CCO: Saul

This is the section for creating custom COs under the new DS tag system. Users are welcome to post their own creations here or comment on other's CCOs.
FyreTP

Post by FyreTP » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:29 am

Name: Saul "Fox of Green Earth"
:hit: Running
:miss: Walking
Power: :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:
Bio: Known as the fox of Green Earth, Saul is a quick CO when he needs to be, and an excellent supply manager. His skill as a quartermaster messes with his ability to fight properly.
:skill: Units get extra fuel, (maybe, or resupply costs go down by 10%/ nothing here) but 90/100. Fuel consumption stays at a max of 2 when going through tougher terrain.
:power: Swift Attack; All units' movement can be limited by a max of two by terrain, +1 movement, but increase fuel consumption by 300%. 100 attack and 110 defense.
"Forward the lines!"
"Let's be in their face!"
:super: Rapid Assault; All units' movement cannot be limited by terrain, +1/2 movement, but increase fuel consumption by 200%, 110 attack and 130 defense
"CHARGE!"
"Blood and vinegar!"
Tags:
Eagle: Earthly Rush; X X X and 120 power
Ingo: Wildfire; X X and 115 power
Jess: Hit and Run; X X and 120 power
Victory Quotes:
"Outfoxed!"
"Couldn't catch up!"
"Even if you'd run, I'd be there first!"
Last edited by FyreTP on Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:10 am, edited 9 times in total.
The only blood you can't clean off your hands...
...yours.

MysteriousLad

Re: CCO: Saul

Post by MysteriousLad » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:19 pm

This guy would be good for quickly obtaining cash by capturing cities further than others, however he would be destroyed by co's like collin due to them matching his ability to take cities with their cheaper deployment funds. You could easily counter this CO by simply spamming units, 60% defence means units will be 1-shot killed most of the time. Just having collin make a bomber/neo-tank would be enoughth to destroy everything.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

Satel

Post by Satel » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:34 pm

+1 movement day-to-day is broken, and you're forced to counterweight it by stats so bad the guy gets murdered by Colin of all people.

His COPs would even break the game because the pathfinding breaks at 11 movement, while this dude's Fighters reach 13.

Also the powers' names are so so bland...
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

FyreTP

Post by FyreTP » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:28 am

Yeah, he'd get destroyed by other COS in combat, but he's more suited for a distract and cap style of combat. I still could'be worked a bit more on him
...yours.

FyreTP

Post by FyreTP » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:29 am

FyreTP wrote:Yeah, he'd get destroyed by other COS in combat, but he's more suited for a distract and cap style of combat. I still could'be worked a bit more on him
Actually, I could work on him in a bit,
...yours.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:12 am

I'll restart an old gimmick: rating CCOs. I used to be B+ tier CO rater before that 4-year absence of mine.
So here we go, let's do this.

I am not going to rate the backstory and anything, cause there's almost nothing to rate anyway.
:skill: D2D: Back in these days where I actually changed AW stats, I tried such a thing as +1 movement day-to-day for weaker stats. The +1 movement is so obscene that the stats need to be lowered a lot for it to balance out (80/80 for example), and even then it was extremely polarizing as in you get ahead and win or you don't and you get flattened. With 80/100 stats, you'll be likely to win.
:power: COP: +4 movement for 4 stars, while Adder and Koal get +2 for 5 stars. Right. Fuel usually is a non-factor, so even consuming double or triple isn't that important; triply so when you focus around your key interests with such a CO: getting dem cities. Also, I'm not sure if you factored default boosts in the new stats. If not, it's a +10/-10, which is basically useless. If you did, it's a -20% defense and should be noted that way.
:super: SCOP: COP with no drawback and perfect movement + obscene boosts (150% defense is almost Kanbei SCOP defense). Yu'll never get it off against a Sasha/Colin team, but when you do get it off, it turns your guy into a game breaker.
Total Rate: Solid :b: Minus

Also, all that banter of his makes me wanna say YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME BECAUSE YOUU'RE TOOO SLOOOW!!
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

FyreTP

Post by FyreTP » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:27 am

Airnike wrote:I'll restart an old gimmick: rating CCOs. I used to be B+ tier CO rater before that 4-year absence of mine.
So here we go, let's do this.

I am not going to rate the backstory and anything, cause there's almost nothing to rate anyway.
:skill: D2D: Back in these days where I actually changed AW stats, I tried such a thing as +1 movement day-to-day for weaker stats. The +1 movement is so obscene that the stats need to be lowered a lot for it to balance out (80/80 for example), and even then it was extremely polarizing as in you get ahead and win or you don't and you get flattened. With 80/100 stats, you'll be likely to win.
:power: COP: +4 movement for 4 stars, while Adder and Koal get +2 for 5 stars. Right. Fuel usually is a non-factor, so even consuming double or triple isn't that important; triply so when you focus around your key interests with such a CO: getting dem cities. Also, I'm not sure if you factored default boosts in the new stats. If not, it's a +10/-10, which is basically useless. If you did, it's a -20% defense and should be noted that way.
:super: SCOP: COP with no drawback and perfect movement + obscene boosts (150% defense is almost Kanbei SCOP defense). Yu'll never get it off against a Sasha/Colin team, but when you do get it off, it turns your guy into a game breaker.
Total Rate: Solid :b: Minus

Also, all that banter of his makes me wanna say YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME BECAUSE YOUU'RE TOOO SLOOOW!!
Yeah I did change it recently so his power rating is a bit out of date. But still, I think his power is kinda to OP. I would do a -20 percent star generation, but I don't wanna do the Sonya approach to combat. I'll edit it further and make the OP-ness die down quite a bit. I do appreciate your input though!
...yours.

Satel

Post by Satel » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:06 am

Most of this guy's OPness comes from the free movement.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

FyreTP

Post by FyreTP » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:27 am

Satel wrote:Most of this guy's OPness comes from the free movement.
Ahh, but I kinda did want the feeling of herpderprushalltheopponents. Mebbe adding 300% to movement costs again. Either that or nerf all of the added movements down to 2 or 3.
...yours.

Satel

Post by Satel » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:38 am

Tough luck, three already breaks the game, see the mention in my first post.

st3rn fudge st3rn

FyreTP

Post by FyreTP » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:46 pm

Satel wrote:Tough luck, three already breaks the game, see the mention in my first post.
Yeah I know, but I did kick it down a notch with the movement limiters of 11. I will debuff it to 10 max with a three increase. That should decrease OPness as well as the 300% fuel consumption for both powers. But as it stands I am non sure how much more nerfing he can take before he becomes another Adder.
...yours.

Satel

Post by Satel » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:38 pm

Adder is supposed to be the fastest you can get, and that's for a reason.

st3rn fudge st3rn

FyreTP

Post by FyreTP » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:26 am

I just thought of a way to rebuild him and make him a bit different.
CO power sets max movement limiter to 2:
SCO power sets max movement limiter to 1, decreases fuel consumption to 200%
...yours.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:47 am

FyreTP wrote:I just thought of a way to rebuild him and make him a bit different.
CO power sets max movement limiter to 2:
SCO power sets max movement limiter to 1, decreases fuel consumption to 200%
Movement penalties? You could have maximum movement cost 2 as a day-to-day and even then it would be weaksauce.
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

FyreTP

Post by FyreTP » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:24 am

So I think I know what is OP and UP. The D2D seems to be the issue for airnike, but for Satel, it was the super power. I'll take a different stand point and for now, no edits will be made until I take a different look at him.
...yours.

Satel

Post by Satel » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:24 am

At the beginning, everything was OP, no questions asked.

My worry was more about game crashes, but i've been scolded for the d2d +1 movement a few years ago. It's so powerful that the necessary counterbalances are not worth it.

st3rn fudge st3rn

FyreTP

Post by FyreTP » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:00 am

I took a step back and looked at an old CO today. Miranda. I'm sure that name brings memories back, and her movement D2D. I see why you guys have been on my arse about this, and I am going to work on a new way to rebalance everything a bit more. Hopefully he will have been reworked before I toss out a new CO, (maybe).
...yours.

Fynmorph

Post by Fynmorph » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:27 am

Could be funny a CO with 300% fuel consumption but extra move for vehicules as D2D (or maybe make vehicules spend 10 fuel each turn ? dunno might balance out). But right now the CO is kind of weak.

FyreTP

Post by FyreTP » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:08 pm

People said both UP and OP but he's just at the comfortable spot for me, so I'll leave him be.
...yours.