So I need dating advice. Badly.

WWN's Social Lounge. The place to come and chill out for a relaxed conversation about life and stuff, or some more serious debates.
User avatar
Dragonite
Rank: My face is beaming.
Location: the netherlands(mostly)

Re: So I need dating advice. Badly.

Post by Dragonite » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:51 am

I heard it can pay of, but it's a risky strategy, especially since you rely on people who ended up seeking the site for some reason...

User avatar
monkymeet
Rank: Bitch
3DS Code: 3480-3067-3928

Re: So I need dating advice. Badly.

Post by monkymeet » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:07 pm

my friend likes bagel meets coffee

but he's a weirdo, i guess?
imageshack swallowed up my sig. This is a placeholder.

User avatar
Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Hydrocarbon Inspector
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163
Location: 0x020232DD

Re: So I need dating advice. Badly.

Post by Xenesis » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:29 pm

monkymeet wrote:my friend likes bagel meets coffee

but he's a weirdo, i guess?
Yeah, I mean who eats bagels.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

daisy
Rank: literally hitler

Re: So I need dating advice. Badly.

Post by daisy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:41 pm

Imagine if Guesty gets a girlfriend and then she finds this topic.

ThunderWalker
Rank: Elf
Location: Netherlands

Re: So I need dating advice. Badly.

Post by ThunderWalker » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:49 pm

daisy wrote:Imagine if Guesty gets a girlfriend and then she finds this topic.
That would be pretty embarassing.
My sig is a void.

User avatar
Dragonite
Rank: My face is beaming.
Location: the netherlands(mostly)

Re: So I need dating advice. Badly.

Post by Dragonite » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:27 pm

This topic is easily purged if he would really want it too though.

But I don't really see the point of the topic anymore. This time around no helpful response was given at all. If there was any magic advice to be given it would've been crowding the bookstores as the next big seller. It's usual a very personal question that for your age, can best be discussed with somebody who has more personal insight in you. It's also important that you and the person you might talk too are able to be nuanced about it. WWN's not going to give that to you the way things are now.

daisy
Rank: literally hitler

Re: So I need dating advice. Badly.

Post by daisy » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:54 pm

The reason there hasn't been a serious response is because it's the exact same topic as before. And we've had it countless times before that too.

User avatar
Narts

Re: So I need dating advice. Badly.

Post by Narts » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:22 am

no helpful response
jack off and the feeling goes away
Helped me for years.

User avatar
Pkdragon
Rank: very chuuni

Re: So I need dating advice. Badly.

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:02 am

daisy wrote:The reason there hasn't been a serious response is because it's the exact same topic as before. And we've had it countless times before that too.
Guesty's tendency to pop in, hit us with a question, ignore all the answer, then pop in months later and ask the same question with little indication that he's even read what we said doesn't help.

Guesty, I love ya, but you gotta give us more than a minute of your time.

(to be fair my response "play pathfinder" was nerdcode for "go out and meet people", which nine out of ten doctors say is the best way to increase your social life)
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

User avatar
scraggypunk
Rank: legendary cartographer
Location: deoxy knight

Re: So I need dating advice. Badly.

Post by scraggypunk » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:07 am

i have been giving genuine advice
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

ThunderWalker
Rank: Elf
Location: Netherlands

Re: So I need dating advice. Badly.

Post by ThunderWalker » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:54 am

Dragonite wrote:This topic is easily purged if he would really want it too though.

But I don't really see the point of the topic anymore. This time around no helpful response was given at all. If there was any magic advice to be given it would've been crowding the bookstores as the next big seller. It's usual a very personal question that for your age, can best be discussed with somebody who has more personal insight in you. It's also important that you and the person you might talk too are able to be nuanced about it. WWN's not going to give that to you the way things are now.
This. There is no magic advice if it comes to dating, whether boys or girls.

Not in the least because everybody is different. So something that would attract one girl would turn off another - and the other way around.
Or what also may happen, is that it depends on someone's mood. You say something to a girl that enrages her because she is already in a bad mood, but if she's in a good mood she may appreciate the very same comment and go on a date with you.

Sometimes it isn't just you either, even if the girl refuses you. There were plenty of girls I liked as a friend, but nothing more. There were girls that tried to seduce me (and failed miserably) but appearantly the 'technique' they used to seduce me worked on previous boyfriends just fine. They just didn't expect to ever meet the brick wall that I can be - especially if it comes to stuff like this. Being asexual, I do not really care as much, either.
It's both a blessing and a curse.
My sig is a void.

daisy
Rank: literally hitler

Re: So I need dating advice. Badly.

Post by daisy » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:12 pm

Real talk: The majority of the board is over 20 now and these topics just come off as a bit teenagey so we take the piss.

User avatar
Guesty

Re: So I need dating advice. Badly.

Post by Guesty » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:46 am

Sorry if I created a bad thread! I have autism so I don't know common sense things that you'd normally learn over 20 (I'm 22 now). I went on a date a while ago, it went OK but we drifted away; we still talk sometimes, though. I met her on OKC. Where would be a good place for people to critique my dating profile, and what kind of messages should I send? I haven't been trying to date recently but I want to get back into it now, or at least have casual relations.
Image
Sig by Sasquatch.
Hit: Cute Things
Miss: Phones

User avatar
scraggypunk
Rank: legendary cartographer
Location: deoxy knight

Re: So I need dating advice. Badly.

Post by scraggypunk » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:50 pm

ehh i don't think dating sites is a good move for you
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

User avatar
monkymeet
Rank: Bitch
3DS Code: 3480-3067-3928

Re: So I need dating advice. Badly.

Post by monkymeet » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:25 pm

i don't think it would hurt but i also don't think it should be a main avenue

gf's brother is a terribly awkward nerd but he did manage to snag a gf via an online dating site and they're really happy so far

i think a lot of problems can be alleviated by changing your approach from "i'm bad at this because i'm awkward and aware of it" to "i'm a little strange but idgaf"
imageshack swallowed up my sig. This is a placeholder.

User avatar
Narts

Re: So I need dating advice. Badly.

Post by Narts » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:11 am

just grab 'em by the pussy

daisy
Rank: literally hitler

Re: So I need dating advice. Badly.

Post by daisy » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:13 am

Guesty wrote:casual relations.
:wink:

User avatar
Guesty

Re: So I need dating advice. Badly.

Post by Guesty » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:33 am

scraggypunk wrote:ehh i don't think dating sites is a good move for you
Interesting. Why not, and what should I be doing instead?
Image
Sig by Sasquatch.
Hit: Cute Things
Miss: Phones

User avatar
scraggypunk
Rank: legendary cartographer
Location: deoxy knight

Re: So I need dating advice. Badly.

Post by scraggypunk » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:29 pm

dating sites are about confidence
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Multivac [Bot] and 0 guests