CCO: CABAL

This is the section for creating custom COs under the new DS tag system. Users are welcome to post their own creations here or comment on other's CCOs.
0verlordofyou

CCO: CABAL

Post by 0verlordofyou » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:18 am

Name: CABAL (Based off of C.A.B.A.L. from Command and Conquer Tiberium Sun)
Army: Crimson Quasar

Bio: A computer CO made by Tiberius to help keep the Crimson Quasar military running smoothly. While it has been suggested that CABAL and Tiberius are mentally connected, it has yet to be proven.

History: All Crimson Quasar COs had some hand in the construction of CABAL. After his construction, CABAL immediately took control of the entire military force of Crimson Quasar. Beyond a few training exercises CABAL has yet to experience actual combat.

Description: Hard to describe what he looks like... I'll get right on the picture. :)

Day-to-Day: Can react faster and hit with more precision giving all his land and air units have superior attack and defense (110/110) but not liking water, all naval units suffer (80/100). Loses firepower when it rains (land and air 90/110 naval 60/100) Can move over all terrain evenly.
Campaign Bonus: His HQ cannot be captured but must instead be destroyed, his Headquarters has 999 HP, regains 10 HP per day, and can produce Cyborgs.
[Can produce Cyborgs, Cyborg Reapers, and Banshees]

:hit: Numbers
:miss: Anything Wet

Power Bar: :smallstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:

:power: Power: Cluster Missile
Fires a missile (fires one missile per enemy army) that deals 2-4 damage to a random enemy unit.
(units get no firepower or defense bonus. Power is ready to use every day no matter what.)

OR
:power: Power: Cluster Missile
Fires a missile (fires one missile per enemy army) that deals 2-4 damage to a random enemy unit and 0-1 splash damage to any unit around it.
---1---
--141--
---1---
(units get no firepower or defense bonus. Power is ready to use every day no matter what.)

:super: Super Power: Super Virus
Sends a virus into enemy cities, factories, airports, shipyards, and com-towers shutting them down for one turn and cutting the funds they give by 1/2. The disoray caused by the virus decreases the amount an enemy unit is healed on a city by one and prevents them from being resupplied. Units get a small boost in firepower.
(land and air 130/120, sea 100/110)

Tag Breaks: Tiberius(120%)
Bakk(105%)
Gark(105%)
Ci(105%)
Jugger(110%)

Quotes:
Tag: Processing battle data.
Switching in 3... 2... 1...
Now witness my superiority.

Power: Launch Missile
Prepare to launch the Missile

Super Power: Uploading virus.
Virus upload 99%... 100%! Initiate.
I shall sow chaos and panic amongst the poor creatures.
This should shut them down for good.

Victory: Victory was 86.125% certain, you stood no chance.
I cannot be beaten
The battle fell perfectly into my calculations.

Defeat: Victory was 86.125% certain, how did I lose?
Must analyze defeat. Estimated time: 5620 minutes...
... I lost.

UNIT SPECs

Cyborg
Move 4 Type Mech/ Vision 4/ Fuel 99/99/ Cost: 4000
Weapon1: Gatling Gun: Excellent damage against infantry and copters, deals damage to vehicles
Weapon2: Cannon ammo 9/9: Excellent damage to vehicles, deals some damage to ships and subs

Cyborg Reaper
Move 8 Type ?/ Vision 4/ Fuel 99/99/ Cost: 12000
Weapon: Rockets ammo 8/8: Does good damage against vehicles, copters, and planes. Deals damage to infantry, ships, and subs
EMP Cannon: used in counter attacks: deals no damage but stuns whatever attacks it (10% per 1 health after enemy attack)

Banshee (My unoriginality knows no bounds)
Move 9 Type Air/ Vision 3/ Fuel 99/99/ Cost: 27000 [limit 5]
Weapon: Plasma Pulse Cannon: does excellent damage to ground and air targets, and moderate damage to ships and subs
Last edited by 0verlordofyou on Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Machine is strong. We must purge the weak, hated flesh and replace it with the blessed purity of metal. Only through permanence can we truly triumph, only through the Machine can we find victory. Punish the flesh! Iron in mind and body! Hail the Machine!

eliascpsells

Re: CCO: CABAL

Post by eliascpsells » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:26 am

I'm not sure if he has a good or bad HQ. Land and air bonus is very good, because who cares if sea is weak. It doesn't rain much, and even then you have decent units, because 90/110 is better than 100/100.

Your cop is ready to use any day no matter what. This is broken. Their capture phase is ruined. If there is anything that needs to be changed, its the power. Another thing you can think of is triple COP. You have enough star power to do it.
Professor Frink: "Pi is exactly 3!!!!"

Audience: "*Gasp!!*"
Frink: "I'm sorry it had to come to that."

Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEIwzueG5UI for the funniest Advance Wars parody.

"Have you ever watched yourself die? It is FASCINATING!"

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:28 am

The fact that the COP missile is random kind of ruins it, though. To make it work, it should be predictable in some way, just like how Rachel, Von Bolt and Sturm throw their stuff. If it's random, it means you cannot rely on it to do what you'd want it to do.

Other things: broken d2d, do not use custom units, naval weaknesses are insignificant, as well as weather weaknesses.

Also fix the way you display power bars. I am not sure right now if you mean that your SCOP costs 6 (1+5) or 7 (1+6) stars to charge.

But honestly, if you're going to have him fire missiles with a one-star COP, I'd personally change him so that he could just fire as many as he likes as long as he's got a star gauge. So give him something like a three star limit to fill up and allow him to use it as sort of an energy bar which he depletes for firing missiles instead of a COP that can only be used once a day. That would feel a lot more natural to me for this CO. Of course, he doesn't get an SCOP that way.

But yeah, you do run into trouble where tags are concerned. I'd then just say that you cannot perform Tag breaks with such a CO and leave it at that, but that's your call. He'd be strong enough by himself like this anyway and wouldn't even need d2d boosts, since a constantly usable COP IS, in fact, already a very significant d2d ability that might even prove overpowered with bland stats.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

eliascpsells

Post by eliascpsells » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:41 am

It would ruin a capture phase though, wouldn't it?

Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEIwzueG5UI for the funniest Advance Wars parody.

0verlordofyou

Post by 0verlordofyou » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:08 pm

What if I were to make it so that the power would power-up normally, and change it so that the missile is aimed, like firing from a missile silo.

As for the day to day: All his land and air units have average attack and defense (100/100) but not liking water, all naval units suffer (80/100). Loses firepower when it rains (land and air 80/100 naval 60/100) Can move over all terrain evenly.

fixed power bar
The Machine is strong. We must purge the weak, hated flesh and replace it with the blessed purity of metal. Only through permanence can we truly triumph, only through the Machine can we find victory. Punish the flesh! Iron in mind and body! Hail the Machine!

Mark_009_vn

Post by Mark_009_vn » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:36 pm

Rain is too situational to really take a big effect, similar to Olaf's penalty in rain. And if you set the weather to clear, it wouldn't even matter anyway.

The powers would be a pain in the ass to balanced, missile related powers are hideously broken and stupid, and making it one star doesn't really help, the super powers shut down all production facility of the opposing player, which I don't even know if that's really worth it or not. Since it's just one turn, and the attack power is only average, it is possible for the opposing player to survive that turn without much trouble. But then again, it's DS charge rate, you could probably gain access to that power every 7 to 8 days, and that could be really painful attritionally.
Remember not to feed the animals

eliascpsells

Post by eliascpsells » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:39 am

Yeah, Rachel's power is just too..... do i need to say more?

0verlordofyou

Post by 0verlordofyou » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:51 am

So, even though the missile covers a small area, and doesn't deal all that much damage it would still be overpowered? And could the super power turn off their buildings for two turns, or would that be too much?