Chiyome

This is the section for creating custom COs under the new DS tag system. Users are welcome to post their own creations here or comment on other's CCOs.
GamingGhost

Chiyome

Post by GamingGhost » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:00 am

Guess I'll try my hand at this custom CO thing. Apologies ahead of time if this has already been done, but I don't really have time to read through all of the entries and a few quick searches didn't pull anything up.

Chiyome (F/YC)

Apperance: Black hair in a ponytail, wears an YC uniform.

Dossier: Sonja's former bodyguard-turned-CO who comes from a long line of shinobi. She and Sonja are close friends.

Hit: Lukewarm sake
Miss: Publicity

Skill: Being an expert in clandestine operations, she can hide her infantry and mechs at a cost of one movement and 10% firepower. Hidden units can still capture properties.

Power (xxxx): Hensojutsu "Catch me if you can!"

Standard power boost + Chiyome hides all units for one day

Superpower (XXXX): Metsubushi "Kuwabara, kuwabara."

Standard superpower boost (1 day) + Chiyome summons FoW for 3 days.

Victory quote: "Your guns cannot shoot what your eyes cannot see."
Defeat quote: "We learn little from victory, much from defeat."

Tags

Sonja (120%): Rising Sun
Kanbei (110%): Kamikaze (referring to the typhoon, not the suicide attacks)
Sami (105%): Clandestine Ops
Koal (100%): The Art of War
Von Bolt (90%)
Kindle (80%)

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Re: Chiyome

Post by Xenesis » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:25 am

Mechanically, that D2D is amazingly good. Minimum two turns to get rid of a defending unit is scary and while the movement limits the offensive power of this setup, AW3 always stalls into Maginot lines anyhow.

The way the AW engine works is that stealthed units (Dived Subs/Hidden Stealths) are completely immune to indirect attack. As such your COP is better than Javier's SCOP, but Javier is crap anyway :P
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Kilian18

Post by Kilian18 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:26 am

So, let's see: d2d makes her Infantries like Subs/Stealths for the cost of FP and MP (at least as far as I understand this) at this point I already have some questions: when you want to hide Infantries, is it the same as you want to hide a stealth or a sub with an "hide"-order or is it something else? Also: will the enemy see this Unit while it's capturing one of his cities, or will he need a unit being next to the city to see it? For the Powers: the COP seems to be rather strong, Hiding all units for 1 turn makes it almost Impossible for the enemy to attack you, while the SCOP can be even a disadvantage, because this CO doesn't have an advantage in FoW, and the opponent is also able to use the fog against you. IMO: the COP is better than the SCOP. The d2d is difficult to make out, and needs some testing but an invisible meatshield sounds broken, and since Infantry is ~75% of your army in AWDS, you'll have a superior advantage to the other COs, but as I said this needs to be tested.

GamingGhost

Post by GamingGhost » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:19 am

Yeah, her infantry would have a hide command, but spawn visible. You could also see hidden infantry capturing properties, since it would be really cheap not to. Originally, I thought about having her summon FoW only for enemy armies and not her own but decided that would be a bit one-sided and left it as regular FoW. Plus her tag with Sonja would make it an interesting trick: summon FoW, then swap to Counter Break. The -10% goes for both offense and defense, and the -1 movement would mean Mechs could only move one space while hidden and infantry only two. Also, good catch on the hidden mechanic. When I thought of hidden land units, I thought in terms of hiding in trees where, once found, the unit could be attacked by anything. Didn't think about subs/stealths being immune to indirect fire.

Kilian18

Post by Kilian18 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:34 pm

Of course the SCOP works amazingly well with Sonja in a tag battle, but Tag battles are AFAIK out of metagame because those tag powers are just outright broken. Of course it's fun to smash the enemy (especially in campaign) with some super hard and broken tag powers (Eagle+Sami ftw). A normal PvP battle is played with 1CO per army, so you can't rely on tag affinitys to balance your CO. Well let's leave that aside: I still believe that the COP is stronger than the SCOP, at least I would do COP-spam while playing this CO. And since Powers charge so fast in AWDS, you could activate this power every 3-4 Days.