Official Bog Topic v3: Now with added OBJECTION and BRUM

WWN's Social Lounge. The place to come and chill out for a relaxed conversation about life and stuff, or some more serious debates.
daisy

Re: Official Bog Topic v3: Now with added OBJECTION and BRUM

Post by daisy » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:05 pm

TIME FOR AN UPDATE.

1. 99.9% chance I'm going to Oxford Brookes University, studying Politics and Sociology. Starting September. Sits mainly in the 30s/40s in terms in ranking so not bad. It's in the shadow of the main Oxford uni, which is kinda annoying, but that also means I get to use a lot of their facilities.
2. Halls of residence mostly sorted. Westminster Hall. Very swish. Technically outside Oxford but a 20 minute bus ride (which comes every 10 minutes) to campus.
3. Found somewhere to live June through to September. Friends of friends, quiet village about 10 miles from Reading. Should be good for chill out time.

When I move to Oxford I'll take a few pics.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:40 pm

Sounds absolutely brilliant! I am honestly so happy for you!
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:53 pm

Congrats, my dear! That's a fantastic school, and you're going to do super well.

Kiltman2

Post by Kiltman2 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:38 am

Living off campus can be really nice actually. I don't know your area, but I lived ~35 mins from the central campus in my 1st year and loved having somewhere quiet and detached to come home to. It also had quite a good social scene - I guess because there weren't an awful lot of pubs & clubs nearby, a good group of us hung out in the common room a lot and became good friends.

Are the halls self-catered?

daisy

Post by daisy » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:21 am

Self catered, yeah. I'm pretty fussy when it comes to food (hate mixed-up stuff like spag bol, makes me sick, always has) so it's probably best that I sort myself out.

daisy

Post by daisy » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:59 am

Sorry for my recent absence. I've been busy conquering the world.

1. I got into uni. Exams were hell but woo! A few weeks of nothing but sheer panic.
2. I moved out of my old place. First time I've lived outside of Reading and by god it's doing wonders for my mental health. A quiet village break for a couple of months is (quite literally) just what the doctor ordered. I didn't realise how much I hated that town. I'm still going back a couple of times a week for social reasons but that's enough.

Srsly I am happier now than I have been at any point in the last 2.5 years. Today I made some scones, got some jam and cream and WOO CREAM TEA YO. On Wednesday I am making more. A friend and I have started up a Sunday Assembly, which got officially recognised by the SA head office last week. At the first meeting we had like 20 people and I made a couple of really good friends who I hit off with instantly. The Reading SA might be hard to stay involved with once I'm in Oxford, but things are going well!

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:28 pm

I'm so, so proud of you, dear. I'm looking at older posts here, and it's like night and day.

McTool

Post by McTool » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:48 am

Congratu-fudge-lations, this all sounds awesome! Sunday Assemblies are brilliant ideas; the best part of church and the only part I miss is the sense of community that comes with it. I'll have to look into one in my area.
Make good choices

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:33 am

hope you are still doing well

keep in touch

sorry that this is like my first post in this topic, i'm really not good at these things and was afraid that any advice i would give would be more harmful than helpful
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:00 am

happy birthday bogglesworth

daisy

Post by daisy » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:42 am

At uni. Life is good. Much better than it has been, anyway. Lectures start tomorrow. Politics with minor in sociology and international relations.

Thanks all! :)