CCO : Jupiter

This is the section for creating custom COs under the new DS tag system. Users are welcome to post their own creations here or comment on other's CCOs.
Fynmorph

CCO : Jupiter

Post by Fynmorph » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:13 am

Be critique. Don't mind that I registered just to post that lol. I'm French so there might be some bad English, also I'm not really into RP, so it's mainly a gamewise CO.

Name: Jupiter (not really important)
Faction/Army: Blue Moon :bm:

Design Section:

-Profile quote: "Just wait a little... hehehe"
-In Game Biography (Optional): An experienced Blue Moon CO who hate to be disturbed or called on the front. But when he has to, only victory matters to him.
-Personality: When he's not silent, he's pretty disdainful, not really caring about his units (but who would anyway) so most of the COs in Blue Moon despise him. He's pretty patient and calm though, making plans for most situations.

He's an expert of remaining hidden, specialized in submarines and stealths.

Hits : The calm, Being alone.
Misses : Noisy foods, Hubbub.

Music Theme : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aco1uev7jk

---- TECHNICAL ----

Day to Day : His submarines and stealths have a 30% offensive bonus and dont comsume extra fuel while invisible. He has +1 vision in Fog of War. All units have their HP hidden from the enemy.
His properties repair 1 less HP due to the fact that the logistics team hates him.

CO Power Meter: xxXXXX

CO Power (Image) : March of the invisibles
Summon the fog of war for 1 day. Sea and Air units prices drop to 67%. Usual +10/+10 bonus.

Super CO Power (Image) : Can’t hit what you can’t see !
Summon the fog for 2 days (until the 2nd turn of Jupiter after use). +1 vision (making it +2), can see in reefs and forests. All units are refueled. As long as the fog is in, +30%/10% bonus. Your units can also go through enemy's units.
Last edited by Fynmorph on Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:11 am, edited 8 times in total.

DieselPheonix

Re: CCO : Jupiter

Post by DieselPheonix » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:21 am

The sprite is rather fetching. Did you make it?

Fynmorph

Post by Fynmorph » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:26 am

Yep. I didnt use any base.

Primarygunner

Post by Primarygunner » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:57 am

Relly cool bro

Theme: the Theme is well done "for better or for worse." and the idea for this character is Clear as day good job man.

PIC: vary cool man the personality is vary clear in this picture with out being how you say "overly done?" vary impressed maybe you could help me do mine in the future, reminds me of the main character of "Yahari Ore no Seishun" whom is nicked name fish-eyes.

Powers: now here's were i think things can be improved. 2star co power that lets u build Stealth bombers for 8000 and and subs for 7000, sorry man that's way OP, don't base powers around money as it more often then not, won't be good for game balance.

Co. Balance: basing you co around Stealth units makes your Co not vary useful in many situations as that would include only 2 units :S. that docent mean that this Co has to sacrifice or contradict any thing he stands for tho. I think adding a day to day power boost for ranged units would give this Co much more utility and options when it comes to strategy. of course this is my opinion you can find your own way. as it is now tho it looks as tho its set up to be a Spam bombers and subs CO. which sounds way more interesting on paper then when it comes to game play between 2 people.

Fynmorph

Post by Fynmorph » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:21 pm

Mh I'll explain my reasoning.

Yea Subs and Stealth may be limited, but a CO based on invisibility is so tempting.
Powers: now here's were i think things can be improved. 2star co power that lets u build Stealth bombers for 8000 and and subs for 7000, sorry man that's way OP, don't base powers around money as it more often then not, won't be good for game balance.
His Day to Day is pretty useless without Subs or Stealth, so I need a quick COP to make some. Also yea it's down to the price of a tank, but it's not like most maps have multiples Airports and Ports. So you can't buy more than one or two in one turn. Should i drop it to "half the price" ?
Co. Balance: basing you co around Stealth units makes your Co not vary useful in many situations as that would include only 2 units :S.
Stealths are pretty much always useful tho.
I might drop his " dont consume extra fuel while invisible " since he already has lots of things for refueling, for something more consistent ? A boosted attack on forest and reefs idk.

Narts

Post by Narts » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:17 am

his arms look maybe a tad short but otherwise nice

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:47 am

I agree with Primarygunner. Cutting stealth/sub costs in half makes them way too easy to spam, and since their respective counter units are expensive (cruisers and jets), this makes the problem extend a few days after the COP is popped, and by then, you would be able to do it again, compounding the problem until the enemy is overwhelmed.

Since both of my power changes are overpowered, I suggest adding that his D2D units also only have 90/90 stats in addition to what is already there.
Change the COP to give out a 20% firepower boost to stealths and subs, and add a 10% firepower boost to any unit sitting in a forest or reef. Keep the fuel replenish.
The SCOP is fine as it is, just add a 20% boost to forest/reef units.
I also suggest adding at least one star to his power meter, making the meter xxxXXXX. If two stars are to be added: xxxXXXXX. This is a pretty OP CO as it is, even with the D2D limitations.

SUMMARY:
D2D
90/90 for all units
120/90 for subs and stealths
Sight for all units increased by 1
Transport units gain movement range of 1
Properties repair 1HP per turn

COP
All fuel and ammunition is replenished
Normal 10/10 boost for all units
140/100 for subs and stealths
110/100 for all units on forest and reef tiles (this stacks with steaths and subs as well to make 150/100)

SCOP
Rains for two days
Fuel and ammo restock
Normal 10/10 boost for all units
170/100 for subs and steaths
120/100 for all units on forest and reef tiles (Again, stacks for subs and stealths for 190/100)

EDIT: This may seem like a complete overhaul of your CO, because it is. The only real way to counter this CO as he is now is to have Sasha against him and have her keep using her COP to keep his money levels down.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.