10.
Also, the idea is to have a huge weakness and strength. Ci, who was mentioned above, is going to have the opposite strength and weakness of Gark, but she wont be some cheap Grimm clone. The idea is to have them be just below average alone, but when used together they end up making a powerful team. At least, that's the idea.
The Machine is strong. We must purge the weak, hated flesh and replace it with the blessed purity of metal. Only through permanence can we truly triumph, only through the Machine can we find victory. Punish the flesh! Iron in mind and body! Hail the Machine!

Kilian18

Post by Kilian18 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:35 pm

if the defense of a unit reaches 200, it's invincible! it won't even take any damage if colin would use power of money with 999999G and attack you with a megatank! Defence stats only goes from 0 to 200.