I am pathetic and need a life.

WWN's Social Lounge. The place to come and chill out for a relaxed conversation about life and stuff, or some more serious debates.
Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

I am pathetic and need a life.

Post by Bog » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:00 pm

I wake up at 9-ish... I go do stuff for a few hours and come back to make my bed. While I am making my bed, I think something along the lines of....

"Oooo this is really soft... no, bad David... NO... oh, what the Hell... z z z z z z"

Wake up two hours later. >_>

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Re: I am pathetic and need a life.

Post by Xenesis » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:43 pm

Get a job?
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:00 am

I have one starting August 22nd.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:48 am

Join some sports club or something.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:00 am

Code your own game.
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
RadioShadow wrote:Including having SEX? :o
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:04 am

Done and doing. It's a remake of an old ZX Spectrum game.

Narts

Post by Narts » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:15 am

Manic Miner?

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:37 am

Nope. StockMarket. It was a primarily multiplayer game where you had to raise a million bucks through the buying and selling of shares. Very simple in principle, but very fun. The mathematics involved in the programming is mind blowing for such a simple game. The company which made it has long since gone bankrupt, and guess who owns the rights? My father.

Narts

Post by Narts » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:13 am

Cool... never heard of the game, but still cool. I used to have my own game projects too... sadly none of them finished, I had huge problems with motivation versus ambition when I was working alone. It is good to hear that you have something to occupy your mind with... I too found it was easier to forget I was a rejected failure of a human being when I was working on a project of some kind.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:02 am

Well it helps to have the original Spectrum source code, even if it is messy as fudge. Also, you have to read it within the emulator, which is a pain. Even worse is that Spectrum BASIC has loads of commands which most languages these days don't have.

Narts

Post by Narts » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:07 am

Oh yeah Spectrum BASIC was great I made some of my first games with that

I remember being proud of a worm game where you ate apples

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:12 am

Yup, it is a good language. Most mainstream syntaxes seem to be going backwards in plain functionality these days. .NET is a load of crumpets. Oh, I do miss the 16/32-bit era.

Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Joey Chicago » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:33 am

Play Phoenix Wright.
"Live every week like it's Shark Week." - Tracy Jordan

"And there's a tax on people who smoke tobacco with a bong in public solely to be provocative." - Chris Onstad

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:35 am

Isn't that just another one of those giant gimmicky DS minigames sold for an extortionate price considering that you can get better things on flash game sites?

I play too many videogames, anyway.

Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Joey Chicago » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:08 am

Uh, no. Not even close.

"And there's a tax on people who smoke tobacco with a bong in public solely to be provocative." - Chris Onstad

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:52 am

Phoenix Wright is easily in the top 20 DS games list.
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:00 am

So is Brain Training and most of the other giant minigame DS crap. I haven't bought a DS game since either Pearl or DoR (I can't remember), and before that I hadn't bought one since AWDS. And no, I have zero interest in FF.

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:09 am

No interest in FF?

Then get The World Ends With You.

It'd be enough to rekindle your faith in Squeenix until you realize they're not making anything not mainstream anymore.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:

Hooded_Miracle

Post by Hooded_Miracle » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:22 am

Civilization Revolution, The World Ends With You and Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword would all like to kick your ass.

Well, maybe not TWEWY. At least, not on the lower difficulties. >_>
Hooded_Miracle wrote:It needs some 'The Devil went down to Georgia,' because I'm pretty sure the devil doesn't like Georgia. >_>
Shift Breaker wrote:No, you're thinking of the Russians.

Shift Breaker

Post by Shift Breaker » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:28 am

Play I Wanna Be The Guy
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Joey Chicago » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:17 am

Bog, by calling it minigame crap, you have demonstrated that you have no idea how Phoenix Wright works. Besides, most of the greatness of the game comes from its humor.

Don't make me murder you. I fell in love with the game about a week ago.

bg

Post by bg » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:21 am

phoenix wright is easily one of the top 4 videogames ever by far

so are phoenix wright phoenix wright and apollo justice

this confirmation code guest posting thing will be the death of me >_>

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:51 am

Phoenix Wright games are enjoyable interactive novels with puzzles.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Joey Chicago » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:08 pm

essentially yes

SJCrew

Post by SJCrew » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:33 pm

Narts wrote:Cool... never heard of the game, but still cool. I used to have my own game projects too... sadly none of them finished, I had huge problems with motivation versus ambition when I was working alone. It is good to hear that you have something to occupy your mind with... I too found it was easier to forget I was a rejected failure of a human being when I was working on a project of some kind.
Yeah, I start feeling kinda down on my slow days too, despite the fact that there are many things I probably could be doing and genuinely want to do, but have little motivation to work on. Most of my problems can be solved with a consistent source of income, but jobs are a little hard to come by around here.
Hi, I play DoR PM me for a match.

PSN: the_sjcrew

Playing: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Friend me if you want to join my lobbies and/or compete!

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:56 pm

Hooded_Miracle wrote:Civilization Revolution,
Oh, yes. That does look 1337. I'll probably ask for it for my birthday. I really enjoyed I, III and IV. II was meh.
Unakau wrote:Bog, by calling it minigame crap, you have demonstrated that you have no idea how Phoenix Wright works. Besides, most of the greatness of the game comes from its humor.

Notice how I said "Isn't that just one of those giant mingames?", asking a question rather than making a statement. Radioshadow has not done the game any justice.

And quit with the "I love x game, everyone who hates x game must die."

Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Joey Chicago » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:11 am

Bog, it's called exaggerating. I'm joking around with you.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 am

.... I knew that.

RadioShadow

Post by RadioShadow » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:44 am

Unakau wrote:Bog, by calling it minigame crap, you have demonstrated that you have no idea how Phoenix Wright works. Besides, most of the greatness of the game comes from its humor.

I thought you hated the series Unakua?

Rexi wrote:Isn't that just another one of those giant gimmicky DS minigames sold for an extortionate price considering that you can get better things on flash game sites?

I play too many videogames, anyway.
Any one got any 'OBJECTIONS' if I kill Bog? The games was originally on the GBA but got ported to the DS. Now if you would rather have 3D graphics, then play some bloody Halo but the gba images is what makes the game great (something 3D would fail to do). Oh, and the humour from the game.

Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Joey Chicago » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:12 am

I've never hated Phoenix Wright. I don't know where you got that from.

IBVG finally bothered me enough and I got the first game last Tuesday. I finished the first game on Friday. It gets an A from me (though I do give out A+'s.)

I'm on the second game and I quite like it, though it seems to be not quite as good as the first. But what do I know? I'm only on the third case.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:27 am

RS, I'd probably like it if you hadn't poisoned my mind with objections.

And who said I wanted 3d?

Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Joey Chicago » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:49 am

Rexi wrote:RS, I'd probably like it if you hadn't poisoned my mind with objections.
Haha.

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:55 am

Rexi wrote:And who said I wanted 3d?
Well, you did. Or at least, made statements that can be easily misconstrued as to mean that.

Regardless, fire up zSNES, find a copy of Super Robot Wars 3 and plonk in AGTP's english patch. You like strategy games after all, and this one provides more than enough challenge.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Post by Bog » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:54 am

I'd add it to my GBA flash cart. Ty.

RadioShadow

Post by RadioShadow » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:39 am

Unakau wrote:I've never hated Phoenix Wright. I don't know where you got that from.

IBVG finally bothered me enough and I got the first game last Tuesday. I finished the first game on Friday. It gets an A from me (though I do give out A+'s.)

I'm on the second game and I quite like it, though it seems to be not quite as good as the first. But what do I know? I'm only on the third case.
The second one isn't as great as the 1st or 3rd game. But the last Case on Phoenix Wright 2 makes is the best case in my opinion.

The Saffron Emperor

Post by The Saffron Emperor » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:38 am

*Sigh*

The OPost is part of the reason why I'm never here.
--
Haha! They call me "Saffron."

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:30 pm

Yeah

kinda
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:49 pm

I love how "I am pathetic and need a life" is answered with random video game recommendations.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Hans Stockmann

Post by Hans Stockmann » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:27 pm

That's because teh xbawks made them cool again, and the Wii made them popular. The PS3 made them movies.

SJCrew

Post by SJCrew » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:48 pm

Dunno about you guys, but video gaming my brains out would actually make me feel worse in a random fit of depression. Waking up after a nice nap usually makes me feel refreshed and good about myself again.
Hi, I play DoR PM me for a match.

PSN: the_sjcrew

Playing: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Friend me if you want to join my lobbies and/or compete!