CCOs: Project Advance Wars Frontier

This is the section for creating custom COs under the new DS tag system. Users are welcome to post their own creations here or comment on other's CCOs.
The Thunder

CCOs: Project Advance Wars Frontier

Post by The Thunder » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:13 am

This is where I initially plan to list info on each of my own custom COs. This probably isn't necessary because you could find out more about them by using the link I provided in my signature, but let's see how this turns out.

Brad
Image White Star

A kid CO who keeps the team in spirit. Possesses impressive leadership skills. Childhood friend of Bridgette.

"I believe in everyone!"

:hit: Optimism
:miss: Pessimism

:skill: All vehicular direct-combat forces are stronger. Has no real weaknesses.

Vehicular direct-combat units are 110/110.

Image :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:

:power: Rev Up
Direct-combat vehicular units' firepower rises, their movement cost drops to 1, and their movement range goes up by 2 spaces.

Vehicular direct-combat units are 130/120, all other units are 110/110.

:superds: Rollout
Direct-combat vehicular units' firepower rises greatly and their movement cost drops to 1. Movement range of all vehicular units goes up by 2 spaces and their firing range is increased by 2.

Vehicular direct-combat units are 150/120, all other units are 110/110.

:tag: Earthbound
Jake :tagaffinity: 110%

:tag: Silver Lining
Sadie :tagaffinity: :tagaffinity: 110%

:tag: Shooting Star
Bridgette :tagaffinity: :tagaffinity: :tagaffinity: 120%

:tag: Blaze of Glory
Wolfe :tagaffinity: :tagaffinity: 115%

Sturm, Von Bolt, and Mepher: 90%

CO Power
"I'll never give up until the end!"
"It's not over until it's over!"
"I prove my power! That's how I win!"
"If you just talk big, who's gonna take you seriously?"
"War is a battle, not an exchange of tempered sentences."
"My friends are my strength! And I'm theirs!"

CO Swap
"Ready to roll!"
"Let's do this!"

Victory
"Well fought!"
"One more go? Well... okay."
"Yeah! I did it! I won!"

Dual Victory

Brad: "Nice work! Victory is ours!"
Jake: "Word! We showed them!"

Brad: "We're a great team, Jake!"
Jake: "Boo-yah! We're awesome sauce!"

Jake: "Let's make some soup 'cause the enemy got creamed!"
Brad: "Uh... What? Uh... yeah. We did it. We won."

Jake: "Owned!"
Brad: "Yeah!"

Brad: "Woohoo! We did it! We won!"
Sadie: "Don't exhaust yourself, Brad. Keep your game up!"

Brad: "We're amazing! Aren't we, Sadie?"
Sadie: "We sure are, sweetie! I taught you so well."

Brad: "Uh, did you say something, Bridgette?"
Bridgette: "Oh, I... Uh... Thanks. Thanks for helping."

Brad: "I couldn't ask for a better best friend than you, Bridgette."
Bridgette: "Awww... Brad, you're so sweet."

Brad: "Yeah! We are the winners!"
Wolfe: "Nice! Now get some rest, son. We still have more work to do."

Brad: "Oh yeah, I called it!"
Wolfe: "Meaning you gave good calls. I'm impressed."

Sven

Re: CCOs: Project Advance Wars Frontier

Post by Sven » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:01 am

child soldier hype

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:03 am

How old d'you make Andy to be anyways? I know some people figured them to be teenagers but to me it only makes sense if they're in their early 20s.

I guess it doesn't help IS made him dumber with every game.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Sven

Post by Sven » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:15 am

nothing in wars world makes sense. also tell me with a straight face that these two are 18+.

The Thunder

Post by The Thunder » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:38 am

And don't forget Colin and in a way Jake and Rachel.

Satel

Post by Satel » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:46 am

Jake and Rachel look in their late teens tbh.

As far as the CO is concerned, he's pretty broken. 110/110 tanks are way strong. And +2 movement for tanks got denied on Max's SCOP, so why should he get it on his COP?

It's really easy to tune though, so no sweat.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

The Thunder

Post by The Thunder » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:01 am

Okay, if you honestly think 110/110 tanks are "way strong", then Jess is super cheap incarnate. Just saying. And just experimenting to see if Brad can compete with the big leagues of Dual Strike. Perhaps the next CO I put here will freak people out...

Satel

Post by Satel » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:12 am

Jess is 120/100. Defense is stronger than offense in this game due to how it works before DoR.
Then again, this isn't the strongest thing he has... that would be his COP.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

The Thunder

Post by The Thunder » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:39 am

I had no idea defense was toned down in DoR and I had no idea how it even worked in DS. Okay, next one. Prepare to be terrified.

Bridgette
Image White Star

The newest recruit to White Star and its youngest CO. Quiet and shy around others. She wears a mysterious amulet and has a crush on Brad.

"Um..."

:hit: Swimming, diving
:miss: Socializing

:skill: All naval units have additional firepower and defense. All Infantry units have weaker firepower due to her lack of social skills.

Naval units are 110/110. Infantry units are 90/100.

Image :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:

:power: Waterfall
Causes a jet stream of water that does 1 HP of damage. Decreases enemy firepower.

Naval units are 120/120, Infantry are 100/110, all other units are 110/110. Enemy units lose 10% offense for a day.

:superds: Whirlpool
Causes a jet stream of water that does 2 HP of damage to all enemy units. Greatly decreases enemy firepower.

Naval units are 120/120, Infantry are 100/110, all other units are 110/110. Enemy units lose 30% offense for a day, similar to sandstorm penalties from DoR.

:tag: Hurricane
Drake :tagaffinity: :tagaffinity: 110%

:tag: Shooting Star
Brad :tagaffinity: :tagaffinity: :tagaffinity: 120%

:tag: Negative Energy
Hawke :tagaffinity: 105%

Sturm, Kindle, Von Bolt, and Ember: 90%

CO Power
"..."
"Um... I..."
"Uh... Can I do this?"
"I... uh... I hope this doesn't hurt..."
"Am I... doing this right?"
"If you don't mind... I'd like to end this..."

CO Swap
"Oh, uh... Is it my turn?"
"Um... I guess... it's my turn... if that's alright with you."

Victory
"Um... Did I win?"
"Oh, uh... Yay."
"Um... I guess... I won."

Dual Victory

Bridgette: "Um... I guess... we won..."
Drake: "C'mon, lass! Show some sea spirit!"

Bridgette: Wow... We work great together.
Drake: Of course we do, lass! We both love the sea!

Drake: "What a great team we make! Eh, lass?"
Bridgette: "Oh, uh... Yes... Yes, we do."

Drake: "Blow ye winds o' the mornin'! Blow ye winds hi ho! C'mon, lass! Sing with me!"
Bridgette: "What? Aah! Oh my goodness! Oh no... Really, I couldn't..."

Bridgette: "Um... did we win?"
Brad: "Yeah, Bridgette. We won!"

Bridgette: "Brad, I... I..."
Brad: "Yeah, I... I always felt..."

Bridgette: "Um... we won... right?"
Hawke: "Yes. And it was too easy."

Bridgette: "Um... uh..."
Hawke: "Yeah."

Hawke: "Next time, don't hold me back."
Bridgette: "Oh... uh... I'm sorry."

Hawke: "Perhaps we do have a bit in common."
Bridgette: "Um... uh... We do?"

The Thunder

Post by The Thunder » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:55 am

...Honestly, I'm surprised no one has said anything about CO Bridgette. Thought someone would at least said she's cheap.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:21 am

Her powers are cheap, especially her super, and especially her bio.

Happy?
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

The Thunder

Post by The Thunder » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:02 am

...You know, I was only trying to liven up this forum with some of my creative ideas.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:44 am

Don't be a douche, Airnike.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Satel

Post by Satel » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:08 am

She's not even actually cheap.

Her powers may be a bit strong, but her D2D is just bad because sea is basically irrelevant, making her actually rather bad.

st3rn fudge st3rn

The Thunder

Post by The Thunder » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:15 am

Yeah, bad like Drake, right? Everyone says Drake is awful. :(

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:23 am

I was only being too simple for people's tastes. I apologize for sounding offensive. He asked me to say she's cheap, and I delivered. That's my attempt at literal-minded humor.
That aside, I'll elaborate in my old-school CCO-rating style. Warning, this is less douche than what I said before, but still douche.

Bio: Let's be real: she feels like some cliché magical-somethings love interest. A little girl with pigtails wearing a mysterious amulet and a crush on Brad, who is the main protagonist. The fact that she has a shy personality makes me hate her more than usual, but I hate Isabella beyond reason.
Skills: Meh at best. Not cheap. Because naval units are already a niche and you're not going to use them in competition, and not much more in story unless the continent where everything happens looks like Hoenn.
CO Power: Oooh I get it, she's basically Drake! Except that her CO Power is cheaper because she reduces enemy units' attack, which would be very powerful in and of itself. You're adding that to a 4-star COP and make it 3-star. This is the actual extent of her cheapness... oh wait...
Super CO Power: ... it's not. This SCOP is also based on Drake's, but there's so much similarity I wonder why she doesn't specialize in something else because one will invariably be better than the other. Also, she seems to miraculously lose her malus during this one, and on top of that you're adding a 30% firepower penalty. To me, that would be close to a 10-stars SCOP. But this is not cheap. This is flat-out overpowered.

In a shellnut:
Personality: :c: Like I've said, the little girl people don't know much about wearing a mysterious amulet is... awfully cliché to me. Even when you're working that within a story, you'll end with something along the lines Isabella, who's a borderline Woobie Sue and only serves as a walking Deus Ex Macchina. Back to this girl, her quotes are so... riddled... with... ugh, it irritates me. I wonder how she would even have joined the army as a CO no less, while barely even socializing, and at 10 years old. And the crush on the hero make me think of the two as the Marty Stu and Mary Sue pair.
Kit: :c: The skills and powers would be okay if it weren't so darn redundant with Drake. And, in the case of the powers, too strong. I feel like seeing my beta Shin with +2 movement and vision for 3 stars.
Total: :crank: Even if I were not feeling as cranky as today, I would've been just like that. I think I'll just pick Drake already.
MysteriousLad be like:
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

The Thunder

Post by The Thunder » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:27 am

Go figure.

Satel

Post by Satel » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:07 am

Drake is not awful per se, he's even pretty good, but it's not his D2D that does that, it's the mass damage on his COPs.

Back to Bridgette, she's basically him with better powers, but then again, they do the same thing: being amazing at wearing down offensives. And I know for a fact that gameplay-wise, it is very annoying, even more than it is powerful, and trust me, it is very much so, especially her SCOP.

As far as the whole of your characters go, your designs are very simplistic to say the least. I'm not sure I mind that much. I'm more bothered about the "impressive leadership" of Brad that is actually absent from his quotes or things like that.

But hey, you know how you fix this? By working s'more! So I'mma let you do your thing before coming back to post.

st3rn fudge st3rn

The Thunder

Post by The Thunder » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:28 am

Moving on!

Flint
:bm: Blue Moon

The sheriff of Cobalt Town. Lives life in the old western style. Grit was his deputy before joining Orange Star.

"Hold your horses!"

:hit: Stars
:miss: Cars

:skill: As a law enforcer, Flint pays no cost for base repair. All indirect-combat units have more defense.

Indirect-combat units have 120% defense.

:power: Quickdraw
Flint pulls the trigger faster than the opponent by inflicting 1 HP of damage to all enemy units. Also, his indirect-combat units gain even more defense.

Indirect-combat units have 140% defense.

:superds: Silver Bullet
Flint is so quick on the draw he causes 2 HP of damage to all enemy units. Also, his indirect-combat units gain even more defense.

Indirect-combat units have 160% defense.

:tag: Wild Blue
Grit :tagaffinity: 110%

Sturm and Von Bolt, 90%

CO Power
"You better have enough airtights to get you through this."
"If you're among the willows, then I'm mad as a march hare!"
"Say hello to my old Betsy!"
"Don't kick up a row on my watch!"
"I hate to raise your bristles, but I'll roost over you yet."
"This old pod knows how to keep the pot a boiling."

CO Swap
"The jig is up."
"Let me at those pesky varmints!"

Victory
"Now I'm all white-eyed. I'm not as young as I used to be."
"Boy howdy! That was a hootenanny!"
"Push your barrow and pull in your horns. We're done."

Dual Victory

Flint: "Happy trails!"
Grit: "I reckon that's the end."

Flint: "Whew! I'm played out. What about you, Grit?"
Grit: "Me? I'm just feeling a bit peckish."

Grit: We sure showed them that we're not lazy.
Flint: They should be afeared to cross paths with us.

Grit: Looks like we got 'em.
Flint: They're just on the dodge for now. Always be ready.

Yes, I looked up the cowboy jargon for each meaning, so no questions on that. My brother finds it laughably irritating. :lol: And as you can see, I have given this CO the most evil D2D ability any fan can ever think of! Bwahahahaha! :twisted:
Last edited by The Thunder on Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Thunder

Post by The Thunder » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:15 am

You know, I'm aware that these Advance Wars forums have lost their hype, drive, motivation and such over the 7+ years since the last game, but I thought that Flint's D2D ability (no cost for base repair) would have at least raised a few welts and get users to shout out "EVIL!!" ...Oh, well. Here's the next CO, one of the more influential story mode characters, Sadie.

Sadie
:yc: Yellow Comet

A top reconnaissance student of the same academy that Sonja attended. She is friends with Sonja and Sami.

"Can you see what is around you?"

:hit: Friends
:miss: Politicians

:skill: Sadie is skilled in reconnaissance, so her units get a little more terrain defensive cover. Also increases defense versus direct attacks.

Sadie's units get one additional terrain star, so wherever she goes, she will always get terrain defense, including on roads. They also have 120% defense by default without terrain calculation against direct attacks.

:power: Hard Knock
Increases the vision range of all units and firing range of indirect-combat units by one space. Improves defense versus direct attacks.

All units have 140% defense plus terrain calculation against direct attacks.

:superds: Blind Shot
Increases the vision range of all units by one space and movement range by two. Improves defense versus direct attacks. Summons the Fog of War for one day and reduces vision of enemy units to 1.

All units have 170% defense plus terrain calculation against direct attacks. And enemy units suffer pretty much the vision penalty during rain in Days of Ruin.

:tag: Friendly Fire
Sami :tagaffinity: 110%

:superds: Yellow Groove
Sonja :tagaffinity: 110%

:tag: Silver Lining
Brad :tagaffinity: :tagaffinity: 110%

Sturm and Von Bolt: 90%

CO Power
"Do you mind? I'm trying to study here. I guess I'll just have to stop you then."
"A full analysis has been completely successful. I'm going in!"
"You'll find out the hard way what happens when you push me around."
"I'm ready... and I expect you to be ready too."
"I'm not alone. My friends are backing me up all the way!"
"Got it!"

CO Swap
"I won't give in!"
"I have to go on!"

Victory
"Oh yeah! It pays to do a full reconnaissance!"
"This is why I study before the battle begins."
"With field knowledge, you too can be an expert."

Dual Victory

Sadie: "You seemed to take things a little too seriously."
Sami: "Can't be too sure of yourself, right?"

Sadie: "Nice use of our training back there!"
Sami: "I'll never forget my roots!"

Sami: "You know, taking breaks is crucial, too."
Sadie: "I know, but not during the heat of battle... I think."

Sami: "Why don't you come back to the academy?"
Sadie: "Oh, there's really no need for me to. But thanks anyway."

Sadie: "Whew! All that studying really paid off!"
Sonja: "Tell me, Sadie. Did you take any breaks at all?"

Sadie: "Uh, you're not... jealous of me, are you?"
Sonja: "What? No! Don't be silly."

Sonja: "Did you say you wanted to do something else with your life?"
Sadie: "Well, maybe I'll raise a family when I'm ready."

Sonja: "You know, even I don't study 24/7."
Sadie: "I know that. And I keep telling you, neither do I."

Sadie: "Nice work, Brad! Your leadership really shows!"
Brad: "Well, it's all because of your teaching."

Sadie: "That was great! How do you feel, Brad?"
Brad: "Whoo! Oh man, I need a nap."

ThunderWalker

Post by ThunderWalker » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:13 pm

With AwDoR defence calculations, Sadie would not be a problem. With AWDS calculations, it certainly is.
And yeah, your bio and quotes are a bit lacking and even contrast at times (looking at Brad).
My sig is a void.

The Thunder

Post by The Thunder » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:46 pm

Well, I can't exactly introduce my custom COs as Days of Ruin custom COs because I would have to bend by those rules and that would be tricky. The way I envision Advance Wars Frontier gameplay is more like a "mix" of Dual Strike and Days of Ruin. Therefore, I'm introducing my custom COs as if they were in Dual Strike. One thing I envision that will surely freak you all out are tri teams, THREE COs in control of one army, thus being able to activate Tri Strikes and going up to three times in one turn. I got that idea from Pokemon Black and White and I loved the Rotation Battles.

With that said, I'll be continuing these COs regardless of opinions for two reasons. One, I want to get them up here and get people's feedback. Regardless, since it's an art and story project on Advance Wars, I probably won't be doing much revising, since it's not exactly what I wanna do with my life. I'm just showcasing here. Two... I think I already explained it. So now, here's Condor, the new Green Earth guy.

Condor
:ge: Green Earth

Condor is rumored to be a war legend from Neo Land because of his unmatched skills. Often works alone in open areas. Competes with Eagle.

"You’re not worth my time."

:hit: Isolation
:miss: Passion

:skill: Condor’s forces are strong in deserts. His firepower increases in sandstorms and his troops have no movement or firing range penalties. Air units have increased firepower and defense. Weak in snow and rain.

All non-air units have 120% offense in sandstorms, but only 80% offense during snow and/or rain, air units have 110% offense and defense by default, 130% offense during sandstorms, and 90% offense during snow and/or rain

Image :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:

:power: Twister
Sand causes 1 HP of damage to all enemy units. Also, a sandstorm brews for 2 days.

...Just apply the regular CO Power bonus (+10/10) to the above stats.

:superds: Tempest
A squall blows sand everywhere and causes 2 HP of damage to all enemy units. Also, the sandstorm rages on for 2 days.

Same here. Apply the power bonus.

:tag: Birds of Prey
Eagle :tagaffinity: 110%

:tag: Silent Wings
Hawke :tagaffinity: 105%

CO Power
"So, it's come down to this, has it? Don't say I didn't warn you!"
"I will silence you, as the condor is the silent bird."
"The largest flying bird in the sky... That's me!"
"My skills surpass the wingspan of the condor itself!"
"You're only worthy if you can stand up to this."
"Can you match up to the majestic condor?"

CO Swap
"You can't defeat the best of the best."
"Fly into action or fly the coop!"

Victory
"You had no chance. And I'm not surprised."
"Go back to your nest!"
"Not even a workout? You disappoint me."

Dual Victory

Condor: "It's still not easy for even you to impress me."
Eagle: "One day, Condor. One day."

Condor: "Hmph. That didn't take long."
Eagle: "Just what exactly is a challenge to you?"

Eagle: "They say birds of a feather flock together."
Condor: "What a cliché."

Eagle: "Nice work, Condor!"
Condor: "I guess we're still partners, then."

Condor: "You're not much of a talker, are you?"
Hawke: "No."

Condor: "I could have won without you."
Hawke: "I don't need an ally to prove my power."

Hawke: "I shouldn't have to do all the work."
Condor: "You did not!"

Hawke: "You seem prideful and arrogant."
Condor: "And you're not?"

I know, I KNOW, you probably recognize that face. He's just Leon from Sonic X with freckles, I know. I probably didn't even try for the artwork of this one. But this is Advance Wars, not something I'll be doing with my life.

ThunderWalker

Post by ThunderWalker » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:20 pm

Fair enough ^ . Still the bios could use some improvement.

Condor seems pretty balanced.
My sig is a void.

The Thunder

Post by The Thunder » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:16 pm

Now to hopefully freak you users out for real. If you thought Bridgette was overpowered, get a load of the new leader of Black Hole!

Mepher
:bh: Black Hole

A high-ranking Black Hole officer who is sinister and devious.

"To win is to survive."

:hit: Authority
:miss: Resistance

:skill: Adept at making quick decisions, he stores up energy for his CO Power quicker than other COs. Has no weather penalties.

:power: Black Wind
Movement range for all units is increased by 1 space. Deals 1 HP of damage to all enemy units and randomly changes the weather for a full day.

:superds: Black Thunder
Movement range for all units is increased by 2 spaces. Deals 2 HP of damage to all enemy units and randomly changes the weather for 2 days.

:tag: Overblast
Ember (created by the awesome user Tron_Bonne) :tagaffinity: 105%

Eagle: 80%
Brad: 90%

CO Power
"Heh heh heh! Prepare to enter a world of pain!"
"I have an army."
"Heh heh heh... You are nothing but trash!"
"Begone, you meddlesome morons! You have no chance!"
"The way of evil is the only way to go in this world."
"I have no use for truth and good. Say your prayers!"

CO Swap
"I will take over command."
"Move aside!"

Victory
"The law will always prevail over justice."
"Order shall be maintained at all costs."
"The Black Hole Army stands for invasion, not reclamation."

Dual Victory

Mepher: "Let there be total victory!"
Ember: "And complete and utter defeat for our enemies!"

Mepher: "Heh heh heh! Fools."
Ember: "The darkness always prevails!"

Ember: "Our victory is all that matters!"
Mepher: "Even evil needs to stay motivated. Don't forget that."

Ember: "Burn! Burn it all to the ground!"
Mepher: "Careful. Even ruthlessness has its limitations."

He's one bad dude. :twisted:

ThunderWalker

Post by ThunderWalker » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:27 pm

He looks pretty cool.

There is one thing; most evil characters don't specificially state they are evil.
On the other hand, this is a kids game, so I guess you can be more lenient on that rule. Don't try to overdo it, or he won't be the evil boss but the comical nutjob.
My sig is a void.

The Thunder

Post by The Thunder » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:29 am

Mepher is more philosophical on the subject of evil. He believes that if forces of evil work together, they have a better fighting chance against unified forces of good. Both in real life and in fiction, evil factions do not tend to work well together at all or they seldom do. But it's true what you say about evil characters not mentioning that they are evil. After all, that works in real life as well. Oh, and maybe it's because Dr. Doofenshmirtz believes he is evil that his "evil schemes" aren't really all that evil or even brilliant. I mean, a Salt-Water-Taffyinator to give all the kids in the Tri-State Area cavities? Lame-o.

ThunderWalker

Post by ThunderWalker » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:42 am

^^ . But does he truly believe he is evil?

A real life example would be Hitler. Hitler himself believed he was doing the world a favor by murdering Jews and causing a war, but nowadays there is a common agreement that he was evil.
Same about Stalin - but Stalin and Hitler were a different kind of evil and would probably hang each other personally if they got the chance.
My sig is a void.

The Thunder

Post by The Thunder » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:59 am

Hm, if he thinks leading an invasion to conquer a land that isn't his to begin with is evil, then I guess. And what about Sturm, that talking loudspeaker? Sure, he never directly stated he was evil, but I'm sure if he knew he was doing evil things. And even then, he wouldn't care because he's a heartless battle commander with zero compassion. I should at least think if he's enjoying what he's doing, maybe we will enjoy hating him as a villain.

This does seem to be a subject worth contemplating on.

Satel

Post by Satel » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:50 am

The fact is, admitting you are evil does no good. It will only get you on everybody's bad side. Unless you can crush everyone else under overwhelming firepower like Sturm, this only makes you a comic-book card-carrying villain. It doesn't happen quite as much nowadays because this formula has been used over and over again, and it's just not as entertaining.

Tr to give him a reason why he does what he does. His quotes suggest he is a firm believer of laws and order (which is strange for BH but whatever). He may have the desire to conquer land so Black Hole has room for anybody that doesn't want to live under the Allied Nations, even if it's just a cover so that Black Hole can just settle near and militarize itself without having to import most of their firepower or whatever.

Give him a reasoning, even flawed, to explain what he does, so that he doesn't look stupid.

st3rn fudge st3rn

The Thunder

Post by The Thunder » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:17 am

So maybe in the story he won't say it directly then. Well, I'll "come up with a motivation" for him. In the meantime, enjoy more cheapness that consists of more of my CCOs! :P

Tact
ImageWhite Star

The chief tactician of White Star and a rock musician. Works very well with his partner Racket.

"Let's rock!"

:hit: Heavy metal
:miss: Lip-synching

:skill: Tact is a defensive specialist, so all his units have increased defense and counterattack power. Also, when two of his units join and their HP exceeds 10, the leftover funds he receives are doubled.

All units have 120% defense by default and their counterattack power is multiplied by 1.2.

:power: Lucky Shell
Increases defense of all units and foot soldiers can capture a little faster. Luck also increases a little.

Defense of units rises to 150%. Foot soldier capture rate is multiplied by 1.2. There is a chance that units can deal up to 20% more damage than usual.

:superds: Mirror Shield
Greatly increases defense of all units and foot soldiers can capture a little faster. Also, a counterattacking unit deals the same HP damage as the enemy inflicts.

Defense of units rises to 170%. Foot soldier capture rate is multiplied by 1.2. And counterattack power? ...The Super CO Power description speaks for itself.

:tag: Rock and Roll
Jake :tagaffinity: 110%

:tag: Sound Charge
Racket :tagaffinity: :tagaffinity: 115%

:tag: Zigzag
Adder :tagaffinity: 105%

CO Power
"I say rock! And I'm ready to roll!"
"Incoming transmission! More power to me!"
"I'm ready to go!"
"Brace yourselves!"
"Can you feel it? Tension is rising!"
"This battle brings out the music in me!"

CO Swap
"Cowabunga!"
"Rock on!"

Victory
"Ah yeah, baby! This is so happening!"
"What's that?! I can't hear ya over the band!!"
"And that's a wrap!"

Dual Victory

Tact: "Rock!"
Jake: "Rawk!"

Tact: "Our opponents just got rickrolled!"
Jake: "Uh, don't you mean... roll the rock? ...Rolling Stone?"

Tact: "We're Rac-Tac and we're bodacious, baby!
Racket: "Good night, Cobalt Town!"

Tact: "You ain't nothing but a hound dog!"
Racket: "Hey! Tact! No cover songs!"

Tact: "I like to move it, move it!"
Adder: "Very funny."

Tact: "You sure ya wanna be good?"
Adder: "Be careful. I'm not called a snake for nothing."

Adder: "Now that was delicious!"
Tact: "Uh... we haven't even eaten."

Adder: "It just coils you up, doesn't it?"
Tact: "That's it! I'll name this next song 'Snakebite'! How's that?"

This next CO relies on unit power bonus from ranking up units as seen in Days of Ruin, since in Advance Wars Frontier, I envision rank-up bonuses applying. So for this... I dunno, just imagine he's in Commander Wars or something.

Racket
ImageWhite Star

A blind strongman of White Star and a second-to-none drummer. Never turns down an offer for grueling work.

"When there’s work to be done, leave it to me!"

:hit: Hard work
:miss: Slacking off

:skill: Racket’s tremendous will to do hard work pays off, as the power bonus received for his ranked up units is doubled. However, movement is lowered for all his troops.

Since the veteran power bonus is +20/20, that means for Racket, it would be +40/40. As his D2D weakness, troop movement is lowered by 1 space.

Image :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:

:power: Level Up
All units advance one rank. Maxed out units are unaffected. Also, the power bonus for ranked up units is tripled.

:superds: Adrenaline Rush
Each time a unit destroys an enemy unit, his units gain even more firepower. Also, the power bonus for ranked up units is multiplied by five.

All units gain 3% offense each time a unit destroys an enemy unit. And any veteran ranked unit has a total of +100/100, bringing the total to 200/200 by default, for one turn only.

:tag: Steamroller
Colin :tagaffinity: 110%

:tag: Sound Charge
Tact :tagaffinity: :tagaffinity: 115%

:tag: Power Play
Flak :tagaffinity: 105%

CO Power
"You dare to underestimate ME?"
"Don't you dare make fun of blind people. You can die for that."
"If you try anything funny, you're going straight to hell!"
"I work hard for what I have, so here's the payoff."
"Blind jokes? Buddy, there's only so much you can make fun of."
"POWER!!!!"

CO Swap
"Big guy comin' through!"
"I'll bulldoze you!"

Victory
"Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta hit the gym!"
"That'll teach you to doubt what I can do!"
"You were the drum and I beat you!"

Dual Victory

Racket: "It pays to have you along, little man."
Colin: "Uh... was that supposed to be a joke?"

Racket: "See? You can count on me, right?"
Colin: "Sir! Yes, sir! I-I mean... Thanks, big guy!"

Colin: "W-we did it! Yeah!"
Racket: "Well fought, kid! You're no small fry."

Colin: "I'm sure glad we won that time!"
Racket: "It's all in a day's work!"

Racket: "Think our band should be called 'Tac-Rac'?"
Tact: "No way, home boy! Rac-Tac sounds like ragtag, so it's better!"

Racket: "Radical!"
Tact: "Tactical! ...Hey, wait..."

Racket: "See what I mean about hard work?"
Flak: "Oh man, it's exhausting! Don't ever call me again."

Racket: "How come no one can see your eyes?"
Flak: "Because you can't! Duh!"

Flak: "Who says ya can't win with brawn?"
Racket: "It still takes work, you know."

Flak: "Hey, do you even work out?"
Racket: "That's for me to know and for you to find out."

Sure, I might have made Racket insanely overpowered. But you know what? I don't care. This is just post-hype Advance Wars after all, right?

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:18 pm

Wait...is he using DoR mechanics in AWDS?

EDIT: I didn't see the sentence before the CO bio. Carry on.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

The Thunder

Post by The Thunder » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:57 pm

And carry on I shall. These should be the last two CCOs for Project Advance Wars Frontier, for a total of 10.

Wendy
Image White Star

Wolfe’s hotheaded wife and second-in-command of the White Star Army. Said to be unstoppable in combat.

"You should know who you're dealing with."

:hit: Fierce battles
:miss: Natural charm

:skill: Wendy's units have superior firepower and defense, but base resupplies cost more.

All units are a whopping 150/150 by default, but base resupply costs are doubled, so instead of paying 1/10th of the unit cost for 1 HP, it's 1/5th of the cost for just 1 HP of recovery. This does not include Black Boat repair or any other repair besides being on a property. Those have normal base repair costs.

Image :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:

:power: Hold Fast
All damaged units recover 1 HP. Negates any weather condition except fog.

If a weather condition is set by default, this would only last for one turn. For a Versus Mode map, if weather is set to be random, this lasts up until the weather decides to change.

:superds: White Tiger
All damaged units recover 2 HP. Gains weather immunity for 2 days.

:tag: White Dragon
Wolfe :tagaffinity: :tagaffinity: :tagaffinity: 130%

CO Power
"Touch me and feel my burning wrath!"
"Hell has no fury like a woman scorned!"
"Feel the fury of the roaring tiger!"
"For our rights! For our people! Go, White Star!"
"You're gonna make me explode!"
"Even if you're holding back scared, you can't beat me that way!"

CO Swap
"Feel the burn!"
"You talking to me?"

Victory
"You'd better believe that beauty is only skin deep."
"I'm too hot for you, aren't I?"
"Say 'this girl is on fire' one more time! I dare you!"

Dual Victory

Wendy: "We sure showed them, darling!"
Wolfe: "They didn't stand a chance, honey!"

Wendy: "I knew you were the man for me."
Wolfe: "You're a sight to behold for sore eyes."

This next CO uses a new weather condition I envisioned for Advance Wars Frontier. Extreme heat. While the heat is on (ha ha), all affected units lose 1 movement space. Also, Wolfe's bio mentions this "Black Star". To clarify, Black Star is the opposing army of White Star and for the story of Advance Wars Frontier, Black Hole gets affiliated with them.

Wolfe
Image White Star

Dogged and relentless leader of the White Star Army. It is said that Black Star has quaked before his mighty power.

"Can you take the heat of battle?"

:hit: Determination
:miss: Destruction

:skill: Wolfe's troops are super-strong and suffer no movement penalties in the heat. However, deployment costs for his units escalate as he acquires more.

All units are 150/150, but have an interesting deployment cost rate. For each of an existing kind of unit on the field, that unit's price is raised by 1/10th of the deployment cost. For example, if he has two Infantry on the field, the next Infantry would cost 1200G instead of 1000G. This D2D weakness is not an original idea of mine. It is compliments of Master Xenesis and based on the amazing things he has done with AW2 hacking. This deployment cost is one of the features I just remember encountering. However, unlike Wendy, Wolfe's D2D weakness can be completely covered up if you choose a Pre-Deployed map. Thus, Wolfe would be a super-duper secret CO in Advance Wars Frontier.

Image :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :smallstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:

:power: Heat Wave
Creates intense heat for 3 days, reducing movement range for all enemy troops.

:superds: Forbidden Power
All enemy units suffer 3 HP of damage from the heat and it lasts for 3 days. It also forces reduced movement for enemy troops.

:tag: Blaze of Glory
Brad :tagaffinity: :tagaffinity: 115%

:superds: White Dragon
Wendy :tagaffinity: :tagaffinity: :tagaffinity: 130%

CO Power
"If the heat makes you dizzy, I still won't hold back!"
"You're either delirious from the heat or from fighting me!"
"It's my job to be too tough for you."
"White Star will always keep the peace!"
"I fight for what is right! This much, I have sworn!"
"HOT!!!!"

CO Swap
"Smokin'!"
"The battle is heating up!"

Victory
"If you can't stand the heat, you can't beat me!"
"Too hot for you? Too bad!"
"You went down in flames!"

Dual Victory

Wolfe: "Take five and be ready for the next battle."
Brad: "We won't give up!"

Wolfe: "You're my son, Brad. And I'm proud of you!"
Brad: "Awww... That means a lot. It really does."

Wolfe: "This is why our marriage lasts."
Wendy: "Our first meeting was still awkward."

Wolfe: May the might of White Star prevail!"
Wendy: May our love protect us!"

Oh, and to clarify. Brad isn't really Wolfe's son (the age difference between them is absurdly small). It's just a... bonding thing. So most of my COs seem cheap, overpowered, and possibly unbalanced. But guess what? I love it when I'm nasty! Heh heh heh! :twisted:

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:04 am

Even though the art isn't particularly my favourite style, I do like that you're doing something for each CO.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

The Thunder

Post by The Thunder » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:42 am

It's the art style I do best. And perhaps Advance Wars might not necessarily be welcoming of it, despite the demographic and premise. But nevertheless, thanks.

Eliwan

Post by Eliwan » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:37 pm

So most of my COs seem cheap, overpowered, and possibly unbalanced. But guess what? I love it when I'm nasty! Heh heh heh! :twisted:
Well, actually
There is this thing called a balance of imbalance

"If everything is incredibly powerful, nothing is" sort of deal. It's all about relative strength.
The Thunder wrote:Brad

Daily: 110/110 Direct-Combat Vehicles
[Recon, Tank, Md. Tank, Neotank, War Tank]

3/6 meter
Rev Up (COP)
+10/+10 (110/110 AWDS standard), D.C. Vehicles +10 additional attack (130/120).

Rollout (SCOP)
150/120, Perfect Movement D.C. Vehicles; +2 Move all Vehicles; +2 Range Indirect Combat Vehicles, 110/110 other units.
You compared Brad to Jess.

Jess has a weakness. Brad does not.
Brad's advantage is, though, only worth ~2% more statistically than Jess' advantage if I recall how the numbers work correctly.

Brad's COP is completely and utterly meh. iirc, +10 attack is priced near 1 star?

His SCOP seems more than a little bit over the top.
Perfect Movement and a Movement Bonus is insane to work around. One or the other would be more than enough.

And the stats, too, make him... COP Max-ish levels of destruction, I think.
The Thunder wrote:Bridgette

Naval units are 110/110. Infantry units are 90/100.

3/7 Meter

Waterfall
1 HP mass damage
Standard +10/+10
Enemies -10 offense

Whirlpool
2 HP mass damage
Standard +10/+10
Enemies -30 offense
Her weakness and strength are both influential, but one is going to happen about 100% of the time while the other will only matter a small portion of the time and even when it does matter is likely to not be the only factor.

Her powers are a bit stacked, but..

Well; iirc; -10% enemy offense ~= +10% own defense.

The mass damage of her power is proximal to the power of Drake's COP. Though hers has (effectively) a defense bonus and his has fuel halving; I'd say these actually are nice.

Her SCOP is just her COP but better. Not sure how it should be priced, but it's some more than double and costs more than double (and since you're saving it up, that time spent saving it means you should be getting more per star, even if just a little).
The Thunder wrote:Flint

0% repair costs
Indirect-combat units have 120% defense.

3/6 Meter

Quickdraw
1 HP Mass Damage
+20 extra bonus Indirect Defense
[Standard +10/+10?]

Silver Shot
2 HP Mass Damage
+40 extra bonus Indirect Defense
[Standard +10/+10?]
it's... okay.

It's not the most ridiculous thing, the powers are kind of meh in my opinion as well as being boring.
And as you can see, I have given this CO the most evil D2D ability any fan can ever think of! Bwahahahaha! :twisted:
I tested this once!

Repair discounts can be made useless depending on the rest of the stats of the CO and their opponent.

0% is pushing the bar for a daily, probably.

His powers are like... the low side of line.

iirc MD's value was considered to be 2.5 stars per point. Flint's got a potentially really good daily and his powers have an extra (weak) facet.
The Thunder wrote:Sadie

:skill: Sadie is skilled in reconnaissance, so her units get a little more terrain defensive cover. Also increases defense versus direct attacks.

Daily
+1 Terrain Star
+20% defense against direct-combat units

3/6 Meter

Hard Knock
+1 Vision Range
+1 Indirect-Combat Range
+20% extra bonus defense against direct-combat units
[Standard +10/+10?]

Blind Shot
Fog of War, Enemy Vision = 1
+1 Vision Range
+2 Movement Range
+50% extra bonus defense against direct-combat units
[Standard +10/+10?]
Hum.

I have no idea how to evaluate vision-based powers.

Having done Direct-Combat defense, it doesn't have the most profound effect per encounter. A lot of 2hkos are still 2hkos. It matters most in the 40~60% ranges, where what is always 2hko suddenly can rarely not be a 2hko with favors on your side regardless of if it is or not; or what has a slim chance of being a 2hko now has no chance.
The Thunder wrote:Condor
Daily
110/110 Air units
+20% offense during Sandstorms
-20% offense during Snow/Rain

3/7 Meter

Twister
1 HP mass damage
1 day Sandstorm
Standard +10/+10

Tempest
2 HP mass damage
2 day Sandstorm
Standard +10/+10
It's...
uninspired.

This is a weather-based generalist that gets bonuses on air units.

Like Bridgette, there's not a ton to say because of the SCOP being a bigger COP.

And like Bridgette and Flint; it's more mass damage.
The Thunder wrote:Mepher

Daily
No Weather Penalties

3 / 6 Meter

Black Wind
1 HP Mass Damage
+1 Movement
1 Day Random Weather*
[Standard +10/+10?]

Black Thunder
2 HP Mass Damage
+2 Movement
2 Days of Random Weather*
[Standard +10/+10?]
* Not sure if you mean that the weather changes each player turn start or at the start of Mepher's turn or if it just changes once and stays at that weather for the duration.

It's an anti-weather CO that makes weather. With Movement. And Mass Damage.

It feeeels boring to me, because of how mix-and-match it feels; and because of how much Mass Damage there already is around.

And, out of that, it feels severely undercosted.

For said undercosting: 1 HP MD ~= 2.5 stars. 1 Movement >= 2 stars.
4/8 would be Hawke with +1/2 Movement and 1/2 days of Weather instead of 1/2 HP healing.

Admittedly, Hawke's daily is probably? better than Mepher's, but Mepher's powers are a bit better than Hawke's in my opinion and are cheaper as well...

Plus, there's so much you could be doing with actually giving out different powers, this just feels boring because they're effectively AW1 COs.
The Thunder wrote: Tact
+20% defense
+20% counterattacks
Joining units past 10 HP rewards 100% more funds

3/6 Meter

Lucky Shell
+30% defense (50 total)
+20% capture rate
+10 positive luck (20 total)
[Standard +10/+10?]

Mirror Shield
+50% defense (70 total)
+20% capture rate
Counters gain bonus equal to damage taken from opponent
[Standard +10/+10?]
I love the SCOP because it's something I haven't seen before.

The power is... a power.

Daily-wise I'm pretty sure that this is just statistically too good to be 'fairly balanced' if compared to, say, Hawke, who has 110/100 units--and his SCOP is less of a showstopper than this one is, for more stars.

*shrug* I'm actually not sure what to say for it, I think it needs a different COP but I don't think anything else would actually work well with what I think you wanted.
This next CO relies on unit power bonus from ranking up units as seen in Days of Ruin, since in Advance Wars Frontier, I envision rank-up bonuses applying. So for this... I dunno, just imagine he's in Commander Wars or something.
Well, how much are the kill bonuses worth by default?
is it +5/10/20 attack and +0/0/20 defense like in DC/DoR verbatim, or something else?
I'm just going to assume it's like that.
Racket

Daily
Unit Veterancy bonuses are doubled.
All units -1 Movement.

4/8 Meter

Level Up
All units get one Veterancy level (units with max veterancy are unaffected).
Veterancy bonuses triple (in total, presumably).

Adrenaline Rush
All units gain 3% offense each time a unit destroys an enemy unit.*
Veterancy bonuses are quintupled (in total).
I think this CO is terribly weak.

Have you ever played Fire Emblem?
if you have, have you ever tried using the Knights?

They're good, but they move slower than every other unit, so actually using them is hard unless you slow down a lot for them.

Racket screws themselves over on a large number of maps, ESPECIALLY in capture games.

Frankly, I read the daily -1 movement and started thinking, simply:

"If the COP isn't a really low-cost +move effect, this CO is kind of hopeless".

-1 Movement is, however, interesting. I just think that it's interesting in a very bad way-- it would be more interesting if such an effect was somebody's power (to reduce enemy movement by a flat number instead of by terrain).

Stat-wise, though?

Veterancy bonuses are weak until you get all 3. It's not actually the easiest thing to do that, and if somebody is playing Racket then their opponent(s) are certainly going to do everything in their power to deny it from happening.

And the -1 move makes it just so much easier to do that.

But if Racket here can actually get a fight once they have a few vetted up units, they're going to barrel through the enemies.

And... that's never going to happen because -1 movement and no movement on powers means that indirects completely wreck Racket's day, because Racket doesn't actually have bonuses for units that don't have veterancy.
The Thunder wrote:Wendy
150/150 Units
200% repair costs on properties

4/9 Meter

Hold Fast
1 HP mass heal
1 turn Clear Weather (doesn't clear fog)

White Tiger
2 HP mass heal
2 turn weather immunity
Umm... Okay
150/150 units will NEVER NEED to be repaired. That weakness is ignorable for every direct combat unit.

Her powers are kind of awful, though, so it does certainly balance out. Somewhat.

...And again, her SCOP is just a better COP. Admittedly, this time, it doesn't clear out the weather effects; which is better for her opponents? Somewhat?
Wolfe
150/150 units
Unit prices rise by 10% for each of that unit you already have (Rebuild 10%)
No penalties in Intense Heat*

*Intense Heat: New weather condition that reduces Movement of all units by 1 space.

6/9 Meter

Heat Wave
3 days of Intense Heat

Forbidden Power
3 HP mass damage
3 days of Intense Heat
... 150/150 units is horribly, horribly, horribly powerful.

The rebuild is actually painful to work with, though. Unless you only build a handful of units of each type, which can be very difficult.

His powers seem boring to me, but are appropriately ridiculously strong.

Except his daily is ALSO really really strong, so it feels like you're doubling down on ridiculous.

...Which I think would work if this was a 10 star meter.

---

I think you have too many 3/6 meters in general. Vary it up some!

I don't think there are ANY of the following in the vanilla games:
N/(N+1); 1/X; 2/4, 2/7+; 3/9; 4/6; 5/7, 5/8; 6+/X; X/10; X/X (COP/SCOP ready at same time, unlike Sturm/VB's 0/X)

(2/5 Adder, 2/6 Colin
3/5 Koal, 3/6 Many, 3/7 Olaf
4/7 Lash, 4/8 Hawke, 4/9 Sami
5/9 Eagle
0/10 Sturm)

1/5 is done by Epoch.

I'm pretty sure a 6 star COP wouldn't be particularly kosher, ever, due to how long it'd take to build.

By having your meters more varied, you can communicate more how you want them to play.

By not spamming Mass Damage powers, you can differentiate your COs more, too.

You have

4/9, 4/8, 6/9, 2x 3/7s and 5x 3/6s.

So much possibility here.

But this post's too long already and I'm sleepy.
This site, it exists, I keep forgetting it does.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:24 am

This advice is like, so true.
But with like 39 COs or more, there's bound to be some characters whose domains meet each other somewhere down the line.

Though, I don't exactly understand where's that obsession with SCOPs that should be different from COPs. Like, Eagle in AWDS has a SCOP that's basically his COP without the firepower penalty.

That aside, I'm backing the above post.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

The Thunder

Post by The Thunder » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:00 am

Gee, I never thought anyone would be posting here ever again. But I'll just say that the idea behind CO Mepher... just think like CO Penny if you're stumped with how the weather works.

ThunderWalker

Post by ThunderWalker » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:09 am

Eliwan wrote:
(2/5 Adder, 2/6 quite a few
3/5 Koal/Sonja, 3/6 many, 3/7 Olaf/Jugger, 3/8 Sami, 3/9 Eagle
4/7 Drake
5/9 Hawke
0/10 Sturm)
Fixed.

2/6 is fairly common as well. Sensei, Colin, Lash, Sasha, and I'm sure I forgot some.

There are also no COs which have a COP that's 4* but a SCOP costing anything else than 7*.
My sig is a void.

Eliwan

Post by Eliwan » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:00 pm

Airnike wrote:This advice is like, so true.
But with like 39 COs or more, there's bound to be some characters whose domains meet each other somewhere down the line.
Absolutely.
It's not easy, but nothing in game design ever is!
Though, I don't exactly understand where's that obsession with SCOPs that should be different from COPs. Like, Eagle in AWDS has a SCOP that's basically his COP without the firepower penalty.
It's not that *all* SCOPs should be 'different', rather that in vanilla only ~1/3 of the COs, if memory serves (which it may not) have COPs that're the same as their SCOPs. I was just expecting more difference out of 10; it's not a true complaint nor is it anything like obsession -- primarily an observation that inhibited length of my text wall.
(I think that a SCOP which is the COP with something else can work extraordinarily well; I just dislike when SCOP = COP with bigger numbers)

In vanilla, COs with ~= SCOP and COPs
BM: Olaf, Grit
YC: Kanbei, Sensei (kinda), Grimm
GE: Eagle, Drake, Jess, Javier
BH: Flak, Adder, Hawke, Jugger, Koal

Leaving...
Sami, Rachel
Colin, Sasha
Sonja
-
Lash, Kindle
(do Sturm/Von Bolt get to count?)

So I guess the proportion of COP=SCOP isn't as bad compared to vanilla as I was thinking it was.
The Thunder wrote:Gee, I never thought anyone would be posting here ever again.
I was late to the party. :V
But I'll just say that the idea behind CO Mepher... just think like CO Penny if you're stumped with how the weather works.
...I don't know how Penny works.
I assume that the weather only changes upon activation of power.
ThunderWalker wrote:Fixed.
...Thanks, I'm still stuck on AW2...
There are also no COs which have a COP that's 4* but a SCOP costing anything else than 7*.
But the question is if that is a rule, or just a thing that happened?
This site, it exists, I keep forgetting it does.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:31 am

Hey it's that dude who played in that one mafia game! Sup dude
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh