Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

WWN's Social Lounge. The place to come and chill out for a relaxed conversation about life and stuff, or some more serious debates.
Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Bog » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:04 am

Well the one I given is actually proven. If anyone with half a brain just sits there and thinks, it's pretty damn obvious, especially given what it's allowed America to do.

User avatar
Shift Breaker
Rank: Combo Chicken
Location: Definitely WWN. Really.

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Shift Breaker » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:50 am

*Plays the obligatory Maddox Card*
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Bog » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:35 am

Well, no, because if they killed him, it'd just confirm my/our suspicions.

User avatar
Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked
Location: Woodbury, Minnesota

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Joey Chicago » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:10 am

Rexi wrote:Well the one I given is actually proven. If anyone with half a brain just sits there and thinks, it's pretty damn obvious, especially given what it's allowed America to do.
Jesus Christ.

What is so difficult to believe about all of this?

A bunch of Saudi Arabian men hatched a plot to run planes into four US government buildings because they valued glory over their own lives. If you think that the government can hatch a plan so spectacular and perfect that they could actually get away with it, you are horrendously mistaken.

The entire film Loose Change has been discredited by university scientists from around the country. While the Bush administration has an agenda that I find to be horrible, I am fairly certain that they aren't fudge evil.

Sure, I want more reasons to hate Bush, but, having common sense, I am fairly certain that the idiotic drivel that we, for some reason, acknowledge as "theories" are complete and utter crumpets from people who trust their government just a little too little.

fudge's sake, it's more likely that we never went to the moon.
"Live every week like it's Shark Week." - Tracy Jordan

"And there's a tax on people who smoke tobacco with a bong in public solely to be provocative." - Chris Onstad

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Bog » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:30 am

Firstly, I have never referred to Loose Change in this topic.

Secondly, that wasn't their motive. Their motive was to bypass judging by Allah and to guarantee their friend's and families a place in Heaven. And I have an AS in Philosophy of Religion, before you start trying to correct me on that one. I know what I'm talking about when it comes to religion, particularly the Abrahamic ones.

Thirdly, the attacks have been VERY profitable for the US, giving them great excuses to bully smaller countries. I actually kind of respect Russia for standing up to them, or I used to, before the Georgia thing.

User avatar
Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked
Location: Woodbury, Minnesota

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Joey Chicago » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:45 am

i'm not trying to correct you on the motive because you're completely right and i was simply stating why we were their target

Russia stood up to us? What? Oh no, they didn't support us. However, I find it hard to believe that you respect them for supporting a country as truly awful as Iran.

We're using it to bully smaller countries, yeah, but something tells me that it wouldn't be worth the risk.

Sure, we had a motive, but that's like saying that I would kill my dog and say that one of the poor people from across town did it so that I can push around the poor people for their supply of loose change and booze. I might get a few perks by shouting "YOUR KIND KILLED MY MOTHER," yeah, but would it be worth the risk?
"Live every week like it's Shark Week." - Tracy Jordan

"And there's a tax on people who smoke tobacco with a bong in public solely to be provocative." - Chris Onstad

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Bog » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:14 am

But what makes Iran awful?

OH LOOK THEY HAVE LOTSA OIL LETS INVADE 'EM.

User avatar
Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked
Location: Woodbury, Minnesota

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Joey Chicago » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:19 am

Well, the President has sort of said that he wants Israel wiped clean off the map. Also, he claims that there are no gays in Iran, and any that are found gay are executed are kind of executed (not much different from other Middle Eastern countries but still.) Iran is also trying to gain nuclear weapons, which is a bit of a problem considering their attitude towards Israel. I wouldn't support invading Iran and neither should anyone else, but the fact remains that it is a dangerous country, something that neither Iraq nor Afghanistan were.
"Live every week like it's Shark Week." - Tracy Jordan

"And there's a tax on people who smoke tobacco with a bong in public solely to be provocative." - Chris Onstad

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Bog » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:11 am

So the President is dangerous, not the country. There is a difference.

Most countries in that area want Israel blown to kingdom come anyway.

User avatar
Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked
Location: Woodbury, Minnesota

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Joey Chicago » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:28 am

Bog, I'm getting the feeling that you have no idea what is really happening with Iran. Russia has sort of been aiding them with nuclear material and that's not exactly a respectable thing.

I understand how you can respect a country for standing up to the big, bad USA, but I think it's foolish to respect a country who does something so boneheaded.
"Live every week like it's Shark Week." - Tracy Jordan

"And there's a tax on people who smoke tobacco with a bong in public solely to be provocative." - Chris Onstad

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

User avatar
Hooded_Miracle
Rank: Hoodie with a Target

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Hooded_Miracle » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:17 am

Uh, I think the Bush Administration is fudge evil, but I think they only got involved with 9/11 to the point where they invaded the Middle East. They didn't do anything involving planes.

Besides, Bog, even if the American government WAS planning this, do you think they could plan all of it? Maybe parts of it, sure, but this is huge, and no matter how big a government or operation is, if someone has a conscience, they aren't gonna stay silent.
Hooded_Miracle wrote:It needs some 'The Devil went down to Georgia,' because I'm pretty sure the devil doesn't like Georgia. >_>
Shift Breaker wrote:No, you're thinking of the Russians.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Bog » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:20 am

Bog, I'm getting the feeling that you have no idea what is really happening with Iran. Russia has sort of been aiding them with nuclear material and that's not exactly a respectable thing.

I understand how you can respect a country for standing up to the big, bad USA, but I think it's foolish to respect a country who does something so boneheaded.
No, I understand completely. It's just I read news from both sides. (Yup. I read Middle Eastern news websites as well as Western.) It creates a thoroughly unbiased view of the situation.

Both sides are as bad as each other. Iran's government are arseholes, but so are the Americans. Seriously, if Iran and American swapped roles and Iran was thinking about invading, it'd be no different.

Lets put it into perspective...

- Iran wants to attack Israel. America wants to attack Iran, and has attacked Iraq for no real reason. Israel isn't exactly a goody-two-shoes either.
- Iran's President denies a lot of things that the rest world agree upon. Bush denied the existence of Global Warming until recently.
- Iran is homophobic. America is Islamophobic. Although admittedly, not quite on the same scale.

Of course, if it came to a huge world war between the East and West, I'd be on America's side because I'm used to the Western way of life and believe in it. Our countries are mature enough to have democracy. Most of the countries down the Middle East are still very young and have yet to "grow up". Not everyone wants democracy. One of the reasons why Germany was only a democracy for fourteen years after the end of WWI was because people didn't like it. They only accepted democracy after it was forced upon them. The same thing is going to happen in Iraq, I bet.

The bottom line is, the Middle East needs to mature internationally and socially. It'll probably take another fifty years or so, but they need to have a nice big war to sort themselves out. It won't be pleasant, but it's what we needed to do. After we did our fair bit of killing each other, everything was fine. We live a comfortable life. It's not like we were before. We had a thousand years of wars with the Spanish, Scots, Irish and French, culminating in two huge wars which ultimately created our rather comfortable lives that we lead today.

Every time that we Westerns step into Middle Eastern affairs we just delay the inevitable.

User avatar
Dragonite
Rank: My face is beaming.
Location: the netherlands(mostly)

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Dragonite » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:46 pm

I hate to say it,but I somewhat agree.
The middle east still has to mature a bit,they are now in puberty.
We were in puberty last 2000 years.

And russia is causing trouble as well.They are so paranoid that the U.S.A is still looking for war.(on the other hand,they do have a point).

China has a diffirent way to view freedom,so I won't comment on something I don't understand fully yet.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Bog » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:19 pm

You have to remember that most of the countries down in the Middle East are only a hundred years old. Before that, it was just random self-proclaimed kings killing each other over 10m² of desert. In other words, exactly the same as we Brits were 3000 years ago. The Americans and Canadians had a head start because we were like, holding their hands up the tech and social tree from day one.

User avatar
Dragonite
Rank: My face is beaming.
Location: the netherlands(mostly)

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Dragonite » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:43 am

the U.S.A had acess to european culture,but because it was a whole new country,it turned out diffirent.

It is at topics like this that I long to live in new-sealand...
The land with beatiful nature where nothing really disturbing ever seems to happen.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Bog » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:33 am

Corrections welcome.
New Zealand

User avatar
onewaystreet
Rank: Pizza Craver
Location: Some sort of box, by the looks of it.

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by onewaystreet » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:46 am

Dragonite, you obviously haven't seen the Lord of the Rings movies.

GIANT FREAKING WARS happen in New Zealand.
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
RadioShadow wrote:Including having SEX? :o
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

User avatar
Dragonite
Rank: My face is beaming.
Location: the netherlands(mostly)

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Dragonite » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:33 am

onewaystreet wrote:Dragonite, you obviously have seen the Lord of the Rings movies.

GIANT FREAKING FICTIONAL WARS happen in New Zealand.
fixed

User avatar
Hooded_Miracle
Rank: Hoodie with a Target

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Hooded_Miracle » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:54 am

Ya know, no place is safe from war, draggy. >_>
Hooded_Miracle wrote:It needs some 'The Devil went down to Georgia,' because I'm pretty sure the devil doesn't like Georgia. >_>
Shift Breaker wrote:No, you're thinking of the Russians.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Bog » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:15 am

North Pole.

User avatar
Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked
Location: Woodbury, Minnesota

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Joey Chicago » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:22 am

wrong

polar bears versus narwhals

also sorry if it seems like i stopped arguing but i'm just not interested anymore in arguing against conspiracy theories
"Live every week like it's Shark Week." - Tracy Jordan

"And there's a tax on people who smoke tobacco with a bong in public solely to be provocative." - Chris Onstad

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Bog » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:30 am

Excuses excuses. I think I closed any hole in my perfectly structured argument.

User avatar
Joey Chicago
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked
Location: Woodbury, Minnesota

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Joey Chicago » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:44 am

perhaps but that doesn't change the fact you are wrong because your theory is completely insane

now bye
"Live every week like it's Shark Week." - Tracy Jordan

"And there's a tax on people who smoke tobacco with a bong in public solely to be provocative." - Chris Onstad

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Bog » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:49 am

What makes it insane? Oh... wait... the media.

User avatar
Hooded_Miracle
Rank: Hoodie with a Target

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Hooded_Miracle » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:04 am

Image
Hooded_Miracle wrote:It needs some 'The Devil went down to Georgia,' because I'm pretty sure the devil doesn't like Georgia. >_>
Shift Breaker wrote:No, you're thinking of the Russians.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Bog » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:13 am

Please, continue.

User avatar
Kanzer
Rank: Doc
Location: AwesomePeopleville, apparently

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Kanzer » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:16 am

And still I think nobody really got you, boggers.

Or maybe it's just me seeing things.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Bog » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:23 am

Dragonite did.

User avatar
Kanzer
Rank: Doc
Location: AwesomePeopleville, apparently

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Kanzer » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:29 am

Then, I actually WAS seeing things.

I'll just throw a ''lol'' at the whole topic and everyone that put any effort into it.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

User avatar
Dragonite
Rank: My face is beaming.
Location: the netherlands(mostly)

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Dragonite » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:59 pm

Rexi wrote:Dragonite did.
I believe we where just discussing just now..

User avatar
Guesty

Post by Guesty » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:13 am

This is almost as stupid as tier lists. Speaking of which...

POLITICS TIER LIST:

God Tier:
Switzerland (automatically ends the fight due to Super Neutrality)
Countries with Neutrality (in rare cases, fight will still go on, but only against past countries)

High Tier:
Pre-2000 America (excellent aerials, only one bad matchup: North Korea)
Post-2000 America (Still good, but performs surprisingly poorly against low-tier characters such as Iraq)
Confederate States of America (Decent, but worst of the Americas)
British Empire (huge stage influence)
Cold War Russia (excellent mindgames, doesn't attack much but doesn't need to, America can beat it but it will be difficult)
Nazi Germany (utterly inhumane B-moves, good recovery)
WWII Japan (Risky aerials, Final Smash only works on America and only once, strengthens America after that)

Mid Tier:
China (Can deceive opponent, it's down-b brainwashing attack is good against communists and itself, but bad matchup with America)
Present Russia (good mindgames, awesome matchups with weaker characters like Georgia, but utterly pwned by America)
India (sure to be top tier in the next patch, good recovery)
Chamberlain Britain (too passive, bad matchup against Nazi Germany)

Low Tier:
Iraq (however, it can beat Post-2000 America)
North Korea (However, it can beat Pre-2000 America)
Image
Sig by Sasquatch.
Hit: Cute Things
Miss: Phones

User avatar
Dragonite
Rank: My face is beaming.
Location: the netherlands(mostly)

Re:

Post by Dragonite » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:48 am

Guesty wrote:This is almost as stupid as tier lists. Speaking of which...

POLITICS TIER LIST:

God Tier:
Switzerland (automatically ends the fight due to Super Neutrality)
Countries with Neutrality (in rare cases, fight will still go on, but only against past countries)

High Tier:
Pre-2000 America (excellent aerials, only one bad matchup: North Korea)
Post-2000 America (Still good, but performs surprisingly poorly against low-tier characters such as Iraq)
Confederate States of America (Decent, but worst of the Americas)
British Empire (huge stage influence)
Cold War Russia (excellent mindgames, doesn't attack much but doesn't need to, America can beat it but it will be difficult)
Nazi Germany (utterly inhumane B-moves, good recovery)
WWII Japan (Risky aerials, Final Smash only works on America and only once, strengthens America after that)

Mid Tier:
China (Can deceive opponent, it's down-b brainwashing attack is good against communists and itself, but bad matchup with America)
Present Russia (good mindgames, awesome matchups with weaker characters like Georgia, but utterly pwned by America)
India (sure to be top tier in the next patch, good recovery)
Chamberlain Britain (too passive, bad matchup against Nazi Germany)

Low Tier:
Iraq (however, it can beat Post-2000 America)
North Korea (However, it can beat Pre-2000 America)
lol

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Bog » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:17 am

Pointless post ftw?

User avatar
Shift Breaker
Rank: Combo Chicken
Location: Definitely WWN. Really.

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Shift Breaker » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:53 am

Rexi wrote:Pointless post ftw?
LAUGH OUT LOUD
"The part where you all shut up happens now." ~ thefalman
"I actually like to think of myself as a younger, hipper, more alive Nostradamus." ~ Treed
"Shifty, if I wasn't as manly a man as I am, I'd totally ask you out. And hope you'd wear that topless dude to impress me. In another lifetime, perhaps." ~ Nemmy
"Majora's Mask may by the only game I've played where someone was mooning me the entire time and I didn't care." ~ ThrawnFett

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Bog » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:02 am

<_<

User avatar
Guesty

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Guesty » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:01 am

Rexi wrote:Pointless post ftw?
You mean like the rest of this topic?
Image
Sig by Sasquatch.
Hit: Cute Things
Miss: Phones

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Bog » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:25 am

Nah, most of it is healthy conversation.

User avatar
onewaystreet
Rank: Pizza Craver
Location: Some sort of box, by the looks of it.

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by onewaystreet » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:27 am

No, no, Guesty's right. As usual.
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
RadioShadow wrote:Including having SEX? :o
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.

User avatar
DTaeKim
Star CO
Star CO
Rank: War Room Legend
Location: In your base, killing your d00ds

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by DTaeKim » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:08 am

Did I just read through another anti-American rant by Rexi?

Seriously, conspiracy theories?

And this one statement made me laugh.
Rexi wrote:No, I understand completely. It's just I read news from both sides. (Yup. I read Middle Eastern news websites as well as Western.) It creates a thoroughly unbiased view of the situation.
Two biased viewpoints does not equal one unbiased view of the situation.
What can change the nature of a man?

Bog
Meteor Striked
Meteor Striked

Re: Space Invaders: Twin Tower Controversy

Post by Bog » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:27 am

It wasn't anti-american. It was anti-war. I think I have explained that 1224356634398309 times. :)

BOTH parties are dickheads.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Multivac [Bot] and 0 guests