Russia stuff.

WWN's Social Lounge. The place to come and chill out for a relaxed conversation about life and stuff, or some more serious debates.
Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: Russia stuff.

Post by Linkman » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:22 pm

Thanks for the hearty laugh Nartsie.
“He’d always have well-sharpened pencils, a clean sheet of paper and a newspaper,” Pugachev says, remembering Putin from those days. "He’d sit there, or watch TV. He really likes watching TV.
“I only found out about it two hours before the meeting,” Pugachev recalls. “I rang up and asked, ‘Where’s the meeting? In the Kremlin, or where?’ And he said: ‘No, I’ve decided to do this informally.’ The meeting was at Stalin’s dacha. That was very symbolic.”

Oil tycoon Roman Abramovich — who has managed to preserve good relations with Putin to this day, unlike several of his fellow guests — presided over a barbecue. Conversation failed to flow.

“Afterwards I said: ‘Why didn’t you ask him anything?'” Pugachev says. “They replied: ‘What could we have asked? He’s a KGB agent. He took us to Stalin’s dacha. It’s enough that he let us leave. What else were we going to ask for?’”
That last one was gold. I can imagine shirtless Putin drinking and eating, expressionless while watching Pugachev act terrified the whole afternoon.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Terragent

Re: Russia stuff.

Post by Terragent » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:06 pm

It all makes sense now. Putin is Russia's Saxton Hale.