Official Bog Topic v3: Now with added OBJECTION and BRUM

WWN's Social Lounge. The place to come and chill out for a relaxed conversation about life and stuff, or some more serious debates.
Kanzer

Re: The Official Bog Topic

Post by Kanzer » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:22 pm

Try to not spend more time thinking about it that would be productive to, alright?
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:42 pm

Great news on the test! I'm so happy for you! Keep going and you're gonna be fine!
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

daisy

Post by daisy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:06 am

30 minutes until the anniversary of when this all started.

Made a little LP of the shareware episode of Doom 1, using the Brutal Doom mod, done in almost complete silence save for keyboard, coughing and a tiny bit of commentary near the end. It's probably really boring, but imo a fitting memorial. We used to play that bloody game all the time.

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:05 pm

And look at how far you've come in only a year: from rock bottom to a clear future. Your dad, he'd be proud of everything you've accomplished (including your fantastic little beard). Wishing you love and support to help you through the day.

McTool

Post by McTool » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:31 am

On the scale of One to Champ, bog, you have definitely attained the level of True Boss. This is a day late, but I am wishing you the best, as always.
Make good choices

Atticus

Post by Atticus » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:46 pm

I'm excessively late, but congrats, Bog. You've done so well making it through, and it's quite inspiring.
"Attie, man. When did you become this totally kickass dude?"- Linky
"Personally, I'm perfectly fine with anything that makes this world not suck to live in"- SJCrew

daisy

Post by daisy » Wed May 01, 2013 8:44 am

Thanks guys.

Christians Against Poverty (CAP) are now involved with my overdraft and almost £800 debt to work. Had a visit from them today and, once they did their preachy thing, were wonderful. Handing control of my current bank account to them and setting up a new account with a different bank. I signed a thing to give CAP permission to negotiate with creditors (employer and bank) on my behalf and I will pay a certain amount of money into my old account every month. They'll also be giving me a few food shops worth £40 each + budgeting classes.

CAP seem to be very well recommended even in the secular world, so yeah. Gets rid of a lot of stress.

daisy

Post by daisy » Thu May 02, 2013 3:57 am

fudge crumpets fudge fudge fudge fduck fudge!!!!!

been given notice to leave my flat in 3 months time.

one problem after anothwer.

freaking.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Thu May 02, 2013 4:55 am

Urgh, sorry to hear that. For what reason?

McTool

Post by McTool » Thu May 02, 2013 5:01 am

Dragonite brings up a good point and I'll ask another; are you on the lease in any shape, way, or form? If so, I dunno how things work in the UK, but you have a ton of rights you can use in the States. I assume Law Professional Treed can probably dig up more than I can (certainly while I'm at work and just finishing my lunch right now, anyways).
Make good choices

daisy

Post by daisy » Thu May 02, 2013 6:23 am

my flatmate is their son.

they dont like their son living with a guy with psychosis.

on good terms, like not angry or anything, and they were very apologetic and its fair enough, but its still bleh.

i may have found another palce to live with another friend. £50 cheaper. hacing a look friday.

McTool

Post by McTool » Thu May 02, 2013 7:04 am

Okay. Keep us posted.
Make good choices

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Thu May 02, 2013 7:29 am

Glad that you can move, even if it's a pain to do so again.

I'm actually more concerned about the reasoning. Sure, they are honest about it, but on a emotional level it must sting. Please talk about it if you need to get it out of your system Bog.

daisy

Post by daisy » Thu May 02, 2013 8:27 am

fudge sucks

daisy

Post by daisy » Thu May 02, 2013 8:39 am

forgot to mention that they're invoking the housing act 1988 section 21

edit: okay just done a bit of research myself and i got this:
https://www.gov.uk/private-renting-tena ... ur-tenancy

it is legal i think, as the agreement ends in june. ive not broken any rules and ive paid my rent on time.

edit2: actually i dont know.
Last edited by daisy on Thu May 02, 2013 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Thu May 02, 2013 8:49 am

I'm very sorry to hear that you're being kicked out of your flat, and it sounds like we could wriggle out of it based on the grounds they've given. Saying they don't want their son living with a guy with psychosis, regardless of their tone and apologies, sounds discriminatory. That is unless, of course, they can prove that you represent a real danger.

But, I do have less time these days than a month ago. I can go digging around in UK housing and rental law, but I'll wait until you've exhausted your other options. This other friend with the £50 cheaper rent sounds better for you anyways. Update us when you've had more time to see your options clearly. Then we'll talk about fixing this.

daisy

Post by daisy » Thu May 02, 2013 8:58 am

ringing social worker in morning

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Thu May 09, 2013 7:31 am

Don't forget you were gonna check your friend's place too. Check it out before anything else, it might be fine enough that you could not even want the trouble of keeping the old one.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

daisy

Post by daisy » Fri May 17, 2013 7:18 am

Right sorry to keep you guys hanging. Sometimes the last thing you want to do is write about stuff, you know?

I've found a place to go. 8 other guys, 3 story house with basement. Rent is less and I'll have a bloody huge garden, so a BBQ is planned for my birthday in August. (And hey, if you feel like blowing a few hundred whatevers you'd totally be welcome. :P)

I am so fudge stressed. I plan to move on the 25th, which is next Saturday, or less than 9 days away. I can't motivate myself and my brain is constantly seeking immediate gratification, which isn't helped by the quetiapine. (Wow I hate that drug.)

daisy

Post by daisy » Sat May 25, 2013 3:44 am

Moving sucks. I need to fudge chill out. You know you're stressed when you start sleepwalking.

McTool

Post by McTool » Sat May 25, 2013 8:36 am

Oof yeah. I've never sleepwalked (sleptwalked?) in any dangerous capacity but eventually in college I apparently figured out how to walk across a room and turn an alarm off in my sleep, which led to some good times
Make good choices

daisy

Post by daisy » Sat May 25, 2013 8:41 am

I started playing The Black Keys at 3 in the morning.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Sat May 25, 2013 1:21 pm

While I do like the black keys, proper sleep is probably a better idea :(
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

daisy

Post by daisy » Sun May 26, 2013 7:02 pm

Ok so yesterday was move day. That makes today "sort my crap out" day. Yesterday was interesting.

I know a guy with connections, so I asked if he could hold of a van for me. He said he'd rock up with "a van and a few other people." I thought he'd meant him and maybe two others. Nope. Surprise! He turned up with about 10 people, half of whom were my friends and the other half I had never met before in my life. I was immediately told to chill and let them do everything, which was nice of them but I misbehaved slightly.

I had people I didn't even know going through my crumpets. Never been so touched my whole life.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon May 27, 2013 2:37 am

faith in humanity: restored
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

DieselPheonix

Post by DieselPheonix » Mon May 27, 2013 6:50 am

You misbehaved slightly, what? Did you clean your olfactory receptors?

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Mon May 27, 2013 7:40 am

Probably him stressing out a bit from moving again. It's his third time or so in 2 years, so I can imagine that sort of thing happening.

daisy

Post by daisy » Mon May 27, 2013 9:05 am

DieselPheonix wrote:You misbehaved slightly, what? Did you clean your olfactory receptors?
As in I didn't like to sit and chill while everyone is moving out for me. <_<

McTool

Post by McTool » Tue May 28, 2013 5:47 am

I would have done the same thing (misbehave). It always drove me nuts in college when people helped me move in. It super drove me nuts when I was moving out last Monday and my friend insisted on taking my huge filing cabinets down the stairs and into the truck himself. Mostly because he actually did it and I felt like a weak little babyman. Ahnuld would be disappointed.
Make good choices

daisy

Post by daisy » Fri May 31, 2013 1:02 am

So I'm going back to speech therapy. People tell me it's not a big deal, but it is to me. I want to get that crumpets sorted.
Last edited by daisy on Fri May 31, 2013 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

McTool

Post by McTool » Fri May 31, 2013 1:35 am

I'm going to guess you accidentally a "not" in that second sentence but w/e

Go for it, man! If it is important to you, it is worth doing, regardless of what other people say.
Make good choices

daisy

Post by daisy » Fri May 31, 2013 7:41 am

Fixed.

I dunno, it is a lot better than it used to be. I can actually make a phone call without going crumpets now. It's just the annoying little crumpets things like the number 7 and my name.

Enkuro_is_lazy

Post by Enkuro_is_lazy » Fri May 31, 2013 3:40 pm

fudge seven.

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:47 am

So, how were the first couple of days in the new place?

daisy

Post by daisy » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:01 am

Good. All the guys are really cool. I'll make a lil video tour if people want it. I love the garden, and I love actually HAVING a garden. (I will take a pic of that, needs a cut but hey.)

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:17 am

A video tour would be great. It's good to see that you're enjoying it!
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
RadioShadow wrote:Including having SEX? :o
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:23 am

Awesome news dude, keep it up!

daisy

Post by daisy » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:49 pm

[youtube]5eHQkxtl2XE[/youtube]

Sorry for the camera constantly facing down and the croakiness due to a sore throat, but you get the idea. Horrible filming right there.

Very impressed with the quality considering it's an iPhone 4. Never used it to film anything in the 2 years I've had it.

McTool

Post by McTool » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:20 am

LOVE SHACK BABY LOVE SHACK

I GOT ME A CAR AND IT'S BIG AS A WHALE

Sweet dude! I hope that place works out for you.
Make good choices

bog2

Post by bog2 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:51 am

So far it is. Quite a bit cheaper and a lot less concretey. I loved my old place, but by heck it got lonely and it's nice to have a garden.